Start by marking “With This Ring?: A Novella Collection of Proposals Gone Awry” as Want to Read:
With This Ring?: A Novella Collection of Proposals Gone Awry

With This Ring?: A Novella Collection of Proposals Gone Awry

(Ozark Mountain Romance #2.5)

Sometimes Love is Found in the Most Unexpected Places!

Love isn't always a fairy tale, and it doesn't always go as planned. Sometimes the best stories, though, are the ones that are the most unexpected. Join Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, and Melissa Jagears for novellas that celebrate the power of love to triumph . . . even when circumstances go awry!

T
Published January 5th 2016 by Bethany House

To ask other readers questions about With This Ring?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With This Ring?

Aerykah
Witemeyer, Jennings, Connealy, & Jagears.
When I saw those four names on the cover of a novella collection, I knew I was in for a great time! And I wasn't disappointed! :D

As I thought over what words I could use to describe this collection, these came to mind: light, witty, spunky, funny... thoroughly enjoyable!

These novellas are quick, fun reads that just fly by! Yet, they don't feel overly rushed like some novellas do. I really enjoyed reading about some characters who I recognized from oth
Alyssa
Finally got to read With This Ring and it was exactly how I envisioned it. Filled with romance and hilarity.
Rachel McMillan
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just to be clear ladies, if a man compares you to a spirited filly then find another man.

Other than that poor comparative choice in the first novella, I was impressed by what the four seasoned and bestselling authors did in such short spans of time: developing character, motive, humour, warmth and--of course-- the promised proposals (often quite quick and funny), with descriptive aplomb and inventive wordplay.

Historical Western Romance is not usually my go-to genre but I can easily recommend th
Melissa
Aug 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I won't rate the book or talk about my own story, but I thought I'd tell you about my favorite things about the other 3 stories in this collection:

Karen's story, The Husband Maneuver, has a fun dime novel excerpt at the beginning of each chapter that is used very creatively at the end.

Regina's story, Her Dearly Unintended, shows you exactly what strange and unexpected things can happen when the Lord let's that creek rise!

Mary's story, Runaway Bride, interlaces an extended epilogue for some of he
Brittany
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although I love full-length novels, I must admit that I am also a fan of novellas. Sometimes it is so nice to read a shorter story, especially when it is well-written and feels complete. That is exactly what this collection contains. Each of these novellas was very nicely crafted, presenting stories that made me feel that I had peeked into the characters’ lives and gotten to enjoy their special moments. All four of the stories contained interesting situations, detailed characters, and a satisfyi ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, every story was awesome! Love Witemeyer and Connealy already but hadn't read anything by Melissa Jaegers. I'm a huge fan now!
Amber Stokes
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amber-s-kindle
This novella collection will make you LOL with the cute and ridiculous situations these couples find themselves in! These stories are a lot of fun, and I especially enjoyed the first two.

The Husband Maneuever by Karen Witemeyer: 5 stars and pure Western romance bliss! Such a cute story about true romantic heroes, cleverly told by the talented Karen Witemeyer. I enjoyed the fiction-within-fiction excerpts from the dime novel Dead-Eye Dan and the Outlaws of Devil's Canyon, which start out each cha
Melanie
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
A cute novella collection! I enjoyed them all, but some did seem a bit too short (possibly because I just wanted the story to continue ;)).

I think my favorite novella was Regina Jennings' -- I absolutely loved it!! The last one was also very cute.

All in all, I do recommend this book if you like historical romance with some humor.

