Start by marking “#AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness” as Want to Read:

The New York Times bestselling author draws from his popular show #AskGaryVee to offer surprising, often outrageous, and imminently useful and honest answers to everything you’ve ever wanted to know—and more—about navigating the new world.

Gary Vaynerchuk—the inspiring and unconventional entrepreneur who introduced us to the concept of crush it—knows how to get things done,
Published March 8th 2016 by Harper Business

To ask other readers questions about #AskGaryVee, please sign up.
Philip Goodwillie I'm currently reading this book #askgaryvee, however i've just finished reading Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, that was a great book! all about how to market…moreI'm currently reading this book #askgaryvee, however i've just finished reading Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, that was a great book! all about how to market yourself through social media and the break down of each platform, and how to take advantage of it. These tatics would also work for people that aren't into the whole business marketing thing and just doing it for their own ego, for example, trying to get as many followers as possible. I have been told by a friend that Crush it is also a great book, i'll read that book next.(less)
Bilal Hameed Question. I a new but a huge fan of him and I've heard his podcasts quite often. And I want to buy his books. Do his earlier books offer different mat…moreQuestion. I a new but a huge fan of him and I've heard his podcasts quite often. And I want to buy his books. Do his earlier books offer different materials or its mostly this and other irrelevant stuff. Im asking if I should read his earlier work of just stick to this. (less)

Start your review of #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
Troy Blackford
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed Gary Vaynerchuk's books, despite (or perhaps because of) taking them with a huge grain of salt. I'm not saying he's full of doggy doo, because I don't think he is. But I do have to wonder if hearing a successful business leader telling us why they think they became successful is as helpful to others as many readers might hope. This book is very entertaining, as this guy is definitely a character. But many people might be reading this so that they can 'super power their busine ...more
Yodamom
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, sales
4.5
Good short bits on Gary's take on business life and more. There is something for everyone in these pages. I admire his direct approach to life/business, his honesty and his drive, and enjoyed almost every part of the book. Yes, there were chapters that dealt with things in life I have zero interest in, so I shimmied through them. Even with dancing through, not paying much attention I think something stuck, I've been thinking about investing, weird.
I was not a GaryVee-fangirl before reading t
Tony Jr.
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
This book turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would. Gary gave excellent straight-forward advice on many different subjects such as: leadership, company culture, building a business, the power of gratitude, legacy, providing value for your customers, Facebook ads, Instagram, the future of social media, self confidence, parenting and much more. I really enjoyed this book.

***Get the audio book version. He went off script many times updating and sometimes completely changing answers he
Jeffrey Cohan
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
No one is going to accuse Gary Vaynerchuk of being an intellectual. By his own admission, he has read fewer than 10 books himself in his entire life.

Nevertheless, as a source of advice and inspiration for entrepreneurs, his writing is far more valuable than most of what you’ll find in the Harvard Business Review.

If you can get past his bluster and the book’s rapid-fire question-and-answer format, you’ll find a fair amount of worthwhile material about marketing, business development, customer rel
Jonathan Gall
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: professional

Time spent reading this book: 19h39m
Reading sessions: 30

What I Liked: #AskGaryVee is a meaningful book to read in this social marketing era.
The book is organized around 22 themes that cover most of the craft and life of any individual involved in social media marketing. Each theme is treated via a series of questions and answers. The information is top-notch. Even if some of the platforms he talks about are not existing anymore (Merkaat) or less groundbreaking (Insta) the concepts themselves di
Akshay Parakkote
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After one of the greatest show online #askgaryvee the book is mind blowing as I expected and the greatest thing about Gary's books are nothing but the Audiobooks , how he goes off script to go deep on something and also to show you on how things changed even after the book is written and that makes us understand how rapidly the world is changing every single day.

