Start by marking “The Pirate Who's Back in Bunny Slippers (Shivers!, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pirate Who's Back in Bunny Slippers (Shivers!, #2)

The Pirate Who's Back in Bunny Slippers

(Shivers! #2)

Shivers, the scaredy-est pirate to ever sail the Seven Seas, is back. Comic book–like illustrations in each chapter bring Shivers to life and invite even the most reluctant readers to join the adventure. Perfect for fans of such series as Stick Dog, Big Nate, Dork Diaries, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

This time, Shivers must set sail again to get his beloved ship, the Land Lad
Published February 23rd 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate Who's Back in Bunny Slippers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate Who's Back in Bunny Slippers

Pop Bop
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Slightly Demented, Antic Fun

I wasn't entirely sure about this because the whole pretend-pirate thing felt like it could get too precious. I was pleased to see, though, that the authors knew exactly how to take the silliness right up to the edge and then back off and stay on the rails.

Shivers is a pirate kid, bunny slippers and all. He is afraid of almost everything, (get it? - "Shivers"), but that doesn't keep him from adventuring. His first mate, actually "fishmate", is a goldfish. His best pal
Michelle
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
My Review:
I don’t even know where to start, Shivers is one of the most fantastic characters I have ever had the pleasure of reading. He is so adorable and in a complete panic. I can’t get enough of him and plan to grab every shivers books that comes out. Shivers is back and in Bunny Slippers, he is being called out by the Mayor to help get the torch back that was stolen in the last book. Only problem is Shivers has no idea where it is and the Mayor just stole his boat house. Shivers doesn’t do
The Book Girl (Andrea)
May 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I understand I am not the target audience for this book, but an 8-year-old, wouldn't like this book, and he is the target audience. He left before the book finished. That's pretty bad.

I don't even know what aspect to write about first. The main character in this wild book is Shivers; he is an adorable pirate, one of the best pirates I have ever read about. He is always in a panic, and he is cute. I can't get enough of him, which was very surprising. He is the only reason why I didn't quit readi
Xing Zhi
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: grl-upper-pri, mb-ok
This book reads like an episode of the Fairly Oddparents. The way Shivers reacts and responds to things, the way everyone in this story works, it's really very cartoony. The illustrations just help reinforce this fact.

It does take a reader who doesn't like TV cartoons much some effort to push through, but ultimately it should be good for reluctant readers who enjoy Nickelodeon type cartoons.
PWRL
Aug 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2016-new
SM
Carissa
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
awesome sequel. More laugh-out-loud humor, more shenanigans, love Shivers the Pirate so much!
Shannon
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 is B's rating.
It was not my favorite book but as long as he enjoyed listening, I enjoyed reading it to him!
Heather Jo
Apr 14, 2018
Tara
Nov 11, 2017 added it
Shelves: kid-reads
Such a funny book. I laughed a lot whole reading it to my toddler.
Jenn Brooks
Oct 03, 2018
xiang han
Feb 15, 2018

Shivers! (2 books)
  • The Pirate Who's Afraid of Everything (Shivers!, #1)