Start by marking “Loch (The Powers That Be, #3)” as Want to Read:
Loch (The Powers That Be, #3)

Loch (The Powers That Be #3)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  2,229 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
Loch Powers was the hottest guy I’d ever seen in my entire life.

And I hated him with every fiber of my being.

I'd practically known him since birth. Heck, we’d literally shared a crib as babies at his mom’s daycare.

Then I’d crushed on him hard when we hit middle school but he wouldn’t give geeky, glasses-wearing me the time of day. When his mom made him take me to the sixth
Published September 30th 2015 (first published September 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Loch, please sign up.

Jan 28, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it

Not liking either one of them. Simone was so wishy washy and whiny. Then we got Loch who was so sweet one minute and then a total jerk the next.
✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 21, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Southern Belle Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

A story of first love. Forgiveness. Second Chances. && Lots and Lots of Sexual tension that will ignite and incinerate your panties.

I loved Loch!! Though, I wished that the character, Loch, himself, had more depth, character development, and more presence period. Quite frankly, I always just found him secondary and pushed to the back of what I felt he could have been. But that’s just me.

As
Rachel
Sep 30, 2015 Rachel rated it it was ok
1.5 "I'm obviously in the minority" stars.

The whole "I hate you but you're so hot" thing Simone has going on with Loch pretty much throughout the whole book got tiresome fast. Didn't like either the hero or heroine and although I got to the end, I spent the majority of the book skimming and making sarcastic notes throughout it. Both of them come across as incredibly immature it was annoying! Maybe if Simone had some self-respect it would have been better. I enjoyed the first book in this series
Emma H
Mar 14, 2017 Emma H rated it did not like it
No nope nope! I continued with this out of curiosity and i wish i never bothered. The authors writing is terrible the heroine sounds childish and Loch was just as bad. The storyline is based around a revenge plot over something that happened when they were kids so it automatically screamed childish to me. Dont waste your money on this one
Kim
Sep 25, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Simone St. John has returned to her hometown of Seattle...the scene of intense mortification in sixth grade by her teen crush Lochlan Powers. He used to be her childhood friend, but for years she has hated what he did to her and in turn hated even the idea of him.

And as they now both attend Hallervan College, she finds that the cocky jerk from middle school is now a way-too-hot, charismatic, flirty man.

Loch seems sweet, attentive, fun, and is completely desirable and flirtacious. But she finds i
Amanda
Sep 27, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh you got to love those powers boys!

Yep, yet another great book that Harper has written. Still love MY Gable the most (Yeh you heard that right, he is mine) but those other powers boys are inching into my heart with each book.
Loch and Simones story is just that. It doesn't have Zekes or Gables 'next' part of their story in it so its just Lochs!
I'm not a reviewer who goes on and blah blah blahs about every little thing in the book. I'm just me, a reader who loved this book. Loved it so much th
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Dec 27, 2015 Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the last book in this series!!
Nance
3.5 star rating

Review to be written soon...
Jessica
Feb 28, 2017 Jessica rated it did not like it
This author doesn't seem to be a hit with me. It's always the self-righteous, cocky guys and pathetic girls who don't know how to stand up for themselves. I don't understand why Simone went along with that childish revenge scheme in the first place when that was nothing like her personality. She was traumatized and shy, she didn't have it in her to do something like that. Simone was mature on her own, but easily influenced by people around her. She needs better friends and more support.

Loch, I
Anne
Jan 14, 2016 Anne rated it did not like it
Shelves: such-bull

I’m not even going to complain on the lack of edits this time. Apparently they have been done and new versions are up (so I’m told) but not on Amazon. How you can publish an unfinished product (because that’s what a first(?) draft is) is just incomprehensible to me. You’re asking for money for something that’s not whole. It’s like trying to sell a broken TV.
And people wonder why a lot of readers avoid self-published books.

