Start by marking “Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)

Rhapsodic

(The Bargainer #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  20,386 ratings  ·  1,953 reviews
Callypso Lillis is a siren with a very big problem, one that stretches up her arm and far into her past. For the last seven years she’s been collecting a bracelet of black beads up her wrist, magical IOUs for favors she’s received. Only death or repayment will fulfill the obligations. Only then will the beads disappear.

Everyone knows that if you need a favor, you go to the
Published November 15th 2016 by Lavabrook Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Rhapsodic, please sign up.
Laura Thalassa Story time! Way back in 2014, Rhapsodic was originally called Moonlight Rhapsody, and it was intended to be a story included in the Moonlight Cravings…moreStory time! Way back in 2014, Rhapsodic was originally called Moonlight Rhapsody, and it was intended to be a story included in the Moonlight Cravings anthology. The anthology never happened, but I still wanted to write the book. I decided to shorten the title to Rhapsodic so that readers who'd been interested in reading it up until then wouldn't get confused.

As to why "Rhapsodic", the simple answer is that a siren's power--Callie's power--is to draw people in with her voice, a voice that's both musical and hypnotically lovely. It also came to represent to me the process of Callie finding her voice over the course of the book. :)(less)

·  20,386 ratings  ·  1,953 reviews

Candace
This was one of those stories that takes you by surprise. I had never heard of this author and wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did. I had already braced myself for disappointment. Was I ever wrong! This book ended up being great!

The first book in 'The Bargainer' series, 'Rhapsodic' was a terrific love story. It had plenty of romance and angst, as well as danger and adventure. It was sweet, without being overly cheesy and had just enough tension to keep me on the edge of my seat.

C
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
“‘Bargainer, I would like to make a deal.’”
FAST FORWARD SEVEN YEARS
“I know why he’s here. This is it, the moment I’ve been waiting seven years for.
I exhale. “You’re finally here to collect.”

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AN AMAZING START!!!
descriptiondescription

We go from past teenage Calie~trying to survive AFTER MURDERING HER STEP DAD to present Callie~ badass detective who basically owes her life to the Bargainer)

The Bargainer aka Des is a legend within the supernatural world. Speak his name and you can bargain for what
Jennifer Kyle
5 STARS

description

I haven’t read a whole lot of paranormal romances this year but this one was really well done and the romance aspect of the story was simply delicious!

description

The story is told in a past to present scenario as a young Callypso Lillis, a siren, living in our world calls on the Bargainer, the Lord of the Night for his help. Each time she calls on him or asks for his help she acquires another bead on her IOU bracelet. In the present, the Bargainer/Desmond Flynn has appeared after not seeing Callie
Laura Thalassa
Jun 29, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Happy reading! <3
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Irina Humphrey
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
My breath catches in my throat as my gaze meets his. The way he looks at me, the way his thumb is rubbing circles into the soft skin of my hand... I know why he's here. On some level, I knew it since I first caught sight of him on my bed. This is it, the moment I've been waiting seven years for. I exhale. "You're finally here to collect."

description

It's ironic that I found this a breath of fresh air when it's basically ACOTAR fan fiction, but for some reason this really worked for me. It was an easy, breez
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

“People like us are not victims. We’re someone’s nightmare.”

Rhapsodic is the tale of Callie the Siren, present day bounty hunter with a past that’s always tied to her. When she was a teenager, she needed help and called upon The Bargainer to help her clean up her mess. Lost and alone, she kept calling him back for more and more favors until her wrist was wrapped in the hundreds of favors she owed him. Until one day, he left her and she didn’t see him again.

Now, seven years later he
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

“And mountains may rise and fall,
and the sun might wither away,
and the sea claim the land and swallow the sky.
But you will always be mine.
And the stars might fall from the heavens,
and night might cloak the earth,
but until darkness dies, I will always be yours.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ever had a problem you needed a solution for?
Yes? Well, the Bargainer is the perfect guy for you. He’ll find a solution and solve your problem. But such things always come with a cost, a price you need to pay.
Seven yea
Cait • A Page with a View
Oh dear. I cannot finish this. But I am extremely confident in this 1 star rating...

I was told this was similar to ACOMAF because there are fae and the MC makes a bargain with the high lord of the night court figure. Buuuut the writing, plot, characters, and everything about it were so beyond cringeworthy that I just had to stop. I would pull out select examples or highlight some element to support this, except it's just... EVERYTHING.

I don't mean to be rude about it because I know several peop
Cheryl La Pa
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fae, fantasy, 2017-aug
Rhapsodic was an addictive, mesmorising read for me. I love a good fae story and it did not disappoint.
Callie calls the Bargainer when she needs him to clean up after a murder, which leaves her owing him a debt. From then on, a friendship of sorts develop, with Callie traumatised and alone, seeking out the Bargainer's company to fill the lonely void in her life.
I was intrigued by the Bargainer and just as keen to know his secrets as Callie was. It is written with a dual timeline and I found it
Jacqueline's Reads
4.5 Raptured Stars

I was looking for a fantasy book and I was seduced by cover and reviews. A lot of people liked this one and so I dove in.

This is the thing I love about Kindle Unlimited, I try so many new authors.

Rhapsodic is part of The Bargainer series, but it kind of reads as a standalone (at least in my opinion). The thing that I really liked about this book was the writing style. It flowed nicely, there was never a dull moment and I was really into the storyline.

I also found some oh cute
Whitney Atkinson
I picked this book up because I saw a lot of people on Twitter talking about it, and I generally enjoy books that the twitter community likes, especially the hidden gems. This book is another fae book, and idk if people consider it an insult to compare it to ACOMAF, but the two are pretty similar.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I'm not mad that I read it. However, it's just not great. The storyline is solid and I feel like there was so much potential if this were written by a different person or
• Lindsey Dahling •
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
How I happened upon this book:

Me: *obsessing over finishing The Wicked King in less than 24 hours and nearly passing away because I know I have to wait a year for the next one*
Friend: “I need you to read this book. It has a fantasy world AND a modern world, kind of like that Cruel Prince book you told me about.”
Me: “No. I can’t go on. I’m not ready for anything new. I have to mourn.”
Friend: “Okay, well just let me know when you’re ready. This one is a lot like ACOTAR. In fact, it’s kind of exact
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
HENRY CAVILL AS DESMOND, THE BARGAINER

SAFE READ RECOMMENDATION
SAFE READ RECOMMENDATION
SAFE READ RECOMMENDATION I don't know about the sequels but this one is safe of OW AND I haven't found anything that suggests OW in sequels, I'll keep looking
Thank you everyone who recommended this book to me and my dear Shari for the safety info. I would've never given this book a chance without the feedback of my trusted friends.

Update and Review 02-24-2019
I wrote a longer review to recommend this brilliant
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Not really my thing. Going to leave off a rating.

I'm really just not a fan of urban fantasy, but much less so for this one. The world building was totally brushed over. The concept was there, but I didn't feel grounded in the world. I needed more. And the writing style? Aghghg yack. Not for me.

Before I forget - Trigger warning for sexual abuse (it isn't described in detail, but it happened to the heroine.)

Now for the big question - was this like ACOMAF?

Scarily, yes, but not in a good way. Very
Alaina
"Bargainer, I would like to make a deal."

OH MY FREAKING GOD! YYYAAAASSSSS - I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK!

Rhapsodie does a great job at switching from the past to the present throughout the book and within each chapter or so. The MC, Callie, was freaking amazing and so likable. Of course the prologue get's you hooked instantly because you're sitting there and wondering who the hell just died and why did she feel the need to kill him?!?

Okay, it might've just been me but trust me.. I ate thi
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo rhapsodic blog banner_zpsfhlrmekd.jpg
 photo 533b26f53c57a945690d3e24c2317b05_zps1tj9xthj.png
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟STARS
Oh, My Giddy Aunt!!! I bloody loved this book, This was soooo good Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1) by Laura Thalassa was a delight to behold and has been on my TBR pile for a while, well it was well worth the anticipated wait let me tell you.
Begging the question why did I leave this so long to pick up and read, god bloody knows.
This is actually not my first Laura Thalassa book, I have previously read and loved The Fallen World Trilogy but I had forgotten just how gripping her books are
Stacey is Sassy
I think I heard the Siren's song...

It's only my second story by Laura Thalassa, but I think I'm in love. With her words...not her...that sounds weird but BOOK NERDS UNITE...it's author love, not stalker love. OK, that's probably a bit of a dodgy start to a review. It's Saturday night, hubby bought me a bottle of champers to celebrate Harry and Meggsies wedding, so I'm FLYING!!

