Start by marking “Assassination Classroom, Vol. 08: Time for an Opportunity” as Want to Read:
Assassination Classroom, Vol. 08: Time for an Opportunity

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 08: Time for an Opportunity

(暗殺教室 / Assassination Classroom #8)

Ever caught yourself screaming, "I could just kill that teacher"? What would it take to justify such antisocial behavior and weeks of detention? Especially if he's the best teacher you've ever had? Giving you an "F" on a quiz? Mispronouncing your name during roll call...again? How about blowing up the moon and threatening to do the same to Mother Earthunless you take him ...more
Published February 2nd 2016 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Assassination Classroom, Vol. 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassination Classroom, Vol. 08

Start your review of Assassination Classroom, Vol. 08: Time for an Opportunity
David Schaafsma
Veni. Vidi. Slimum.-- Korius Saensar (the teacher!)

A very different feel to this volume, as we get to see our 3-E (low track) kids engaging in some real action and use some of their assassination skills against some--admittedly silly--bad guys, though one guy likes to dip his gun into food and eat it. (I don't explain 'em, I just tell 'em like I see 'em. Just the facts, m'a'am). A cross-dressing Nagisa is featured in this volume. He's emerging as an interesting character. If you like action,
DonutKnow
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, action
Stewart Tame
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Class E takes the fight back to the mysterious mastermind who poisoned their classmates. It turns out that he's someone they all know, but can they stop him before he destroys the antidote they need? Koro Sensei mostly sits this one out, having just barely survived the latest assassination attempt by his students. As always, this series strikes just the right tone between utterly ridiculous and grimly serious.
Cameron
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-these
The only reason I'm giving it one less star than the rest of them is because some of the artwork for the villains made me nauseous. Still a very good edition to the story!
Lys ♡
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Guys I fkn love and adore this series!
Wow these volumes just keep getting better and better. I actually loled reading this! 😂
Theres a lot more action now too which is fabuloussssss!
I loved Karmas lil fight scene, he finally got his time to shine. Also, goddammit Im really starting to like Terasaka now that hes not such an asshole.
Chris Taylor
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm honestly surprised this series has continued to have intriguing storylines. The original premise has developed so well that I can't wait to read the next one. Luckily my wife's a librarian so I have all issues through volume 12!
Nadine
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this installment the pace is picking up again, lots of action and drama, but I missed our monster-teacher, who was a bit in the background due to... circumstances. Haha.
Good series, I really enjoy it.
Mateen Mahboubi
A high-stakes volume, this one takes place entirely outside the classroom as our favourite class tries to solve a mystery and leave with their lives! The series is pretty consistent, if each volume wasn't such a quick and easy read, I would have probably given up by now but I'm getting enough from them to continue to see this to the end.
Darquesse
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
through and through thrilling!
THAT CLIFFHANGER THO! NAGISA MY "BOY"
Dorothy Weigand
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the way this story is told. Koro sensei is getting more and more unusual as time goes by in this series. I am enjoying my read of it and I can't wait to continue!
Dominique "Eerie" Sobieska
Overall Rating: 8/10 - I enjoyed this series. Original, full of detailed characters. The story is original and very well written. You end up hating and loving Koro-Sensei and understand the emotion each student goes through until the end. Ending is perfect, wouldn't change a thing. I recommend this series. ** Love those covers by the way, simple and perfect fit.

Do I recommend it:
Image result for assassination classroom yes! gif
Oh yes! It's super fun, each character is fun, original and maturing as the story progresses. Lots of comic relief and
Cody Knepper
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great volume of one of my favorite manga. I like how this whole volume took place and was set around the hotel break in, and we even get some more next volume which I'm hyped about. There was some pretty good fights in this volume, like the one where they trick the guy who likes to eat his gun. That was a thought out fight if I've ever seen one. Karma humiliating that guy who always assassinate's with his hands was really funny, good going Karma. But the end had a great twist, the guy ...more
Daphne
I'm torn between giving this 4 or 5 stars. On one hand, I realy enjoyed this, but on the other hand, I'm not sure that it merits a 5-star rating. I can't think of anything that was wrong with it, but I've been trying to be more of a critical reader lately, and I don't know if this was as good as something like Harry Potter or The Book Thief. That being said, this was really, really good. It was so much fun seeing the students utilizing their skills! And I really liked the role Karma played in ...more
Jenny Clark
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good volume, showing how the students have grown and showing off Ms. Jelovitch's and Mr. Karasuma's skills, as well as pitting the students against masters.
I do like the fact that they are being trained to be as non violent as they can be under the circumstances. This is turning into a very interesting series. I do wish we learned a bit more about Koro- Sensi's past, as we have not seen much about it in the past few books.
The art was nice and clear, not to flowery and easy to
Megan Lowde
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-library
I really enjoyed this volume - it's the first time we've really got to see a long arc within the manga, the whole volume being a continuation of the class' time on the island and centred around the infiltration of the hotel, ending on quite the cliffhanger. We got to see more of Karma and how he has developed as a character whilst still keeping the core traits of his personality, which I loved, and Nagisa cross-dressed! It was also very nice to see Irina in action, as well as Karasuma, and the ...more
Emmelyn
This is my favourite volume so far! This made me nod in awe, this made me laugh out loud, this made my heart pound in alarm.

