Start by marking “I Love You Already!” as Want to Read:
I Love You Already!

I Love You Already!

(Bear & Duck #2)

From the award-winning creators of Goodnight Already!, Come Home Already!, and All Right Already!

Bear can't wait to spend a pleasant day by himself. But his persistent next-door neighbor, Duck, wants to take a morning stroll . . . with Bear.

He just wants Bear to like him already. . .

Jory John, author of Penguin Problems and The Bad Seed, and Benji Davies, creator of The St
Published December 22nd 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about I Love You Already!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You Already!

Cat
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
This book is the story of the life in which I am the duck and my husband is the bear.
Morgan
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"Ahh, I really love spending lazy weekend mornings around my house."

"Ahhhhhh. Perfect. I have everything I need to spend a pleasant day by myself."

"I like quiet time by myself. If you need me, I'll be relaxing by that tree."

I AM BEAR. BEAR IS ME. BEAR 4 PRESIDENT.
Cheryl
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Genius. Not a spectacular story (but a very good one, well-told), not amazing art (but vibrant, expressive, and apt), but the premise is a perfect fit for so many avid readers (and other ppl) that this ought to be a runaway hit.

Of course you, my friends, know that I am a Bear. I really could use a Duck in my life, but my family are all Bears, too. Maybe I'll meet a Duck when I move into a senior housing campus.

And there's an earlier book about these two? I definitely want to check it out!
La Coccinelle
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I'm not sure what to make of this one. It's basically the age-old battle between introvert and extrovert. There's nothing wrong with the two types being friends, of course, but Duck's single-mindedness is kind of off-putting. He doesn't get the cues from Bear, and simply will not take "no" for an answer. All Bear wants to do is spend some quiet time alone, but there's Duck, quacking in his ear and being a general nuisance. When Duck suggests that Bear doesn't like him much, Bear reassures him th ...more
KC
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh
Jaclyn Preciado
Jan 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
No means NO. This book (and this series) teaches kids that is you’re persistent that no can mean yes. Rejection is a part of life and young kids should learn about consent not that we should badger our friends (partners, family members, etc) until they give in. Duck and Bears friendship is a really twisted take on friendship.
Abigail
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Bear and Duck / Readers Searching for Humorous Picture-Books
Shelves: picture-books
That 'odd couple' pair of friends, Bear and Duck, who first appeared in author Jory John and illustrator Benji Davies' Goodnight Already! , return in this hilarious follow-up, as Duck attempts to rouse his ursine friend from a day of solitude, and get him to go on a walk with him. Unfortunately for Duck, Bear had been looking forward to a day by himself, and doesn't react with great enthusiasm to his anatine friend's many conversational forays. When Duck is injured (entirely through his own pes ...more
Erin Murray
Lovelt sequel to Goodnight Already! with the duck and bear making an appearance again, another funny and excellent book by John. I look forward to reading some others
Kelly
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This very humorous book is about duck and bear, who are best friends. All bear wants to do is spend a quiet morning alone, but duck keeps bugging him to go for a walk.

This would be a great book for a storytime.
Melissa McAlvey
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, picture-books
This series is the best. We love love love them.
Apatricia
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
this was very cute
Dna
What an excellent read! I read this in a storytime this morning for the first time and it had me and the kids laughing and wondering what would happen on the next page. The grumpy bear really resonated with the (somewhat) grumpy kids. There's some great repetition in the book (the bear saying "No" to a Duck's offers to play, explore, etc) and the kids were all shouting out the nos in line with the story. SO GOOD. I will definitely read this one again. The second book I read was This Book Will No ...more
Marie
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've now read this book approximately 248 times, and I didn't like it at the first reading. The things we do for our children...

Speaking of the things we do for our children: I thought it would help Joe to understand the plot if I did funny voices for each of the characters. So now not only do I have to read it nearly every night, I have to read it with voices and drama.