The wedding stuff hasn't started yet and I'm one glass down, and I finished this AWESOME story. Seriously, Laura Thalassa
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I'm a bit surprised, and not actually, that I ended up being hugely disappointed in this book. The story was mostly about Callypso Lillis (23-24?) and The Bargainer aka Desmond Flynn (how old is he?)'s relationship. The only action that actually happens is very small, if you look away their relationship. And frankly, when it's all about romance, I'm outy. Too much romance and I yawn and want to sleep.
I fall asleep like that, locked in the strong arms of Desmond Flynn, one of the scariest, most
 Simply Sam ツ
Maybe I'm getting old, but an immortal falling for a 16 y/o just seems squicky. I'm SO relieved that nothing really happened until she became an adult, otherwise I'd have totally different feelings for this book. Fortunately, the feelings I do have are definitely more positive than negative <3 RTC.
Penny
Actual Rating 3.5 stars

I didn't give this book 4 stars, because of the ending. It is too much damsel in distress and prince to the rescue for my taste. Callie is a strong woman. It would have been nice to see her acting as such when she was captured.

Despite that, the romance was nice and so Ill keep reading this series.
Kat Valentine
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful enchanting tale!!! So! Very well written,if I could this would get 10 stars!!! The storyline was fabulous and the characters were unforgettable!!! In the world of fae, night king Desmond Flynn is the stuff of nightmares and feared by all,but when he makes a bargain with callie a human who has just killed he stepfather who has sexually abused her for years Desmond knows that callie is more then she seems she's a siren who hasn't come into her powers yet. As the years pass callie ...more
Christa
I love this book. I just do. It makes me smile.

The cynical side of me recognizes that is can be a bit cheesy, but I love it anyway.

I love Callie. She’s vulnerable but strong. I love Desmond. He’s a tough fae with a soft spot for Callie.

There aren’t a lot of characters or world building in this book. It’s first a romance, then a fantasy. There is more world building and secondary characters in the second book and novella, but this one focuses on Desmond and Callie.

The format goes from ya to n
♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

this ... this right here is why i love fae-bad-boys-who-are-really-good-guys.

things i loved about this:
∞ the bargainer - aka desmond flynn
∞ the world building (which was present day amurica.) *cough*
∞ believeable back stories and flashbacks.
∞ the whole plot.
∞ the tension between our two MCs.
∞ the fact that callypso is a siren.
∞ the fact that her name is callypso.
∞ that this is better than freaking actoar.
∞ i feel like i'm cheating on rhys and azriel and cassian for desmon
Sabrina
Mar 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
😜🧡 Sirens!!
I’m here for the romance and for the sirens and yeah that’s about it.
I heard so many good things about this book!
enqi ☁️✨ [joon's]
i know everyone said this was acotar fanfiction and i can see the similarities? but it really isn't that similar to acotar as you might think. full review to come
Roobie
4 stars

"One day you'll have to pay all those back. Are you scared now?"

"I would be if you weren't wearing your hair in a girly little ponytail," I say, reaching for the ends of his white hair.

"It's not good manners to taunt a fairy. We have notoriously thin skin." Despite the threat, his eyes spark with excitement.

"I'm sorry," I say, "your ponytail is very masculine. I feel like I'm going to grow a beard just looking at it"

"Mouthy thing."

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa has been sleeping all pretty on my kindle for months and months.
I bought it when it was a bargain and after caving to peer pressure *shocking I know but I can be coerced*.

In the meantime I read other books and forgot about it. Until I read Pestilence my first Laura Thalassa. And now I wonder why I did not read Rhapsodic earlier!

Rhapsodic was not what I expected. I expected a stand alone and I got a series! It's not that Laura hid that fact but rather that I dove in b

• Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone, #2)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Walking in the Dark (Ollie Wit, #2)
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Puss in Boots (Timeless Fairy Tales, #6)
  • King Hall (Forever Evermore, #1)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Player
  • Game of Lies (Messenger Chronicles, #2)
  • Original Sin (Alexandra Jones, #2)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not wri

The Bargainer (3 books)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
“And the mountains may rise and fall, and the sun might wither away, and the sea may claim the land and swallow the sky. But you will always be mine. And the stars might fall from the heavens, and night might cloak the earth, but until darkness dies, I will always be yours.” 77 likes
“People like us are not victims. We’re someone’s nightmare.” 32 likes