Start by marking “Mighty Truck (Mighty Truck #1)” as Want to Read:
Mighty Truck (Mighty Truck #1)

Mighty Truck

(Mighty Truck #1)

Clarence was just an ordinary truck until one fateful day when an unplanned trip through a strange truck wash changed him. Foomp, his tires pumped up, and vroom, his engine revved, and

Ka-Boom!

muddy old Clarence transformed into the mighty-fast, mighty-strong, mighty-awesome Mighty Truck! With his laser-bright headlights and turbo speed, Mighty Truck can take on any
Published March 29th 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Mighty Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mighty Truck

Start your review of Mighty Truck (Mighty Truck #1)
Michele Knott
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Earlier this year I read the book Supertruck by Stephen Savage. I loved the heart of the story.
Here's another book that has heart, fun and a great story. Can't wait to own my own copy and share with readers!
Look for it March 2016!
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Cross-posted from the reviewer's personal Goodreads account:

Barton, Chris Mighty Truck, illustrated by Troy Cummings PICTURE BOOK. Harper Collins, 2016. $17.99. Content: G.

Lisa
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clarence the truck is always getting dirty. One day, while in the car wash, lightning strikes and Clarence becomes Mighty Truck helping friends, rescuing cats and saving the day. No one recognizes him because of his amazing transformation, but lightning strikes again, just in time - because Clarence prefers to be dirty and to NOT have super powers.

This is a great picturebook for the monster truck lover. Large colorful pictures, lots of things to point at, and a great story that keeps the reader
Alex Furlong
This book tells the story of a car that gains superpowers. I believe for parents, it is crucial they encourage children to 'read between the lines' and find the true meaning of this story. While the plot includes the car owner not wanting him to get dirty (even though he loves it), the meaning of the story is that we should not always take pride in our accomplishments. After doing his good deeds, he does not take credit for them because he transforms back into his regular self and stays humble. ...more
Chelsea Radojcic
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
If you have a toddler who loves anything wheels, this is the book for you. I have a two and a half year old that I nanny who loves this book. And if you are a little bit geeky and into comic book style super hero stories, you just may also enjoy reading this to your little munchkin. This book is cheesy and cute and I loved it. Filled with dorky lovable puns and ridiculous action. It is a great book to read to a kid who doesnt enjoy baths 😆 ...more
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nobody recognizes Clarence the truck when he has the mud washed off him, so he takes on the superhero identity of "Mighty Truck" and does daring deeds. I think truck fans will like this just because there's a truck in it. I think it tried to accomplish too much in one story (all of a sudden he has laser welding vision, and can fly because his wheels are super inflated...which lost me a bit).
Kara LeNoir
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book about Clarence, a truck who likes to get dirty but develops super powers in the shower, to my 16-month-old. He has never been more excited to read a book. He loved the illustrations of all the trucks and the sound effects that the trucks made sprinkled throughout the story. I enjoyed his reaction and the story itself. Definitely recommend for any little person who loves trucks!
Katie Bruff
In "Mighty Truck," there is a dirty work truck named Clarence that goes through a car wash. When the truck goes through the car wash, it ends up getting super powers. This ends up being a good thing because he saves his friends from danger with these super powers. Children enjoy these types of books because it interests them and keeps them entertained.
Viviane Elbee
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Kids loved this story and voted to give it five stars. Its got trucks, a kind, helpful superhero, and dirt.

The hero is refreshingly down-to-earth and humble - he decides to do his good deeds incognito- and thats worth discussing with the kids.

