Start by marking “Aim True: Love Your Body, Eat Without Fear, Nourish Your Spirit, Discover True Balance!” as Want to Read:

Are You Ready to Discover What Aim True Means to You?

Yoga teacher and inspirational speaker Kathryn Budig is known for her ability to encourage others to set their intentions and goals, no matter how lofty, and work toward them while staying true to themselves.

In Aim True, Budig extends her empowering message beyond the mat. Life is an adventure that is meant to be explore
Published March 29th 2016 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Aim True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aim True

Amy
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I read an ARC provided by the publisher, because of my role with a literary festival.

This may have been a result of the right words landing in front of me at the right time, but I knew from the beginning I'd be giving this book five stars. Thankfully, the further I read, the more that rating was justified.

There were two things I really loved about this book. First, it's accessible to anyone. Even if you've never practiced yoga or eaten a healthy meal in your life, you'll still find B
Sian Lile-Pastore
A lifestyle book which covers yoga, diet and meditation along with stories from Budig's life. Lovely book to dip in and out of, nice stuff about body image and authenticity, but perhaps if you read a lot of yoga books there's not loads of new stuff here. Perfect for someone just starting out learning yoga or trying to find wellness and health.
Recipes look ok, though too many eggs and fish for this lil vegan.
Cat Woods
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kathryn Budig is a yoga celebrity who isn’t all just flashy lycra and superficial spirituality. She has built a dedicated international fan base with her genuinely engaging and informative workshops, classes, online videos and publications. A regular writer and contributor to Yoga Journal, she provides insight into yoga sequences, poses, the spiritual and moral codes (yamas and niyamas) and her own personal experiences of developing and struggling with her practice and her life.
It is her “realne
Gina
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I adore Kathryn Budig's vibe, so I was very excited to read this book. I already lead a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise, eating well, and practicing yoga, so this content was not new to me. However, I love her emphasis on finding a tribe. That is what is missing my life.

I hope that this book finds its way into the many hands that need to read the body positive message that pervades the book.

Personally, I never tire of hearing good news about healthy living and a healthy outlook
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely book to flip through and delve into its myriad of life aspects as you discover them. The author keeps an upbeat energy throughout the book, which is both refreshing and inspiring. When I read the recipe for Quinoa Egg Power Bites (p.134), I made them for breakfast, even though I didn't have all the spice ingredients. No matter, they were delicious!

I enjoyed the book and would consider reading it again in a couple years time.

Favourite quotes:

"We have to be so incredibly careful with the
Jennifer Ashraf
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is as book that I'll come back to a lot in the future. Kathryn has a beautiful, warm tone and the "Love your Body", "Nourish Your Soul", and Discover True Balance" were truly moving to me.

A lot of spirituality and self-help is very "your mileage will vary", so I can't say it will work for everyone. But as a fellow woman centered Greek mythology buff, this really spoke specifically to me and to my worldview in a way that no book in this genre had before, and the "Aim True" philosophy really
Lindsey
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that I needed in my life at this time and I didn't even know it. It really helped me take a look at my life and showed me many different ways I could chance things up to help make myself healthier and happier. I've enjoyed adding yoga and meditation to my day and I've really found that it makes me feel better so far. This book also made me look at how I was living my life and I realized that I tend to stay in a state of fear of change and rejection, which was making me stay in sit ...more
Gwynn
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a good book of common sense and it reminds you that no one has a perfect body. However, she also talks about acknowledging the parts of you you like best. Her recipes aren't for me but a few of her homemade beauty products seem worthwhile to check out. I only gave it 3 stars because I have read other books in the past that touch on these similar values. It's a fast read.
Nyssa
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this woman's outlook, so enjoyed getting more context of her views in word form, outside of the yoga practice. Great to have the yoga poses in the book, along with challenges and recipes.
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Not something you really need to read cover to cover. It's a great resource, though. And while I have made my way through it, I will be turning back to it again and again.
Alba
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
If the information wasn't already things I knew, I probably would have enjoyed it more. It is a great book if you are just getting started on getting your life on a better health and wellness path.
Amber Hitch
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a lot of variety in this book. self care, recipes, yoga
erin
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Positive Read

