Start by marking “Coming Home (Rise of the Free Fleet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Coming Home (Rise of the Free Fleet, #2)

Coming Home

(Rise of the Free Fleet #2)

Salchar and the Free Fleet are tired, low on resources, man power and ships that should actually be flying. Yet they have a mandate, free those that are being oppressed.
Sarenmenti, Humans, Kuruvians, Chaleelians and the genetic creations of the AI called the Planner, Avarians, band together under the banner of the Free Fleet to go to the fleet’s birthplace-Earth.
Life is
Published June 27th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Start your review of Coming Home (Rise of the Free Fleet, #2)
Miles
May 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3.49☆
Iain Howe
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good story but awful editing.

Kindle books, of late, have had a declining level of editing quality, but this series has by far the lowest standard I've read. It is impossible to imagine this book has been professionally proof-read.

So why the four star rating? There is just something about the quality of the world building and the scope of the storytelling that lifts this series above the general level. Commander Salchar is virtually MarySue-esque in his level of ability, many of the characters ar
Niels Baumgartner
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cannoli Batman!

This series like like The Lost Fleet meets Warhammer meets the RTS Homeworld meets Star Trek.

What a fun ride. Unique. Well written. Well thought out.

I had a few small personal criticisms, but then I asked myself if I could write something this epic and layered. The answer is probably not.

I would guess that this here author is a burgeoning David Weber-like author of epic novels in Science Fiction and Fantasy as each time I read him he gets better and better. Well done. Well do
Melissa Jane
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Another book by this author with a need for a good editor. As always he tells a fantastic story, but in this series, I'm having trouble with the group if hardened soldiers being turned into adults when many of them are 8, 10, 12, 15, or 16 years of age. The mental health of these individuals would not be able to handle the various situations they are put into. I really enjoy all of the different aliens that are becoming a part of the Free Fleet. Recommended for those who love a good space opera.
Martin Kubát
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Rick you glorious bastard you did it. Ok my main issue from first book is resolved, but this book had another much bigger one. This book lack any major goal for the fleet. Sure there is destroying Syndicate overarching goal, but that doesnt really does much for this book.
Jay Collins
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars maybe 3.5 stars, not as strong as the first book but still pretty good. I am enjoying this series so far so I will for sure continue with it. I liked the Emerilia series from this author as well. I will be looking for more by this author after I finish this one.
David Adkins
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just keeps getting better!

A few more typos gets in the way of the flow.
However, fast paced and hard to put down. Don't start reading of you have something to do.
caleb
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grammar sucks

No clear distinction between switching scenes and characters. Makes the book confusing as you have to double check who is talking. Story is enjoyable.
Bryan W Swanson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Me Chatfield has done a great job in writing this series! It has sucked me in like his other series and I can’t wait to see how the main characters solve the issues that he places them in!
Jesse Fort
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good Storytelling

Where the 1st book in this series was non stop action, this is more along the lines of a traditional space opera, with a little bit more story and setup. There are several space battles but not the frenetic ground based action. I enjoyed this book as it feels like we are setting up for a massive battle. There are plenty of errors that could have been edited better, but I work around them. Good book, time for the 3rd cause there is no rest for the wicked.
Jack
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
While the grammar and spelling errors where a lot less which was really nice. I think the book has lost some of it's character. I think because it was pretty slow going. Although, I still liked it. It felt like something was missing. Like the magic from the last book was not transported into the sequel.
John Stephens
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
The plot is a 5 star book. The editing is horrible though in most instances the correct homonym can be interpreted. There are consistency issues and the political references are more than a bit harped on at times.
Bill
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional

More master story telling and battle action of the highest order. Loved every minute of this heroic tale. I do wish the author would proof read a bit more. Despite that I will keep reading.
Jean Oriol
Eric Farley
Nov 06, 2015
vern waechter
Jul 18, 2015

• Retribution (Limitless Lands, #3)
  • Dungeons and Noobs (Noobtown, #4)
  • Opposition (Limitless Lands, #4)
  • Conquest (Limitless Lands #2)
  • Dukes and Ladders (The Good Guys, #5)
  • Castle of the Noobs (Noobtown, #3)
  • The Labyrinth (The Gods' Game #2)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
  • Dungeon Mauling (The Good Guys, #3)
  • The Quizard Mountains (Station Cores, #2)
  • Shade's First Rule (Divine Apostasy, #1)
  • The Final Trial (Level Up, #3)
  • World Quest (Codename: Freedom, #3)
  • Helping a Friend (The World #4)
  • One More Last Time (The Good Guys, #1)
  • Class-A Threat (Disgardium, #1)
  • Nova Terra: Greymane (The Titan Series, #2)
  • Home, Siege Home (The Good Guys, #6)
I'm an army veteran who enjoys long walks in foreign countries and some good beer with videos games at night! I write character driven books for the simple joy of it :)
I have written a Space Opera series called the Free Fleet as well as a Hard Military Science Fiction Series, Harmony War continued in the Maraukian War Series and LitRPG series Emerilia.
Currently I am working on the 10 Realms Serie

Rise of the Free Fleet (6 books)
  • The Recruitment (Rise of the Free Fleet, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Rise of the Free Fleet, #3)
  • From the Black (Rise of the Free Fleet, #4)
  • From Furies Forged (Rise of the Free Fleet, #5)
  • War's Reward (Rise of the Free Fleet, #6)

News & Interviews