Start by marking “Wild (Chicago Underground, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wild (Chicago Underground, #4)

Wild

(Chicago Underground #4)

Once upon a time I was the girl who had everything, the clothes, the car. The rich dad who spoiled me. But the truth was, the only thing I had was my body. I used it to buy my way out.

I took a bite of the apple knowing full well what would happen.

That's how I became a call girl. That's the story of how I ended up in hell.

There's only one man who makes me wish things had
Published June 30th 2015

Start your review of Wild (Chicago Underground, #4)
Elfina Renee
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The intensity of the story keeps building. I'm no closer to knowing the truth than when I first started. So you know after I'm done typing this up, I'll be moving to the next. For the record Philip scares the shit out of me, his interest in a child, a seventeen year old, is frightening. Sick much asshole? Luke mmmmmmm, he's everyone woman's fantasy while Shelly is stubbornly independent. Reckless at times as though she has a death wish, or wants to go out in a blaze of glory. The chess pieces ...more
Karen
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-reads
5 Wild Stars

This is book 4 in Skye Warren's "Chicago Underground Series".
Lots of mystery, romance and thrills in this fourth book. This is Shelly and Luke's story. Shelly is a prostitute trying to get out of the trade but keeps running into brick walls. I love her character. She is strong, fierce and protective and doesn't give up. Luke is the good cop that Shelly just can't stop thinking about. The story is short but moves along at a fast pace with a great plot and lots of mystery and danger.
Babel
Sky Warren's heroines are always touched by a deep sense of betrayal and a sad, resigned despair. Shelley is a woman who's used to being used. Despite her efforts, almost childlike in their hope, to leave a life of selling herself behind, she finds herself trapped in a whirlwind of crime, monstruous men and impossible pacts with the devil.

I think this is a thriller that feels like a film noir, with wise Madams, high-paid escorts forced to submit to a dead-end commercial slavery emporium, and a
Melanie
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wild starts the story of Shelly. It takes place a little while after the end of Fierce. Shelly is recovering from the showdown that happened in the previous book. She has also been out of the life of prostitution that has been the only life that she's ever know. Shelly started down this road to help her friend Allie with her child. She made a lot of money at it. She even became the live-in mistress of Philip, Colin's crime boss brother.

Here we see how even though Shelly has been putting on a
Dar
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, that was something..... my heart is beating out of my chest!!!
Donna Morrison
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is the start of Luke and Shelly's story.
Luke is a cop and Shelly is a prostitute. She wanted him but she knew she was not good enough for him so she had become his informant just to stay close to him. That lead to her getting shot. After she was shot he sat with her in the hospital. He felt guilty but she didn't blame him for any of it.
She had promised him she would get out of the business and she did try went to an interview to only find out that the manager was a previous client.
Pamela aka Scottieluvr
Raw. Gritty. Real life. No BS resides in this book.

Its been a while since reading such a true-to-life fiction story. Yet this read was not taboo or over-the-top in its realism. JE Taylor's books come to mind when I attempt to review Ms Warren's book however, where Taylor's books eviscerates the reader with realism, Warren's just touches on being emotionally [psychologically] visceral.

Stout, earthy characters: Shelly, Luke, Philip, Ella give Oscar performances. In fact, I think I met these
Nessa
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
AT THE MOMENT I AM HAVING MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THIS STORY, but one thing for sure if it was a movie, the sexual tension would be off the charts.

BUT I do wish there were more Luke and Shelly moments but this book is more focused on the prostitution business than the characters' relationship. As important it might be, I HONESTLY would like to see more of the main players. I didn't read the first three books but I am guessing it all leads up to this point, especially telling us how the two met.

I
The Glassed And The Furious
I was not a huge fan of the Chicago Unerground series before, so I was a bit doubtful. But I do appreciate Shelly as a main character. She is strong and feisty and doesn't let others push her around, which I can certainly appreciate.
What remains is that these novels are ridiculously short. Just put the three installments in one book and be done with it, this constant 70 page (or so) short novel style is bugging me...
Cindy
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really one book split into three parts. I would have been pissed off if I had to wait for the next installment but I had all three books prior to starting. I will review the books as a whole when all parts are placed into one book.
Bobbie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series. Intriguing characters. Interesting storyline with lots of suspense.
Lorrie
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm, this one was okay, but I haven't connected with Shelly yet. This first book didn't really focus on her and Luke. Interested to see where their story goes though.
C Joy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains abuse and violence, as well as incest (mentioned in passing) so it's not for everyone. There's a lot of potential here to develop the characters.
Tabitha
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written story

Another well written story that I could not put down. I was lured in from the first chapter. I must know how it beds.
Amanda
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
So after reading Allie and Colin’s book I was set to dive into Shelly and Luke’s book because it just had such an impossible feel to it. Also felt a lot like Pretty Woman…and what woman in their right mind doesn’t like that movie…it’s a classic!!
Anywho I just have to say upfront that Allie in this book is a self-righteous hypocrite…she stands there and tells Shelly she can’t possibly be in love with Luke that he is basically just a challenge to her when she didn’t know her ass from a hole in the
Dana Delamar
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. Interesting start to a three-part serial by Skye Warren about a prostitute in love with a Chicago cop. She's mixed up in some *really* bad stuff, and he's in love with her and wants to help her, but he doesn't want to be involved with a prostitute. You get the picture.

The story is well-written and gritty; however, the romance between the hero and heroine just barely gets started in this part before it ends, and I'm on the fence about finishing the story, mostly because a) I don't
Kimberly
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another emotional and dark read from Skye Warren. The main character is Shelly in this story, she was introduced in Rough, but now we get to find out who she is and what she is about. She is a deeply troubled woman with a heart of gold. She helps everyone who comes into her orbit, but she doesn't help herself. Shelly is a strong character, and despite the fact that she's a hooker, and thinks herself lowest of the low, I can't help but love her. And Luke, oh Luke he is yummy but I wanted more ...more
ocdbookreader
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
So much better than previous books.

