Start by marking “The Magic Mines of Asharim (Brightmoon, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Magic Mines of Asharim (Brightmoon, #4)

The Magic Mines of Asharim

(Brightmoon #4)

A fallen empire. A woman with dark secrets. A strange magical weapon.

The glorious Akk’asharan Empire was torn apart by treachery two hundred years ago, its water supply cut off. Now its people are enslaved and humiliated, but they have never forgotten the past, and dream of one day restoring their former greatness.

Allandra's dreams are more immediate: how to control the
Published September 25th 2015 by Sutors Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Mines of Asharim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Mines of Asharim

J.R.
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, indie
I was lucky enough to read this as an ARC. This story was kind of an ode to unrequited love. The characters were carefully drawn, diverse, and complex. Ross has a knack for writing characters that you come to know so well that you will miss them when you finish reading their stories.

Allandra is smart, hot-headed, and nothing if not practical. She suffers incredible hardship, but walks away in tact. She's a survivor. She's also remarkably well read, and there were several times where I couldn't h
Stephanie
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had received an ARC of this book from the author. For the record I made loud squeeing noises when that happened.

This is a great book. it falls into postapocalyptic fantasy like all of the Brightmoon series which by itself is a fairly unique genre.
Things I love about this book:
The story. I know I won't get an info dumping which means I may be confused for a while but will get everything explained as time goes on. Allandra is fleeing her past, but turns that into first revenge and then something
Andrea Luhman
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I give this book four out of five stars for it’s witty and flawed heroine, the authors talent in creating a foreign yet relatable world, and lovely new creatures who are more than just part of the setting.

Things I liked about the book:
1) The magic and fantastical creatures, especially the flickers. They played an important role in the story and they added a great deal to the setting. I liked how the heroine came into some of her magic abilities during the course of the book and it was a natural
Linda Nelson
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series

I love this series as each book is a new story, with old friends appearing frequently. Each book has been my favorite while reading it! They are great stories with everything a good fantasy story should have.
Julia Stephanie
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was fascinating. I love how each book slowly provides a larger insight to the whole world and to magic. I only wish they had gone more in depth with the flickers and their abilities and maybe even the whole process of the Hurk warriors would have been cool as I feel that they kind of hinted to it.
Kyra Halland
Another stand-alone installment in the Brightmoon Annals. The Magic Mines of Asharim follows Allandra, on the run after a terrible, tragic magical accident, as she takes refuge as a worker at the mine at Asharim, where instead of ore, the product being mined is magic. Then her fate catches up with her again; on the run once more, she finds herself with the opportunity and power to restore an Empire.

As with all of Ms. Ross's books, Magic Mines is filled with fascinating world-building, well-round
Jeanne Abbott
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such many twists and turns

Secrets are revealed when Allsndra becomes a thrower and has to escape the mines to be trained. And her desire to restore the empire has a glimmer of hope.
Megan
Emma
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
3.5*

I will forgive a book a lot if it leaves me feeling satisfied at the end. Inversely if the ending annoys me then I find fault with the whole thing. I found this with rock which I perhaps should forgive because after some time has passed I mostly remember the wonderful parts. and maybe after time I will be less annoyed with The Magic Mines of Asharim. But right now I'm still bothered that despite so much to like the ending left me cold.

This 4th book of the Brightmoon series is pretty much sta
Cat
Jan 23, 2018
Wanda Atkins
Apr 13, 2017
Carole Williams
Jul 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Necromancer Awakening (The Mukhtaar Chronicles #1)
  • To Whatever End (Echoes of Imara, #1)
  • Voice of the Lost (Medair, #2)
  • The Rostikov Legacy (Malykant Mysteries, #1)
  • A Story of River
  • From a Far Land (Jaben's Rift, #1)
  • Seeking a Scribe (Enchanted Bookstore Legend #1)
  • The Healers' Road (The Balance Academy, #1)
  • Seventh Night
  • The Cost of Haven (Great Cities, #1)
  • Dream of a Vast Blue Cavern (Dreams of QaiMaj #1)
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • The Hand of Andulain
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • Six Celestial Swords
  • Watersmeet (Twelve Baronies #1)
  • The Duchess of the Shallows (The Grey City #1)
  • The Light of Kerrindryr (The War of Memory Cycle, #1)
I live in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland with my husband. I like chocolate, whisky, my Kindle, massed pipe bands, long leisurely lunches, chocolate, going places in my campervan, eating pizza in Italy, summer nights that never get dark, wood fires in winter, chocolate, the view from the study window looking out over the Moray Firth and the Black Isle to the mountains beyond. And chocolate. I ...more

Brightmoon (9 books)
  • The Plains of Kallanash (Brightmoon, #1)
  • The Fire Mages (Brightmoon, #2)
  • The Mages of Bennamore (Brightmoon, #3)
  • The Fire Mages’ Daughter (Brightmoon, #5)
  • The Dragon’s Egg (Brightmoon, #6)
  • The Second God (Brightmoon, #7)
  • Findo Gask's Apprentice (Brightmoon, #8)
  • The Dragon Caller (Brightmoon, #9)