Side note: my NetGalley copy had some glitches where pages would disappear and then later appear, so it was somewhat tough to read and did hamper my enjoyment to some d
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I absolutely loved all these stories! They were each so interesting and unique with the angle of the plot, and all the stories have vibrant characters and settings. We get to revisit great characters from other books by Karen Witemeyer and Mary Connealy, but they are perfect as stand alone stories too. There is a fantastic element of humor throughout which kept me smiling as I read the predicaments the couples found themselves in. And the romance? So wonderful! I enjoyed all the novellas equally ...more
Emilee
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
I loved this collection of novellas! I think this genre is probably my all time favorite. I was so pleased that each and everyone of these stories were entertaining, charming and sweet! I had read all of these authors previously. I don't think I could choose a favorite, they were all great and I was sad for this book to end. But I will definitely be looking for more by these authors.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Four top historical romance novelists team up in this new collection to offer stories of love and romance with a twist of humor.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“The Husband Maneuver” by Karen Witemeyer

About this novella:

“Marietta Hawkins has been in love with ranch foreman Daniel Barrett since she came home from school three years ago. Unfortunately, her father's rule about hands not fraternizing with his daughter has kept him out of reach.
Hannah
Excuse me while I gush a bit. I thought this was going to be four novellas from some of my favorite authors. I had no clue that each story is connected to other series/books that I loved! It's officially my second five-star rating of the year.

Karen Witemeyer's comes first. For those of you who loved her latest, "A Worthy Pursuit," this is the tale of "Dead-Eye Dan" Daniel Barrett of one-time dime-novel notoriety and his boss's daughter Marietta. She is thoroughly smitten with him and is certain
Courtney Clark
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just need a lighter story with a guaranteed happy ending. This collection offers 4 such ones, with the added bonus of western comedy.

The Husband Maneuver by Karen Witemeyer

This story was such fun! It’s been a while since I’ve ready anything by Karen, so this was a pleasant reminder of her humorous and skillful style. I liked that the main characters already had a history together. Daniel had his reason for not acting on his feelings for Etta, and once it was revealed, you would ag
Beth Erin
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own-print
Great collection! These authors each present an engaging novella with humor, romance, adventure, and faith. Each story is part of a larger series which you won't be able to resist checking out but they can also be read as standalones. Whether you've never heard of these authors or they are some of your favorites, this book is an enjoyable read and I'm happy to have it on my shelf for an entertaining pick-me-up anytime!

I won this book in a giveaway. The opinions expressed are my own.
Michele Benchouk
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these authors, and the way they tie these novellas into previous storylines from other novels was wonderful. Couldn't put this one down.
Sara Cardon
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Some of my favorite authors. This was so fun! My favorites are Her Dearly Unintended, about Katie Ellen and Josiah ("It was that Josiah Huckabee interfering with her business again") after the bridge washes out they pretend to be newlyweds when a scary stranger shows up at her home. Also Runaway Bride with a Texas Ranger helping his friend's sister's sister-in-law's sister Carrie.
Kathryn Cooper
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book back in the summer when I lived in Waco. I moved before I could finish reading the 4th novella. My new library didn't have it, and I waited a few months to buy it. Anyway, long story. I loved it! I will be searching to read more books by these 4 authors. Sweet clean adult romance is my current favorite type of book to read.
Noela
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unpredictable Plans precede Unexpected Proposals!

Life and love can be vastly unpredictable which can add plenty of intrigue and sparks. This is exactly what transpires in these four novellas of love and proposals emerging from unforeseen circumstances!

The Husband Maneuver by Karen Witemeyer
What’s a gal to do when for far too long she’s pined after the foreman of her daddy’s ranch, while her continuous attempts to demonstrate what a great little wife she’d make—goes completely unnoticed? Well whe
Andrea
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found a WONDERFUL gift in my mailbox. Thank you BHP and Melissa Jagears for this book! I squealed with so much delight and excitement when I opened the package, my husband made fun of me. I quickly sat down to begin reading, food and unpacking had to wait. As I read I knew that some of the characters were from other novels by these great authors but I found each story to be complete on it's own, nothing was missing. I honestly love each novella. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves Old ...more
Kristine Morgan
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I do not usually read novellas, but I cold not pass up this collection. I love all four of these authors and will read just about anything they write. Karen Witemeyer's The Husband Maneuver offers the entertaining story of a young woman who is in love with her father's ranch foreman. She secretly reads pulp fiction about his former life as a bounty hunter. Witemeyer does a good job of mixing the pulp fiction and the 'courtship' of Dangerous Dan and Etta. I found myself wanting to shout 'Just kis ...more
Savanna Kaiser
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked up this novella collection with high expectations. I've read all of these authors before and love their styles and stories. With This Ring did not disappoint. It was just as entertaining and romantic as I had hoped it would be.

