Start by marking “Plant a Kiss Board Book” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Plant a Kiss Board Book

Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Plant a Kiss Board Book

Little Miss planted a kiss. . . .

One small act of love blooms into something bigger and more dazzling than Little Miss could have ever imagined in this epic journey about life, kindness, and giving from New York Times bestselling team Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Peter H. Reynolds.

Now a board book!
Board Book, 36 pages
Published December 22nd 2015 by HarperFestival (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Plant a Kiss Board Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plant a Kiss Board Book

Shiloah
Fair warning, this is a very quick and simple story. That said, it is a sweet and creative one. Loved the illustrations. We love the illustrations and writer.
Sarah Sammis
In Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, a girl plants a kiss and after patience, frustration and hope, reaps the rewards in the form of a long, sparkly flowering vine.

On the surface it doesn't sound like much, but the choice of words, the rhythmic repetition and Peter H. Reynold's delightful illustrations make this something special. The large amount of white space and the limited vocabulary make this book ideal for beginning readers.

My daughter was immediately drawn to the book both for its ti
Joella www.cinjoella.com
I couldn't help myself. When reading this I started reading it out loud. I don't know that I could read this book to myself. The rhythm and rhymes were just so good they had to be experienced out loud.
Kris
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple, sweet story about spreading love and happiness. Great gift for an older child or for story time with a little one.
Brindi Michele
THE best book I've seen for "planting." Adorable :)
Sadia Mansoor
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
From one little kiss.... ENDLESS BLISSSSS! <3 <3 <3

Love it ^_^ ..Read about Little Miss's kiss here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wah0j...
Kirstin Baker
Plant a kiss- Little Miss finds a way to make people happy. How do people make you happy? Lay the groundwork for helping students understand the theme and make connections. I also want you to pay attention to the readers word choice and the illustrations throughout the book. After we're done reading I would like to discuss why you think the author chose to write it that way. Draw attention to the authors language/structure. I also want you to be thinking about the theme to this story. Ask childr ...more
Angela Bailey
Title / Author / Publication Date:
Plant a Kiss. / Amy Krouse Rosenthal. / 2011.

Genre: Fiction.

Format: Picturebook - print.

Plot summary:
"Little Miss plants a kiss and, when it finally grows, shares it with everyone she meets" (NoveList).

Considerations or precautions for readers advisory:
gardening, girls, love, kindness, sharing

Review citation:
"A fine starting point for discussions about kindness, generosity, and how every person has the potential to affect big change. Not bad for a book that st
Paul  Hankins
Usually I might say that any book Peter H. Reynolds illustates becomes a Peter H. Reynolds book, but in this case, don't miss the simple verse driven by simple one-word phrases offered by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (she gave us THE OKAY BOOK a couple of years ago).

Sparkles on the page bring the whole of this book about a little girl who plants a kiss and lovingly watches it grow, lovingly brings it to harvest, and loving shares it with the community around her to life.

You won't want to miss adding th
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
What I Thought- This is a really sweet board book. It shows that a little bit of kindness goes a long way. Ms. Rosenthal’s simple rhyme collaborates with Mr. Reynolds’ illustrations to create a nice, warm feeling of love throughout the book. I really enjoy the nice feel of the story, and that it encourages nice conversations between parents and their children. This would be an awesome bedtime story!
*NOTE* I voluntarily read an advance reader copy of this book
Elisabeth
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how Amy Krouse Rosenthal looks at the world and this book was just simple and uplifting and Peter H. Reynolds illustrations were well matched. How do you draw bliss? Reynolds did it well and it's even tactile! I think one of my favorite parts is that Little Miss had to wait for the kiss to sprout - that it took a little time seemed to make it all the more special.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
A young girl plants a kiss, cares for it, and watches it sprout. What will she do with it now?

Lovely illustrations are softly drawn and colored which adds to the warm fuzzy tone of the story. The glittery textured sprouted kiss is fun and very appealing to young readers. It is refreshing to find a "pretty" book that has a real message for children.
John
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy Krouse Roenthal and Peter Reynolds are the perfect team. They are both super positive and often focus on kindness. This will be hit with kindergarten and first grade teachers.

From the dedication page:

"To all of you." -A.K.R.

-"To Kazuyo Watanabe, founder of the Asian Children's Care League--who plants seeds of hope around the world." -P.H.R.
Relyn
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: I love the author.
Shelves: lawsonland
I just love Amy Krouse Rosenthal! She's one of my favorite authors - right up there with Cynthia Rylant. Her books are unfailingly positive and hopeful without being preachy and irritating. It think this one will be great to use with a character lesson on attitude. We reap what we sow, so why not plant kisses?
babyhippoface
I'm a Peter Reynolds fan. I'm an Amy Krouse Rosenthal fan. But I'm not a fan of this book. A rhyming book has to be done very well for me to like it, and I just can't say that about this one. It feels like Rosenthal was trying to use as few words as possible, one per picture, if possible, and it just didn't work for me.

