Start by marking “Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1)

Ricochet

(Vigilantes #1)

The only sure way to destroy a man is to take what he cannot live without.

Three years ago, I had everything.

A beautiful wife.
A son.
A reason for living.

Until a ruthless task force, assembled under Mayor Michael Culling, with a brutal strategy to make the streets of Detroit ‘safe’, ripped away everything I loved in a deadly hunt called Th
Published July 9th 2015 by Keri Lake

To ask other readers questions about Ricochet, please sign up.
Keri Lake Yes, this is a standalone :) There are two other books coming out that will be spin offs to Ricochet, titled Backfire and Ballistic.

Start your review of Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
LIVE: http://amzn.to/1RmroFr

But that's what happens when you shoot at something impenetrable.
It ricochets.

I had the immense honor of beta reading this incredible book and all I can tell you is this: Get ready.
This book is what would result if The Punisher and V for Vendetta ever had a baby. A super fucked up but incredibly awesome baby.
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Pam
5 I’ll see you in the night … stars
“You are the violence inside of me...My most exquisite destruction.”

Nick had one thing on his mind, vengeance. Vengeance on those who took everything that ever mattered away from him; destroying the man he was giving birth to the monster he needed to be. So for three years he's plotted, planned and perfected his skill and now the moment is here, with his plan beginning and ending with Aubree Culling, the wife of the man responsible for his destruction.
I hated what I’d become. Thief. Ki
stars
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 - 3 Stars

***Unpopular Opinion Alert***

That's right, folks.

Once again, I guess I am just not sippin' the same sizzurp as everyone else...

...because this just didn't rock my world.

I know, I know.

Please don't stone me.

descriptionStars</br>***Unpopular</b></span>
  <span id=2.5 - 3 Stars

***Unpopular Opinion Alert***

That's right, folks.

Once again, I guess I am just not sippin' the same sizzurp as everyone else...

...because this just didn't rock my world.

I know, I know.

Please don't stone me.

Seriously.

Was it dark and gritty and full of disturbing scenes and themes?

Yes, yes, sure.

Anysadz, moving on...

The whole time I was reading this I felt like I was in a pack'n'play full of V for Vendetta/Punisher/Fight Club babies, set amidst the Crow-worthy playground of Gotham Detroit.

For serious though.

I was waiting for Batman and his fellow band of masked crusaders to pull cameos at any minute.

All we needed were costumes.

description

Anyvillains, don't get me wrong.

The writing was fantastic and the characters - especially Nick, I mean Jesus Christo that gorgeous cover made imagining him oh so enjoyable - were all so well done.

HOWEVER.

I figured out some of the plot twists early on and, quite honestly, I was simply unable to suspend belief for this whole book from almost the onset.

I don't always care about realism and whether or not something is "possible."

I am typically more than willing to jump on the "Wow-That-Would-Never-Happen-But-Fuck-It-I-Will-Suspend-Belief-For-The-Greater-Good" Train - but I just couldn't seem to get off the station platform with this one.

description

And it definitely affected the reading experience for me.

I'm sorry, but there is just NO way a supposed computer game programmer could turn himself into this supposed badass super ninja vigilante who can pull off head shots and shoot the weapons from people's hands in under three years.

Way.

And don't even get me started on what seemed to be Nick's never-ending magazine of magic bullets or (view spoiler)

Holy Eye Roll, Batman.

Anyrobin, as I said, I really enjoyed the writing and the characters in general.

It just didn't all come together for me.

But, again, I am definitely in the minority here and I will still be checking this author out in the future.

