Start by marking “Slide (Black Addiction, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slide (Black Addiction, #1)

Slide

(Black Addiction #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  772 ratings  ·  147 reviews
Touring with a huge rock band and landing a record contract means you’ve hit the big time, right? Sadly neither of those things gave Rusty Crawford, lead guitarist of the band Black Addiction, worldwide fame and fortune. Which was a shame because he had the lifestyle down to a fine art—without the clichéd stint in rehab. Even being back in the Bronx, paying his dues didn’t ...more
ebook
Published November 16th 2015 by T Gephart

To ask other readers questions about Slide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slide

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Slide (Black Addiction, #1)
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Quick review:

Cover: Pretty
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: SUPER HOT
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: LOL Funny!
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Down on her luck, she finds help
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Rusty

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
This author knows how to make me laugh. I swear I haven’t laughed this much in a book in a while. And I just love love love Rusty. He’s one of my favorites.

For a full review and yummy pic, see my blog post at:
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
On a scale of one to amazing...Amazing

When I got to the end of the Power Station series I sorta begged the author in my review to start a new series with Angie's band, cuz I was already in love with Rusty and wanted to spend more time with him. She had probably already started writing the Black Addiction series by then, and I'm positive I'm not the only fan who made that request. I was so thrilled when I found out about Slide. Too bad you missed out on my happy dance, it was awesome.

Black Addict
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

Alison Williams has spent her entire life trying to be nothing like her '80's hair-band following, groupie, mother. The mother who doesn't know who says she doesn't know who Alison's father is and is currently working a pole. Alison has an understated beauty she's completely unaware of.

description

"I can be neurotic and I overthink things. Sometimes I'm not great at communicating." ~ Alison

Rusty Crawford is the lead guitarist and song co-writer for the band Bl
Ivy Deluca
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Full review posted at http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2015/1...

description
The Good : Do you want a rocker who’s sexy, sweet pragmatic, understanding and completely into his girl? Then look no further than Rusty Crawford, guitarist for Black Addiction. He has it bad for Ali almost from the moment he sees her. I’ve never read T. Gephart’s books before, so I wasn’t aware that this is kind of an offshoot of the Power Station series. It didn’t affect my enjoyment really, since it’s not necessary to read those
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Rusty Crawford seemed like he had the world at his feet, touring with world wide rock sensation Power Station and his band Black Addiction securing a record contract things were looking like it was going to be nothing but smooth sailing, but his stardom didn't seem to launch him quite like he expected it would, but in true Rusty fashion he took it in his stride, soon enough the fame game would catch up and he'd be riding the wave to world wide rock domination.

Alison Williams hasn't had the best
Coco.V
May 08, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (5/8/2020)! 🎁 ...more
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

It was a sad day when the Power Station series ended, but now we have the spin-off Black Addiction series - woo hoo!!

If you have read the Power Station series, you will have briefly met Black Addiction, with their singer's connection to Power Station.

Now we get to learn about the rest of Black Addiction.

Rusty Crawford, lead guitarist for Black Addiction, seemingly has the world at his feet Sexy, career staring to skyrocket, women on tap (hey, it's a rock star b
Mazmum
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Review - Slide by Tina Gephart - 5 top drawer stars!

Slide was such a wonderful roller coaster of a read. When we meet Alison, she thinks her life is coming up roses. In a great job, with a great boyfriend, she’s a world away from where she started in life. But everything she’s worked so hard for is about to collapse spectacularly around her shoulders.

Rusty comes along in the form of a very unlikely, very hot knight in shining armour, giving her space to breathe and reassess her life.

I reall
Jill
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Anal Beads Stars!

I love reading a feel-good story that makes me laugh withy swoony guys. Rusty almost beat out Dan on the T Gephart list of men. :)
Book-Bosomed  blog
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Rusty Crawford is the guitarist from Black Addition, introduced in the previous Power Station book that featured lead singer Angie. Alison Williams is a down-on-her-luck gal who previously admired neighbor Rusty from a far but gets the chance to know him up close and personal. A series of events has Alison and Rusty becoming insta roomies and while the pair have as much in common as Felix and Oscar from The Odd Couple, they have a smoking hot apartment full of attraction.

“Like a sexual
Yelena Bosh
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I had such high hopes delving into this one. I was expected to love it without much effort.. You know those stories that you start reading and at the blink of an eye you wonder how you've finished it already? Sadly this wasn't 100% the case with Slide.

