Start by marking “#AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness” as Want to Read:

The New York Times bestselling author draws from his popular show #AskGaryVee to offer surprising, often outrageous, and imminently useful and honest answers to everything you’ve ever wanted to know—and more—about navigating the new world.

Gary Vaynerchuk—the inspiring and unconventional entrepreneur who introduced us to the concept of crush it—knows how to get things done,
Published March 8th 2016 by HarperBusiness

To ask other readers questions about #AskGaryVee, please sign up.
Philip Goodwillie I'm currently reading this book #askgaryvee, however i've just finished reading Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, that was a great book! all about how to market…moreI'm currently reading this book #askgaryvee, however i've just finished reading Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, that was a great book! all about how to market yourself through social media and the break down of each platform, and how to take advantage of it. These tatics would also work for people that aren't into the whole business marketing thing and just doing it for their own ego, for example, trying to get as many followers as possible. I have been told by a friend that Crush it is also a great book, i'll read that book next.(less)
Bilal Hameed Question. I a new but a huge fan of him and I've heard his podcasts quite often. And I want to buy his books. Do his earlier books offer different…moreQuestion. I a new but a huge fan of him and I've heard his podcasts quite often. And I want to buy his books. Do his earlier books offer different materials or its mostly this and other irrelevant stuff. Im asking if I should read his earlier work of just stick to this. (less)

Troy Blackford
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed Gary Vaynerchuk's books, despite (or perhaps because of) taking them with a huge grain of salt. I'm not saying he's full of doggy doo, because I don't think he is. But I do have to wonder if hearing a successful business leader telling us why they think they became successful is as helpful to others as many readers might hope. This book is very entertaining, as this guy is definitely a character. But many people might be reading this so that they can 'super power their busine ...more
Yodamom
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, sales
4.5
Good short bits on Gary's take on business life and more. There is something for everyone in these pages. I admire his direct approach to life/business, his honesty and his drive, and enjoyed almost every part of the book. Yes, there were chapters that dealt with things in life I have zero interest in, so I shimmied through them. Even with dancing through, not paying much attention I think something stuck, I've been thinking about investing, weird.
I was not a GaryVee-fangirl before reading t
Tony Jr.
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
This book turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would. Gary gave excellent straight-forward advice on many different subjects such as: leadership, company culture, building a business, the power of gratitude, legacy, providing value for your customers, Facebook ads, Instagram, the future of social media, self confidence, parenting and much more. I really enjoyed this book.

***Get the audio book version. He went off script many times updating and sometimes completely changing answers he
Jeffrey Cohan
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
No one is going to accuse Gary Vaynerchuk of being an intellectual. By his own admission, he has read fewer than 10 books himself in his entire life.

Nevertheless, as a source of advice and inspiration for entrepreneurs, his writing is far more valuable than most of what you’ll find in the Harvard Business Review.

If you can get past his bluster and the book’s rapid-fire question-and-answer format, you’ll find a fair amount of worthwhile material about marketing, business development, customer rel
Wiebke (1book1review)
What a surprise read. For someone who hadn't heard of Gary Vaynerchuck apart from an appearance on "30 Days of Genius" I was utterly impressed by the audiobook. It was a combination of the topics discussed, the enthusiasm and authenticity of the author/narrator and also the context he provided. I recommend listening to the audiobook, since he changed some of the answers to the show and book, but also because I could things into a much better context hearing him answer himself than just reading t ...more
Akshay Parakkote
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After one of the greatest show online #askgaryvee the book is mind blowing as I expected and the greatest thing about Gary's books are nothing but the Audiobooks , how he goes off script to go deep on something and also to show you on how things changed even after the book is written and that makes us understand how rapidly the world is changing every single day.