I have this book in stand-alone form and the boxed set, which claims can be read as a stand-alone.
But I got half way through this book and just felt like I was missing something.
So I went and read the previous books. Then this book made a whole lot more sense.
We have Shelley, Allie's best friend if you read books one, two, and three. She's a prostitute and in love with a cop for starters. And wanted for murder, also while trying to protect a girl who's hiding
Judy Miracle
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Shelly is a strong willed girl with a heart of gold even though she doesn't try and show it. Shes in fear of her life and runs to the one person she knows can help her Luke. While at luke's she over hears a conversation and she immediately questions if he can be trusted and she takes off. Feeling along and betrayed she goes to Phillip looking for help.

Phillip and luke couldnt be more different than day and night. Phillip is all sexy with a dark side in the bedroom. While Luke
Sue
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
A cop and an escort on the run...loved the blurb and really liked the exciting plot as well. It sounds like a simple enough idea but in true Skye Warren form, she always makes her stories dark with some interesting twists and the steamy romance is always in the forefront.
Luke (the cop) and Philip (the former lover) make an interesting contrast to each other and Shelly is torn between the man who once wanted her but feels betrayed and the one she desperately wants but feels like she can't have
DeAnna
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better. Shelly, Allie’s best friend, is trying to get out of prostitution but now she’s in trouble. She also has acquired “Ella” and is trying to help her get to safety when they both get set up. Ella is a mystery and is being forced into prostitution. Now they are hiding from Henry, the ruthless pimp. The only person who can help her is the person she betrayed and she doesn’t know if she can trust the person who she betrayed him for, the person she fell for. As she ...more
Tonya
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the fourth book in the Chicago Underground series. You don't need to read the first three before this one. It will help with the minor characters and would show how helpful Shelly can be. What she did for Allie and for Bailey.

This is suppose to be Shelly and Luke's story. We didn't get much of them in this book.

I wish we would have gotten more of how she became his informant in the previous three books, but we didn't. I'm just not feeling there connection because we didn't get to see
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
3 Star Read:
It has many redeeming qualities. The characters were likable at best neutral at worst. The writing was much better than expected. I developed an interest that withstood to the end. The plot was nice, somewhat original or had its own unique flair. The writing was good, and the pretense wasn’t half bad, the romance was simmering with few exceptions. The male/female lead showed hints of abuse both verbal and/or physical or signs of spot-on or forced chemistry. It was a tiny bit
Michelle Austin
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Shelly is a strong woman with a big heart. Fearing for her life, she goes to Luke for help and overhears him on the phone, feeling betrayed she ends up running to Philip. Philip has this sexy hot dark side and Luke is sweet and protective. I am loving both of these men very much. You also meet Ella, who has her own secrets. I can't wait to see how the story develops and what the next obstacle will be for Shelly. This book ends in a cliffhanger that will leave you wanting more. ...more
Diana Reeves
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Unexpected

This story was not what I expected it to be and there only seemed to be little of anything to do with Luke and Shelly other than Shelly's longing for him. I guess I'd rather read a story that gets to the point rather than drag out over multiple books, when the story could have peaked at a 2 or 3 book series.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

The plot of the story was great with a lot of suspense ad danger all around them. Luke and Shelly, are great and you just know they make a great couple. I am so glad you brought, Collin and Allie from the previous books. So ready, to read more about them so keep them coming.
Kari
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
So, I read this one after reading the 1st 3 books in the series, even though I wasn't crazy about them, because I like to finish a series when I start it. This is the best book in the series, so far, however, I've decided not to read anymore of it. The next 2 books are $3 each, TO ME, not worth it to buy them at that amount.
Kael
So well written and heartbreaking. I love Shelly. She's trying so hard to survive and she's so sad but she also is trying to help this girl. She deserves so much and I don't know how she's gonna get there. I get that she likes Luke but I don't see why. He doesn't seem like anything special right now so hopefully in the last book. I do like Phillip though and they could've been sweet together.
Fancy Peterson
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Skye Warren poured so much into this series that left me raw, broken, and emotional. Definitely a job well done and a story that came full circle. Even though the expected happen, she made the story fresh and unpredictable.
Heidi Dover
Sep 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: liked-minus
Never felt connected to either character, and since the what I think were supposed to be the MCs spent about 2 pages total of time together and then it just ends… I've come to the conclusion this series is not for me. Just don't feel any connection, intensity, or driving interest.

• Sweet (Chicago Underground, #7)
  • Possessive
  • Dirty Dom (Valetti Crime Family, #1)
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • The Sixty Days Box Set: Sell My Soul, Buy My Soul, Own My Soul (Sixty Days, #1-3)
  • Seductive
  • All I Want Is A Kiss
  • Selling Out (The Lost Girls, #2)
  • Christmas in Darling Bay
  • The Party (Dear Santa, #1)
  • Bay of Islands Brides (3-in-1 Collection)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The McKinnon Brothers, #1; Christmas in New York, #3)
  • Christmas with You (Stewart Island, #4)
  • Six Geese A-Laying
  • Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)
  • The Italian Billionaire’s Christmas Bride (Italian Billionaire Christmas Brides #1)
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • The Extra (The Extra Series, #1)

Chicago Underground (7 books)
  • Rough (Chicago Underground, #1)
  • Hard (Chicago Underground, #2)
  • Fierce (Chicago Underground, #3)
  • Dirty (Chicago Underground, #5)
  • Secret (Chicago Underground, #6)
  • Deep (Chicago Underground, #8)