Start by marking “Restoration & Forgiveness (Renovate, #2)” as Want to Read:
Restoration & Forgiveness (Renovate, #2)

Restoration & Forgiveness (Renovate #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
When I ran back home, I wasn’t prepared for the reminders of him everywhere I turned. I certainly never expected Keegan to follow. I thought I made myself clear - we were through. I didn’t want anything to do with him. But, he inserted himself back into my life, and there was nothing I could do.

I pushed he pulled.

I ran and he chased me.

I cried and he wiped away the tears.
Published January 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Restoration & Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoration & Forgiveness

Crina (Reading Addict)
Review originally on Reading Addict

My review for this book will be very short, not that the book is very long actually, but I don't really have many things to say.

This book was and wasn't what I was expecting, because I hoped for a short, fast, easy and lovely read, that would grip me from the first page, that will blow my mind and then I will recommend it to everyone as my new favorite fluffy read. But I didn't enjoy it so much. Yes, it is fast, easy, fluffy and romantic, but it wasn't spectacu
Amy
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!!

“I know this isn’t easy, but I’m going to keep reminding you what you are to me, and who you have always been. You are my everything; no one could mean to me what you do. As long as we live I’ll remind you that loving you is as effortless for me as breathing.”

Ever since I finished Skyscrapers & Camelot, I have been dying to get my hands on this book. I had to see what would happen next for Aimee and Keegan. And I have to tell you, Mindy A. Carter does not disappoin
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting to get my hands on this book since the dramatic cliffhanger in the first that left me absolutely reeling! And once again Mindy Carter does not disappoint! Although I found it to be a little bit slow in the beginning, I was thoroughly captivated with the characters and the plot to where I couldn't put it down for anything.

Once again I completely fell in love with Aimee and Keegan, although I did hate Keegan a little bit for what went down between him and Gretchen and keeping a
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
4.0  I WANT MY OWN CASTLE STARS!!!

When I first met Keegan, I didn’t understand the importance of having a best friend. I learned early on that friends come and go, but a true best friend is one who will be there for you through it all. I thought he was it; even through the hurt, he was always my best friend, and honestly, no one could ever replace him. He didn’t fill my mother’s absence as a friend, but became someone entirely different. He became my other half, the piece of me that always fit w
books are love
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First awesome awesome awesome. so amazing. The writing is incredible. Keegan is just swoon swoon swoon. He made a mistake and pays for it everyday of his life and is still paying for it with Aimee but he is trying to show her she is his fairytale. His one and only the one he builds a castle for and gives her everything. He is willing to give up his career and world for her.

Aimee I have to say I agreed she should be mad at first but she went a wee bit to far with the riotous indignation of anger.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
RESTORATION AND FORGIVENESS is the second book in the Renovate Series and concludes the love story of Keegan James and Aimee Brennan. Will there be a happy ending? Kaleb and Reese's romance also continues and holds a lot of surprises.

Nothing could have prepared me for the drama and romance in this sequel. Mindy does an extremely great job of making you feel every emotion throughout this book. You will laugh, squeal with delight, and then cry, in no special order.

Keegan is the perfect, chivalrous
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This series is my first by Mindy Carter and after reading the first I was dying to get my hands on this one. I HAD to know what would happen next. Would he let her go? Would Gretchen win and get Keegan? Would Aimee and Keegan find their happily ever after finally? I can say I honestly enjoyed reading this series. I was a bit disappointed by Keegan's choices towards the end of this but I get why she wrote it this way. I still was irritated at Keegan and especially Gretchen. If I could have jumped ...more
Books Laid Bare
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This picked right back up from the end of the first book Skyscrapers and Camelot and sees Aimee back home.
Dealing with her father being in hospital is enough for Aimee, not only on a familial level but also on an emotional level because it gives her a reason almost to turn her back on the pain that she has suffered at Keegan’s hand, no not physically but yet again her heart has been broken by him, she needs this space and time to get her head around what has happened and to concentrate on her da
Renee
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Restoration and Forgiveness is the second book in Mindy Carter's Renovate Series. It is the continuation of Keegan and Aimee's story. It is also their conclusion.

