Start by marking “Quest Maker (The Last Dragon Charmer #2)” as Want to Read:
Quest Maker (The Last Dragon Charmer #2)

Quest Maker

(The Last Dragon Charmer #2)

The second book in the epic Last Dragon Charmer series is perfect for fans of Soman Chainani's School for Good and Evil series and Chris Colfer's Land of Stories series.

When mysterious magic transported Prince Caden from the Greater Realm to seemingly normal Asheville, North Carolina, he was shocked to discover it was home to the most dangerous villains ever banished from
Published February 2nd 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Quest Maker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quest Maker

Start your review of Quest Maker (The Last Dragon Charmer #2)
Ms. Yingling
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Copy received from the author

Caden is still stranded in Asheville, N.C., and he and his friends Tito and Brynne are worried when they see flashes in the sky that look like a banishing spell. Is someone else from the Greater Realm being sent to deal with Ms. Primrose, the dragon in charge of Caden's school? They later find that Caden's brother, Jasan, has arrived, and they aren't quite sure what his purpose is. Caden is too busy with his quest for Ms. Primrose to investigate; the school has had a
Bee
Quite The Novel Idea ~ Words from the Clouds

Quest Maker is the second book in the Last Dragon Charmer series. I read the first book - Villain Keeper - last week and I enjoyed it very much. It was a lot of fun! So I went into this book, expecting the same thing. And I'm happy to say that's what I got. Quest Maker ended up being a very solid sequel that I very much enjoyed reading.

In Quest Maker, Caden is still trapped in Asheville, home to the most dangerous villains ever banished from his ho
Maberan Potato
Ugh there are so many problems with this I don't know where to begin!

Well first I should probably say why I read middle-grade books... IT'S BECAUSE I DO. I believe that children are smart and deserve stories that older people can enjoy. Sure, don't throw adult themes like renovation talk *shivers* but death and other serious consequences and that the world =/= black and white?? GO FOR IT MAN.

So the thing that annoys me the most is that this fails at its premise. For those who forgot, this is the
Miss Clark
Liz
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for the middle schooler that enjoys fantasy. It is filled with lots of action, a bit of humor and interesting characters. The fast paced plot is inventive and original and doesn't require that the prior book in the series be read first. A good recommend for the tween that likes to read.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.
Pratyu
SO LIT!
BEST BOOK EVER!
2 DIE FOR!
Demoness Tenebrae
*I received a copy of this book from the author through Goodreads giveaways in an exchange for an honest review

I have to say that this book brought back some good memories and a nostalgic feeling of how excited and happy and engrossed into the story I have been while reading fantasy books when I was a kid and even a teenager. It has that innocent tone to it that you lose as you grow older. Absolutely wonderful experience.

I recommend this book to everyone, especially to those that feel young at
Sandy  Ball
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I LOVE this book! Book one in the Last Dragon Charmer series, Villain Keeper, set the scene and Quest Maker delivers on continuing a riveting plot without bogging us down. Meaning that you can pick up book two and not be confused but you really do want to read book one as well if you have not.

Quest Maker is one of those book where you keep telling yourself, "just one more page, just let me get them to this point"..and before you know it you're at the end. I am going to be so sad to leave these d
Mark Buxton
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying this series very much. The author does a marvelous job of blending the issues from the Greater Realm with the mortal world in a way that makes it almost believable. Caden always tells his foster mother the truth about the evil staff at the school, but of course she never believes him. He finds evidence of spells being cast but then gets grounded for breaking into the school. Despite being a prince and future knight, Caden's character can't read English very well and does poorly in s ...more
Tim Gray
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Got this book as a Goodreads giveaway. This book contains charming innocence, and a sense of evil and danger - it's a deftly done young adult story of an exiled prince, in a school the is both modern, and distinctly not. I note it's book 2, and I haven't read one yet, but it's possible to read and follow it on it's own. The magic is particulalry nicely handled - especially the unexpected magic items - well worth a go.
Whimseas
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fun and exciting second installment to this great trilogy The Last Dragon Charmer. Mystery and surprise set the pace with the addition of a new character. The stakes get even higher and the risks greater for Caden and company as he tries to fulfill his quest, saves some lives and stay in school. And all the while looking for a way home. The dry humor still abounds along with fast paced action and of course enough angst to make you say "Oh, dear" right out loud.

Ross Wetzel
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good continuation of the series. Introduces some new characters while exploring older ones more in depth. I myself found Caden's schitck more tiring in this book than the last. Story is moving along nicely and I'm interested to see the resolution.
Orren
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great second book in the trilogy. I can't wait to find out how it ends in book three.
Sam
Jun 21, 2016
Maryellen
Jan 05, 2017
Kafeinuhai
Jan 03, 2016
ShaylaZero
rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2016
Jul 21, 2015
Faith Lover
Jan 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Geeks and the Holy Grail (The Camelot Code #2)
  • Sam Saves the Night (SleepWakers, #1)
  • Story Thieves (Story Thieves #1)
  • Me, Myself & Bob: A True Story about God, Dreams, and Talking Vegetables
  • The Lost Stone of SkyCity
  • Conceal, Don't Feel
  • A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #1)
  • The Portal (Tangled in Time, #1)
  • Searching for Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #2)
  • House of Blades (Traveler's Gate, #1)
  • Of Giants and Ice (The Ever Afters #1)
  • Of Witches and Wind (The Ever Afters #2)
  • DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Mirage (Above World, #2)
  • Horizon (Above World, #3)
  • The Bronze Key (Magisterium,  #3)
  • The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series, #1)
  • The Pursuit of God
Laurie McKay lives in Durham, NC, with her family and two elderly dogs. She earned her bachelor's degree in biology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her master's degree in biological oceanography from North Carolina State University. She's taught at the Chesapeake Bay Governor's School for Marine and Environmental Science and in the North Carolina community college system. ...more

The Last Dragon Charmer (3 books)
  • Villain Keeper (The Last Dragon Charmer #1)
  • Realm Breaker (The Last Dragon Charmer, #3)

News & Interviews