Why don't I like it? Duck is basically a stalker, yo. He shows up at Bear's house early in the morning, after he's already spen
Courtney
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how this book made me giggle! I love reading picture books and am always on the lookout for great new read alouds for the students that I teach. “I Love You Already” is such a cute story and will appeal to all ages as everybody can relate to either Bear (who just wants to spend some quiet time alone) or Duck (who just wants to talk, talk, talk, and do, do do). This playful and perfectly illustrated book can kick start a conversation on the differences between introversion and extroversion. I ...more
Margie
A little more than one year ago readers were introduced to a bear who prefers to be alone and his noisy, nosy neighbor, a duck, in Goodnight Already! The mismatched friends have returned in I Love You Already! (Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, December 22, 2015) written by Jory John with illustrations by Benji Davies. One glimpse at Bear's face (the deer caught in the headlight look) and we know some things (or a bear and a duck) never change. For those of you who believe in the po ...more
Jillian
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm developing a deep love for Duck and Bear. Mostly Bear. (Poor Bear!)
Fantastic way to talk to kids about how sometimes it's okay to want to be by yourself, and how two people can be together, not talking, and still be friends.
Rebecca
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bear and Duck are wonderfully opposite in an introvert/extrovert (or is it adult and child?) way, in this fun readaloud in which Duck takes a page from Mo Willems' Pigeon. Don't worry, Bear. I too like quiet weekend mornings with a stack of books and tea.
Bridget
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
would be a great Valentine's day story time read
Liza Nahas
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute friendship story that relates how one does not have to spend every minute with someone to show love. Would work on a parent-to-child level, too.
Kazia
Jul 11, 2016 added it
Shelves: picturebooks
Wow do I identify with Bear.
Sharni
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bear <3
Dan
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a fun read aloud!
Sandy
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, animals
This book is my favorite of the Jory John books I've read so far. It's about a bear who just wants to spend the day by himself doing his favorite things. I understand completely, I feel the same as Bear. But there is Duck. He lives just next door and wants to do everything with Bear. Duck is worried that Bear doesn't like him and Bear has to reassure him that he in fact loves him already. I love the illustrations. The faces Bear makes is hilarious, especially when Duck knocks on Bears door. That ...more
Nancy
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a story of one being harassing another. It should written on a napkin and shredded. Instead it is a picture book?? It makes me queasy. THE BEAR SAID LEAVE ME ALONE. Why for god's sake do you (JORY JOHN and HARPER COLLINS) think it is important to package as cute the fact that Duck does not take Bear's very respectful "no"?? This is an unpleasant thoughtless pile of dysfunctional tropes. (Including the illustrations -- the straw hat with ears poking out?) Makes me feel downright humorless ...more
Chris Hays
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is not a 5-star teaching book, but a 5-star life book. As I have grown older, I find myself more like bear and less like duck. However, I still consider myself a little extroverted and duck like. Still as I am older, I appreciate those times of peace and quiet, when I want to just answer, 'No' to every question that is probably leading me down a path of health and goodness. Decent artwork and realistic pacing makes this book a winner for me.
Bev
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor Bear! He really wants to spend some quiet time on his own chilling out but his best friend, needy Duck has other plans and he is dragged out for a morning walk. The interaction between these two opposite personalities is very funny, and I can empathise with both of them, being an extrovert who has introvert tendencies!. Bear’s patience is lovely, and shows that sometimes you do things you don’t particularly want to do to make someone you love happy.
Sharon
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
I love this book. Benji Davies' illustrations are colorful, humorous and engaging! All bear wants, is to spend a nice, relaxing day at home. All his friend duck wants, is to take a stroll with his friend bear. Just as in "Goodnight Already"...this story has a repeating word, as bear answers ducks constant questioning. A word that kids will love to repeat with the reader! The story has a fun progression that tells a tale of love between two unlikely friends.
Christina Reid
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A vibrant, fun picture book about how people can like different things yet still be friends. This s the kind of book that I would have read to my nursery class to start a discussion about how to read other people's signals and how to find a compromise if you and your friend have very different interests.
Courtney
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
My children love these little books. They thoroughly enjoy each and every story, as if they are all unique and individual without any cause for similarity among them. Even though sometimes, they might seem tedious and repetitive to me as a parent, I do enjoy being able to read short-stories to my children that are clean and respective.
Anna
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great illustrations and an alright story. I love the bear. If I was that bear I would be so annoyed with that duck and probably would have ended up yelling at the duck. The bear has more patient than me. I would have liked the story to be longer, but the ending did make me chuckle me a bit. I think children would enjoy this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Duck, Duck, Moose!
  • Who Wants a Hug?
  • Nugget and Fang: Friends Forever--or Snack Time?
  • Where is Bear?
  • Room for Bear
  • Hotel Bruce
  • Brimsby's Hats
  • My Pillow Keeps Moving
  • 100 Things That Make Me Happy
  • Smick!
  • I Am Not a Chair!
  • Bear and Squirrel Are Friends . . . Yes, Really!
  • Bunny's Book Club
  • Mustache Baby Meets His Match
  • The Blobfish Book
  • Tea Party Rules
  • It Came in the Mail
  • I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)

Bear & Duck (4 books)