The couple is the worst I have ever read. She’s immature, cowardly, refuse
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Sep 02, 2015 Amanda at WickedGoodReads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
I mean really, what can I say about Harper Bentley that I have not already said. I sing her praises daily!

Loch is book 3 in her Powers That Be series, and if you have yet to read Gable and Zeke, I suggest you do although this book is a stand alone.

Loch is the youngest of 4 brothers, so we have one brother left and I for one, cannot wait for Ryker's story.

What I liked about this book, is the story. It's a story of second chance love between Loch and Simone. Loch, as a young tween, had some very
Caroline F
Jan 01, 2016 Caroline F rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
“I was too young to know how to love her”

Loch and Simone were childhood friends who drifted apart as they got older. He became cooler and she became nerdier. When they were 12, Loch completed humiliated Simone. Her family moved away shortly after but the trauma affected her for many years to come. Simone loved him as a child and ended up hating him.

All grown up, Simone is back in town to attend college. Loch comes on to her on her first day, not realising who she is. His ignorance of her identit
The Book Disciple (Samantha)
Sep 23, 2015 The Book Disciple (Samantha) rated it really liked it
I waffled back and forth between 3 and 4 stars. But, here is why I tipped towards 4:
1. I liked Simone. I thought she was relatable. And I love a female character who is going to college for something as bad ass as engineering. Smart, nerdy girls are the bomb!
2. I love that Loch had regrets. I think that is really powerful.
3. The story is pretty short and can be easily in one sitting. The plot moves along well and the characters are likable.
Overal, it was an enjoyable story. Did I love it? No,
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 23, 2015 Spunky N Sassy rated it really liked it
SNS Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Kirsty's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Overly emotional. Simone that poor girl!! She was embarrassed by her childhood crush Loch and when she goes to the college when she's older she has a few classes with him. Not only do these two battle each other even tho they clearly have feelings they are so stubborn. Now Loch he is as stubborn as they come. He learned that Simone is the one who got away. THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! Really can not wait for the next book

~~~~~~~~~~Val's ★★★★ Rev
Emily
Simone St. John has returned to Seattle, it has been years since she has been back but she wants the chance to have a typically college life as well as be with her best friend who she has missed. The one thing she doesn't want is to run into Loch Powers. Loch had been a friend up until middle school when he acted unforgivably and Simone still has nightmares about it.

When Loch sees the new beauty on campus, he doesn't realize it is Simone. Simone takes her best friends advice about a revenge oppo
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Jan 22, 2016 Johnnie-Marie Howard rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
MUST READ 1 person POV story as much as I was really hoping this was going to be a 2 person POV just to be in Loch's head when he found out certain things ( yea see I'm not going to give any spoilers out) would have been amazing. full of hurt, lies, love and truths, this story wraps you up and spits you out once it's finished, as it does seem short once you get reading it, of course then you can't help but not put the story down for anything.

***I received this story for free in exchange for an
Gillian
Nov 01, 2015 Gillian rated it liked it
I'm not going to lie. I was really disappointed with this one. Way too insta love for me. Like I get they knew each other before but to go from not recognizing each other to making out on a first encounter just didn't seem believable to me. As well as the use of baby so early on. I dunno this one just fell flat for me.
Aina Shukri
Dec 18, 2015 Aina Shukri rated it really liked it
Let's see.. A spitting image of Ryker (not that I know how Ryker looks like) A jerk like Gable. Nonetheless a gentleman as Zeke. Well people, that's how our Power brothers exactly like.
Nina
Oct 12, 2015 Nina rated it it was ok
It was an alright book. I felt like I've read the same storyline a thousand times. Plus I'm not really into young(high school/uni) characters. Thus, the 2 stars. :)
