Start by marking “Llamas In Pyjamas” as Want to Read:
Llamas In Pyjamas

Llamas In Pyjamas

Part of a series of funny phonics readers that children will love. This lively story with humorous illustrations is ideal for children who are beginning to read for themselves, or for reading aloud together. The simple rhyming text and phonic repetition are specially designed to develop essential language and early reading skills. Helps young children learn to recognise th ...more
Published December 1st 2014 by Usborne Books

To ask other readers questions about Llamas In Pyjamas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llamas In Pyjamas

Start your review of Llamas In Pyjamas
Bridgette Elston
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was sold to me as a silly book but I'd go with spooky instead. A tale about kids who find out something isn't so scary, a good one for around Halloween (imo). That said, as a phonics reader is was great and my 4 year old enjoyed the story and the pics.
Erin Murray
Nice short read for younger children with consistent elements of rhyme throughout.
Dallas
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4-6 year olds
Title: Llamas in Pajamas
Authors: Russell Punter
Illustrator: David Semple
Genre: Picture Book
Age: Toddlers, Preschool, and Early Elementary
Part of a Series?: Yes (Usborne Phonics Readers; a series based on the language rather than the characters)

*I received a copy of this book in my consultant's kit when I became an Independent Consultant for Usborne Books & More

Summary:
This book tells the story of four llamas having a Halloween sleepover. Since this is part of the Usborne Phonics Readers line of
Amber Slagle
I loved the pictures, but the story was very clunky to read.
Laura Meyer
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful! Do not buy this book. I purchased a phonics set from Usborne that contained this book as one of 12 Children's readers. This is targeted to young children. Usborne has a reputation for beautiful illustrations & engaging books that encourage a love for learning. This book was extremely disappointing . I had the kids tucked in bed & got ready to read them a light hearted, humorous, rhyming tale of Llama's in Pajamas. It's started out with the beloved giggles & laughter as they heard the titl ...more
Megan
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and quick read for bedtime with good rhyming. If I have to pick a book for bedtime these are more fun for me to read to my daughter because of the rhyming. And this one is one of my favorite phonics books.
Bekka
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story with adorable illustrations. I enjoyed the nice rhyme pattern, which makes it natural to read aloud. I look forward to reading this to my nephew. :]
Kat
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Some dodgy rhymes in this one.
Jessica
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I loved this book! It was cute, and even had you guessing at the end.
Elizabeth
AR 1.6
Banko Boys
Jul 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Creepy subject matter for a phonics reader, or for young kids. It starts out cute and light. I mean, llamas in pajamas?! How cute can it be? Then it turns dark. 😞
Rachel
Another phonics book with cute illustrations, this one was a cute story about four llama friends who get together for a sleep-over. They decide to stay up and tell each other spooky stories, but are frightened by scary noises that the house makes when their grandmother comes to bring them a midnight snack. Recommended for ages 3-6, 3 stars.
James Wynn
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-years-old, usborne
Usborne
Becky
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super funny. Any kid would love to read this!
Anne
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice picture book, not keen on the rhyming pros. Cute story for very young children
Kathleen
Aug 21, 2020
Shari
rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2020
Jun 28, 2020
Kristen
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books, halloween
This is a cute book about llamas. It is rhyming and has some good easy words for beginning readers. The llamas make the book extra cute. They plan a Halloween sleep over party and end up telling scary stories. Then, as you can guess, they get spooked by a noise, which ends up not being anything scary after all!

My 2.5 year old daughter enjoyed the story and this will be a good book for her as she starts learning to read on her own.
Stacey

• Toad Makes a Road
  • Frog on a Log
  • Ted in a Red Bed
  • Nibbles: The Book Monster
  • Seriously, Cinderella Is SO Annoying!: The Story of Cinderella as Told by the Wicked Stepmother
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug