Start by marking “Loch (The Powers That Be, #3)” as Want to Read:
Loch (The Powers That Be, #3)

Loch

(The Powers That Be #3)

Loch Powers was the hottest guy I’d ever seen in my entire life.

And I hated him with every fiber of my being.

I'd practically known him since birth. Heck, we’d literally shared a crib as babies at his mom’s daycare.

Then I’d crushed on him hard when we hit middle school but he wouldn’t give geeky, glasses-wearing me the time of day. When h
Published September 30th 2015 (first published September 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Loch, please sign up.

Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it

Not liking either one of them. Simone was so wishy washy and whiny. Then we got Loch who was so sweet one minute and then a total jerk the next.
Rachel K
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
1.5 "I'm obviously in the minority" stars.

The whole "I hate you but you're so hot" thing Simone has going on with Loch pretty much throughout the whole book got tiresome fast. Didn't like either the hero or heroine and although I got to the end, I spent the majority of the book skimming and making sarcastic notes throughout it. Both of them come across as incredibly immature it was annoying! Maybe if Simone had some self-respect it would have been better. I enjoyed the first book in
✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Southern Belle Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

A story of first love. Forgiveness. Second Chances. && Lots and Lots of Sexual tension that will ignite and incinerate your panties.

I loved Loch!! Though, I wished that the character, Loch, himself, had more depth, character development, and more presence period. Quite frankly, I always just found him secondary and pushed to the back of what I felt he could have been. But that’s just me.

As for Simone St. John,
Emma H
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
No nope nope! I continued with this out of curiosity and i wish i never bothered. The authors writing is terrible the heroine sounds childish and Loch was just as bad. The storyline is based around a revenge plot over something that happened when they were kids so it automatically screamed childish to me. Dont waste your money on this one
Kim
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Simone St. John has returned to her hometown of Seattle...the scene of intense mortification in sixth grade by her teen crush Lochlan Powers. He used to be her childhood friend, but for years she has hated what he did to her and in turn hated even the idea of him.

And as they now both attend Hallervan College, she finds that the cocky jerk from middle school is now a way-too-hot, charismatic, flirty man.

Loch seems sweet, attentive, fun, and is completely desirable and flir
Amanda
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh you got to love those powers boys!

Yep, yet another great book that Harper has written. Still love MY Gable the most (Yeh you heard that right, he is mine) but those other powers boys are inching into my heart with each book.
Loch and Simones story is just that. It doesn't have Zekes or Gables 'next' part of their story in it so its just Lochs!
I'm not a reviewer who goes on and blah blah blahs about every little thing in the book. I'm just me, a reader who loved this book. Loved it so muc
Nance
3.5 star rating

Review to be written soon...
Nadine
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
1.5 actually...
shallow characters, bad plot and the writing was even worse
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the last book in this series!!
Jessica
Feb 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
This author doesn't seem to be a hit with me. It's always the self-righteous, cocky guys and pathetic girls who don't know how to stand up for themselves. I don't understand why Simone went along with that childish revenge scheme in the first place when that was nothing like her personality. She was traumatized and shy, she didn't have it in her to do something like that. Simone was mature on her own, but easily influenced by people around her. She needs better friends and more support.

Loch, I
Karen
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Immature at times and it had promise when Loch was so sweet in the early stages at college.
Anne
Jan 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: such-bull

I’m not even going to complain on the lack of edits this time. Apparently they have been done and new versions are up (so I’m told) but not on Amazon. How you can publish an unfinished product (because that’s what a first(?) draft is) is just incomprehensible to me. You’re asking for money for something that’s not whole. It’s like trying to sell a broken TV.
And people wonder why a lot of readers avoid self-published books.

The couple is the worst I have ever read. She’s immature
Caroline F
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
“I was too young to know how to love her”

Loch and Simone were childhood friends who drifted apart as they got older. He became cooler and she became nerdier. When they were 12, Loch completed humiliated Simone. Her family moved away shortly after but the trauma affected her for many years to come. Simone loved him as a child and ended up hating him.

All grown up, Simone is back in town to attend college. Loch comes on to her on her first day, not realising who she is. His
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
I mean really, what can I say about Harper Bentley that I have not already said. I sing her praises daily!

Loch is book 3 in her Powers That Be series, and if you have yet to read Gable and Zeke, I suggest you do although this book is a stand alone.

Loch is the youngest of 4 brothers, so we have one brother left and I for one, cannot wait for Ryker's story.

What I liked about this book, is the story. It's a story of second chance love between Loch and Simone. Loch, as a you
Emily
Simone St. John has returned to Seattle, it has been years since she has been back but she wants the chance to have a typically college life as well as be with her best friend who she has missed. The one thing she doesn't want is to run into Loch Powers. Loch had been a friend up until middle school when he acted unforgivably and Simone still has nightmares about it.