#TeamThor

****ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review****
Lo Bookfrantic
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5***Kick Ass Pistol Lips ~ Revenge ~ Stars

Series: Standalone Dark Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 9, 2015
POV: (Dual) Multiple

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“You’ve ignited a flame inside of me, Pistol Lips….I will obliterate any motherfucker who lays a hand on you again. I’d kill for you.” Nick

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Three year ago Nick Riley had almost been killed with a bullet to his skull and his family was killed in front of him. Ever since, he had never been the same. Now at twenty eight years of age, heStars
Series:
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

I remember when I first heard about this book I read the blurb and went ‘oh shit,’ thinking that this book may just be the dark romance winner I've been looking for. And for the most part, it was! It’s a turbulent book filled with graphic violence and such raw savagery I’m pretty sure it overloaded my senses. It made me feel bloodthirsty. And being the weirdo reader who craves this kind of stuff, I loved every dark part of this book.

But while the dark premise of this book
Peek At My Book Review
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, arc

*FULL REVIEW POSTED*

RATING : 4 ‘SWEET SWEET REVENGE!’ Stars

description

MY VIEWS : This is one book that’s gonna get you shit in your pants and pee your pants off. description OMG! That was one Mind Fuckery and it was Mind Blowing. description Honestly that’s her attempt at writing Contemporary…Are you shitting me? description I’m sure she must be hiding some unpublished scripts under her bed because sheyouclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
MYPOSTED*
RATING
Jennifer Kyle
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Eye for an Eye Stars

[image error]

This story was a good read and the author is indeed very talented. I did love the heroine and liked how she came into play for Nick Ryder’s vengeance plan.

”Perhaps Nick and I were opposites in life, as he said, but in pain, we were the same. Two broken halves, with jagged edges that seemed to fit together in some messed up way.”

This story made Detroit seem like a total free for all, but did have a few twists all of which sadly I guessed so maybe that’s where it went into okay terStars
[image
Eliza

Title: Ricochet
Series: Standalone
Author: Keri Lake
Release date: 9th July, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

With Ricochet Keri Lakes creates a 5 Star action packed, adrenaline filled, relentless display of a man driven by revenge and his quest to obtaNo
2015
Lake
ReleaseStandalone
Ricochet
Liz
5 Heart Stoppin' Stars

"But that's what happens when you shoot at something impenetrable.
It ricochets."

Ricochet is a heart stopping dark thriller full of action, romance, passion, and endless twists and turns. Just when I though I had figured things out, a new discovery was to be made and everything was turned upside down again.

"Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth."-Leviticus 24:20

The Setting...Detroit
"The Third world city of America"

"Scarred and beaten, the perfect metap24:20
The
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
Live! * Amazon US * Amazon UK * Amazon CA *

Ricochet, for me, is reading perfection on so many levels.... the prose, dialogue, emotions and darkness are all cohesively executed with characters whom drive the story arc exponentially and fully evoked my five star feelings. It took me on a dark and twisted journey of revenge and deep, devastating loss, a loss more than one would ever wish to imag
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'To defeat a monster, I had to become one.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Wow! This book! But first things first. I just wanted to say how much I LOVED the cover of this book. The model is just perfect as Nick. Anyway, I have been a fan of Keri Lake ever since I read her Paranormal romance series Sons of Wrath. I love that series! So when I found out she was doing a contemporary romance, I waclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **bulletproof** STARS

“A dark angel, with blood on his hands and fire in his eyes.”

Oh, how I love it when a book lives up to the hype. I've had a lot of luck with my last reads, but Ricochet takes the cake. For me personally, this one has it all. A seriously messed up anti-hero, a resilient heroine, suspense, angst, copious amounts of violence and danger, and on top of that sizzling chemistry.

And then there were the eyes. OMG, thclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
****
Geri Reads
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

My first Keri Lake and it's a huge winner. I'm not much of a dark reader but there are so many elements in this book that were right up my alley. It has suspense, romance, and a holy freakin' plot twist that for the first time actually made sense or worked for me.