Aimee has gone back home to be with her father. She is also running from Keegan. Things have fallen apart in a big way and she just wants as far away from Keegan as possible. Keegan however is not giving up on Aimee He has promised her forever
Sunny
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
You have to read Skyscrapers and Camelot before you read Restoration and Forgiveness. You will be lost and not really understand the issues in the book without reading in order. You can see my review of Skyscrapers and Camelot below.

Restoration and Forgiveness is pretty good. It was a very quick and easy read for me. You see Aimee going home to her father because he has had a heart attack. She just got flattened once again by Gretchen. I want to love Keegan. I mean for all intents and purposes
Amanda
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Read and Share Book Reviews

Received an arc for an honest review

OMG so worth the wait!!!! I was left heart broken and hanging by a thread at the end of Skyscrapers & Camelot, the book literally gutted me! But this , this work of art was everything I was hoping for and more!!!

First of all KEEGAN IS MINE, I CALL DIBS RIGHT NOW! Yes I am shouting because he is shout worthy! He is the most romantic swoon worthy man I have ever read about. Wait to you get to the part and then
Erin McFarland
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I could not wait for this book, especially after the first one ended in the cliffhanger that it did. And this was well worth the wait.

This book picks up where the first one left off, Aimee is back in Pa, tending to her father, and Keegan is plotting to get her back.

There were quite a few times Aimee frustrated me to no end. That girl is stubborn! But, unlike me, she held in there and didn't give in at the first apology. She makes him work for it. Keegan puts his heart on the line. He is the perf
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from Between The Sheets PR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's release promotions.

I couldn't wait to read this book the moment I finished the first one. I think it was because of the cliffhanger at the end. Anyway, I wanted to read how Aimee and Keegan's story ended. In a way, I'm glad that they had the ending they both deserved. However, I am still not Keegan's biggest fan. I'm sorry. I know a lot of female readers are staking their claim ov
CrazyDaisy
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

You know it's a good series when you can't be bothered to leave a review for the previous book because you just have to know what happens. I devoured this series in the span of twenty-four hours. If it hadn't been for that pesky little thing called 'sleep', I could have finished this faster. Damn those early mornings and late nights catching up to me! I digress.
I absolutely loved Aimee and Keegan's story. Keegan has most definitely made my BBF list which hasn't h
Geri
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 in the series is as well written as the 1st. Aimee and Keegan seem to run when they are hit with major problems and although this flight response seems crazy, in this story it works! I loved how when they return back to where it all began that they seem to be able to get to the place they need to in order to get their perspective back. You can feel the love between them and you find yourself pulling for them when the outside forces start working against them. Then add in Reese and Kaleb a ...more
Kim Ginsberg
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aimee and Keegan are back! Amy is back in Indiana to help her dad who just had a heart attack. He's all she has since she lost her mom when she was younger. She gets a HUGE surprise when she finds out Keegan is right behind her in getting there. He's not giving up on them now that they had their first fight since getting back together. Gretchen is doing her best to keep them apart and Aimee is sick of her and her attitude. She finds out why Gretchen is they way she is and is disappointed it was ...more
Susan Trewick
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
After the cliffhanger the first book finished on, I couldn't wait to delve into this book and I was not dissapointed. I loved how Aimed made Keegan work hard to get her back, though he did redeem himself in the end. (can you say castle!) I hated that Keegan kept secrets from Aimee, if only he had told her sooner. Gretchen..... Ahhhhh, what a nasty, manipulative b@#*h! she was the perfect baddy! This book takes you on a roller coaster of emotions right till the end, it's a beautifully written lov ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After finding out truths and finding that your love has more than enough to make it last forever, Aimee realizes that no matter how much she fights the love in her heart will always win. Her heart only beats for Keegan. The fairy tale that he promises is till with in her grasp if only she stops pushing and start listening to both her heart and him.
I loved this story, well both stories in this series it is a true testament to how much a heart can take and how strong their love is. Perfection, re
Cynthia Tatum reichel
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Keegan and Aimee final story is awesome. It was very intense and with the wait to read. I am glad there was no cliff hanger however at the end we were just kind of ended when there could have been more. Gretchen is as vindictive as ever in this book. Keegan still falls for her crap till the end. It is amazing the hold she has. I am glad Aimee won out and was so strong through it all.

