Start by marking “He Will Be My Ruin” as Want to Read:
He Will Be My Ruin

He Will Be My Ruin

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  6,898 ratings  ·  1,228 reviews
A woman who almost had it all . . .

On the surface, Celine Gonzalez had everything a twenty-eight-year-old woman could want: a one-bedroom apartment on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, a job that (mostly) paid the bills, and an acceptance letter to the prestigious Hollingsworth Institute of Art, where she would finally live out her dream of becoming an antiques appraiser for a
Published February 2nd 2016 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about He Will Be My Ruin, please sign up.
Neslihan Damiani Europeans use comma and period just the opposite of Americans. Like $1.000.000 for a million dollar and 1,5 loaf of bread.

·  6,898 ratings  ·  1,228 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::::

That must be what he does — he uncovers your secrets, your fears, your flaws — and  he uses them against you.

He did it to Celine.
And now he’s doing it to me.

Thrilling, addictive, and filled with hidden secrets that kept me guessing the whole way through, He Will Be My Ruin kept me reading for hours without stopping. I loved it!

Technically, this is a Suspense novel, but do strongly feel like it'll appeal to fans of Romance. It's quite sexy even though it does
Christy
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

photo ECB6EDF9-C943-4230-982A-8E9471AF6E35_zpsmve5bidp.jpg

OMG What did I just read?!? It took me 3 days to read this book. I have to admit, it had a bit of a slow start for me, but once it picked up, I could not put it down! I had all these theories running through my head. I thought for a minute there I was right, that my instincts were correct, then I realized, I have terrible instincts! I kind of love that in the end I wasn’t right, that it was unpredictable like that.

Maggie and Celine have been best friends since they were young children.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
4 Stars!!

description

First and foremost I have to say I totally love the title. Not only because is that kind of title that remains imprinted on your brain, but also because the entire time I wondered who the hell is ‘he’. “He Will Be My Ruin” is a suspense/mystery novel without any romance elements (IMO, which I loved since I’m not really a fan of romantic suspense), but with some erotic ones that made this read pretty thrilling to me. This book was awesome and yes, I was hooked from the beginning. The pro
Candace
Well, I didn't see that coming! This book was nothing that I expected, but better than I had imagined. Full of mystery and suspense, it kept me guessing right up to the end. Although this book was more of a grown up Nancy Drew story than my usual type of smutty romance, I enjoyed it immensely.

The story centers on solving the mystery of Celine's death. Ruled a suicide, Celine's best friend, Maggie, is determined to get to the bottom of her friend's untimely death. Maggie doesn't believe for a sec
Jennifer Kyle
4 STARS

description

Maggie Sparks leaves her work in Africa to the busy city of New York to pack up her best friend’s antiques filled apartment after she shockingly seems to have committed suicide. The two friends couldn’t be more different from one another. Maggie is from a very wealthy family while Celine was the daughter of the Sparks’ family nanny. The girls grew up together and share a love for Celine’s mother and close sister type bond.

description

Maggie’s hunch that her friend’s suicide could possibly be murder
Brandi
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
description

He Will Be My Ruin was a great, suspenseful read. When Maggie Sparkes arrives in New York City, she is prepared to pack up the belongings of her best friend, Celine Gonzalez. According to police, Celine committed suicide, something Maggie is struggling to accept. And when she discovers a photograph with an eerie message written on the back, she starts asking questions. The deeper she digs, the more things just don't add up.

With the help of a PI, Maggie uncovers things about Celine's private life
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 BRILLIANT STARS

This was such a fantastic story. It was so different from K A Tucker's other books! This is definitely my favorite book from this author because it's so unique. He Will Be My Ruin is a compelling, mysterious, captivating and refreshing story! I was on the edge of my seat so many times wondering what would happen next!

description

I loved Maggie. She is the best heroine that a story like this could have! She was stubborn, determined, funny and strong. She would do anything to learn what real
Andie
This being my first KA Tucker book, I didn't exactly know what to expect going into it. I have friends that have raved about KA Tucker's books so this seemed like the appropriate time to dive in. And I was certainly not disappointed!

There were so many twists and turns, constantly keeping me on the edge of my seat. Once I started, I couldn't put it down even if I tried! If I could give this book more than 5 stars I would! Mind = blown.

Maggie and Celine come from completely different worlds but
Beverly
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I have calmed down and processed my thoughts. First I have to tell you, I loved this book. It was unexpected, I mean I knew I would enjoy it because I love Tucker’s books. However, when I learned there was no romance I was scared. For some reason I thought I needed it, but I didn’t, like at all. I loved this book exactly how it is.

He Will Be My Ruin is a story about Celine, her body was just discovered, an apparent suicide. Maggie her best friend arrives in NYC and just can’t believe C
Rachel Reads Ravenously

***Unpopular opinion alert!!!***

Whelp it's safe to say mystery/suspense really ain't my genre. And in fact I remember being pissed I got denied on the arc for this book (which now I see as a blessing in disguise) because I actually do love KA Tucker. One of her book covers is on my phone! If that's not author love I don't know what is. But it looks like I love her contemporary romance books and not her mystery ones.

