Start by marking “By Vow and Royal Bloodshed (Blood Ladders Trilogy Book 2)” as Want to Read:
By Vow and Royal Bloodshed (Blood Ladders Trilogy Book 2)

By Vow and Royal Bloodshed

(Blood Ladders Trilogy #2)

Restored to a working body, Morgan Locke has returned to Troth to seek the legendary athenaeum at Vigil in the hopes it will produce a solution to the enchantment binding the elves. But elves are not the only creatures now stepping out of folklore: the demons are coming, and they bring with them the armies of the dead.

If they do not want to see their world consumed, Morgan
Published June 27th 2015 by Studio MCAH

To ask other readers questions about By Vow and Royal Bloodshed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Vow and Royal Bloodshed

Start your review of By Vow and Royal Bloodshed (Blood Ladders Trilogy Book 2)
Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Review:
I was kind of bummed in the first book when the author introduced all of these characters who were Morgan’s friends but then they got left behind when Morgan traveled to the elves, so I was happy to see that they were back in the story this time! They were a good little crew and all brought something different to the table. I especially have a soft spot for Chester, he’s such a sweetheart.

I will say however that this book was very slow-paced and not that much actually happened
Suz
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio, fantasy
This one was a serious sophomore slump in terms of pacing and the significant increase in the amount of exposition. Combined with a blatantly fish-hook ending and I can only give it a 'meh.'

I am still interested enough in the story and the characters to give book 3 a go, since I've got it right here. I am hopeful that the reviews are accurate and things improve a great deal in book 3.
Mona
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as gritty or dramatic as the first book, but I understand this one came several years after book 1.
Jae
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was the weakest of the trilogy but still fun.
eugene schmitz
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great 2nd book
Lorena
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As with the previous book, An Heir to Thorns and Steel, this book was well written and beautifully designed. The pace was a bit slower, but I really enjoyed the banter between the characters and watching the various relationships develop, and the plot still offered some fun surprises. If you require a lot of action to stay interested, this might not suit you, but for anyone who enjoys high fantasy that also makes you think, I highly recommend this series.

The books in this trilogy shoud
J.F.R. Coates
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A significantly slower pace compared to the first book.
Most of By Vow and Royal Bloodshed was devoted largely to philosophical debates, rather than outright action. At times this did grow a little tedious, but the underlying story was interesting enough to continue on.
It was the incredible vocabulary that led me to give this a 4* rather than a 3. The verbosity is incredible, but it always suits the characters, and it's done in such a way that I was never reaching for a thesaurus. The context was
Alice
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Journeying, Book 2

Fully transformed, Morgan rejoins his original friends and gains new allies as the second book proceeds into the quest journey of fantasy epics. A lot of lore, profound insights and some very unexpected surprises make this a fine addition to the series. I have this in paperback, kindle and this is my third reading.
Helen M. Whitchurch
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Deeper than usual fantasy

Interesting characters with.different points of view. But like center of large book instead of a stand-alone. Very good author. I do prefer her mind touch series.
Jasmine
Aug 03, 2015 added it
Shelves: indie
"Thank God for women in academia."
Maria
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Life in a Medieval Castle
  • The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
  • Immortality and Chaos: The Complete Epic Pentalogy
  • Genesis (First Colony, #1)
  • Swordheart
  • Reign of Madness (King's Dark Tidings, #2)
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather
  • Free the Darkness (King's Dark Tidings #1)
  • Our Bloody Pearl (These Treacherous Tides #1)
  • King of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #2)
  • Part-Time Gods (DFZ #2)
  • Grave Importance (Dr. Greta Helsing #3)
  • The Unlikeable Demon Hunter (Nava Katz, #1)
  • Bound by Blood (Vigilante, #5)
  • Sword of Mars (Starship's Mage, #7)
  • Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5)
  • The Element of Fire (Ile-Rien, #1)
  • Burn (Kingdoms of Earth & Air, #3)
Daughter of two Cuban political exiles, M.C.A. Hogarth was born a foreigner in the American melting pot and has had a fascination for the gaps in cultures and the bridges that span them ever since. She has been many things—-web database architect, product manager, technical writer and massage therapist—-but is currently a full-time parent, artist, writer and anthropologist to aliens, both human ...more

Blood Ladders Trilogy (3 books)
  • An Heir to Thorns and Steel (Blood Ladders Trilogy, #1)
  • On Wings of Bone and Glass (Blood Ladders Trilogy Book 3)
“So,” Guy drawled. “When are we leaving?” “As soon as possible,” Chester told him. “I have a wedding to put off.” 1 likes
“Fair face does not equate to hallowed heart.” 0 likes