Each individual novella read so sweet and smoothly, with some surprises thrown in. The heroes and heroines were all fun and unique. As the reader, I enjoyed stepping into these pioneer days and watching these western folks figure out how to make love work.

The cha
Melissa
Fun Historical Read!

This collection of four novellas from four of the best historical Christian fiction authors is not to be missed! All four stories have wonderful story lines, great characters and lots of laugh out loud moments. If you are looking for something fun to read and enjoy, look no further!
Kate (The Shelf Life)
Full Review to follow.
Jen.
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The Husband Maneuver by Karen Witemeyer - Cute. Enjoyed the "Dead-Eye Dan" story within a story. Liked seeing the guy mooning over the girl for a change. Epilogue especially charming! Three Stars.

Her Dearly Unintended by Regina Jennings - My favorite of the novellas! Loved the "newlywed" bickering. Several laugh out loud moments! Four Stars.

Runaway Bride by Mary Connealy - Great Wild West setting and action. Three Stars.

Engaging the Competition by Melissa Jagears - Good contrast between C
Alicia
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance, historical
i grabbed this collection because the first story was a RWA RITA Nominee. It was cute enough and was the best in the collection.. There is almost always a lot of variation in short story collections as there is in this one.
Shanda
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Would have been two stars but I enjoyed Karen Witemeyer's story, the first novella of the book, so I gave it another star. The second and fourth stories were okay. The third story I skimmed because I just couldn't get into it.
Yvette - Bookworlder
As you might expect from the title of this collection, there are (at least) four proposals, some misunderstandings, unexpected developments, and humorous situations to be found in the pages of these four novellas:

The Husband Maneuver by Karen Witemeyer

Etta has loved Dan for years. When she hears he is leaving her father's ranch she uses the dime novels he hates (the hero is based on him) as inspiration and hatches a plan to get him to propose, risking her reputation in the process. Of course, no
Just Commonly
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can go wrong?! Apparently a lot - for the characters! I love this novella collection. I mean, how could you not? Just look at the list of authors! OK, fangirl-ing aside, each story brings out the spunk that these authors are known for in their books.

In The Husband Manuever, there's basically a story within a story, starting off from the ever popular dime novels back in the day. Also present in Karen's most recent novel, A Worthy Pursuit, which really is worthy of pursuit (click on the title
Halita Wilson
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With This Ring?
I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest review:

From the back cover:

The Husband Maneuver When ranch foreman Daniel Barrett
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Giveaway 1 3 Jan 25, 2016 12:21PM

• For the Record (Ozark Mountain Romance #3)
  • A Bride in Store (Unexpected Brides, #2)
  • Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart, #3)
  • Four Weddings and a Kiss
  • Playing the Part (A Class of Their Own, #3)
  • Honor Redeemed (Keys of Promise, #2)
  • Saffire
  • A Kiss for Cade (The Western Sky Series, #2)
  • A Bride for a Bit
For those who love to smile as they read, bestselling author Karen Witemeyer offers warmhearted historical romance with a flair for humor, feisty heroines, and swoon-worthy Texas heroes. A transplant from California, Karen came to Texas for college, met a cowboy disguised as a computer nerd, married him, and never left the state that had become home.

Winner of the National Reader's Choice Award, H

Ozark Mountain Romance (3 books)
  • A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance, #1)
  • At Love's Bidding (Ozark Mountain Romance, #2)
  • For the Record (Ozark Mountain Romance #3)