Start by marking “Sugar (A Love Lane Short, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sugar (A Love Lane Short, #2)

Sugar (A Love Lane Short #2)

Danielle Reed has always been the responsible one in her family. Work hard, follow the rules, and arrive on time—these are the traits she thought would bring her life meaning and purpose.

She was wrong.

On the eve of her thirtieth birthday, Danielle finds herself alone—well, as long as you don’t count the two bottles of wine by her side—and rethinking the path she has chosen
73 pages
Published March 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Sugar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar

Mary Tatar
Mar 19, 2016 Mary Tatar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, short-story
A short story that I wished didn't end. Sugar had me from the very first page. I loved meeting Dani the responsible, and in control of her life to the tee woman. I could identify with her fears of getting older, and taking stock of what she's missed out on as she's made a career for herself. When she meets Conner, who seems to be her total opposite, she surprises herself by how attracted she is to a man she ran into for a brief moment. He made quite the impression, but he's nothing like the men ...more
Danielle from Short and Sassy

Cute short story about Danielle who is having a mid life crisis about turning 30. Let's be honest, most of us have been there. Danielle is not where she thought she would be at 30. She is happy with her career, but her lack of social life is bumming her out.

Just when all hope is lost, she literally runs into Connor who makers her feel things she hasn't felt in well... forever. Now she has thrown caution to the wind to see where this new relationship takes her.

Connor seems to be just w
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls Book Reviews~
3.5 Stars
This is the second short story in this series and much like the first I enjoyed that it was a quick, easy sweet read but just wish that it was a little longer. I'd love to read more about Conner and Dani as their relationship progressed. That being said, if you're in the mood for a short, fun read in between full novels this book fits the bill.

*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review
Miriam
Mar 21, 2016 Miriam rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, contemporary
Thirty. The Big Three-Oh. Over the hill.

Once upon a time, thirty was a really big deal for a woman. I used to hear how women dreaded it, how they didn't want to get old, how thirty meant they were past their prime.

I'm thirty-four. Thirty, honestly, wasn't a big deal to me. It was another number, another tally mark symbolizing how long I've been on this planet.

Dani, thankfully, learned that lesson by the end of this story. Her outlook doesn't start out all positive and sunshine and rose gardens.
Masako Prado
Mar 27, 2016 Masako Prado rated it really liked it
Sugar is the definition of short but sweet. This won't give readers that heart-gripping pain some romance novels with deep-rooted issues offer, but this will put a smile on your face and make you sigh and giggle a few times.

The main characters, Danielle or Dani and Connor, are both very entertaining and amusing. They're complete opposites yet complement each other a ton, and their chemistry is explosive. Danielle has a very colourful train of thought, which we all have access to because Sugar is
Reviews From  the Heart
Mar 21, 2016 Reviews From the Heart rated it really liked it
Sugar was a cute fun read about Danielle, who is realizing that her life isn’t quite what she expected it to be at 30 years old. I absolutely loved Danielle, she was easy to relate to. Most people can relate to the fear of turning thirty, I think that is part of the appeal to the story. There was passion and humor. Sugar was a great read, and I can’t wait to see what we get in the next short in this series.
Kristin Campbell
Feb 21, 2016 Kristin Campbell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
I love Ms. Thomas's short stories. They are so down-to-earth, and this one had a lot of humor. I loved the protagonist's witty internal dialogue.
Olivia Thomas
Mar 20, 2016 Olivia Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Come and meet Danielle and Connor in this sweet contemporary romance novella!
Alizon
Alizon rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Shannon Mary
Shannon Mary rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Pennie Adams
Pennie Adams marked it as to-read
Theresa Day
Theresa Day marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Yulonda Thorpe
Yulonda Thorpe marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Eeyoreluvr_95yahoo.com
Eeyoreluvr_95yahoo.com marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich marked it as to-read
Juli Hall
Juli Hall marked it as to-read
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Abn10009
Abn10009 marked it as to-read
Angelina
Angelina marked it as to-read
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Yaritza
Yaritza marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
SD
SD marked it as to-read
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Neepa Shah-chittur
Neepa Shah-chittur marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
MsS
MsS marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Salli Singleton
Salli Singleton marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
With a vivid imagination Olivia has been writing short stories ever since she could hold pen to paper.

Now as a busy working mother of two rambunctious little girls she squeezes in time to write whenever she can. You will often find scraps of paper filled with story notes in every nook and cranny of her home.
More about Olivia L. Thomas...

A Love Lane Short (4 books)
  • Lucky (A Love Lane Short #1)
  • Taste  (A Love Lane Short #3)
  • Beauty (A Love Lane Short #4)