Start by marking “The Longest Night Watch, Volume 1 (A Charity Anthology for the Alzheimer's Association, #1)” as Want to Read:

The Longest Night Watch, Volume 1

(Charity Anthologies for the Alzheimer's Association #1)

On March 12th, 2015, the writing world lost one of its greatest contemporary heroes - Sir Terrence "Terry" Pratchett. To honor his life, a group of writers decided to publish an anthology of stories that showcased his influence on their writing, and also would help bring awareness of the disease that contributed to his end, Alzheimer's Disease.
Found in this volume are elev
ebook
Published June 20th 2015 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Longest Night Watch, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Longest Night Watch, Volume 1

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenLong Range by C.J. BoxLongitude by Dava SobelThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Long Song by Andrea Levy
"Long" Sad Dogs
250 books — 13 voters
A World of Possibility by Christopher  ShieldsA World of Romance by Christopher  ShieldsStories and Scripts by Zack LovePeace, Love, & Romance by Jennifer TheriotThe Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volume 1 by M.H. Abrams
Anthologies
406 books — 196 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Longest Night Watch, Volume 1 (A Charity Anthology for the Alzheimer's Association, #1)
Teresa Stubbins
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Terry Pratchett and still love his work. I love satire and lighthearted humor in novels when it can be done especially in the fantasy genre. I was up in Northern Virginia for work and stopped by a local computer store to grab some materials for an installation job, and I bumped into an employee who was an author! I can't remember his name but he told me about the book and that it was charity and that he had a part in making it. I had my Kindle paperwhite, bought it then and there.

I loved
J.R. Gershen-Siegel
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tiny Turtles! Dragon-blooded girls! Werewolves in warehouses (werehouses?)! Thieves and magicians and boogeymen, oh, my!

This collection puts together - for an excellent cause (Alzheimer's research) - an eclectic mix from the minds of authors who are overdue for discovery and wider distribution.

Fun, touching, horrific, and lyrical, this is an imaginative read. Plus the proceeds go for a good cause!
Leslie
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sir Terry would be proud! This colorful collection written by ardent fans of a legendary author for a VERY worthy cause is a soaring testament to the profound impact a good storyteller has. I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of works from very talented authors, ranging in taste from endearing to disturbing; from light fantasy fun to heart-wrenching scenes that not only seek to do justice to the literary master who inspired them all, but to also shed light on a horrible disease and offers unique pe ...more
Skye Hegyes
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
The Good
The poems and short stories within this collection were an excellent representation of various styles and authors new to me. It was wonderful to read various stories in various genres.

The Bad
Not really bad, but some of the short stories made me want to read more, and there wasn't more to read. They all end nicely and tie up their storylines, but I wanted more from the worlds they presented.

The Review
I can't wait to read more from the authors included in this collection. Some of them have
Daryl Ball
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Written to honour the late Sir Terry Prathcett and to help raise money towards the fight against Alzehimer's disease, this anthology collects a nice range of short stories and poems. Some are written with the brilliant mind behind the Discworld's sense of humour in mind, others shine a very real light on the disease that he and so many others have fought. The book also helps shine a light on several authors you might not have otherwise read. All of these things combine to provide a wonderful boo ...more
Lucy Gerrano
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this was such a fun treat of a book. so many stories and varied pieces for the price of one thing. Every bit of this was enjoyable from mr. cejka's works, suttons, barber, everyone. It was all over the place in the best way. It's wonderful to see so many stories from different voices. I loved the wizard story, the poems, everything.

This was just a bundle of talented voices and its for charity. why not? five stars!
Bree
May 02, 2016
Tammy
Brian
D.R. Perry
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lacey
Sep 08, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
S.E. Anderson
Sep 19, 2015
D.R. Perry
Sep 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mike Portsmouth
Kelly
May 18, 2016
Maiona
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Authors and Cover Artist needed for book 5 37 Sep 28, 2015 04:06PM
Lacey Sutton is an aspiring author. She spends her days getting paid to sit in front of a computer, and her nights not getting paid to do the same. She has had a long and varied number of things she wanted to do when she grew up - none of which included actually growing up. This explains her tendency to snicker at anything that would make a 2nd grader laugh, the fact that she watches more cartoons ...more

Charity Anthologies for the Alzheimer's Association (2 books)
  • The Longest Night Watch, Volume 2 (A Charity Anthology for the Alzheimer's Association, #2)

News & Interviews