I don't want to write a long review for this book because I might give away spoilers. This is one of those books that you should go in blind. The little you know, the better. The blurb is pretty straightforward. Yes, it's dark and it
Stacey is Sassy
Behind the cover…

The cover of Ricochet has been playing on my mind for awhile. See, I saw this cover and was spellbound. At first, I was consumed with wanting. Then I heard some talk, and I hesitated. For starters, people were talking about the darkness, the violence and the fact that the heroine is kidnapped and the hero was her captor. But…I was still consumed with the cover. How could that man on the cover be violent and a kidnapper? Would I want to become attached to a bad man? Then, it got worse. I heard th
S.M. West
5 "I’ve got you" STARS

“But from each crime are born bullets that will one day seek out in you where the heart lies.” – Pablo Neruda

Nick Ryder is a lethal weapon. Shot in the head and left for dead, Nick is a man destroyed; having witnessed the violent and sadistic murders of his wife and son and not being able to save them. Now three years later, Nick is consumed with darkness, hatred, anger, violence and blood lust.

photo ricochet_zps0zdiggpq.jpg

He has a plan to bring down the evil mastermind behind theSTARS
“But
Amanda
1/28/2016 Currently on sale for $0.99 @ Amazon

-------------------------------------------------------------
Read on 27 June 2015

5 'Eye for an eye, heart for a heart' stars

Ricochet is like Batman meets Arrow minus the mask and bow.

This is my 4th Keri Lake and the first being a contemporary. To say I have a high expectation for Ricochet is a big understatement and I'm extremely glad that this book hit all the right spot for me. It is full with action, suspense and twist at every turn. I/>Ricochet/>5
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, romance
5 stars!!

“I saw darkness in her beauty, and she saw beauty in my darkness. Yin and yang. Black and white. Beauty and scars; fury and forgiveness. She should’ve been my nemesis, but in her, I found something I didn’t know I was looking for.”

Great writing? Check. Tortured sexy hero? Check. Kickass heroine? Check.

Ricochet is a dark, cunning tale of two people who have the worst cards in life coming together and blasting their way out of the shit hand they were dealt. Nick is a man who seeks
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ARC received by NetGalley ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

'A dark angel, with blood on his hands and fire in his eyes'

4.5 STARS

Hero: 9/10
Humour: 1/10
Hotness: 7/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & hero POV; 1st person. Stand alone.

Be warned Ricochet is an incredibly dark and violent romance set in Detroit, featuring: Heavy violence, gruesome torture, death, drugs, rape, prostitution, abuse, self harm, psychopaths, paedophiles, gang members... and more.

Three years ago, I had everything. A beautiful wife. A son. A reason for living.

Until a ruthless task force, assembled under Mayor Michaemore.
Three7/10
Extra7/10
1/10
Romance
warhawke
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person (Dual) + Third Person
Rating:

★ ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
★ (F)BR with shhlutty Liz and shhexy Loyda.

With his family gone, Nick Ryder had nothing else to lose. He had just one more goal he needed to meet – destroy the life of the man who destroyed his. He was determined to avenge his family by any means necessary.

Aubree Culling was the wife of Mayor Michael Culling, the man on top of Nick’s hit list. To the public eye, the couple was portrayed as model citizens aStandalone
POV:
Rag
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 'Eye for an Eye' Stars

photo image_zpskvhxzkfx.jpg

Monsters did exist. They didn't hide under the bed, though. They stormed through the fucking door and stole away everything we loved.

WOW. This book is just wow.

So this book is about Nick Ryder. Three years ago. Nick had everything that he ever needed. A perfect wife that he adored. An amazing son. And a home. One brutal night, everything is taken away from him. The wife that he loves, the son that he would do anythinclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1TnKdWC
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1NVCITK

Ricochet was a gritty romantic suspense, which sees Nick Riley seeking revenge for the brutal death of his beloved wife and son. For three years, Nick has been planning to make the dregs of Detroit pay for almost taking his life and executing the family that he loved so much.

Michael and Aubree Culling, the mayor and his wife, are high on his hit list, and with the help★★★
Now
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
5 Revenge-filled Stars!

photo 4CC652A8-76A5-45E1-8439-B0F63CDB94CC_zpsutogf6hf.jpg

He'd become my rescuer, my savior. A dark angel, with blood on his hands and fire in his eyes.

