Start by marking “Deadly Intent (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #4)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Intent (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #4)

Deadly Intent

(Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce #4)

She’ll do anything to find her sister…

Deep undercover with a Tijuana drug cartel, FBI agent Sophia Diaz is two days away from making the biggest bust of her career…and tracking down her sister who went missing ten years ago. But when a rival cartel puts out a hit on her, there’s only one man who can keep her alive.

He’ll do anything to keep her safe…

Immigration enforcement
ebook
Published July 13th 2015 by Beach Path Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Intent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Intent

Sunny
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
From the blurb, this book has all the elements of my favorite kind of romantic suspense - a second chance love story, an on-the-edge alpha hero who is willing to risk it all for love, and a strong-willed, kick-butt heroine who can go toe to toe with the hero.Unfortunately, although the story was suspenseful, the hero was honorable, and there was a good dose of smexy, I find the heroine so unlikeable that ultimately, I found it difficult to enjoy the story.

Things that made me stamp my feet in fr
Jeanie Jackson
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
Deadly Intent is thrilling, fast passed, terrifying, and awesome. Sophia has been undercover with a Mexican cartel for nine months and her work is almost done when her boss sends in an agent to pull her out. Not only does she want to complete the assignment and make the arrest herself, but she has another reason for being there. This is the cartel that she believes kidnapped her younger sister years ago and it may be her only clue to her sister’s whereabouts. No way is she leaving until she has ...more
Margaret
Another great romantic suspense from Misty Evans. With a slightly darker edge, this book starts with action on the first page and doesn’t stop until the end. The romance, like the overall story, was a bit dark and edgy, and worked nicely with the undercover operation and past history Nelson and Sophie share.

I loved the fact that Sophie was a total bad-ass. She definitely knew how to take care of herself but...her need to do things by herself all the time was really frustrating. I understood her
Amy R
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can't get enough of Misty Evans' books! She writes romantic suspense so well. She is always creative with her story ideas and her intimate scenes are pretty darn hot! I love her SCVC Taskforce books and Deadly Intent is another great one to read. If you like romantic suspense, check this book and series out.
Elisa Hordon
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome story in this series from this author
Ellen White
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nelson is undercover as part of the Savages motorcycle gang. FBI agent Sophia is looking for her sister, last seeing her was ten years ago with a drug cartel. Now working undercover for a drug cartel, when anther drug cartel puts a hit on her. Who but Nelson could protect her. Without blowing his cover it will be tricky. With secrets she had it could be the end for both of them. Fast action.
Michelle
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It took a lot of effort for me to finish this book. Why? Because I detested Sophie, I felt she was never honest, always hiding things. Plus, she was an FBI agent who was breaking the law. That really really irks me.

This is one book that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.
Sue
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Deadly Intent Misty Evans gave me a whirlwind of action, suspense, and romance. Nelson and Sophie have a past, and now they have a present together too...but will they have a future together?

Nelson and Sophie's past is interesting, and the feelings still swirl around them when they are together, as much as Sophie in particular doesn't want them to. She has her own end goal and passion, one she keeps secret even from Nelson. Although Sophie was a difficult character at times to understand and
IzzyISH
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Deadly Intent by Misty Evans is the fourth book in her Southern California Violent Crimes series. I can always count on Ms. Evans to provide a romantic suspense novel that is more than just a romance novel.

Sophia is an undercover FBI agent intent on bringing down a big drug cartel in Tijuana, Mexico while locating her sister who was kidnapped by the same cartel. Nelson is an undercover ICE Agent sent to bring Sophia back to the states before they have their big bust against Rodrigo, who is the s
Judyrudy
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Deadly Intent is the fourth book in Misty Evans’ series Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce (SCVCT). I have read the three prior books in the series and I look forward to reading the next installment.

I liked the book but, for me, it seemed the first two-thirds moved along slowly. I felt as though the story line didn’t develop as quickly as it had in her previous SCVCT books. I loved Nelson but felt as though Sophia’s character just dragged along. She didn’t want to be a part of a team,
Renee Entress
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, murder, suspense, betrayal, pain, secrets, lies, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Deadly Pursuit (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #1)
Deadly Deception (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #2)
Deadly Force (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #3)

This is Sophie and Nelson’s story. Sophie likes to work alone. She has been on the case for months
Leann
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Leann by: Misty Evans
Deadly Intent by Misty Evans - ARC Review

This book gave me nightmares about snakes.