This is just my personal opinion, but despite falling for what the book was promising, I just could not connect with the story or the characters. I liked the premise in what the overall aspect of the book was about but from the beginning I just sim
Anne Dawson
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.5 stars hot and steamy stars

This was my first of Tina’s books and I have to say that I loved it and was hooked from the first few pages. Nothing about this book disappointed me in any way and if you are a lover of rock star books then you are going to love this.

Rusty is the hot and sexy lead guitarist of Black Addiction, an up and coming band who just finished touring with rock sensation Power Station. He has the world at his feet and is leading the true rock star life style with women throwin
Books Laid Bare
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Over the course of the last year I have become a complete T Gephart devotee, so when this the first book in a new series became available I was so excited and now I have finished it well, all I will say is that I have found it impossible to wipe the smile from my face.
Black Addition have just come off tour and Rusty has the whole rock star vibe perfected and as much as his ego is seriously at risk of disappearing into the stratosphere, I couldn’t help but like the guy or maybe that was my rock s
Stephanie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from T. Gephart! I loved the Power Station series and thankfully, the author decided to continue on with the story of Black Addiction, the band that was the front runner on the tour with Power Station. This story predominately features Rusty, the lead guitarist of Black Addiction.

We meet Alison, a wonderful, funny woman with occasional diarrhea of the mouth. She is dating Rob, Mr. Boring, for over two years. Her BFF tries to convince her to find someone else.

"Why you should
Kelly  O'Connor
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Tina's and have had the pleasure of reading all her books but hand on heart this is her best to date.
Slide tells the story of Rusty Crawford guitarist for Black Addiction. We first met Rusty in Back Stage he was Angie's best friend. Whilst reading Back Stage I was desperate for Rusty to get his own book I knew it would be a winner. Even though Rusty is rocking the rock n roll lifestyle his different yes he sleeps around but Rusty has a way with the woman that makes them happy w
M.R. Field
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc of Slide a few weeks ago. At the time, I was reading a lack luster novel and naturally, I started reading this straight away. Thank G I did. Or in this case, TG ;)

Alison and Rusty's story was both engaging and light, while their dynamic was hot as hell.

I'm a sucker for a Rock Star, but what I don't like is too much time spent on the stage or in the studio. I like to get to know the characters. T Gephart does that. She shows us who they are. Her rockers have me intrigued. Even
Khulood
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a good book.. Apparently it is a spin off from another series, didn't know that when I picked it up, still, it didn't affect anything.

The two main characters are Alison Williams, a down on her luck paralegal, and Rusty Crawford, the hot lead guitarist of the band Black Addiction.

Rusty is what you'd expect him to be. The almost perfect rocker guy with everything(and everyone) he wants falling at his feet. But, I don't think he can be labeled as a "bad boy" at all.

Alison, I wanted to stra
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I loved the Power Station series so couldn't wait to dive in to Slide, as for me Tina is the best author for rock band books!!

Rusty (sigh) is talented, seriously hot and so nice and caring and loves sex, also is the lead guitarist for the band Black Addiction who also featured on the Power Station series.

We meet Allison who to me seemed like she was treated like a doormat by a few people in her life, she meets Rusty but is dating at the time, she has always found Rusty attractive as she'
Sophia Holt
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars

Alison and Rusty. and 6 degrees of separation...

Alison hasn't had a great life. An absent father, a mother that has only really thought of herself...
She has been coasting along ... then dinner with her boyfriend and it all comes crashing down around her...

enter Rusty, the handsome stranger that she has caught her eye... a meeting at a club...and this is their story..
You won't want to miss their story...cause there are more twist and turns...and it will keep you hooked.

book gifted for re
She Hearts Books
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-heart-rockers
I fell head over heart for rocker Rusty. He's sweet and oh so sexy. And grounded. Did I mention sexy? He's just come off tour with his band and bumps into Alison who I absolutely adored. She has the best dialogue both inner and spoken. Made me laugh out loud many times. Almost as much as the band's banter. I love this group and want more of them. I really loved Rusty's story.

I give Slide 4 hearts!
Nance
Review to be written soon...
Kristy /Obsessed with Romance
5 Star Review
My expectations for this book were so damn high and the problem with really high expectations is sometimes it's kind of hard to live up to them. I mean, Rusty was almost (was completely) my favorite part of Back Stage (the last book of the Power Station series and the first time we meet Rusty) and I was beyond excited that he was getting his own book (his own series). This was my most anticipated book of the year so when it showed up on my Kindle I was ecstatic (nervous) and I shoved everything
Reading with 2 book lovers
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I love Ms Gepharts books they just seem to get better and better.
This is the start of a series of Standalones.
I love rusty and Alison so much they are such a fun loving couple.
This is a great rock star book.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
review logo
Visit My Website | Like Me on Facebook

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
POV: His & Hers / 1st person
Naughty Factor: 2 out of 5

line
I'M IN LOVE!! Omg, Rusty has got to the the sweetest rock stars I've come across. They can't get any better than him. He truly was perfection!! I think I love him more than Alison did :), hehe!

Slide has got to be one of the sweetest rockstar romances I've read. I loved the characters the storyline was all character driven and steady from start to finish.

Alison was the product
FMR Book Grind
ERIN'S REIVEW
5 STARS

I love this author. I love her writing style. She writes stories that pull you in and won’t let go. She weaves humor into her stories to balance out the emotions. It all flows together seamlessly and creates the perfect books. Rusty and Alison are great characters. They start their relationship as friends and I think that builds the firm foundation they need to build on. These two have a chemistry that pulls them together like magnets. Their connection is strong and it has to
Monique Machuca-Austin
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
GRAB YOUR PANTIES AND HOLD ON TIGHT, BECAUSE ROCKER RUSTY CRAWFORD WILL SLIDE IN TO YOUR HEART!

Rusty Crawford is the sexy lead guitarist and song co-writer for the band Black Addiction. Rusty is content with his life, because his band is just about to release an album which he believes will out them on the map in the rock industry and he has countless women until one refuses him - Alison Williams.

“Seeing her for the first time that night all those weeks ago was like a kick in the balls. Ther
Carly Carter
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What happens when fate intervenes in the lives of two complete strangers who think that they are living the dream? You get a sweet, funny and unpredictable story like Alison and Rusty’s. Slide is Book #1 in T. Gephart’s newest series Black Addiction and the very first book I have read of hers, and it has left me wondering why I have not read anything of hers sooner.

Alison Williams’s childhood was not perfect; in fact her driving force growing up was to create a successful, stable life for hersel
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
I have to confess that I got hooked up to T Gephart's books only recently after meeting her few times at signings. But once I started reading, I simply got addicted and for the last couple of months, I've read everything she ever published. So, of course, once I found out she is going to write a new series about Black Addiction, I was simply ecstatic. And I can honestly say that this was an amazing read. It was a little bit more light-hearted than her other books but the characters still have th ...more
Bloggers From Down Under
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** Review provided by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Meet Rusty Crawford.
Hot, charming, charismatic, sinfully delicious.
Lead guitarist of Black Addiction.
Music is his life.
He lives and breathes it.
It's his passion.
But relationships.....Nup not at all.
There is never a shortage on women who want to ....Let's say be friends with benefits with Rusty.
Just the way he likes it.

But a simple chance encounter at a bar will change everything.
She will change everything.

Meet Alison Williams.
She has ev
Bookaholics Reading
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars hot and steamy stars

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Black Edge (Black Edge, #1)
  • Rock Me Hard (The Rock Star's Seduction, #1)
  • Rebecca's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #6)
  • Idol (Price of Fame, #1)
  • Further To Fall
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Darling: A Short, Steamy Second Chance Romance: Sugar Creek Romance: Book One
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men #1)
  • Fully Involved (Texas Firefighters #3)
  • 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)
  • Shy Girls Write it Better (Some Girls Do It, #1)
  • Wrecked: Luke & Marie (Savage Trust #1)
  • Men of Inked: Southside: Book One & Two
  • Acquired Asset: Complete Series
  • Reckless Obsession (The Reckless Rockstar Series)
  • Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1)
  • A Filthy Engagement (Filthy Line #2)
T Gephart is a USA Today and International bestselling author from Melbourne, Australia.

With an approach to life that is somewhat unconventional, she prefers to fly by the seat of her pants rather than adhere to some rigid roadmap.

Her lack of "plan" has resulted in a rather interesting and eclectic resume, which reads more like the fiction she writes than an actual employment history.

She'd tell

Black Addiction (3 books)
  • Sticks (Black Addiction, #2)
  • Stand (Black Addiction #3)