Start by marking “Nil Unlocked” as Want to Read:

(Nil #2)

On the island of Nil, the rules are set. You have exactly 365 days to escape—or you die. Rives is now the undisputed Leader of Nil City, but keeping the City united is tougher than ever.

Raiders have grown bolder, supplies are dwindling, and non-human inhabitants have taken a turn toward the deadly. New arrivals cause rifts within the City, putting the Search system at risk
Published May 31st 2016 by Square Fish (first published May 12th 2015)

Ben Alderson
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this sequel!!!
I missed Charley and Thad but seeing things from Skye and Rives point of view was super interesting.
Also, getting more answers from this mystery island has been really good as well. I love this series and the mix of science and magic/belief.

I can't wait to see what happens in book three, I hope it follows a certain someone........
CANT WAIT!
Alyssa
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Nil Unlocked by Lynne Matson
Book Two of the Nil series
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: May 12, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Raiders have grown bolder, supplies are dwindling, and non-human inhabitant
Lindsay Cummings
I am so excited to be able to write a GLOWING review for Nil Unlocked.

I've been stoked to read it ever since I finished NIL, and was lucky enough to do a signing with Lynne Matson, who is probably one of the nicest human beings on earth. She sent me this followup novel early (through a book exchange system the YA Valentines authors have) and I devoured it.

I loved book one, NIL. I was a huge fan of LOST growing up, and I was super excited when a book about a mysterious island came out. NIL was a
Lynne Matson
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'M SO BIASED BUT I LOVE THIS BOOK. :) I can't wait for you to read it! #Rives #Skye #feels #answers #NILUNLOCKED
 ⇝LEAH⇜
This is one of those instances where the second book far surpasses the first…

Book Title: Nil Unlocked
Author: Lynne Matson
Series: Nil #2
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Action & Adventure
Source: Kindle E-Book (Library)

Give Me A Sign by Breaking Benjamin --Definitely Rives Song…♫

Book Cover: 5+/5
Ending: 5/5. Cliffhanger: This one feels like it has more closure at the
Taylan Tutam
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ŞUAN BEYNİM AĞLIYOR ARKADAŞLAR BU NE BİÇİM BİR İŞTİ????
SKYE EN SEVDİĞİM KARAKTERDİ KİTAPTA İLK KİTAPTA DA CHARLEY OLMUŞTU.ADA ERKEKLERİ GENELDE SALAK OLUYO YA SKXJDKSKKS
BİR DE PAULO'YU ÇOK SEVDİM BU İKİSİ DIŞINDA AŞIRI AŞIRI SEVDİĞİM KARAKTERLER OLMADI
RIVES VE SKYE İLİŞKİSİ ÇOK CHARLEY VE THAD'A BENZETİLMEYE ÇALIŞMIŞTI BENCE BU YÖNÜNÜ SEVEMEDİM TEK
SKYE'IN YAPTIKLARI CHARLEY'İN YAPTIKLARININ YANINDA SOLDA SIFIR KALIYOR YANİ SON DERECE EFSANE PLANLARDI
NIL'E KAZILAN KUYULARI İÇİMİN YAĞLARI ERİYE
Stacee

This was quite a roller coaster. I loved the entire way the story unfolded. The dual POVs were fantastic and the epilogue was phenomenal.

All in all, an excellent ending.

Edit: I just learned that there will be another book, which is very exciting. There are a couple of things I still wanted to know, but I thought it was a duology.

**Huge thanks to Macmillan for sending me the arc**
Ksenia
I'm so glad Lynne Matson decided to revisit Nil. A sequel with lots of twists and turns and heartache. Loved all aspects of this sequel: Skye, Rives, the mystery, the brutality/unfairness of some parts.... What an emotional roller coaster. I had a blast reading this. Thank you for writing a fantastic sequel, Lynne!
Celeste_pewter
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
D: D: D: D: D:

is the extent of my review thus far.

Lynne Matson has outdone herself.

Nicole Wang
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nilunlockedquote

In case you don't remember, I kind of loved Nil, but when I heard that there was going to be a sequel, my reaction was a mix of:
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MORE MORE MORE NIL MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
and
Omg Sequel Syndrome though.

Ah, I shouldn't have doubted Lynne Matson.

There were a lot of things I loved about Nil, but there were so many different things about Nil Unlocked that I loved. The story delivers on the promise the title makes, and we discover most (though probably not al
Zeynep
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books, 2016
3. KİTAP HEMEN BURAYA GELMELİ!!
HEMEN BENİM OLMALI!
YOKSA ÇILDIRACAĞIM!!!!!!!!!!
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 4/28/15: 4.25 - 4.5 stars | Another great NIL story! These books are just so much fun. Definitely reminded me of LOST (I just couldn't help it! And I'm sorry for saying it so many times) and a bunch of survival reality shows. I just really enjoyed getting lost in the book! I was glad to see the continuation of the first book and yet how this book was its own take on the island complete with new characters and new revelations. This was everything I could have asked for in a NI ...more
Kristen Lippert-Martin
You guys. It's cruel of me to post this so far in advance of Nil's sequel. CRUEL. I'd dare say EVIL as well.

All those answers that Nil left you hungering for? They're here, my friends! Along with a hunky green-eyed dude named Rives and an utterly kick-ass girl named Skye.