It has a little bit of everything to show you how to make positive changes. Positive message and easy read with good tips.
Leanne
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yoga
A gem!
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Recipes are the best part
Emilie Robinson
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book. I'd heard a lot of the ideas before, but it was nice to have everything together. The recipes look good, but I haven't tried any yet.
Toni
With 2016 rapidly coming to a close, it’s time to start thinking about the new year ahead, new beginnings, and maybe resolutions (if that’s your thing). Aim True is the perfect book to ease you into new healthy habits.
Kathryn Budig’s style is not to guilt you into cleaner eating or meditating everyday. Rather she convinces you of the need to do these things for yourself out of love. The theme of “self-care” runs throughout as she guides you to detox, eat better, do yoga, meditate, and pamper you
Alissa
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good intro to the full gamut of yoga, from philosophy and meditation to body positivity and community. And the butternut mac and cheese recipe is worth the cover price. Very accessible to the newbie without making the cynic roll their eyes too hard.
Tracy
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Recipes and words of wisdom, a fun read.
Andreea In Bookland
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More delicious food, for my little soul!!! Oh, my God!! This book was amazing!!!! So much information...about positive thinking, about loving yourself and your body, about eating clean and healthy, tons of delicious and healthy recipes, juice recipes, beauty recipes, self-care ideas and the best of all.....yoga poses (asanas)!!!! And, on top of that....the book itself is gorgeous. I'm serious, it's full of color, full of life! I'm pretty sure I'll try some of the recipes and I'm a 100% sure, I'l ...more
Tracie Lynn
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I follow Kathryn Budig on Instagram and absolutely love her vibe and her approach to the sometimes-craziness of the yoga world. That said, there were many moments in this book that felt a bit hokey in their you-can-do-it-ness. However, many others really resonated and will serve as an important blueprint for how to work towards self-forgiveness, acceptance and love. The yoga and meditations portions are great, but even better are the recipes -- both food and wellness. Aim True will definitely be ...more
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-collection
Wow. I can't say enough good things about this book. Kathryn's light shines out of every page and she feels like the friend you've always been looking for. She does not cut any corners with her standards for healthy food, a committed practice and cruelty free beauty regime and yet with her guidance all of these things become not only practical and doable but enjoyable. The style of this book is so refreshing and shows the joy she's put into a lifetime of cultivating this knowledge for us. I woul ...more
Sarah Beam
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aim True is a glorious celebration of authenticity, yoga, nourishing food, inspiration, and natural beauty. Kathryn Budig, a beloved yoga teacher who fills her classes with laughter and physical challenges, effortlessly distills onto the page everything she has stood for in the yoga community: body acceptance, pushing physical limits, and finding one's own inner strength. Filled with beautiful photos, recipes for both food and for beauty products, multiple yoga practices, and joyful writing, thi ...more
Becky
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't read this book cover to cover as it wasn't at all what I expected. If you are new on the health journey and need a starter plan then it is probably helpful. I wasn't interestedly into the yoga primer or the majority of the recipes. I personally don't think a book is the best way to learn or practice yoga. I was interested In some to the smoothie and beauty products recipes. Overall this is a good introductory book on living a more healthful life.
Cherie
Nice light yoga book, geared more towards beginners (and beginners at healthy eating!). While I found her story interesting, it was heavy on modeling-licious type photos of her. Lots of recipes. The sequences would be good for beginners. I love her optimistic attitude, how she makes seemingly complex things sound easy. I hope to get the chance to study with her at some point, though from her book, she seems to be geared more towards beginners than teachers. Great stuff in here.
Amanda Quintanilla
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've taken many of Kathryn Budig's online classes and her style sings to me, but reading her book only solidified my love for her. She has an uncanny ability to be raw, funny, and empathetic all at once. I found myself writing down copious notes and quotes. Not to mention the book itself is beautiful and the recipes are fantastic!
Samantha
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kathryn Budig writes a lovely book that serves as a great refresher for yogis and an even better introduction to yoga and the yoga lifestyle to new yogis. She is approchable, fun and diminishes the dogma that can often surround yoga. I really enjoyed it and all the recipes that I have tried thus far have been pretty yummy!
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would give this 5 stars but I just really detest the cover design. But other than that it's awesome! Budig is funny, real, relatable and down to earth- and she really makes you realize how important it is to believe in yourself, and love yourself no matter what your abilities, body shape, etc etc.
Chelsea
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I LOVE Kathryn Budig! I was lucky enough to have been able to attend one of her aim true workshops last year and loved it. Reading this book brought me right back to that time and helped me to get my intentions set and get back on track. Thanks for this lovely book, it's like a giant bear hug for the soul.
  • Healthy Happy Sexy: Ayurveda Wisdom for Modern Women
  • Being of Power
  • The Longevity Kitchen: Satisfying, Big-Flavor Recipes Featuring the Top 16 Age-Busting Power Foods
  • Happy Hormones: The Natural Way to Improve Hormonal Health Including Osteoporosis, Stress, Anxiety, Thyroid Imbalances, and Menopause
  • Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You
  • Life Is Your Best Medicine: A Woman's Guide to Health, Healing, and Wholeness at Every Age
  • You Are The One You've Been Waiting For: Bringing Courageous Love To Intimate Relationships
  • Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
  • Energetic Boundaries: How to Stay Protected and Connected in Work, Love, and Life
  • Delavier's Stretching Anatomy
  • Yoga Body, Buddha Mind
  • Whole Body Intelligence: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Body to Achieve Greater Wisdom, Confidence, and Success
  • The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally
  • The Nalini Method: 7 Workouts for 7 Moods
  • Meditate Your Weight: Your 21-Day Retreat to Shed Pounds, Feel Great, and Lighten Up
  • Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love
  • Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana
  • 20 Years Younger: Look Younger, Feel Younger, Be Younger!