This is a must read and cannot wait for the next book to come out.
Nancy Metsch
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes the Prince needs to be saved
I LOVED this book. I am totally head over heels in love with Keegan James. Yes the man is easily fooled. I felt so bad for what that bitch Gretchen did to Keegan and Aimee, the bitch was like a starving dog going after a bone.
I think the thing I loved the best about the book was how determined Keegan was about getting Aimee not only to take him back, but to for give him as well.
I cant wait for Reese and Kaleb's story
Debbie
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Restoration & Forgiveness picks right up where Skyscrapers & Camelot ended. Carter has us turning the pages, eager to see how Keegan and Aimee with work their way back together. We see how the secrets and manipulations play out. Carter gives readers an enjoyable sweet second chance romance with her Renovate series.
Julie
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Restoration picks up right where Skyscrapers left off. We catch back up with Aimee with her father as he recovers from a heart attack. She is in pain and feeling scared and alone. Even when she is assured her dad will recover, the pain from the betrayal from Keegan keeps her down. Reece checks in with her as a best friend would but also to let her know that despite her best efforts, Keegan is in town as well.
Keegan just wants to be there for Aimee and assure her that despite the fact that his r
Jam Macmac
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Review originally posted at Heartscent Reads

I will just keep my review short because I really am disappointed with this one. After reading the first book, I thought, “Yeah, this book is promising. I might give book 2 a chance.” I was sad with how it turned out.

There were a lot of love scenes in there that makes me cringe and I don’t exactly get the point of Aimee forgiving Keegan that fast. I mean, she got mad, Keegan went to her, explained and then she forgives. That easy???? They were adults b
Beyond the Pages
Apr 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I was a little let down with this book. Book one left me wanting to follow this couple to see how or if they would reach their happily ever after, but this book was rather flat and uneven.

What I Did Not Like:
Keegan went from strong and confident to ridiculously lacking, in my opinion. Yeah, yeah, he said beautiful things, but he confused me with his pulling away.

Aimee was almost like a pushover when it came to how she dealt with Gretchen regarding self, but she got some grit when it came time
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The writing style and editing were good. The characters just annoyed me. The storyline was predictable, which isn't necessarily bad. I generally love modern grown up fairy tales. The H, despite his insistence to the contrary, seemed a bit naive. The h continued to keep blinders on and was weak. My questions from the first book were answered but the character flaws just seemed to compound.

Overall, I just found the characters irritated me as much as anything. But there have been other books which
Angela
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Received a copy for my honest opinion.
I loved the first book in the series and was so excited when I was offered to review this.
Unfortunately it just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, love the characters. But how many times do these guys have to run away from each other because of some stupid reason? Even the best friend in the story said it's cute the first time, but now you're just making everyone dizzy.
Too much angst for me this time.
Angie
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't know how I feel about this book. It stated off cute and then, for me, became unrealistic. I put off writing this review because I didn't have the right words but at the end of the day, that's what I think. Nothing more and nothing less. Probably a 2.5.
Konica
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book much better than the first.
Mel
Jan 20, 2016
Hema Vadivelu
Mar 25, 2016
Mindy has been in love with love, as long as she can remember. As a child, you could find Mindy engrossed in fairytale books and dreaming of her happily ever after. She was lucky enough to find her prince charming and lives in Ohio with him and her four beautiful children.

More about Mindy A. Carter...

Renovate (2 books)
  • Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)