Lydia Cothran
Sep 24, 2015 Lydia Cothran rated it it was amazing
Another AWESOME Powers Brothers book from Harper! So addicted to these men ♡
Biate
Sep 27, 2015 Biate rated it really liked it
Gable is still my all time favorite Powers brother, but Loch was not to bad. I really liked this book. A quick, happy and light read. Harper Bentley is a star!
Jamie Ramsey
Feb 18, 2016 Jamie Ramsey rated it it was amazing
I think these books are so easy to read no massive dramas like some books some people loved these books some don't but read for yourself and make a judgement :-)
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
3.5 stars. Enjoyed this one better then the first, but not as much as the second. I felt that story could have been flushed out a bit more!
Charlotte
Mar 23, 2017 Charlotte rated it did not like it
Classic New Adult romance problem--writer doesn't seem interested in understanding men as people. Loch, that is, is a persona, not a person, and a straightforward stereotype ripped lazily from the alpha genre. A question that could be interesting--what drove Loch to be almost sociopathically cruel as a young person, and how did he come to see the light--gets no attention despite being one of two driving forces of the plot. The other driving force--the heroine's plan for vengeance that she never ...more
Jessica Kennedy
Nov 09, 2016 Jessica Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for this Friends to Lovers romance

Okay☺. Let me start out by saying I'm hooked on this amazing series. Harper Bentley does it again and this time it's a story that will have going to the next page to see if a certain character will redeem themselves.

I love how this author captures you in the moment between her characters. Loch will have you swooning for him one minute and wanting to punch him the next.

One click this amazing book.
Lucy Edwards
Mar 07, 2017 Lucy Edwards rated it it was ok
I found the story idea to be ok but the over use of words such as "cripes" "frick" "fracking" "eep" and "eesh" really grated on my last nerve. Also there was a lot of parts in this one that really didn't need to be in there at all
Natalie
Feb 22, 2017 Natalie rated it really liked it
Book 3 was good. Loch is this straight forward, up in your face guy. I though Simone would be shy but turned out I liked her character. Can't wait for the next one.
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Aug 28, 2015 Trish Bedroom Bookworms rated it it was amazing
Harper does it again. Just a book-bomb dropped in my email. "Here's the book."
Wait, what? How does she do that? She just finishes it and then hits publish and away she goes. I can't say I don't love it, but it always leaves me scrambling. I got lucky this time because I'd just finished a book so I could start Loch right away. Which I did. And then did not move until it was done. (Seriously, I have a backache. I should have at least stretched first.)
All in all - I was riveted.

Overall Rating: 4.5
Nova
Feb 23, 2017 Nova rated it it was amazing
Loch is the third book in the Powers that be series. And the youngest of the four brothers.

It's a second chance at love sorry between Simone and Loch. When they were younger Simone had a major crush on Loch and as a young teen didn't fit the mound of the popular girl who Loch wanted to be with so in a fit of peak at being called out after he ignored her he humiliated and crushed her little heart in to pieces. They had been friends since they were babies and she didn't think that she could ever
  • Worth The Fight (Hard To Love, #1)
  • Letting Go (Awakenings, #1)
  • Everything I Have (Everything I Want #3)
  • Faster Dirtier (Take Me..., #5)
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • Wished for You (The Blogger Diaries #1)
  • Xavier (Men of Steel, #4)
  • Victory Run 1 (The Story of Victory Payne, #1)
  • In The Dark
  • Seducing the Girl Next Door (Bencher Family, #3.5)
  • Safe In His Arms
  • Misguided (Death Dwellers MC, #4)
  • Aces MC Series Complete Box Set (The Aces, #1-4)
  • The Filthy Few (Iron Disciples MC #1)
  • From the Wreckage
  • High
  • Strip Teaser (Naked Nights, #1)
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
USA Today Best Selling author Harper Bentley writes about hot alpha males who love hard. She's taught high school English for 24 years, and although she’s managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as
More about Harper Bentley...

The Powers That Be (4 books)
  • Gable (The Powers That Be, #1)
  • Zeke (The Powers That Be, #2)
  • Ryker (The Powers That Be, #4)