The book on the whole is really good, it is well written and the story is interesting and the characters are engaging and there are a couple of nice little twists. I gave it a three for two reasons;

1. after all the time and effort of the story line of the bad guys littler sister, there was barely any interaction between her and Sophia at the end, I felt like there should have been more hugs-tears-promises.....I
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series!
This is a great series; this is the fourth book in the SCVC Taskforce Series by Misty Evans. Sophia Diaz is an FBI agent and has gone deep undercover with a Tijuana drug cartel. She is days away from busting this group and tracking down her missing sister when a rival cartel puts a hit on her. Nelson Cruz is an Immigration enforcement officer who has been working undercover as a member of the Savages motorcycle gang. He gets orders to protect Sopia without blowing his cover. This is
Deb
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you get when you put the spy world and passions of the heart together...I got one hell of a book I could not put down. *grins*

Sophia Diaz is so in your face, I love this Heroine. Her love for her sister and others, her passions they all just jump off the pages at me. Sophia will do what it takes to find her sister even take down the ones who have her. What she did not expect is to have the man she ran from showing up in her life.

Nelson Cruz is smart, sexy and so out of his league when it
Linda Quick
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a great addition to the SVCC series. I love the strong characters that struggle to do the right thing under impossible circumstances. In this book, we find Sophia deep undercover in a cartel, but issues from her own childhood add complications that she might not be able to overcome. Then a lover from her past shows up and threatens everything. Misty Evans creates strong, bold characters that are flawed. It makes them more real. Even the villain, while very evil, has a soft side.

This nov
Jojo
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a harder book than the others to get into but well worth it. The story is deep but edgy with all the other components you expect from this collection. The people are hard but with soft spots you slowly fall in love with. Lexie is a great side character too. Not 5 star as the end of the story was a little week from such a strong book and I thought it could handle more if a gritty conclusion all round but Great addition to the collection really loved it well done again misty evens you are ...more
Chrissy
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
****I was given this book in exchange for a Honest Review****

I was so excited to receive this book, from Misty Evens I just knew it was going to be so good. As soon I received this book, I had to read it.

I always love her books, and this book was so GOOD. I loved Sophia and Nelson I loved the Suspense, the action the romance. Just everything about this book.....

As Always I wish I could give this book, more then five stars. I have no idea how Ms. Evens does it every time, but her books are worth
Dawn Cruikshank
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This is such a good book! It will keep you on the edge of your seat. If the bad guys don't get you - sometimes Mother Nature will. So glad this couple worked out and the sister was found safe and sound. Can't wait for the next book to come out - whenever that will be. This is a good series to read!
Juliet
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I think out of the four of this series that has been released, this was the strongest of them all. It certainly had the most depth and plot, as well as a well delineated environment. Not sure if there are more of these books coming out or not but these were good fluff reads.
Sue
Series

Another great read by Misty Evans. These books are best read in order to keep everyone straight. Great plot great interaction.
Jocelyn
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
This is a great series!!:) Loved it!!:)
Sue Stewart
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good series! Love the characters and the suspense in each story.
Toi
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

When you go under cover you don't expect to fall in love with the other agent sent to being you home - Sophie and Nels is quite a thriller and a wonderful love story.
Coral
Dec 28, 2018
Tiffany Hamilton
Sep 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Blindsided (Titanium Security #6)
  • Cold Blooded (Cold Justice, #9)
  • Forever Hers (The Fitzgerald Family, #5)
  • Freaky By Nature (SEALS, Inc., #3)
  • Widow's Tale
  • La Sposa  (Battaglia Mafia #3)
  • Red Sole Clues
  • Kiss of the Phantom (Phantom, #3)
  • With a Vengeance
  • Deadly Women Volume 1: 18 Shocking True Crime Cases of Women Who Kill
  • The DC Dead Girls Club: A Vintage True Crime Story of Four Unsolved Murders in Washington DC
  • The Defender
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author Misty Evans has published over fifty novels and writes romantic suspense, urban fantasy, and paranormal romance.

The books in her Super Agent series have won a CataNetwork Reviewers’ Choice Award, CAPA nominations, the New England Reader’s Choice Bean Pot Award for Best Romantic Suspense in 2010 and the ACRA Heart of Excellence Reader’s Choice Award for Best Romantic S

Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce (7 books)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #1)
  • Deadly Deception (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #2)
  • Deadly Force (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #3)
  • Deadly Attraction (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #5)
  • Deadly Secrets (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce #6)
  • Deadly Target (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce #7)