Off to tie orphans to the train tracks now. Because that's what we cruel and evil people do for fun....
Xander ForeverBookish
HOLY CRAP. HOLY. CRAP. SO MUCH LOVE FOR NIL <3 <3 <3 <3
Maraia
Kaitlin (Next Page Please!)
Ahhh ever since I have finished Nil I have been dying to read Nil Unlocked! Nil had action, twists, turns, and we were just getting to know Nil. Ohhh but Nil Unlocked really did unlock Nil. I learned so much about Nil and this book was great. I have to say I enjoyed Nil a lot better because that one had more action and twists and turns but Nil Unlocked was a great book in it's own way though. Nil Unlocked brought information, mystery, and just so many questions to the island. I mentioned in my N ...more
Jaye
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can I tell you how excited I was to read the ARC of Nil Unlocked? So super excited. I loved NIL - something about island books, I've been on a run of great ones and NIL was no exception. So I jumped at the chance to go back to this crazy place.

Matson has done a great job with the follow-up to the story. It's all of the same crazy island shenanigans and a few of the same players, but we're introduced to Skye, the daughter of an astrophysicist obsessed with uncovering the secret island his brother
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
This review was originally posted on It Starts at Midnight
I enjoyed Nil Unlocked quite a bit. As it's a sequel, I don't want to say too much, but I will say that I liked Rives and Skye even more than Charley and Thad. I felt more of an emotional connection to them, and was very invested in what happened to them. As before, you never know what Nil is going to do, or who will fall victim. Lynne Matson doesn't sugar coat, or leave the suffering to the minor characters, which I really admire. The o
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* YA, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Nil Unlocked is the second of three installments in the Nil Series by author Lynne Matson. If you follow this blog, and haven't read my review for NIL which posted last week, you will find the link below. Nil Unlocked starts out right where NIL ended. Well, let's just say it begins with a scene where two featured characters finally find their way off the island and back home. After the ending of NIL, I was a bit crabby in th
Selin
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ALLAHIM SEN BENİM AKLIMA MUKAYYET OL.BİR SON AYNI ANDA NASIL BU KADAR MÜKEMMEL VE İĞRENÇ OLABİLİR?SKYE,PAULO,RİVES,THAD,DEX,JİLLİAN...BANA ŞUAN ÜÇÜNCÜ KİTABI VERENLE EVLENECEĞİM.O SON NEYDİ?O NE KADAR GÜZEL VE İĞRENÇ BİR SONDU.KAFAMI YARINA KADAR TOPARLAYABİLİRSEM YORUM YAZARIM.
Melissa
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 HUGE STARS!

I really took my time reading this one because I didn't want it to end at all! This was an excellent sequel that hooked me just like book one did. I definitely teared up and didn't expect to! Ahhh...good stuff! Bravo, Lynne Matson!
Kelli
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
Myreadbooks
What a pleasure to immerse myself in the world of this fascinating series.

In this second book you must always succeed in escaping before 365 days on this mysterious island. It is more than dangerous, the one who exceeds 365 days dies, so you have to find a portal quickly. We find there Rives who want to unravel the mysteries of this island. Skye will help her try to save everyone and who knows how to destroy her forever.

A second captivating, breathtakingly addictive volume full of suspense and
Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)

This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

Warning: If you have not read Nil, I do not recommend reading Nil Unlocked until you have. While the story would work okay as a stand alone, its best to experience this story as a sequel as some of the important aspects of the setting will probably be lost to you.

Boy, what an emotional roller coaster! Lynne Matson took me on a nail-biting, action-packed adventure that I could never have dreamed up in a million years. Nil Unlocked was the pe
Kirstie Ellen
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Initial Thoughts Upon Finishing
SO GOOD. Just as good as the first book and I’d been so worried it would be a flop in comparison. I’d struggled to imagine where Matson could take the story from book one but this is wonderfully new and with added elements and I LOVED it. 100% will be reading the third and final book!

Nil Unlocked
This is the second book in the Nil series and it's absolutely fantastic. The series revolves about this island called Nil. For a long time teenagers - and only teenagers -
Jamie Coudeville
I really love this series. It's so high paced. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. It's such intriguing storytelling. I can't wait to read the final book. (PS, this would probably make a great tv show)
PaperGirl
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good 3.75 for sure!! Can't wait nor imagine for Book three!! =D
Gal Burke
Wow. Wayyyyy better than the first
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read Nil Unlocked because I liked the world building and plot for the first, and wanted to get inside the heads of others on the island. For the first I do remember the thing that bothered me was figuring out how the island came to exist, how the kids get there, and who choses. I lost myself in the story, and I understand that the kids wouldn't know anything, but I just kept thinking, where on earth is this, and how does it work. This didn't really take away much from my enjoyment, ...more
Pili
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NIL Unlocked was one of those fantastic sequels that maintain the feel & magic that you fell in love with in the first book, but also manages to build everything up, and in this case, it is done adding more hints and revelations about the mysteries of NIL.

We got back to NIL and to characters that we've already met, but we also have someone new, Skye, and she's not your usual NIL newbie... She's got inside knowledge and she's also been trained by her dad to survive on tough conditions and tro
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Skandal (Sekret, #2)
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Crashland (Twinmaker #2)
  • Contribute (Holo, #2)
  • Evolution (Extraction, #3)
  • Silver Eve (Guardians of Tarnec, #2)
  • Infected
  • The Caledonian Inheritance (The Athena Effect #3)
  • The August Five
  • The Crimson Gate (The Violet Hour, #2)
  • The Vault (The Farm, #3)
  • Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
  • All That Burns (All That Glows, #2)
  • When My Heart Was Wicked
  • Burn (Scan, #2)
  • Devoted
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
I love books--both reading and writing them. When I'm not reading or writing, you can find me hanging out with my husband and four sons. At any given time, at least one of the 6 of us is up to no good.:)

My books: NIL, NIL UNLOCKED and NIL ON FIRE are out now; NIL REMEMBERED is a recently released free ebook prequel. Join the #NILtribe...we have cool snacks.:)

Nil (3 books)