The illustrations are adorable, though, as Reynolds' always are.
Mochizuki
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very simple story, but great message that a small act of kindness or love can have far-reaching effects. The glitter is a big hit with the kiddos. This one is a keeper.
Donalyn
Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Peter H. Reynolds have created magical books separately, but they're an incredible pairing with this sweet book about sharing love.

Casandria
Very cute. A bit esoteric for preschoolers...
Valentine's day
Heidi Pepin
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple and sweet. The illustrations are beautiful and the story, the message behind it, are as well.
Ana
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Two of my favorites in one book? Perfection! Peter Reynolds' illustrations really lend themselves beautifully to Amy Krouse Rosenthal's simple yet incredibly lovely tale.
Sunah Chung
A girl plants a seed on the ground and gives the seed a kiss. She takes care of it day and night, and when the plant grows into a tree shape with lots of glitter, which represents the tree's magical powders. She is eager to share the magical glitters of the tree with others regardless of if they are short, tall, or of a different skin color. After emptying a basket which is full of glitters, she happily says "from one little kiss endless bliss!"
The texts were simple and straightforward when it
Cristal Trujillo
The first thing that I noticed when viewing this book is the style of the font on the cover and occurs throughout the story. It looks like it was written by hand or by a child, giving the book a more playful or youthful feeling. A majority of the illustrations in the book utilize white space by not having backgrounds. By leaving the background white it makes the story more relatable and universal because the audience can imagine their own backyard in the story, or somewhere else they wold go to ...more
Jayme Beck
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plant a Kiss definitely surprised me. I didn't expect to like this book when I saw the cover and title but I was presently surprised. The book starts with a young girl planting a kiss in the ground. With patience the kiss grew into endless bliss. The repetition and rhyme in the book are very catchy and fun to say. The illustrations are also fun and exciting to look at. The illustrations include glitter throughout which gives a texture element to it.
Brandy Burbach
Plant a kiss is a cute book that is super easy to read! It is almost as a poem since everything rhymes to an extent. It is a story of a young girl who planted a seed and kissed it to ensure the plant knows the love she has. By planting this the little girl was able to bring pure happiness to everyone around her no matter what! This is a fun book to read to set of young children and bring a smile to their face.
Sharla Desy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I picked this book because it is an Amy Krouse Rosenthal title that I had never heard of, and because I was looking for books to read to kindergarteners for Valentine's Day. This isn't really a Valentine's book, it's more about treating everyone with loving kindness. The illustrations are charming, and I think this would be a great companion read to If You Plant a Seed.
Christy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One small act of love blooms into something bigger and more dazzling than Little Miss could have ever imagined in this epic journey about life, kindness, and giving.

New York Times bestselling author Amy Krouse Rosenthal and award-winning illustrator Peter H. Reynolds have teamed together for the first time, creating what may soon prove to be a perennial favorite.
Debra
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot possibly put into words how much I love all of Amy Krouse Rosenthal's works. She sure knew how to touch the hearts of all who read her books. This one is such a special book about sharing kindness, love, wonder, magic, and happiness. The joy of sharing in a simple story about a child who does something simple and then gives the beauty away to others. Wow. Simply, wow!
Kelsey
Age: Preschool-1st grade

If you give kindness proper care, consideration, and time, it will grow from something small into something endlessly spreading happiness. An excellent visualization for children to see that you need to put some effort into nurturing kindness but that kindness will spread and positively affect all that interact with it.
Mary
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I generally love Rosenthal and Reynolds. This one has potential tie-ins with poetry units and spring planting. But Kadir Nelson's If You Plant a Seed touches on the same theme and is much more successful for me.
Virginia
A favorite author, a favorite illustrator-- two people whose lives and work have had a profound and joyful impact on my own: this book is a sweet way to think of both. It's also a great book to share with children and even grown-up-children about the power of love!

• Crafty Chloe
  • Rose's Garden
  • Otto the Book Bear
  • Squish Rabbit
  • When Blue Met Egg
  • The Cloud Spinner
  • Little Chicken's Big Day
  • A Pet for Petunia
  • I Don't Want to Be a Pea! (Hugo and Bella, #1)
  • A Leaf Can Be...
  • I Know a Wee Piggy
  • A Home for Bird
  • A Kiss Like This

SHORT BIO:

Amy Krouse Rosenthal was.
She divided her time.

NOT SO SHORT BIO:

Amy Krouse Rosenthal was a person who liked to make things.
Some things she liked to make include:

Children's books. (Little Pea, Spoon, DuckRabbit)
Grown-up books. (Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life)
Short films. (The Beckoning of Lovely, The Money Tree)
Guided journals. (The Belly Book)
Something o