Start by marking “Dex (Kinky Shine, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dex (Kinky Shine, #1)

Dex

(Kinky Shine #1)

She succeeded in making him feel like a man. A normal functioning man when he hadn’t felt that way in years.

"Who're you f*cking?"

When my father, manager of the worldwide phenomenon Kinky Shine, asked me to come and help the band members appear more approachable I never thought my first meeting with Dex Bowers would start with such a question.

Immediately, I wanted to stra
380 pages
Published May 3rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dex, please sign up.
Stephanie Witter Dex can be read as a standalone, but it's part of a series of four books. Each book will feature a different band member. :)
Stephanie Witter Hi!
The book is around 90000 words and the paperback (available soon) will be 380 pages. :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 I'm with the band Stars

photo happy-gif_zpswzxozp0t.gif

*Mild Spoilers*

Dex the first book in the Kinky Shine series was a really good read. I don't read many Rockstar romances because a ton of them have cheating and that is a huge pet peeve of mine. But when I saw Dex I was drawn to the cover. I liked the blurb and decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. I really enjoyed this book. I was also really surprised and happy to see there was not other woman drama or cheating in this book.

photo anigif_enhanced-22275-1437287136-4_zpsw9ns4kid.gif

I really liked everyone in this book.
Coco.V
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This one was an ok read for me that passed the time nicely. Although I liked the writing style and the promise of the premise, I missed something there. I didn’t really feel connected to Dex and that prevented me to fully get into the story and enjoy the book. I was looking for more emotion, depth and overall background for these characters. Honestly it was all me and my preferences at fault here.

Anyway I would read the next book in the series just to see what happens to Maxen that I found real
Deserie williams
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Contain Spoilers!!!!

3.5stars! I enjoyed most of this. The hero at first was a bit of an ass. But I grew to love him .Herione was great! She didn't let anyone push her around . Yes I wanted her to make hero grovel just a bit more at times but I liked her! There were times that both hero and heroine didn't make the best decisions(especially hero) and it frustrated me. The sexual buildup was HOT!! Their chemistry was yummy:) I thought together they were great!I loved the band guys. Their banter was
CC
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe-for-me
Rocker books scare the shit out of me. So much opportunity for drama and angst. Thank goodness this book stayed away from much of it.

Dex had something bad happen to him in the past. I know I cannot relate, but his issues seem out of proportion to what happened. It was strange his mother issues were never discussed with the heroine. I felt that was a plot hole. Otherwise, I thought his issues were handled well and not so fast that it was unbelievable.

Anyway, Dex is a grumpy sexy ass. He has maj
Claire Robinson
Jun 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
1 - "Shit Happens." Star.

DNF @ 31%

This may be a case of me not getting on with an author’s writing style, and being written in 1st person didn't help, but this book just got so repetitive, I found myself skimming without even realizing I was doing it. Paragraphs like the below -

I walked to the table and took the chair opposite her at the round table. I took off my sunglasses and put them on the table...

Where the table is the focal point and then descriptive as follows, where the same sentence
Janie
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really loved both MCs by the end and the secondary characters. I thought Dex's reaction to Harley keeping something from him for one day was a bit OTT. All in all this was a good read and I look forward to more Kinky Shine books.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Dex
Author: Stephanie Witter
Category: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual
Characters: 4
Plot: 4
Scorching Level: 4.5
HEA: Not telling

I love rockers and this book was such a pleasant surprise!
Harley is a blogger with a large following and she is about to interview Dex, the frontman of Kinky Shine, a famous band. She is excited because she is a huge fan...but what happens when the interview goes horribly wrong?
Harley's opinion of the famous r
Book-Bosomed  blog
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Harley Floyd, 23, is a communications graduate and blogger working on an assignment for her father, a musician manager. Rock band, Kinky Shine has made it to the top, but they won’t stay there if frontman and songwriter, Dex Bowers, 25, can’t get past his writer’s block. Dex is carrying the weight of the band on his shoulders and some hang-ups from his past.

“‘A rock star who doesn’t fuck is an anomaly.’”

This! I loved how Dex broke the typical rock star manwhore mold. I simply adored this premis
Doris
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think I just found my new rock book boyfriend. When first meeting him you may not think he would be worthy of that title but once you know how everything in Dex’s life made him you may change your mind too. Dex is the front man for killer rock band Kinky Shine. He gives you that dark and brooding character that you aren’t too sure you want to approach but his stage presence and sexy swagger makes you want to have your way with him.

