Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 4 (My Hero Academia, #4)” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 4 (My Hero Academia, #4)

My Hero Academia, Vol. 4

(My Hero Academia #4)

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

The U.A. High sports fes
Published May 3rd 2016 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero Academia, Vol. 4

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
*screams* i love these characters way too much *ends screaming*

No, but really. I love these characters so much! This one really showcased how they can be friends and still maintain healthy relationships when competing against each other. *runs off to read volume 5*
Maria
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!! The sports festival allows us to get to know new characters and learn more about everyone’s personalities and quirks. I’m happy to see how friendly and supportive the characters are being towards their classmates/teammates.
P.S. Shoto Todoroki is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Such complex character with a tragic background.
P.S.S. Do not underestimate Fumikage Tokoyami, kids 👀🦅
Artemy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 5-stars
In the great tradition of other shonen mangas like Dragon Ball, the tournament that started in the previous volume takes up the entirety of this follow-up book as well, and it seems far from over. It’s also very entertaining! We find out even more about the characters, and their development is actually pretty impressive. Also, I have to mention that Ochako Uraraka not only has the best name ever, but is hands down my favorite character in this manga, and one of the coolest female characters I’ve ...more
Tilly
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's getting better!
Shannon
So good. Can't stop won't stop.
😄
Beth
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Sometimes three stars means I'll continue a series, sometimes not. A lot of it depends on how much I feel (or, more accurately, imagine) a sympathetic resonance with the story the author is telling. After four volumes, that is lacking in My Hero Academia. I didn't fall in love with it, or feel particularly compelled to continue.

Part of it's because so many of the characters are hung up on "being #1," and while this is by no means uncommon in shonen manga, here it feels like competitiveness is o
Daniel
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not much to say here. The plot is moving... but sloooowly. Still the art is nice and getting better.
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, ya
I feel like I've never wanted the next book in a series as badly as I want Volume 5 of My Hero Academia.

This was some good shit, boys. Just like this series always is. I know it's already pretty fast that they come out every few months, but I feel like it could be even faster. Like does it really take that long to translate and touch-up and all that? I kind of feel like I'm talking like an ungrateful brat right now, so I'll stop.

This whole volume (which consists of chapters 27-35) still just co
Natalie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this volume we continue with the U.A. Sports Festival, starting with Round 2 - the "Cavalry Battle". Unfortunately for poor Midoriya, thanks to coming first in the first round he ends up with a massive target on his back due to how the points system works, making it hard to find team members for this round... oops? 8'D

Bakugo was pretty great in that round, basically being his usual pissed off self and just wanting to win, especially after someone from class 1-B decided to challenge him by ba
Jamie
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-manwha
The first 1/3 of the book was about the strange Joust-like tournament round. This was one of the weirdest games I have ever seen! Then the finalists go into the next round of one on one battles. We get to see a lot more quirks. Some interesting, others are just plain odd.
The where several scenes that were not easy to follow. Too much action to understand properly. The panels also jump around a lot between characters on the field. Does not help. Probably looks great in anime form but paper image
Nicola Mansfield
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great volume action-packed with battles but also gives us great insight into a lot of characters. The book starts off with a team challenge where the contestants divide themselves into teams of four and play until four teams have captured all the points. Then the rest of the book does one-on-one battles with the remaining sixteen players ending before the final battle. While the main character is developing and gaining in his powers it is the close look at all the various side characters which ...more
Selena
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We're into tournament battles now! I'm glad Horikoshi-sensei keeps them short and to the point. Too often shounen series that have battle tournaments drag things on waaaay too long.

These ones are interesting, too, since they're all with quirks. It reminds me a bit of MAR's battles later in the series, with all the crazy weapons and magic.
unknown
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nothing like a pointless school competition to get me into a shonen manga.
Sulhan Habibi
Anime nya lebih seru. Salah sendiri nonton dulu. Haha
Yoru || ~Cyanide Latte~
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
[REVIEW TO COME LATER UPON RE-READ.]
...
That aside, it feels good to read more of the manga for this series rather than solely watching the anime.
Elias Alexander
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh my god 😱😱😱😱. This was so good.
| Maiko-chan |

bbies so pretty in color. also I've completely fallen into KiriBaku hell and I love it

guess who my favorite is

I don't really ship it that much yet but I can see how TodoDeku is a popular ship

Ashley
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dani St-Onge (Literary Lion)
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
For more reviews and bookish content: http://literarylion.ca/

Horikoshi is still finding his footing at this point in the series but it's already clear that it's going to be something incredibly special. This whole volume is solidly in the middle of the Sports Festival Arc which lets you get to know more about several student backstories and quirks. Hitoshi Shinso is a breakout hit minor character who became wildly popular with fangirls but we also see more of Todoroki, Iida, Kaminari and the res
Nicholas Driscoll
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taylor Ramirez
Bradley
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I still have my doubts about the series, however this volume was promising. Tournament style stuff with classes competing against classes and students versus students. We're seeing a lot more the characters and a lot more interaction.
cindy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-mha
Izuku yg berhasil menjuarai fase eliminasi di festival olahraga, malah skrg punya tanggungan terberat, poin 1 juta terpasang di kepalanya, untuk diperebutkan oleh semua tim lain. *aku suka ide permainan ini, adu lihai strategi selain cuma kekuatan*

Kenneth
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this volume sports festival starts! You can see most of the classmates fighting and using their super power. Until this volume, most characters doesn’t appear much so I was very happy to see them all.
Rollin
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
On the plus side, this one mostly sticks with the UA festival, which is a treat. The one-on-one battles are glorious, even if the big stuff is saved for the next volume. A good read, but feels like filler in an otherwise packed series.
Krista
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
うん、先言ったけど、漫画の方のペースは速い!!

理由は分かってきた。主人公は緑谷が他のメインキャラは爆高、轟、とお茶子。他のキャラのバトルは描いていない、でもアニメあった。21巻までの漫画はどこまで話が続けて楽しみ!!

ほりこし先生のネーミングセンスは面白い。多分前は分からなかったけど漢字能力最近上がったので皆の名前が個性の関係あるの。もちろん爆高は分かりやすいけど心操人使は「しんそうひとし」の発音があるが意味は人の心を操って利用している。もちろんネイティブの日本人は一目でその意味分かるけど私にとっては新し能力!
Elinor Master of Gifs
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Un très bon tome !! Faut dire que les tournois, c'est mon truc... évidemment la prochaine rencontre promet beaucoup, du coup ben... comme toujours... j'ai hâte de lire la suite ! ^^
Lrchhn
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, manga
I love this manga and univers so much :')
Roy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didnt actually buy this. Got it as a present. Had no plans to start this again. However I'm pretty glad I did again. So many cool fight scenes. Loved it.
Céline NARICADOU
Le tournoi est bien cool!!
J'ai hâte au dernier combat!
  • ハイキュー!! 5 IH突入! [Haikyū!! 5 IH Totsunyū!]
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • ゴールデンカムイ 1
  • ワンパンマン 6 [Wanpanman 6] (Onepunch-Man, #6)
  • Cross Game 4 (Cross Game, #8-9)
  • Sweetness and Lightning 2
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 [Boku No Hero Academia 11] (My Hero Academia, #11)