LOVED IT!

Ricochet is one of those books I REALLY wished I'd simply read the book blurb and dove in and not bothered with reading reviews, as, take my word for it, there's reviews that'll spoil the great ride this
Candace
Eye For An Eye, Heart For A Heart

Nick is a man out for vengeance. He witnessed the brutal murder of his wife and son three years ago and has been planning his revenge ever since. Determined to take down not only the low-life thugs that committed the vile acts, but the men at the top, pulling the strings from behind the scene, as well, he sets his sights on Mayor Michael Culling's wife, Aubree.

The seemingly perfect politician's wife, Aubree graces her husband's arm at social events, smiling
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5+++ Gripping Stars

Captivating, Riveting, Gripping, Dark, Sexy........
 photo Ricochet 1_zpsktofbb0r.jpg

Well this book caught me by surprise. It captured me and didn't let me go until the very end. I could not stop reading.....3 am one night then 2 am the next, it was AMAZING!!!!

photo 37ed3b92365aa3aa2f71526426427c99_zpsfgqi6xy0.jpg

Nick Ryder i
~Stéphanie's Journal~
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

description

I'm stunned. Speechless. It was my first book from this author and if her other books are anything like this one, I've met one new to follow and support.

description

Ricochet was a slow build for me. Maybe I wasn't in the right state of mind or m
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
***3.5 stars***
I was unsure about rating this book for a long time-it wasn’t bad, I liked it for the most parts but certain elements didn’t work out for me. Let me break down this review to my likes and dislikes!

What I liked:

Cover -Ok! This has nothing to do with how I feel about the story but damn that cover...those eyes...
description
having a cover-orgasm here people!

Writing – This author is new to me so I didn’t know whliked:
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4.5 Stars in the Sky Hearts!!! :D <3

description

“Monsters did exist. They didn't hide under the bed, though.
They stormed through the fucking door and stole away
everything we loved.”

Ricochet gives us a fast-paced revenge-romance that reverberates with a numbing current of chills throughout our bodies, its raw and gritty revenge plot – in equal measure paradoxicallyclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Cristina
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites, revenge

Just finished this book and the only two things going through my mind are...

...and...

description

Yes...there are many attributes I could use to describe this book but it wouldn't cut it because it can't be described...this books has to be read and lived through the characters.

I've debated w
Michelle
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Nick Ryder had it all.
A wife he loved, a child that was his entire world.
But one man set the wheels in motion to take it all away.
Mayor Michael Culling. A systematic plan to destroy a city already in ruin. One neighborhood at a time.

Nick Ryder should have died the night he lost everything, but he was spared. Now driven by vengeance to go after the men that took everything from him, taking their lives in the most brutal way. All leading him to the final act. The one man pulling all the strings. Culling.

In the d
Eda**
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

** 3,75-4 “my most exquisite destruction” STARS **

There had been a time I didn’t believe in them –monsters. (…)

Except, monsters did exist. They didn’t hide under the bed, though. They stormed through the f*cking door and stole away everything we loved.

And to defeat a monster, I HAD TO BECOME ONE.
~ NICK

description

The writing was flawless and the story was incredibly original.

Yet...

I guessed the biggest plot twist rather early:

“my

• Collateral
  • Damage
  • CONVICT: A Dark Romance (Sin City Salvation Book 2)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Slaughter
  • Cellar Door
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • Born, Madly (Darkly, Madly Duet, #2)
  • Trapped with the Mob Boss: A Mafia Romance (Petrov Bratva)
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • Twisted
  • Saving Della Ray
  • The Bratva's Bride (Wicked Doms #2)
  • Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Vigilantes (4 books)
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • Intrepid (A Vigilantes Spinoff)
“I’d rather walk a mile with a cucumber up my ass than fuck you.” 13 likes
“The stars in the sky are the souls of the people we love. They shine so bright, not even the night can hide them. And when we’re lost, they guide us.” 8 likes