Start by marking “Forsaken (Fallen Siren, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken (Fallen Siren, #2.5)

Forsaken

(Fallen Siren #2.5)

Join Agents Emma Monroe and Zack Armstrong.
She protected him. He loved her.
They can trust one another with their lives, but what about their hearts?

Special Agent Emma Monroe is a Fallen Siren seeking redemption. Thousands of years ago, she was banished from Mount Olympus by Zeus and cursed by Demeter for failing to prevent the kidnapping of Persephone by Hades. Now she’s
Published July 1st 2015 by All Romance eBooks

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)

Well well well, would you look at that? It looks like this little siren finally got her act together! I was more than ready to (choose all that apply) strangle/hit/slap/punch her after her stupid stupid stupid behaviour in the last instalment but she finally got some sense into her little self so her slow, horrible, painful death shall be postponed until further notice.

Hmm, let me think. Yes, I think you did. Momentarily anyway. Lucky you, Emma Monroe.

Actually my dear girl, you should be really
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews

What an amazing jump back into the Fallen Siren series! Fast action, great plot twists, and some sexy, angry relationship rebuilding between Emma and Zack.

Starting right where we left off in Reckoning, Emma is still recovering from the injuries inflicted by Demeter. She’s just tired and hurting on so many levels. So sitting on a plane next to a very angry Zack isn’t helping much.

Once they land things move rather quickly in the case they have been requested to intervene in, and Zack begins to se
Forsaken picks up the story right after the ending of Reckoning so things are pretty tense between Emma and Zack. It's not been long since Zack found out that Emma had messed with his memory and he's angry and hurt. It doesn't help that Emma can't explain her actions because she refuses to risk his life by telling him the truth. She is terrified he is going to walk away from her forever but at the same time she knows that is probably the safest option for him. They have to put their feelings to ...more
Ezinwanyi
3.5 Stars

Emma Monroe is a fallen siren who is trying to gain redemption and return to Olympus after Zeus and Demeter banished the sirens for not protecting Persephone when Hades kidnapped her. The gods have decreed forgiveness will come from rescuing mortal kids who are missing or kidnapping.

In this addition, her partner Zack Armstrong, a werewolf, recently remembered that they were lovers but Emma erased his memories. So their interactions are really tense and awkward.

One of Zack's friends, bi
Beth
Talk about your intense, suspense filled plot , while reading Forsaken I had to remind myself to breath!

Emma and Zack are searching for a kidnapped young boy. Sent to New York as the requested FBI agents for this case, they struggle with the recent relationship revelations...even though Zack doesn’t remember their past relationship he knows something did go on.

Time is running out for the billionaire’s son so Zack and Emma must put away their differences before more people become collateral dama
Melliane
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mon avis en Français

My English review

When I saw the summary of this novella, I was very surprised by its important length wondering if it wasn’t saying too much. But ultimately, it shows the events of the first two novels and only a small part of the story is presented here (which is just perfect I must say).

I really enjoyed the first two volumes of the series starring this fallen siren and a werewolf whose history is cursed long before anything starts. But it is true that the situation at the e
Sandy Williams
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves urban fantasy
Man, I love this series. I'm still kind of surprised I do because 1) I tend to not like police procedurals and very episodic fiction and 2) I hate books, movies, stories, anything that has something bad happening to kids. The content of the investigations in these books always puts a tightness in my chest, but I've managed to still thoroughly enjoy the book. I think maybe because they've all had happy-ish endings so far? Can't remember if they all have.

Anyway, I totally did not know this book wa
Fangs for the Fantasy
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Emma and Zack’s relationship is fraught – Demeter’s interference has left Emma reeling and Zack angry with a terrible case of magical amnesia

But all of that has to be put aside when a multi-billionaire’s son is kidnapped and his babysitter murdered possibly due to an extreme act of revenge or just simple greed? Answers that can only be found by being professional, putting their issues aside – and going undercover in a sex club

As a book reviewer, there’s a repeat problem I have when reviewing a s
Barb Lie
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forsaken by S.J. Harper is book 2.5 of their Fallen Siren series. This is a novella that picks up right after the second book ended. In Forsaken, S.J. Harper continues the trend of exciting, tense filled stories that are filled with pulse-pounding action. Emma and Zack continue to work together to solve major crimes, despite their intense feelings for each other. Zack cannot remember his relationship with Emma, but knows deep down that something did happen, and he continues to feel the chemistr ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
I received this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review, I was in no way compensated for this review.

I love the Fallen Siren series written by S.J. Harper--the writing duo that comprises of Jeanne C. Stein and Samantha Sommerby! Forsaken takes place right after the events of Reckoning, and as you might recall, things didn't end happily there.

Zack and Emma are going to NYC to help in a kidnapping case, one involving a child. Though things between them are still very tense. And un
Bookmom
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novella length continuation of the A Fallen Siren series that follows FBI Special Agent Emma Monroe, a siren who for thousands of years now is attempting to atone to the goddess Demeter for not being able to prevent Persephone from being taken into Hades. Since then she must keep finding lost or kidnapped children, hoping each time this will be the one that pays off the perceived debt. Her current FBI partner is Zack Armstrong who is also a werewolf. She can’t have anything resembling a relation ...more
Chelsea
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fine read by Ms. Harper. I loved witnessing the growing and shifting dynamics between Emma and Zach, destined to be partners though seemingly always at odds with one another where their personal lives are involved. *dramatic sigh*

After the evens of the last book left Zach doubting whether he wanted to continue on as Emma's partner, they are forced to move past their estranged private affairs when the Big Apple calls their names. A little boy has been kidnapped, and it's up to Zach and
Donna
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! I anxiously await each and every installment. Though this story can be read standalone I feel you would get more enjoyment if you’ve at least read Reckoning (Fallen Siren #2). In Forsaken FBI agents Emma and Zack have been called to New York City because the son of multi-billionaire Roger Maitlan is kidnapped and his babysitter murdered in cold blood. Can Zack get past his perceived betrayal by Emma enough to work with her to find the boy? Emma keeps reminding herself “Redemp ...more
Claudia
I love this series and this book was not different. Although it was only a novelly it was really, REALLY well done and will help me to get over the time till the next book comes out.

