Start by marking “The Mediterranean Family Table: 125 Simple, Everyday Recipes Made with the Most Delicious and Healthiest Food on Earth” as Want to Read:

Tutti a tavola—All to the table with this bounty of Mediterranean recipes to try, savor, and gather around

To help his patients improve their health, Dr. Angelo Acquista began "prescribing" them recipes for nutritious and flavorful home-cooked meals prepared with ingredients key to the Mediterranean diet. The Mediterranean Family Table combines his medical experience and
Published November 10th 2015 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published October 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Mediterranean Family Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mediterranean Family Table

Start your review of The Mediterranean Family Table: 125 Simple, Everyday Recipes Made with the Most Delicious and Healthiest Food on Earth
Debbie
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Absolutely a wonderful resource for me, as a start eating more Mediterranean - doctor's orders. The opening chapters talk about the author's childhood, his family's way of life, the studies behind the medical community's support of the Mediterranean diet, how to encourage kids to eat more variety, and what nutrients the diet can offer to people in their various stages of life.

Of course, it's a recipe book, though. After the background, there are chapters on how to pick good produce and meats
Tracy
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-cookbooks
I skimmed through the first section of the book since I've read about mediterranean diets before. I'm also pescetarian, so I ignored the last section of recipes. I only found 10 recipes I'd like to try, mostly non-lettuce salads. The layout of the book is attractive, and the concept seems helpful for someone with kids or older parents they're trying to take care of.
Laura K Hunter
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great variety of healthy recipes

Also there was information about nutrition for different age groups and cooking tips. This author was recommended to me by a dietitian.
Heather
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I really like that this book was co - written by a medical doctor.
Melissa
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, baking-cooking
I haven't tried these recipes yet, but this is one of the better Mediterranean books I have picked up lately. I will look at it again soon.
Jane Schwarz
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book is one of eating fresh,easy to prepare foods. More fruits, vegetables,nuts, fish and lean poultry and less processed foods, snacks and red meat. It not only has recipes but gives a basic primer on how eating Mediterranean can reduce health problems and up energy levels.There are suggestions from birth to seniors showing what is beneficial to eat at each stage of life. It shows how to select, store and prepare foods and the recipes themselves come with notations for babies, kids and ...more
Nicola
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
There's not much new here, but I did enjoy learning about a few more Mediterranean recipes that I'd like to try. I would recommend the book for anyone just dipping their toe in the salty, oily, crusty, fishy, legume-y world of cooking from around that ancient sea. The Mediterranean pantry details will be of great value to newbies.
Kathleen
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Written by an italian physician who likes to cook. The first 40 % is convincing of why to eat Mediterranean which I already am as a nurse. His recipes sound good and aren't that hard so would like to try some of his suggestions. Meat is very limited in a mediterranean diet but not eliminated which I like.
Wallis Chan
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Another lovely book from Dr. Acquista. The author tapped into his Italian roots and created a book that's both practical and educational. There are time-saving tips for everyday working folks like me, and recipes for all ages.
Jeanne
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it
If you have already heard about the Mediterranean Diet and know anything about cholesterol and fat, then this book may be a repeat. The first half of the book is about fat, cholesterol and diet. Too few recipes. A Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you.

Joe
Debbie
Apr 28, 2019
Rebecca Kay
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good, practical read on a journey to better habits.
ADRIANA ZALINA
« previous 1 3 next »

• I'm Just Here for the Food: Food + Heat = Cooking
  • Mastering the Art of French Cooking
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family
  • The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making
  • Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London's Ottolenghi
  • The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science
  • Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals
  • Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
  • The Taste of Home Cookbook
  • Plenty
  • Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier
  • A Nun in the Closet
  • Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes
  • The Christmas Surprise (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #3)
  • Everything Changes