Harley comes into Kinky Shine’s existence because she is a popu
Tina
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars

I am little disappointed with this one.

I liked it at first, Dex and Harley seemed liked great characters and I really like that Dex wasn't your typical "rock God". But the more book carried on, it was just too much about sex for my taste.

It missed something, that feeling when you read a book and you are so absorbed into characters, to me here it was just too much about physical plus the thing that bothered me the most was that Dex wasn't too much protective of Harley, I am not saying he
Red Cheeks Reads
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Harley is given the opportunity of the lifetime when she is asked by her father to look after the band, Kinky Shine's social media. But the band isn't all too happy about her presence there. And throw in Dex Bowers, lead of the band, who instantly comes off as an asshole to her, maybe Harley's dream job is turning more into a nightmare? But sparks fly between the two and sometimes there is a very fine line between hate and love, a line these two may be crossing.

“Do you feel that need right here
Jenny
HEA:(view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 5 stars

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you finish a book and
Rose Strong (Kljuc za knjigu Book Blog)
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

Another one of those rock star romances I love so much! I loved Dex and liked his story- it's new, it's original and a bit funny. What I appreciated most about Harley is her being a blogger. I don't remember ever reading about a character with that kind of career, and because I'm a blogger myself, it offered me an opportunity to, in a way, understand her feeling and fears.

The only thing a had a difficulty with were the main conflic
Jos
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carmen Rae
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-rr-review, na
I saw this book on my feeds a while back and I was intrigued. Then I saw a heap of my GR friends raving about it and it made my must read list so as soon as I had a few hours to myself I sat down and dove in.

Now I know a lot of people will see 3.5 stars and think that I didn’t like this book so first I need you to know that I did like this book I just didn’t love it and there were a few things that pissed me off. Now honestly I don’t normally read a lot of rock star books, which isn’t to say I
Amy
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dex
Stephanie Witter

This was a totally different read for me. I am usually the MC, Mafia, Murder girl so when this turned up on my Kindle I didn’t know what to think as I hate when I don’t care for a book and have to write a review. HOW WRONG WAS I? This was so good. I loved the characters and loved the fact that the story wasn’t focused on the “rock star” tours, screaming women, etc. This was so much more and what a story it is.

Dex Bowers is the lead singer of Kinky Shine. The man is a
Amy  Crull
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a breathe of fresh air. You get so used to rock stars being a certain way or at least acting like idiots. Believe me Dex's bandmates make up for the dumb stuff he's not doing. You still have the sex, drugs and rock n roll in this book. Dex is a different kind of rock star.. He's kinda a mystery. He keeps to himself but still hangs with the guys. A mix up in the past, has destroyed him from being intimate or from having a relationship with a woman. This all changes when he meets Har ...more
Heather andrews
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

There are some things Dex is not bashful about when he's pushed, “I’ve been abstinent for the last two years and I haven’t had real sex for the last seven effing years,’’ I growled out. “I haven’t been able to come with a woman in seven years.’’ I'm going to enjoy this series, Dex, Otis, Beckett and Maxen are such humble men and I'm so excited for Maxen's book, he kept me hooked and I kept looking for him in every scene, not that I didn't love Dex, but Maxen is going to be my favorite in the ser
This is the first book in a new series, about a Rock group named Kinky Shine. This is also a new to me author. I'm kind of picky about rocker romances, since there is a lot about that type of life style that I feel just don't fit in a romance novel. I'm usually pretty hesitant to pick up a rocker romance from an unknown author. That being said, I'm glad I took a chance on this author, because this book was pretty great! Although it does get into the whole "sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll" life styl ...more
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
After reading Maxen, I knew I had to read Dex and Harley’s story.

I recommend reading the stories in order because I already knew Maxen’s storyline before I even started the book.

Harley is a blogger who is hired to shadow the band Kinky Shine. Her dad also happens to be Kinky Shine’s manager. Dex is the lead singer of the band. The two get off on the wrong foot, and Harley realizes she has her work cut out for her if she wants to gain the band’s trust.

Harley is spunky and very up front about ev
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
So this is my first Stephanie Witter story and I really enjoyed the storyline. It takes you into Kinky Shine's (love the name BTW) life and what it is like to be a rockstar. It is not all glam.

