Start by marking “Plant a Kiss Board Book” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Plant a Kiss Board Book

Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Plant a Kiss Board Book

Little Miss planted a kiss. . . .

One small act of love blooms into something bigger and more dazzling than Little Miss could have ever imagined in this epic journey about life, kindness, and giving from New York Times bestselling team Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Peter H. Reynolds.

Now a board book!
Board Book, 36 pages
Published December 22nd 2015 by HarperFestival (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Plant a Kiss Board Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plant a Kiss Board Book

Start your review of Plant a Kiss Board Book
Sarah Sammis
In Plant a Kiss by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, a girl plants a kiss and after patience, frustration and hope, reaps the rewards in the form of a long, sparkly flowering vine.

On the surface it doesn't sound like much, but the choice of words, the rhythmic repetition and Peter H. Reynold's delightful illustrations make this something special. The large amount of white space and the limited vocabulary make this book ideal for beginning readers.

My daughter was immediately drawn to the book both for its ti
Joella
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book, love
I couldn't help myself. When reading this I started reading it out loud. I don't know that I could read this book to myself. The rhythm and rhymes were just so good they had to be experienced out loud. ...more
Kris
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple, sweet story about spreading love and happiness. Great gift for an older child or for story time with a little one.
babyhippoface
I'm a Peter Reynolds fan. I'm an Amy Krouse Rosenthal fan. But I'm not a fan of this book. A rhyming book has to be done very well for me to like it, and I just can't say that about this one. It feels like Rosenthal was trying to use as few words as possible, one per picture, if possible, and it just didn't work for me.

The illustrations are adorable, though, as Reynolds' always are.
Brindi Michele
THE best book I've seen for "planting." Adorable :) ...more
Shiloah
Fair warning, this is a very quick and simple story. That said, it is a sweet and creative one. Loved the illustrations. We love the illustrations and writer.
Kirstin Baker
Plant a kiss- Little Miss finds a way to make people happy. How do people make you happy? Lay the groundwork for helping students understand the theme and make connections. I also want you to pay attention to the readers word choice and the illustrations throughout the book. After we're done reading I would like to discuss why you think the author chose to write it that way. Draw attention to the authors language/structure. I also want you to be thinking about the theme to this story. Ask childr ...more
Angela Bailey
Title / Author / Publication Date:
Plant a Kiss. / Amy Krouse Rosenthal. / 2011.

Genre: Fiction.

Format: Picturebook - print.

Plot summary:
"Little Miss plants a kiss and, when it finally grows, shares it with everyone she meets" (NoveList).

Considerations or precautions for readers advisory:
gardening, girls, love, kindness, sharing

Review citation:
"A fine starting point for discussions about kindness, generosity, and how every person has the potential to affect big change. Not bad for a book that st
Paul  Hankins
Usually I might say that any book Peter H. Reynolds illustates becomes a Peter H. Reynolds book, but in this case, don't miss the simple verse driven by simple one-word phrases offered by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (she gave us THE OKAY BOOK a couple of years ago).

Sparkles on the page bring the whole of this book about a little girl who plants a kiss and lovingly watches it grow, lovingly brings it to harvest, and loving shares it with the community around her to life.

You won't want to miss adding th
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
What I Thought- This is a really sweet board book. It shows that a little bit of kindness goes a long way. Ms. Rosenthal’s simple rhyme collaborates with Mr. Reynolds’ illustrations to create a nice, warm feeling of love throughout the book. I really enjoy the nice feel of the story, and that it encourages nice conversations between parents and their children. This would be an awesome bedtime story!
*NOTE* I voluntarily read an advance reader copy of this book
John
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy Krouse Roenthal and Peter Reynolds are the perfect team. They are both super positive and often focus on kindness. This will be hit with kindergarten and first grade teachers.

From the dedication page:

"To all of you." -A.K.R.

-"To Kazuyo Watanabe, founder of the Asian Children's Care League--who plants seeds of hope around the world." -P.H.R.
Elisabeth
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how Amy Krouse Rosenthal looks at the world and this book was just simple and uplifting and Peter H. Reynolds illustrations were well matched. How do you draw bliss? Reynolds did it well and it's even tactile! I think one of my favorite parts is that Little Miss had to wait for the kiss to sprout - that it took a little time seemed to make it all the more special. ...more
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
A young girl plants a kiss, cares for it, and watches it sprout. What will she do with it now?