Colorful, fun artwork.
Jess
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
December 2016 - Ben loves this one because a) monster trucks and b) superpowers. I find the text awkward to read aloud, and I anticipate the truck's disappointment when the next visit to the carwash does not yield super powers. Meh.
Eliot Reads
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet book! An electrifying car wash transforms Clarence, a dirty pickup truck, into an extraordinary, mighty, monster truck superhero who saves the day.
Larry
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
My two-year-old grandson, mad for vehicles, had broadened my reading. Nice illustrations; transformative story. I've read it five times.
Mariah Blair
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I expected to like this book more than I did. It wasn't great. I didn't care for the choice of words or the story overall. My 4 year old truck lover enjoyed Clarence and his adventures though.
Marcie
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great series for the preschool and beginning reader set. Superhero vehicle - nice combination. Glad to see they didn't shy away from vocabulary like "opinion".
Lucy
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute illustrations - a current favorite with the kid.
Michael Park
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
My son enjoyed this one very much. Read multiple times, fun and action packed.
Samantha
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
A superhero story in which an ordinary truck saves the day all the while disguised as a super-clean mighty truck.

Clarence really likes getting dirty, but his boss encourages him to clean himself up, which secretly unlocks superhero powers. Clarence helps out in a variety of ways, but is still able to remain anonymous after he ends up just as dirty as he began the book due to all his good deed work.

A little longer than Supertruck by Savage, but very similar if looking for a read-alike. PreK-2.
Sandra Guerfi
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The little truck in this story doesn't mind getting dirty when he's having so much fun but it seems others have a different opinion. When he goes to the car wash during a thunder and lightning storm he's suddenly transformed into Mighty Truck, superhero to all. Follow his adventures as he helps save others. Interesting look at the superhero in us all.
Margaret Boling
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A delightful picture book about a truck that finds his superpowers. I had the pleasure of reading this book at my local library - the word play, rhythms, and repetition made this a natural read aloud. I also appreciated that the truck didn't look for recognition after he performed his super tasks. The illustrations add to the character of the trucks - making them distinct from each other.
Miss Sarah
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This made me laugh out loud. Mighty truck works so hard he's always dirty and hates to get clean. One day he does and helps out many neighbors. Will he stay clean or not? Cute Toddler and up. Although right group of toddlers.
Lindsey G
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was an average truck/superhero picture book. My four year old truck lover thought it was good. For me, the language was nothing stellar, especially the inclusion of, like, the kind of talk I'm trying to discourage in my children!
Chelsea
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Any child who likes books about trucks or superheros will get a kick out of this book! Dirty trucks, clean trucks, trucks who turn into superheros; I do not believe there is anything else a truck loving child could want! "Help is only a wash away."
Bethe
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bookaday 70. Fun super hero story with a little pickup truck and friends on a quest for donuts. Was I the only one expecting glazed donuts?
Kimberly
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
We loved it. Being clean made this truck a superhero. The illustrations are fabulous.
Jenn C
For any kid who was a fan of "Cars", this would be right up their alley. Very comic book-like in it's illustrations, it's not my cup of tea, but any superhero relishing kid would enjoy it.
Heather Jo
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Becca Lehew
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Not really my cup of tea, but I can see my younger readers scrambling to read about this silly superhero!
Elizabeth
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-jp
Cute
Kimberly
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
To be honest, I thought this one was kind of stupid. But if I were a four-year-old who loved trucks, this book would be awesome.
Christine
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: superhero
Fun scenarios, clever ongoing joke about donuts

• Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete
  • Leaves
  • Fox & Chick: The Party: and Other Stories
  • There’s a Monster in Your Book
  • Llama Llama Loves to Read
I'm the author of picture books including bestseller Shark vs. Train, Sibert Honor-winning The Day-Glo Brothers, and Whoosh! Lonnie Johnson's Super-Soaking Stream of Inventions, which was included on 19 state reading lists.

My recent titles include the Mighty Truck early reader series, Dazzle Ships: World War I and the Art of Confusion (an Orbis Pictus Honor book), and What Do You Do with a Voice

Mighty Truck (5 books)
  • Mighty Truck: Muddymania! (Mighty Truck #2)
  • Mighty Truck: The Traffic Tie-Up (Mighty Truck #3)
  • Mighty Truck on the Farm (Mighty Truck #4)
  • Mighty Truck: Zip and Beep (Mighty Truck #5)