Start by marking “Bloodlines” as Want to Read:
Bloodlines

Bloodlines

(A Crown of Blood and Honour #2)

An epic tale of love, loss and revenge set amidst the turmoil of Scotland after Shakespeare’s Macbeth.

The rebellion is over, Scotland has its rightful king, and the battlefields lie still—for now. Fleance, son of Banquo, has brought a new dawn to Scotland, and in the process become a very different man from the lowly huntsman who rode north to save his country.

A generation
Published January 5th 2016 by Thomas & Mercer (first published September 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodlines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodlines

Start your review of Bloodlines
Susan Johnson
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I want to thank Net Galley for a copy of this book to review.

I wish I had read the blurb better before getting this book. It's number two in the series and although it can be read as a stand alone as I did, I really should have read the first book to get the full impact. I recommend any would be reader read the first book before reading this one. I was really in the dark about who had blood feuds against who and although I picked it up, it seems like it diminished my enjoyment.

It's set in
English
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This second installment continues the story of Fleance, the son of Banquo, a minor character from Shakespeare's MacBeth.

Fleance is now King and is set to marry, but still has to deal with rebellions, and struggle with his feelings for his former love, Rosie. I felt both he and Rachel, his betrothed, grew as characters in this story. Rachel becomes a lot more independent and self-reliant, for reasons readers will soon understand.

Overall its a nice, pleasant story. I understand its aimed at
mr w donaldson
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Another great book from the author enjoying these books looking forward to reading the next book in the series recommended
Jessica
I loved this book! Roxborough wove fiction into history with such skill and detail that it truly made me feel like I was there. The characters and situations were very detailed- complex- and truly showed some great character depth. It was refreshing to finally see some characters with their own emotions, thoughts, and personalities. I didn't read the first of the series, which I didn't really feel like was an issue, but I think reading it in order would have enhanced my enjoyment even more

**I
Debbi
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Debbi by: Netgalley
(Thank you NetGalley for an early release copy)
Bloodline's picks up where "Banquo's Son" left off. Fleance is now King of Scotland, his friend Duncan having been knocked off in book 1 by by a crossbolt meant for Fleance. (If you haven't yet read "Banquo's Son", you need to stop reading this review and read that book first!).

Fleance wants to be a good king, and in a move very unusual for his time, Fleance reaches out to his subjects to hear their complaints and actually helps them. But there are
BernM
I loved this book - read it even faster than the first one, as it was very hard to put down. I liked the different viewpoints and the complex characters of Fleance, Rachel and Rosie, and the other characters surrounding them. Is it right to choose honour and duty over love? What does honour involve? When should mercy be shown? Difficult questions are raised and worked through in a comprehensive and through-provoking way.

I was never sure who Fleance would end up marrying, as both women are
Kate
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
In 11th century Scotland, rulers were mostly determined by bloodlines, that is, unless they were wiped out. It was a time when people listened to witches’ prophesies, and one such prophesy stated that Fleance, son of Banquo, would become king one day. That day comes sooner than expected, when King Duncan dies from battle injuries.
Fleance is an honorable man but not of royal blood. He believes in duty and responsibility and living in accordance with the teachings of his deceased father. Most of
Sinead
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to be given a copy of this through Netgalley for an impartial review.

Being the second in the series, I was a little bit nervous that this could not be as good as the first (purchased due to this being given to me). Though slightly disappointed at some points, the storyline kept me engrossed throughout. The characters have taken on a life of their own in my head and I cannot help but hope that this series will be taken through to another book - I am sure that the action and
Melissa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crown of Blood and Honor book 2

More Scottish politics, complicated friendships, romantic and wishful relationships, Vikings being rude and the witches are back. Overall, an enjoyable read.
Amanda Almeida
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending left me a little blah. I felt it was very anti-climatic and didn’t fully wrap things up. But I still enjoyed the premise of the tale.
Magic
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great follow-up to the first book! I really enjoyed the plot twists and turns
MsONeal
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first, but I'm annoyed with the cliffhanger.
Lorraine Baker
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical

A generation has passed since Macbeth, but still there are evil forces at work across the land. Civil war is imminent, and there are traitors at the castle gates. The witches who foresaw Fleance’s rise to power are watching and scheming
Melisende
This is an alternate historical fiction series set in Scotland in 11th century. Unfamiliar readers will need to read the first in the series (unlike myself - though I am familiar background to this particular setting).

It is the tale of Macbeth, Banquo, and the prophesy of the three witches: "thou shalt get kings, thou thou be none".

So following the death of his father Banquo (Book 1), Fleance is exiled in England, vowing revenge. Following the deaths of both Duncan and Macbeth, Fleance becomes
Emma
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this before I knew it was part of a series and not the first! That did not matter to me however and I did not put this book down until I was finished it. You know you are reading a good book when loved one's questions to you are answered with a frustrated "Just a minuet! I am reading!". I will be looking for the others in the series and reading them also.
Dawn Kerry
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting read. It was nice to find out what happened to Flea, Rosie & Rachel. But more of a romance rather than a historical novel. The first book was far more gripping.
Lesley Williams
Apr 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Sorry, but I couldn't get into this book at all. Sorry again. Perhaps my head wasn't in the right place for this genre. Will try again in the future.
Lamar
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very good book that I have enjoyed it so much!
Jennie Campbell
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic

Very well written. Hopeful that a further book is in the works... Really want to find out the rest of their stories
Joanne Hetherington
Victoria Teasdale
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Other Daughter
  • The Fifth Knight (The Fifth Knight, #1)
  • Defender of Rome: A Tale of the Ancient Republic
  • The Furies of Rome (Vespasian, #7)
  • Way of the Sword
  • Jack Forge, Fleet Marine Boxed Set (Books 1 - 9)
  • Shadow's Edge (Kyn Kronicles, #1)
  • No Crones About It (A Spell's Angels Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Bury Your Past (Hidden Norfolk Murder Mystery #2)
  • The Moonraker Mutiny
  • Sergeant Tom 6: War in the Apennines
  • Viper's Blood (Master of War #4)
  • Triumph in Dust (Twilight of Empire #6)
  • The Choice of Magic (Art of the Adept, #1)
  • Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us
  • Sergeant Tom & The Battle Of Crete
  • Phoebe Harkness Omnibus (Pheobe Harkness, #1-3)
  • Lord Edward's Archer (Lord Edward's Archer, #1)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Tania Roxborogh.

T. K. Roxborogh lives in New Zealand and has been a teacher since 1989. She is the author of over twenty-five published works across a range of genres: novels, plays for the classroom, Shakespearean texts, English grammar books and adult non-fiction. She teaches English at a secondary school, writes and reads at every opportunity and,

A Crown of Blood and Honour (3 books)
  • Banquo's Son