Anyways, He Will Be My Ruin is the story of Maggie, a wealthy girl who
Dee Montoya
5 Mind blowing Stars*****

(ARC Kindly provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review)

I've been a big fan of this author since reading Ten Tiny Breaths. Her talent with words is innate; her ability to grab on to the reader's attention and emotions is simply spectacular. With this book I wasn't sure what to expect, but I could tell you that nothing could really have prepared me for what this book was about to deliver. A story so extraordinary and unique that it proved to me once again why t
♥Rachel♥
2.5 Stars

Maggie Sparks is stunned to find out her best friend, Celine committed suicide, and can’t bring herself to believe it’s true. As she sorts out and packs up Celine’s belongings, there are suspicious things about Celine’s life that don’t add up with her taking her life. However, the police are not sold on the idea of murder, so Maggie takes it upon herself to ferret out the truth, and the truth is not pretty.

I do love a good twisty mystery and He Will Be My Ruin was definitely that, but s
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

"This man was once my salvation. Now he will be my ruin."

Well, this was quite the delightful little surprise. I put this on my TBR because Tarryn Fisher said to one day on her Facebook page. Do you know Tarryn Fisher????

She recently got engaged which is unfortunate as it deters my plan of marrying her one day – especially when she said she decorates her Christmas tree before Thanksgiving just like me. Soulmates . . . .

But
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"This man was once my salvation. Now he will be my ruin."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Wow! This book was so incredibly intriguing. What a ride.

Maggie Sparkes comes from a very wealthy family. Her parents are knows for their company Sparkes Electric, which Maggie will one day inherit. But, money has never been important to Maggie. At least not in the way people would think. Maggie absolutely loves help
Julie
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker is a 2016 Atria Books publication.

He Will Be My Ruin is a dark and shadowy psychological novel of suspense, told in a unique and original style that kept me turning pages, way past my bed time.

Maggie and Celine were best friends growing up, but were polar opposites. Maggie came from vast wealth, while Celine’s mother did domestic work for Maggie’s parents. The girls remained close well into adulthood, where their paths separated. But, now Maggie is back in New
Liz
"Never underestimate anyone."
description

By just a quick perusal of my shelf, you can see that I enjoy reading a variety of genres and works. Although my favorite type of read is certainly in the realm of romance, I am not afraid to venture out and read new and different things. When I saw that K.A. Tucker had released a new book, of course, I was excited to give it a try. Her descriptive writing style is fluid, her complex characters are unforgettable, and her romance writing is smoking hot! Although I t
Parvathy
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 'My Ruin' stars..

Maggie has arrived in New York to pack up her dead best friend Celine's apartment. The evidences show that Celine overdosed on alcohol and pills. But when Maggie gets to know that Celine had been hiding secrets she questions the nature of her death. Will Maggie find out the truth? And will the truth be something that she did not see coming?

I have mixed feelings about the book. I don't know what I'm feeling after reading the story. The suspense element is definitely the highlig
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 8b6f25be40a451b2629eca268c549f_zpsjhotj6vd.gif

Smart. Brilliant. Chilling. Unforgettable. Heart-pounding. Intoxicating. These are a few words to describe this nail-biting suspense thriller that K.A. Tucker has masterfully written. He Will Be My Ruin is unlike any K.A. Tucker book that I have read. I applaud Ms. Tucker for taking a chance on this uncharted genre that we would not normally expect from her. I have to warn readers that this book is not a romance story. So if you expect
FMABookReviews
Full of twists and turns, He Will Be My Ruin kept me guessing!

K.A. Tucker needs to write more books like this! The way she crafted the story and characters was superb. The ebb and flow of the plot, coupled with the complexity of these characters made for a compelling read. The mystery was intriguing and as soon as I thought I knew what was going on, a twist was thrown in, leading me on a different path, keeping me guessing until the end.

Maggie Sparkes is a humanitarian, a very wealthy humanitari
♡ Kim ♡
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, i-own, giveaway-wins
Great book! I loved it! Thanks Patricia for picking it for me to read this month! This one had me guessing throughout, and I had a difficult time putting it down! :)
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Maggie Speakes is in New York to pack up her best friend's apartment and settle what's left of her estate after she was found dead in her apartment two weeks prior. But when Maggie discovers some curious things amongst her belongings, she begins to question whether Celine's death was actually a suicide and uses her resources to begin investigating.

I really enjoyed the method in how this story was presented. The prologue provides the foundation for your mindse
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.25 Suspenseful Stars!

photo 6B19006A-1833-43ED-9282-789A109DC7D2_zpsmll4str1.gif

This man was once my salvation. Now he will be my ruin.

