Start by marking “Assassination Classroom, Vol. 09: A Shocking Time” as Want to Read:
Assassination Classroom, Vol. 09: A Shocking Time

Assassination Classroom, Vol. 09: A Shocking Time

(暗殺教室 / Assassination Classroom #9)

Ever caught yourself screaming, "I could just kill that teacher"? What would it take to justify such antisocial behavior and weeks of detention? Especially if he's the best teacher you've ever had? Giving you an "F" on a quiz? Mispronouncing your name during roll call...again? How about blowing up the moon and threatening to do the same to Mother Earth—unless you take him ...more
Published April 5th 2016 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Assassination Classroom, Vol. 09, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassination Classroom, Vol. 09

Start your review of Assassination Classroom, Vol. 09: A Shocking Time
David Schaafsma
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-school
This volume features the end of the Nagisa fight, but again, there's a failed assassination, which you gradually get to see is probably not going to happen. I loved this series in the first couple volumes. The idea is a octopus-like teacher in a middle school who intends to blow up the world; the students must assassinate him, but they actually come to like him as a great teacher. So they keep trying to assassinate him but are kind of actually glad they fail. But how long can this go on?

Still,
Stewart Tame
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Summer vacation ends with an attempt by Koro Sensei at playing matchmaker. A member of Class E receives a promotion to Class A. Is it deserved, or just further attempts at manipulation on the school's part?

Some of these storylines could come off preachy and heavy-handed with the wrong approach. I marvel constantly at how deftly Matsui tells his tale, neither too straight, nor too goofy. Yes, it's fluff, but it's exceedingly well done fluff.
DonutKnow
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, funny
Why can't I have a teacher like Koro-sensei? :P
Jenny Clark
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was another good volume, wrapping up the summer vacation arc and starting the second semester of school, as well as throwing in a few loops. There are still a few open plot points, but I am sure they will be answered in later volumes.
Koro- Sensi is a very cool teacher. I love how he never puts his students down and takes the time to learn about them so he can teach each one in the best way for them. All in all, a good series that has plenty of laughs, action and heart.
Dorothy Weigand
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was okay. I liked the action at the beginning, but the rest was okay edging into meh. I, personally, am not in any way interested in Irina's romantic affiliations and the only interaction I want with Gakuho Asano is to push him off of the nearest tall thing (building, overpass, ravine....) and watch him go splat at the bottom. He almost makes Takaoka look stable. They were right to give him a millipede as his most-like creature.

Major point keeping the star rating up is Karma admitting that h
Carter
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was cool to know that nagisa defeated takaoka again the way how he acted. He was scary.
Paula
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s so funny and I’m getting so invested in these characters. They’re all so well thought out. Also I love the little cartoons at the end with Saiki, that’s another great anime that I would to read its manga.
Ashley Rose
3.5 stars! Really liked the fight in the beginning. Was just okay from then on.
Nadine
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was easily the best installment yet, I laughed out a couple of times, there are basically two storylines and I loved them both. I like the characters more and more. Can't wait to see how it all ends.
Maria Kramer
Fun volume! Loved the character development of Ms. Jelavitch and Takebayashi.
Mitchell Xiong
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hello there again people of the internet I'm done with reading Volume 9 of Assassination Classroom. I have already read Volume 1-8 and they were all amazing and kept me entertained. In my review it will contain SPOILERS so read at your own risk. In Volume 9 it continues the event that happened in Volume 7-8 In Vol.9 the main protagonist Nagisa is in another 1v1 with Class E's old PE teacher Takaoka. In Vol.8 half of Class E were poisoned by Takaoka because he was angry and frustrated at Nagisa(N ...more
Scott Lee
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I swear I reviewed this once already, but perhaps I didn't save the darn thing correctly.

This volume was much stronger than the last few in my opinion because the story moved away from its core--the repeated attempts to assassinate Koro Sensei and all the gags that occur in the mean time--and did some character work that I actually enjoyed. The climax of the conflict from the previous volume with Takaoka starts it all off and we get a nice chapter or two with Nagisa.

The following chapters are
Megan Lowde
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-library
Finally we see a satisfying conclusion to the island arc, and an interesting twist with (view spoiler) Overall, this was still a very enjoyable volume, though for me it lacked the excitement of the previous few. As always, I adored every panel with Karma in, and Nagisa is slowly growing on me as a character. The summer festival was a nice little touch, though sadly the middle section of the vol ...more
Sharla
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, so much happened in this volume! We got to Nagisa defeat the boss of this story and hear Karma start to understand his friend's real power. I got a better sense of Smog, Grip, and Gastro. They were great in the anime, but the manga gave me more time to get to know them. And it's fun that we get to keep seeing the softer side of professional assassins.