The most admired entrepreneur shares his view on almost everything in this book which is completely agreeable and the fact that if it b
Mike Maginot
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Because of the timely nature of this book, get to it soon. If you come to it later on, you will still find core content on many of the topics discussed, but it's likely that many of the media platforms that Gary Vaynerchuk mentions will have evolved into something completely different or faded away. Audiobook content differs from published book since the author prefers to responds to the questions spontaneously instead of reading from the text. Audiobook listeners will get the added benefit of V ...more
Will Jr.
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every entrepreneur should read this book. Easy to digest and covers a lot of topics. Awesome, honest mindset from the extremely passionate garyvee!
Keshav Bhatt
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and got a lot from it, in the quickest way possible. As you always get with Gary. I love Gary's content, and everything he practices & preaches. It's easy to underestimate the kind of integrity it requires to be the character he is and I believe the message he is sharing is one that needs to be heard by many. Above all that - no matter your circumstance, disadvantage, story, etc - there is one thing you can control & should master: your work ethic & mindset ...more
Agne
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[audiobook] More than 5 stars. I'm not an entrepreneur and have no real entrepreneurial spirit, but I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Number one for me - his heart seems to be in the right place and he is not afraid to admit it.

Key assets:
*honesty
*clarity
*variety
*pace

"Provide 51% of the value in a relationship."
Michael Carter
May 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
A collection of brief, superficial answers to a miscellaneous collection of questions. I found no insights or value here, other than it’s a clever (time-efficient) way to publish a book — that is, by having a subeditor compile your various social media posts into a book. If you have any experience in business or modern marketing you won’t find anything actionable here.
Sotiris Makrygiannis
I stopped this book at 30% , reason? I dont like to hear the word fuck in a book. Maybe in a podcast but in an 11 hours book, fuck off mother is not what I want to hear. He is good, no doubt but the book is not up to my quality standards.
Prosper Filipe
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of Gary, I've listend to at least a hundred episodes of the AskGaryVee show, therefore I had to check out the book. There are a lot of valuable insights in this book, due to its personal style (a lot is about Gary Vee's journey) it's written more like a novel. Novels are not my favorite kind of books. I like to emerge myself in a topic when reading a book to possibly trigger a paradigm shift, due to its scattered style of different topics (each chapter) without a red line connectin ...more
I.C. Robledo
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
"Here's the one universal rule I would try to teach everyone: Depth matters more than width. That is, the smallest, meaningful intentional act will mean much more than a huge one that lacks intent or substance." - Gary Vee

Keep your focus and go DEEP (not wide). Don't try to be everything to everyone, and to be the best at everything. Find what you are good at, and do that. Engage with the customers that come to you in a deep way, not with automated messages and lackluster encouragement. I find m
David Fish
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gary Vee cuts out the bull (no feel good, self-help mumbo jumbo), and gives what every entrepreneur needs to hear. He discusses a HUGE range of topics that were all at some point asked by people on his youtube show, hence "#AskGaryVee".

You can learn a lot and even be reminded of things you already knew. Gary has a special way of putting the most important things under a magnifying glass to remind you all that other crap doesn't matter. Don't waste your time trying to improve your weaknesses whe
Jonathan Forisha
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super torn on whether this deserves a 3 or 4, so I went with 4.

I had never heard of Gary Vaynerchuk before he spoke at a marketing convention I was at, and he impressed me. Sure, there's his characteristic bravado, but his no-nonsense approach to business was refreshing. He's a cocky dude, but he legitimately has great advice.

That being said, I was disappointed that the format of this book was straight Q&A. That disappointment wore off over time due to Vaynerchuk's tendency to expound upon h
Julia
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wondeful. Loved every page of it (except for the sports section).

It took me so long to read this book, because I wasn't able to read it very long before an uncontrollable urge to get shit done would overcome me, and I'd have to leave the book to do something that would develop my business.

That being said, what Gary talks about, his lifestyle and methods, aren't for everybody. If you take it with a grain of salt, and absorb what's best for you, then you only stand to gain.

Highly recommended fo
Brad Mills
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this book. It felt more like a podcast or a bunch of stream of consciousness blog posts.

Definitely not structured like a book. It's was too sporadic and kinda felt more like I was sitting in on a therapy session.

I guess this is made for the hardcover Gary Vaynerchuck fans.

I haven't had the time to follow him because he produces so much content it's daunting.

I prefer curated, dense lessons mixed with thoughtful stories and anecdotes to illustrate points. I like data and scient
Khaoula E.
If you're into business, entrepreneurship or social media then I highly recommend this book. It's full of insights and great useful things.
If you're a regular of the #AskGaryVee show then you know what to expect! The audiobook is even better because there are so many additions, and it's like Gary is talking inside your head.
Angela Shurina
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book!
So practical and no BS.
Gary knows his stuff and he talks about what he knows with confidence as one should.
No water. All questions - business, life, social media, self-awareness - answered.
Fun. Engaging. Honest. Passionate. No BS.
Loved it!
Rob Woodbridge
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Get the audio version of this. Improvised by the author and so worth it.
Danna Shaffer
Feb 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Did not finish. It was just too all over the place to follow. It wasn’t as well thought out as his other books. Still love him, though!
Sam Choi
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book #39
Juanmi
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Copied straight from my Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/p/BFR_SMazQ...)