Lovely illustrations are softly drawn and colored which adds to the warm fuzzy tone of the story. The glittery textured sprouted kiss is fun and very appealing to young readers. It is refreshing to find a "pretty" book that has a real message for children.
Relyn
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: I love the author.
Shelves: lawsonland
I just love Amy Krouse Rosenthal! She's one of my favorite authors - right up there with Cynthia Rylant. Her books are unfailingly positive and hopeful without being preachy and irritating. It think this one will be great to use with a character lesson on attitude. We reap what we sow, so why not plant kisses? ...more
Debra
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot possibly put into words how much I love all of Amy Krouse Rosenthal's works. She sure knew how to touch the hearts of all who read her books. This one is such a special book about sharing kindness, love, wonder, magic, and happiness. The joy of sharing in a simple story about a child who does something simple and then gives the beauty away to others. Wow. Simply, wow! ...more
Donalyn
Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Peter H. Reynolds have created magical books separately, but they're an incredible pairing with this sweet book about sharing love.

Ana
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Two of my favorites in one book? Perfection! Peter Reynolds' illustrations really lend themselves beautifully to Amy Krouse Rosenthal's simple yet incredibly lovely tale. ...more
Mochizuki
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very simple story, but great message that a small act of kindness or love can have far-reaching effects. The glitter is a big hit with the kiddos. This one is a keeper.
Heidi Pepin
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple and sweet. The illustrations are beautiful and the story, the message behind it, are as well.
Casandria
Very cute. A bit esoteric for preschoolers...
Valentine's day
Sadia Mansoor
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
From one little kiss.... ENDLESS BLISSSSS! <3 <3 <3

Love it ^_^ ..Read about Little Miss's kiss here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wah0j...
Suzanne Kunz Williams
I love how this book illustrates that when we plant something it is with faith, and sometimes when things take a long time to grow it can cause some doubt if they will ever grow. I love how this book shows that giving love brings happiness to everyone.

** Talking Points: What have you planted and grown? What talents have you tried to grow? What attributes have you tried to grow. Should we ever give up hope if we are trying to grow something? If so, when? Should we consult anyone before giving up
Jack & Lily Wills
Loved this - every time I read a book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal I am reminded of what a loss it was that she passed away. Her books are so good.
Gaby
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AKR is the best! Loved the sparse text and the illustrations by Peter H. Reynolds. Can’t wait to read to my first graders and see what they think.
Helena Pereira
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet, this book follows the journey of a little girl's plant and we watch it blossom with her. Using short words and sentences that all rhyme, it creates a fun and entertaining environment that keeps children engaged with the story. What I loved about this book was the focus on kindness that giving and sharing promotes, which is what each child should be taught at such a young age. Those are important values that will follow them through life and this book does the perfect job of demo ...more
YUE SHI
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the book Plant a Kiss, the author used brief words and blank paper to show the little girl's plant of a kiss. She waters, waits, pouts and finally shoots.
The cover of the book is Whit with the pink words of "Plant a Kiss" and a little girl sowed golden seeds that mean hope. I really like the painting style of this book, simple but dynamic. I think this is very suitable for children who are just beginning to read, simple but full of fun and power. Will make a child's day is beautiful.
Megan
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book suits the reading level of early readers. However, it is lacking a bit in the story itself. There is the linear story of her watering and growing the kiss she planted, but the result is unclear. The illustrations are more minimal and do not take up the majority of the pages which could draw the readers eye to pay more attention to the words.
Riley Carey
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little Miss planted a kiss by kissing the soil she was tending to in a garden. She waits and waits until finally one day it sprouts into a fountain of kisses. She then takes these and spreads them throughout the town. Giving them to anyone and everyone, eventually she runs out. When she returns to where she planted the kiss, she finds that it has sprouted even more and there are endless amounts of kisses to go around.

The theme of this story is that acts of love and kindness spread into something
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
One day a little girl, Little Miss, plants a kiss. She does everything she needs to do, giving it water, love and sunshine. But this kiss doesn't sprout right away. She waits and waits, sleeping by it through the night. Then, suddenly, it finally sprouts!

I think this has to be one of the cutest, sweetest, touching, loving children's books I have ever read. The vast, important, and even heavy message is conveyed in simple words; the illustrations blow me away with every turn of the page. I honest
Patricia Mckelvy

• Because
  • Woke: A Young Poet's Call to Justice
  • All the Ways to be Smart

SHORT BIO:

Amy Krouse Rosenthal was.
She divided her time.

NOT SO SHORT BIO:

Amy Krouse Rosenthal was a person who liked to make things.
Some things she liked to make include:

Children's books. (Little Pea, Spoon, DuckRabbit)
Grown-up books. (Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life)
Short films. (The Beckoning of Lovely, The Money Tree)
Guided journals. (The Belly Book)
Something o