The most admired entrepreneur shares his view on almost everything in this book which is completely agreeable and the fact that if it b
Wiebke (1book1review)
What a surprise read. For someone who hadn't heard of Gary Vaynerchuck apart from an appearance on "30 Days of Genius" I was utterly impressed by the audiobook. It was a combination of the topics discussed, the enthusiasm and authenticity of the author/narrator and also the context he provided. I recommend listening to the audiobook, since he changed some of the answers to the show and book, but also because I could things into a much better context hearing him answer himself than just reading t ...more
Sotiris Makrygiannis
I stopped this book at 30% , reason? I dont like to hear the word fuck in a book. Maybe in a podcast but in an 11 hours book, fuck off mother is not what I want to hear. He is good, no doubt but the book is not up to my quality standards.
Mike Maginot
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Because of the timely nature of this book, get to it soon. If you come to it later on, you will still find core content on many of the topics discussed, but it's likely that many of the media platforms that Gary Vaynerchuk mentions will have evolved into something completely different or faded away. Audiobook content differs from published book since the author prefers to responds to the questions spontaneously instead of reading from the text. Audiobook listeners will get the added benefit of V ...more
Michael Carter
May 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
A collection of brief, superficial answers to a miscellaneous collection of questions. I found no insights or value here, other than it’s a clever (time-efficient) way to publish a book — that is, by having a subeditor compile your various social media posts into a book. If you have any experience in business or modern marketing you won’t find anything actionable here.
Will Jr.
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every entrepreneur should read this book. Easy to digest and covers a lot of topics. Awesome, honest mindset from the extremely passionate garyvee!
Keshav Bhatt
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and got a lot from it, in the quickest way possible. As you always get with Gary. I love Gary's content, and everything he practices & preaches. It's easy to underestimate the kind of integrity it requires to be the character he is and I believe the message he is sharing is one that needs to be heard by many. Above all that - no matter your circumstance, disadvantage, story, etc - there is one thing you can control & should master: your work ethic & mindset.

I'm really
Amin Mo
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5/5
The moment I opened the book and saw it’s basically small questions with brief answers, I knew it was going to be worthless.
No matter how many answers you make, if it’s going to be less than two pages, it’s going to be shit. You just simply can’t make use of tons of small answers, no matter how many. You just can’t implement them in anything, they are more like tips, advices or even side-notes rather than solid information and insight that can leverage.
I even actually bought this book think
Agne
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[audiobook] More than 5 stars. I'm not an entrepreneur and have no real entrepreneurial spirit, but I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Number one for me - his heart seems to be in the right place and he is not afraid to admit it.

Key assets:
*honesty
*clarity
*variety
*pace

"Provide 51% of the value in a relationship."
Michelle Cuellar
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved how this was a collection of topics it was like a fun bio but also a social media / personal branding guide. Gary is so interesting and the insights into where he came from and navigating to where he is today is inspiring.
Teri Temme
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Happiest moment is right now” ... Fantastic!!! So much goodness in this book.
Micah Grant
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership
More great advice from Gary Vee on leadership among many other topics. Many of the things are just common sense and I liked how he pointed out that many of the questions were people looking for excuses to not move forward.
Loy Machedo
Apr 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Gary Vaynerchuk is

1. An American serial entrepreneur,
2. Four-time New York Times bestselling author,
3. keynote speaker at global entrepreneurship and technology conferences
4. Famous internet personality, digital marketer & social media pioneer for VaynerMedia and VaynerX.
5. Angel investor & advisor Uber, Birchbox, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
6. He was known as a wine critic who grew his family’s wine business from $3 million to $60 million

So now the book review

-------------------------
Prosper Filipe
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of Gary, I've listend to at least a hundred episodes of the AskGaryVee show, therefore I had to check out the book. There are a lot of valuable insights in this book, due to its personal style (a lot is about Gary Vee's journey) it's written more like a novel. Novels are not my favorite kind of books. I like to emerge myself in a topic when reading a book to possibly trigger a paradigm shift, due to its scattered style of different topics (each chapter) without a red line connectin ...more
I.C. Robledo
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
"Here's the one universal rule I would try to teach everyone: Depth matters more than width. That is, the smallest, meaningful intentional act will mean much more than a huge one that lacks intent or substance." - Gary Vee