Kevin Suitor
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
#AskGaryVee
by Gary Vaynerchuk

Gary Vaynerchuk wrote the book #AskGaryVee to bring his bombastic advice from his online video show of the same name into book form.

Why should you listen to him?

He’s built two $100 million per year businesses, and he’s probably the only person to become “Internet famous” through dispensing business advice alone.

His current business, VaynerMedia, is a digital advertising agency that has quickly grown to $100 million in revenue, an incredible trajectory for a busines
Vito
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there's one thing you can never fault Vaynerchuk for in life, it's authenticity.

This guy knows exactly who he is, what he stands for and how he sees the world. There are no gray areas with him and when it comes to delivering what's on his mind, you get everything.

While Gary's main focus (today) is his marketing firm, he goes into every possible avenue with this book. If you've listened to his podcast, or watched his latest youtube show, consider this book a very long episode.

The book itself i
Bernie
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I became a fan of Gary's in 2016. Though I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say, I love his natural and down-to-earth approach. He's also someone that appreciates the people around him that support his activities and work hard for him.

His zest and appreciation for life is something that really appeals to me. He's a real shot of energy and inspires.

This book is a great introduction to his approach, how he see things and so on. I actually also got the audio book and it adds a lo
Mike Morgenstein
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A little background: Before reading this book, I had never heard of Gray Vaynerchuck ("Vee") so it follows that I have never watched any of his youtube videos and that I am not familiar with any of his material. I'm reading it by suggestion of another self-help coach. The book is written in a question and answer format that fit thematically into each chapter. The ordering of the chapters is haphazard. One about tech platforms can be followed by one about leadership. Perhaps the book could have i ...more
Dave Irwin
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads, reread-2017
I very much enjoyed #askgaryvee by @garyvee. I found this book hugely edutaining. Gary knows how to execute in the modern world of social media, digital marketing and that is by producing a huge amount of content that still manages to be well made. This book is a distillation of every snapchat, youtube and talk he has given over the past few years since starting Vayermedia.

His style won't be for everyone but even if it gets you thinking about how you deliver your messaging then the book will be
Matt Leiv
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everyone follows him for different reasons, and my consistent takeaways are: hard work/hustle, energy/efficiency, and long term perspective.

This book delivers all of that and much more. It's written like his shows, an action movie, but for business. After following his work for several years there is still a lot to pick up from the book and learn. The value is there so go get a copy.

I have a lot of favorite passages but the one that says the most about him and his work is on the last page:

"I'm a
  • The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship
  • Make It So: Leadership Lessons from Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Me, Inc.: Build an Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Life and Business
  • Get Sh*t Done
  • KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age
  • Geeks and Geezers: How Era, Values and Defining Moments Shape Leaders
  • Hacking Your Education: Escape Lectures, Save Thousands, and Hustle Your Way to a Brighter Future
  • No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
  • Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion
  • The Art of the Sale
  • Free Prize Inside!: The Next Big Marketing Idea
  • Teamwork 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know
  • The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
  • Inventology: How We Dream Up Things That Change the World
  • Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses
  • The Misfit Economy: Lessons in Creativity from Pirates, Hackers, Gangsters and Other Informal Entrepreneurs
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • People Tools: 54 Strategies for Building Relationships, Creating Joy, and Embracing Prosperity
Gary Vaynerchuk is the ultimate businessman. Born with an entrepreneurial spirit, Gary is a proven investor and advisor in the world of startups, and now an expert on the Fortune 500 world, through is work as CEO of Vaynermedia, a social media marketing agency. Having two bestsellers under his belt doesn't hurt either.

Thirty-three years ago, Gary got his start in business by ripping flowers out of
“life shrinks and expands on the proportion of your willingness to take risks and try new things.” 15 likes
“I put zero weight into anyone’s opinion about me because I know exactly who I am. Can you say the same? When” 11 likes