He Will Be My Ruin was none other than a complete roller coaster ride of epic proportions. I'd heard this is her first dapple into suspense and I'd consider this a huge success. A true murder-mystery "whodunnit" trope, I was completely befuddled the entire book.

When Maggie enters her best friend, Celine's apartment to take care of her possessions after she commits suicide, she's pretty quick to realize things may
Alessandra Torre
I really enjoyed this mystery. I loved the entire world it was built in - the interesting cast of characters, and the constant guesswork that my mind went through. This was just what I needed to get me out of a book rut.

Jiana
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHOA. I just-WHOA. How does one review this book?!? Okay, I will attempt to review this.

I love thrillers. I love feeling on edge and coming up with all those theories and waiting for the twist. However, I haven't read too many thrillers in my life as I'm always reading romance and fantasy. Of course, I appreciate a book that makes my jaw drop and my eyes wide and yes, this book did! I'm still so shook!

“This man was once my salvation. Now, he will be my ruin.”

As the blurb states, Maggie, a ric
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, arc
5 Amazing, Shocking, Stupendous STARS!

description

Me suspecting everyone in the book ---

description

KA Tucker surprised me with this mystery novel. I highly recommend this book, it's fast-paced and will keep you on the edge of your seat and you will not need a nail cutter - the suspense will make you bite your nails off.

description

Do I recommend this book? YES. Read it as soon as you can, it left my jaws and pee hanging there - on the tip :P

description
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I was completely entertained by this book. I picked this book up because of all of the great reviews that I had seen floating around the internet. I felt a little left out at one point since it seemed like everyone but me was reading this book. I had never read K.A. Tucker before but I decided that this would be as good of a place to start as any so I requested the book from my local library before it was even released. My library quickly had
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

The book blurb should have the following warning: “You’d better hold on tight because you’re about to embark on one hell of a suspenseful rollercoaster.” Instead, the blurb says this book is, “sexy,” and, “hot.” I think that’s misleading. This isn’t a racy romance novel with a little whodunit thrown in. Yes, there are some romantic aspects that help propel the plot, but He Will Be My Ruin is first and foremost an edgy, hardcore, emotional thriller that kept me guessing until the end.

Ma
Karen
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Karen by: Jan
Shelves: five-star-reads
Thank you Jan for recommending this book to me. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for.

This is my first book by K.A. Tucker and I had no idea what I getting into. What a surprise!! This author has gained a fan.

The book starts off with a gripping prologue which was enough to gain my interest. As I continued reading I had no idea where the author was taking me. Maggie arrives in New York to settle her best friend, Celine's estate. Celine was found murdered in her apartment but her death
Gabby
Holy shit, this is one of my favorite books of 2016! This book is a sexy new adult thriller and I couldn't get enough of it. It was so addicting. I've been in a reading slump for 3 weeks but I could not put this book down! If it wasn't for work and sleep I would've finished this in one sitting. The romance and suspense reminded me of Colleen Hoover's books, that's how amazing this was.

This book follows Maggie, who has to go back to New York to clean out her best friend's apartment (Celi
Bex | TotallyBex.com

I was already a huge fan of KA Tucker’s writing, but this book blew my mind!

Mind Blown

He Will Be My Ruin takes everything I love about Tucker’s books and magnifies it by a thousand–more intrigue, more mystery, and more deception. It reads like an Agatha Christy-style whodunit, where no one is above suspicion. I am blown away by the intricacy of plot and how the threads of the story were woven together so perfectly. Everything is so richly layered: the characters are perfection, the writing is flawless, an
The Challenge Fac...: Krissy & Heather - He Will Be My Ruin 7 25 Jul 27, 2016 05:24AM
Weekly Romance Gr...: Start on April 13th! 12 16 Apr 17, 2016 01:31PM
Grady (spoiler alert) 2 100 Feb 05, 2016 11:02PM

• Bury Me
  • Wasted Lust
  • Running Barefoot
  • Blue Hill Blood
  • Seeds of Iniquity (In the Company of Killers, #4)
  • The Blue Ice
  • Ryder (Ayesha Ryder #1)
  • Dirty Promises (Dirty Angels, #3)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • In Velvet
  • Girl of Lies (Rachel's Peril, #1; Thompson Sisters, #5)
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
  • Maybe Maby
  • Deadly Shore
  • Wife Number Seven (The Compound, #1)
  • False Lines (Blurred Lines, #7)
  • Deep Shadow (Caribbean Dive Adventures Book 1)
  • Collared
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the USA Today bestselling author of 17 books, including the Causal Enchantment, Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, and The Simple Wild.

Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, First for Women, and Publisher's
“But with Celine, she managed to amass a collection of a thousand pieces, each one hand-selected for its historical value and beauty, and then turn her apartment into a masterpiece that you could sit back and enjoy. She wasn’t just a collector, she was a curator.” 2 likes
“This man was once my salvation. Now, he will be my ruin.” 2 likes