The whole matchmaker story line - though I'm kind of with Koro Sensei on this point. And poor Irina...

And unless I'm REALLY drawing a blank,
Rudolph
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A conclusion to a cliffhanger fight to the death. Summer fun on the island of Okinawa. New threats that loom over the horizon, and the scent of betrayal in the air like blood mist among the frenzy. The glow of the sun that peaks upon the "chosen ones" is not as bright to one who crept in the "darkness". What lies on the horizon, with only six months until the deadline and a twenty-million-yen boost to the bounty?
Daphne
This was definitely a filler volume, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I really liked the development of Irina and Karasuma's characters. The chapter that focused on them was so much fun! The last half of this volume had the principal as the main villain, and I'm very happy about that. Those episodes are always so much more interesting than the more action-y ones. Hopefully the next volume is as good as this one was.
Emily Mozzone
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
An excellent book on par with the quality of the other Assassination Classroom books! It's halfway through the school year, meaning our protagonists only have 6 more months to assassinate their teacher. As always, I'm excited to see where Nagisa goes. It loses stars for the random Takebayashi arc that lasts a few chapters and has no lasting impact. I feel like that was just thrown in there to give him more book time.
Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind)
The final days of the vacation include a boss battle with the students against an old foe and some of the toughest adult killers in the world. When the students return to school they find one of their classmates has been upgraded to the regular classes. They are blown away by the defection and the story shifts to seeing this students experiences in his new world
Maddie
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this back story into Takebayashi! How family chains really do drag someone down, and how freeing it is to overcome that and realise what it is you really want! I love the speech he gave in front of the school, and how sometimes a bad decision needs to be made to realise what the right decision is.
Abbie
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adam
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2018
I do enjoy that there are side stories to the main plot of Class E trying to assassinate their teacher, Koro Sensei, but come on, all these extra arcs are getting tedious. Can we get back to the reason we’re all here?
Annette
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one may be my favorite thus far

Friendship is the most important thing to many people. More important than a family, because you choose your friends and must work to keep them.
Lia Apperley
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was good. I liked seeing how the story from the last couple of volumes wrapped up, and I also liked getting back into the drama of the school. This one had a good mix of fun and serious moments, and overall it was an entertaining read.
Destiny
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This volume was great. I loved the close knit group the class has created.
Jannah (Cloud Child)
Cute. Really need to see this in anime form
Alyssa
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pandering

This volume is focused more on the ties and relationships of the students in class 3E. It also shows the real enemies in people's every day life. Pretty good read!
Jake
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Assassination Classroom goodness!
Emmelyn
I'm getting VERY attached to these characters and invested in their storylines. Who knew so many of them would become so relatable?
Jon the
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one so far!!!
Michelle Gray
Tongue-tied: read a translated book
Goodreads Summer Challenge 2019
Conflict and Setting 1 4 Oct 23, 2017 04:31PM

• Assassination classroom 18
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 8
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 9
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 10
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 11
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 12
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 3 (Deadman Wonderland, #3)
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 7
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • かぐや様は告らせたい ~天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦~ 14 (Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, #14)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)
  • Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Vol. 6
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 5 (Deadman Wonderland, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • Deadman Wonderland, Vol. 2 (Deadman Wonderland, #2)
Yūsei Matsui (松井優征 Matsui Yūsei?, born January 31, 1981 in Saitama, Japan) is a manga artist known for manga Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. He was an assistant of Yoshio Sawai, the manga artist of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Shirota Masakage made a cameo appearance in Shinsetsu Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo).

暗殺教室 / Assassination Classroom (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • 暗殺教室 1 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 1] (Assassination Classroom, #1)
  • 暗殺教室 2 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2] (Assassination Classroom, #2)
  • 暗殺教室 3 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 3] (Assassination Classroom, #3)
  • 暗殺教室 4 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 4] (Assassination Classroom, #4)
  • 暗殺教室 5 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 5] (Assassination Classroom, #5)
  • 暗殺教室 6 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 6] (Assassination Classroom, #6)
  • 暗殺教室 7 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 7] (Assassination Classroom, #7)
  • 暗殺教室 8 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 8] (Assassination Classroom, #8)
  • 暗殺教室 10 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 10] (Assassination Classroom, #10)
  • 暗殺教室 11 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 11] (Assassination Classroom, #11)

News & Interviews