Dex is a complex and arrogant man, but I mean come on he is the main man of the group, he does come out looking better in the end.

Harley has been around rockstars all her life. Her father calls her up to help get Kinky Shine on the map so when Dex starts the working relationship off to a rocky start she
Sassy Southern
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five star review for Dex by Stephanie Witter!! Ok by far one of my new favorite books!! I fell hard for the mysterious Dex and can not to wait to dive in to Maxen!!! Fez and Harleys story was so phenomenal I couldn't put it down. If I could give it 10 stars it would get them all. If you love rocker romances this is the boom for you!! I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!!!
Jamie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE this series!! A very unique look into love and rock stars.
Tricia
Apr 28, 2016 added it
Shelves: reviews
My Review (ARC provided)http://triciaciak.blogspot.com/
4.5 Stars!

This is not your same old rock star romance, not at all, it isn't the man whore cliché, and our hero has some deep rooted issues. Yes he's broody and hot but he is also so much more.

Stephanie wrote a pretty complex character in Dex (H), he has many layers and Harley (h) seems to be able to peel them away slowly piece by piece.

Harley was a very likable character she was able to stand her ground but showed vulnerability too. She def
Books Laid Bare
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
That wasn’t at all what I expected!
Or should I say that Dex wasn’t at all what I expected, this moody front man seems to live with the weight of expectation on his shoulders and neither he nor it are a bundle of laughs.
Life really is a pain in the a** if you are in Dex’s periphery.
Harley is a media guru, a super blogger that is hired to help Dex and the band interact with the public in a more direct and hands on way. But is twitter actually something this aloof rock god is willing to embrace…ye
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

I am a sucker for rocker romances. I love them. They seem to bring stardom to a more manageable level in books. Dex by Stephanie Witter is no different. These Rock Stars are bigger than life, top of the charts, but they're missing something. This is where Harley comes into play. She and Dex don't start off on the right foot - but that footing grows into something they both weren't looking for.

So Dex is the front man for the ban
Wit & Wonder Books
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Fresh .. witty .. and engaging. You will not be able to put down this book until the very end.

Stephanie Witter has a way with words that pulls the reader right in. Her characters are always well developed and story line enticing. Dex is no exception.

The first in a series, Dex is about the troubled front man Dex Bowers. Each subsequent book will feature each member of the Rock Band Kinky Shine and I can't wait.

Blogger Harley Floyd is on assi
Romance Readers Retreat
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading anything by this author and I absolutely loved this book. Once I started it was really hard for me to put down. I am the biggest fan of the whole rockstar romance genre but Dex was different than any other book I've read in this genre. It is filled with secrets, mystery, hunky rockstars, and, of course, sex, drugs, and rock n' roll.

Harley Floyd's father, the manager of the band Kinky Shine, asked her to come make the band more approachable seeing as how they avoid
sam Magill
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dex and harley n amazing couple.

Dex: he's moody as hell very rarely speaking more than one word, but on stage he is everything a gorgeous rock star should!d be, but he has a secret past that effects his every day life until Harley came into his world.
Harley: she's a self employed blogger who accepts a job from her father to help his band kinky shine become one with social media, she knows all about the band and its members she knows all about dex, or so she thought.
Their first meeting couldn't
  • Sylvie + Shandor (Rocker Shenanigans Book 1)
  • Playing Dirty
  • Wanderer (Nomad, #2)
  • Love Him Back
  • Where Forever Lies (Sweet Haven, #1)
  • Saving Evangeline
  • Unplugged: A Bad Boy Rockstar Romance
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Never Say Love
  • Sleepover
  • The Good Samaritan
  • Rush (Montgomery Men #1)
  • Mine
  • The Reason for Me
  • Slam (Colorado Smoke, #1)
  • Intent
  • Down & Dirty (Lightning, #1)
  • The Bars Between Us
Stephanie Witter, in her twenties, lives in France where she comes up with book ideas on her laptop, notebook or phone. When she's not writing the day away, she likes visiting museums or shopping to add another nail polish to her already huge collection. She's also unable to resist the appeal of new books, even when she knows she can't possibly have the time to read yet another one. She's happy to ...more

Kinky Shine (4 books)
  • Maxen (Kinky Shine, #2)
  • Otis (Kinky Shine, #3)
  • Beckett (Kinky Shine, #4)