The story was very intriguing - I love the plots and the intensity of this series, which is found in every book.
and what I loved most was how things developed between Zack and Emma ... can't wait for the next book
Kathleen Bruce
So freaking good. I love the previous novels and I wanted more of Zach and Emma and let's be honest the last book left us a little heartbroken and wanting to scream "Why!!!" I love the teamwork between Zach and Emma and I finished this too soon and I can't wait to read more!
Ken Liljengren

Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Cindellynn
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4 fangs

This book was a gift from the author and Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock for an honest review

Special Agent Emma Monroe is a Fallen Siren looking for redemption. She spends her days working for the FBI searching and finding the missing. Her partner is Zack Armstrong, a werewolf who was once a Black Ops sniper. He is trying to make up for his past by working with the FBI. Emma erased their affair from his memory and he just found out about it.

Their mission is to
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
This review first appeared on Books That Hook

I received a free copy in exchange for my honest review.

I really enjoyed reading “Forsaken.” I liked that it was easy to read, even though I hadn’t read any of the other books in the series. I’ve wanted to read them, but our library doesn’t carry them, and I was glad for the opportunity to read something in this series.

The mystery and suspense surrounding the kidnappers and their motives grabbed my attention early on in the story. Questions w
Lena
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope-never
Samantha Sommersby, also known as Lori James the owner of All Romance Ebooks/OmniLit, is shady.

I'm providing some links, but you can Google "All Romance Ebooks closing" and see what she did. ARe announced on December 28 they will be closing on December 31, the website will go dark, and any books that haven't been backed up or saved will be lost forever. Some customer have hundreds of books, and with the website being so slow since everyone jumped in to check on their books, no real way to be sur
Buffy Kennedy
*This book does not stand alone at all. I reveal no actual spoilers, but if you 19ve not read the previous book, you 19ll get an idea about the ending.*

This series has always kept me enthralled, even when it made me mad or sad. One of the reasons for that is the case the couple works through in each book. The mystery has always been very well done and well-paced, keeping me guessing and glued to the page. This time wasn 19t as strong in that department, though it was still exciting and contained
Buffy Kennedy
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
*This book does not stand alone at all. I reveal no actual spoilers, but if you’ve not read the previous book, you’ll get an idea about the ending.*

This series has always kept me enthralled, even when it made me mad or sad. One of the reasons for that is the case the couple works through in each book. The mystery has always been very well done and well-paced, keeping me guessing and glued to the page. This time wasn’t as strong in that department, though it was still exciting and contained a cur
Deborah
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. This was a good continuation of the series and a must read for any who are following this series. It starts just after 'Reckoning' and the cliff hanger that we were left with and the injuries that occurred at the end of the last book are still around as well. So the two of them are off on another case and this novella/book was really fast paced and, as always full of action. The romance side of the story is still there but I found it was kind of put to the side for this book and I thi ...more
Merideth
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I was very excited that SJ Harper wrote another installment in this series. Having said that I did not like this book as much as the others I felt like the main characters just decided hey we hate each other! But we are going to screw each other anyway. while I still like this series this was not my favorite in the series.
Ronda
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-favourites
I feel like I've waited forever for another spell with Emma and Zack and now I'm left with wanting a whole lot more!!

I LOVE this series and I LOVE the way it is written, the pull of the words, the pull of the storyline, the pull of wanting more... S. J. Harper has created a series that sits on my favourite shelf...

When is the next book!!!!!!
Sunny
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dang, this is too short. I really liked this .5 story. I like how the authors managed to move the story forward and still brought our two favorite heroes together. It feels like this series is building and I'm really excited to see what is next.
Cheryl Bonner
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed Emma's and Zack's story and the complications of them being together. They are a great team together and they need to stay together.

I couldn't put the book down because I needed to see how it ended. Some great suspense included.
Felicia Wood
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series, but this definitely wasn't my favorite. Too short for the $$ spent. And was more of a mystery/crime novella than an urban fantasy. Still a really enjoyable read, and I can't wait until the next full sized novel is released.
Chelsea
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series. Short stories are nice hoping a full length book is coming soon.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Catch Me (Demon Underground, #6)
  • Onyx Night (Catnip and Cauldrons #1)
  • Sins of the Lost (Grigori Legacy, #3)
  • Dark Deceit (Dark #1)
  • Gray Bishop (Cornerstone Run Trilogy, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Silver #4)
  • Firestorm (Deadtown, #6)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • Blood Enchantment (Blood, #6)
  • Masked Possession (The Masked Arcana, #1)
  • Shadows at Midnight (Shaede Assassin, #5)
  • Waking the Dragon (Vale of Stars, #1)
  • Shattered Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #6)
  • Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)
  • Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • Autumn Moon (Celtic Wolves, #3)
  • Compelled (Vampires in America, #10.5)
S.J. Harper is the pen name for the writing team of Samantha Sommersby and Jeanne C. Stein, two friends who met at Comic-Con in San Diego and quickly bonded over a mutual love of good wine, edgy urban fantasy, and everything Joss Whedon.

Samantha Sommersby left what she used to call her “real life” day job in the psychiatric field to pursue writing full-time in 2007. She is the author of more than

Fallen Siren (3 books)
  • Cursed (Fallen Siren, #1)
  • Reckoning (Fallen Siren, #2)
  • Unknown (Fallen Siren #3)