One of the best things about this volume is that Koro Sensei is incarcerated. So like they pointed out in the story, this allowed the other characters' talents to shine because he can't swoop in and save the day as usual. God, Karasuma's attractive. And finally we get to see Ms Vitch being useful! And that whole speech of Koro Sensei's about how Chiba and Hayami needn't
Maddie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was so good! It was a while back that I read #7, but this managed to remind me! I'm still a little lost on the characters, but that's alright given that there's a whole classroom of them and they're all pretty mixed up. But that plot twist about who was behind that whole plan shocked me! And what was up with that guy who liked to 'taste his gun'... That could be taken very wrongly without a picture XD But I am so glad that Class 3E is coming into their own and becoming fantastic people!
Rudolph
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Infiltration via rock climb, the constant threat of professional assassins, and the trigger man who was triggered by our androgynous protagonist. Three unique killers and a club full of lively goons and creepers. I'll admit that Nagisa being forced into cross-dressing and getting hit on by Yuji was pretty damn funny, especially when Karma made him pay for it in the end. Tensions are high. The climactic re-match is set, let the games begin again.
Bethany
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind)
A group of students become deathly ill at the vacation retreat. and an old foe is behind it. As the students try to get the antidote, Kuro Sensi is of no use sense he is in his ultimate protective form. In this volume we get to see the childrens skill set has really increased along with their loyality to each other.
Ellie (ermreading)
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite Karma moments happens in this volume, as well as Chiba and Hayami being great again <3

Stellar, as always. Literally, there isn't going to be a single one of these I don't rate 5 stars because I already know the plot and the characters and that I love them, these volumes just contain extra scenes that weren't in the anime and I love it all the more for them
Mark Evans
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A long, action-packed story arc that makes for a solid read. Its basically impossible to keep track of who half this class is, though; Negima (for all ITS faults, trouble distinguishing students isnt one of them) this aint.

Im really amused they made a whole plot point out of the fact that Negisa looks like a female character though.
Scott Lee
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best volume in the past five or so at least. I was finally captured by the characters, the plot, and the other obstacles the kids faced. I didn't see the surprise reveal at the end of the book coming either. Much improved over what was beginning to feel ultra repetitive in recent volumes.
Lia Apperley
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was really good - I loved that this volume was quite different from the previous ones. It had the same overall feel, but it was quite different story wise. The stakes felt a bit higher and it was cool to see the students use their assassination skills outside of the classroom. I'm excited to see where the story goes in the next volume.
Emily Mozzone
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Absolutely fantastic! This arc is drawn out vs. the previous chapter-long stories, and it really allowed every single one of the characters to shine. I can't wait to see the conclusion with Nagisa to this story in the next novel. This series gets better and better as it goes along, it's so refreshing to not have something like this lose its charm.
Alyssa
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So exciting!

I saw the anime already, but it's so cool reading the manga. The excitement is still there. And you'll feel so much while reading. It's so nice to meet the students with their profiles and even just their shining moments in the series. Definitely reading more!
Jake
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really, really enjoy this arc, seeing E Class pitted against experienced assassins and groups is really enjoyable, as it highlights their growth as individuals.

One of the assassins is really, REALLY weird, but still a really enjoyable story.
Carter
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chad de Lisle
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun fun fun
Adam
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2018
After half of the class are abducted and injected with a deadly virus, its up to the rest of Class E to find the culprits and the antidote. Decent volume. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Assassination classroom 18
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • ワンパンマン 4 [Wanpanman 4] (Onepunch-Man, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • Dr.STONE 2 (Dr. Stone, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 [Boku No Hero Academia 13] (My Hero Academia, #13)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 12 [Boku No Hero Academia 12] (My Hero Academia, #12)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 3 (Deadman Wonderland, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)
  • Parasyte, Volume 3
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 [Boku No Hero Academia 11] (My Hero Academia, #11)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 18 [Boku No Hero Academia 18] (My Hero Academia, #18)
Yūsei Matsui (松井優征 Matsui Yūsei?, born January 31, 1981 in Saitama, Japan) is a manga artist known for manga Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. He was an assistant of Yoshio Sawai, the manga artist of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Shirota Masakage made a cameo appearance in Shinsetsu Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo).

暗殺教室 / Assassination Classroom (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • 暗殺教室 1 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 1] (Assassination Classroom, #1)
  • 暗殺教室 2 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2] (Assassination Classroom, #2)
  • 暗殺教室 3 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 3] (Assassination Classroom, #3)
  • 暗殺教室 4 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 4] (Assassination Classroom, #4)
  • 暗殺教室 5 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 5] (Assassination Classroom, #5)
  • 暗殺教室 6 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 6] (Assassination Classroom, #6)
  • 暗殺教室 7 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 7] (Assassination Classroom, #7)
  • 暗殺教室 9 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 9] (Assassination Classroom, #9)
  • 暗殺教室 10 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 10] (Assassination Classroom, #10)
  • 暗殺教室 11 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 11] (Assassination Classroom, #11)