When Loch sees the new beauty on campus, he doesn't realize it is Simone. Simone takes her best friends advice about a
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, 5-star
SNS Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Kirsty's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Overly emotional. Simone that poor girl!! She was embarrassed by her childhood crush Loch and when she goes to the college when she's older she has a few classes with him. Not only do these two battle each other even tho they clearly have feelings they are so stubborn. Now Loch he is as stubborn as they come. He learned that Simone is the one who got away. THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! Really can not wait for the next book
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
I waffled back and forth between 3 and 4 stars. But, here is why I tipped towards 4:
1. I liked Simone. I thought she was relatable. And I love a female character who is going to college for something as bad ass as engineering. Smart, nerdy girls are the bomb!
2. I love that Loch had regrets. I think that is really powerful.
3. The story is pretty short and can be easily in one sitting. The plot moves along well and the characters are likable.
Overal, it was an enjoyable story. Did I love i
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
MUST READ 1 person POV story as much as I was really hoping this was going to be a 2 person POV just to be in Loch's head when he found out certain things ( yea see I'm not going to give any spoilers out) would have been amazing. full of hurt, lies, love and truths, this story wraps you up and spits you out once it's finished, as it does seem short once you get reading it, of course then you can't help but not put the story down for anything.

***I received this story for free in exchange for an
Aina Shukri
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let's see.. A spitting image of Ryker (not that I know how Ryker looks like) A jerk like Gable. Nonetheless a gentleman as Zeke. Well people, that's how our Power brothers exactly like.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
3.5 stars. Enjoyed this one better then the first, but not as much as the second. I felt that story could have been flushed out a bit more!
Nina
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was an alright book. I felt like I've read the same storyline a thousand times. Plus I'm not really into young(high school/uni) characters. Thus, the 2 stars. :)
Biate
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gable is still my all time favorite Powers brother, but Loch was not to bad. I really liked this book. A quick, happy and light read. Harper Bentley is a star!
Jamie Ramsey
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think these books are so easy to read no massive dramas like some books some people loved these books some don't but read for yourself and make a judgement :-)
Booklvr
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another AWESOME Powers Brothers book from Harper! So addicted to these men ♡
Charlotte
Mar 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Classic New Adult romance problem--writer doesn't seem interested in understanding men as people. Loch, that is, is a persona, not a person, and a straightforward stereotype ripped lazily from the alpha genre. A question that could be interesting--what drove Loch to be almost sociopathically cruel as a young person, and how did he come to see the light--gets no attention despite being one of two driving forces of the plot. The other driving force--the heroine's plan for vengeance that she never ...more
CeeJay Daisy
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
❤🌼🔥LOCH AND SIMONE.....AND NOW LOCH MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE POWERS ........MAYBE❤🌼🔥
How do you ever get over the boy who was your best friend from the crib until he totally humiliated you in the 7th grade??? Sometimes, since you’ve always been in love with him, you don’t get over him, and you want him to fall in love with you, and sometimes, you obsess, forever, about what he did, and you want revenge, and sometimes, you want both and the lines get blurred....Lochlan Powers doesn’t come off we
CeeJay Daisy
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stacy (Romance Reading Diva)
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lock me up with Loch!

I have read the first two books in this series & loved them, so I was excited to read this one. I was not disappointed! I loved being back in this world (you do not need to read the first two books, but I would recommend it because they set up the world & are good), & Harper’s writing kept me reading in one sitting until I finished. I loved Loch, because he is so sweet & sexy. Simone’s push/pull personality had me a little frustrated at times henc
Terri
I didn't really care for these two. I found Simone to be annoying and the connection wasn't really there. The story was mostly about Simone and how bad she felt about what she was doing or acting, but then acting the same at every scenario. And there was actually very little interactions between the couple except for 3 sexy times. When did they have a chance to get to know each other? This was not anywhere as good as the other two in the series. Hope Ryker is better.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Worth the Fight (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Juicy Rebound (IceCats, #1)
  • Letting Go (Awakenings Book 1)
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
  • Everything I Want
  • Teaching Professor Grayson
  • Wished for You (The Blogger Diaries, #1)
  • The Filthy Few (Iron Disciples MC #1)
  • Surrender to Me (Surrender, #1)
  • The Injustice of Being (Campus Cravings, #16)
  • From the Wreckage
  • Misguided (Death Dwellers MC, #4)
  • Aces MC Series Complete Box Set (The Aces, #1-4)
  • Xavier (Men of Steel, #4)
  • You've Been Touched (Touch, #3.5)
  • Disturbed (Disturbed, #1)
  • Strip Teaser (Naked Nights, #1)
  • Faster Dirtier (Take Me..., #5)
USA Today Best Selling author Harper Bentley writes about hot alpha males who love hard. She's taught high school English forever, and although she’s managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as a mi

The Powers That Be (6 books)
  • Gable (The Powers That Be, #1)
  • Zeke (The Powers That Be, #2)
  • Ryker (The Powers That Be, #4)
  • Drake (The Powers That Be, Book 5)
  • Zane (The Powers That Be, Book 6)