Keep your focus and go DEEP (not wide). Don't try to be everything to everyone, and to be the best at everything. Find what you are good at, and do that. Engage with the customers that come to you in a deep way, not with automated messages and lackluster encouragement. I find m
David Fish
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gary Vee cuts out the bull (no feel good, self-help mumbo jumbo), and gives what every entrepreneur needs to hear. He discusses a HUGE range of topics that were all at some point asked by people on his youtube show, hence "#AskGaryVee".

You can learn a lot and even be reminded of things you already knew. Gary has a special way of putting the most important things under a magnifying glass to remind you all that other crap doesn't matter. Don't waste your time trying to improve your weaknesses whe
Jonathan Forisha
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super torn on whether this deserves a 3 or 4, so I went with 4.

I had never heard of Gary Vaynerchuk before he spoke at a marketing convention I was at, and he impressed me. Sure, there's his characteristic bravado, but his no-nonsense approach to business was refreshing. He's a cocky dude, but he legitimately has great advice.

That being said, I was disappointed that the format of this book was straight Q&A. That disappointment wore off over time due to Vaynerchuk's tendency to expound upon his a
Julia
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wondeful. Loved every page of it (except for the sports section).

It took me so long to read this book, because I wasn't able to read it very long before an uncontrollable urge to get shit done would overcome me, and I'd have to leave the book to do something that would develop my business.

That being said, what Gary talks about, his lifestyle and methods, aren't for everybody. If you take it with a grain of salt, and absorb what's best for you, then you only stand to gain.

Highly recommended fo
Brad Mills
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this book. It felt more like a podcast or a bunch of stream of consciousness blog posts.

Definitely not structured like a book. It's was too sporadic and kinda felt more like I was sitting in on a therapy session.

I guess this is made for the hardcover Gary Vaynerchuck fans.

I haven't had the time to follow him because he produces so much content it's daunting.

I prefer curated, dense lessons mixed with thoughtful stories and anecdotes to illustrate points. I like data and scient
Khaoula E.
If you're into business, entrepreneurship or social media then I highly recommend this book. It's full of insights and great useful things.
If you're a regular of the #AskGaryVee show then you know what to expect! The audiobook is even better because there are so many additions, and it's like Gary is talking inside your head.
Angela Shurina
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book!
So practical and no BS.
Gary knows his stuff and he talks about what he knows with confidence as one should.
No water. All questions - business, life, social media, self-awareness - answered.
Fun. Engaging. Honest. Passionate. No BS.
Loved it!
Rob Woodbridge
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Get the audio version of this. Improvised by the author and so worth it.
Juanmi
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Copied straight from my Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/p/BFR_SMazQ...)

Sam Choi
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book #39
Danna Shaffer
Feb 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Did not finish. It was just too all over the place to follow. It wasn’t as well thought out as his other books. Still love him, though!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Vlog Like a Boss: How to Kill It Online with Video Blogging
  • Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
  • If You're Not First, You're Last: Sales Strategies to Dominate Your Market and Beat Your Competition
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • The Millionaire Booklet
  • Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work That Lasts
  • How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • Choose Yourself: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream
  • Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
  • Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
  • Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life
  • Be Obsessed or Be Average
  • Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
  • Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
  • Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
  • EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
Gary Vaynerchuk is the ultimate businessman. Born with an entrepreneurial spirit, Gary is a proven investor and advisor in the world of startups, and now an expert on the Fortune 500 world, through is work as CEO of Vaynermedia, a social media marketing agency. Having two bestsellers under his belt doesn't hurt either.

Thirty-three years ago, Gary got his start in business by ripping flowers out of

News & Interviews

“life shrinks and expands on the proportion of your willingness to take risks and try new things.” 26 likes
“I put zero weight into anyone’s opinion about me because I know exactly who I am. Can you say the same? When” 21 likes