Start by marking “The Seahorse Legacy (Eyes of E'veria, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Seahorse Legacy (Eyes of E'veria, #3)

The Seahorse Legacy

(Eyes of E'veria #3)

Librarian note: alternate-cover edition of B00KI1K1VE.

a Pirate, bound by a centuries-old oath

As Keeper of the Seahorse Legacy, Cazien de Pollis is a King among pirates, divinely appointed to dispense justice on the seas. Bound by the sacred oath of a long-dead ancestor, he must fulfill a contract to wed the green-eyed Oracle’s Daughter named therein—or risk losing
Published June 27th 2015 by Candent Gate (first published May 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Seahorse Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seahorse Legacy

Start your review of The Seahorse Legacy (Eyes of E'veria, #3)
Shantelle
Ooh … I have just finished reading an utterly thrilling fantasy/fairytale retelling. Did I ever mention to you that THE EYES OF E'VERIA by Serena Chase is a fantastic series? The Seahorse Legacy is the third book to this series, and I was quite blown away!

At the wedding party for the Ryn and her beloved, Erielle de Gladiel dances obliviously with many a handsome young man, enjoying herself quite immensely, for the most part. With her new knighthood, and her big brother and dear friend so happily
Morgan Busse
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cazien is the captain of the Seahorse Pirates and holder of his family’s Legacy, a legacy that gives him special abilities linked to the sea and binds him to a secret oath, one that chose his bride for him hundreds of years before he was born. Of course, being a pirate, he doesn’t like to be told what to do, or in this case, who to marry.

Eirelle is the first woman to ever be knighted in Everia, an honor she has desired ever since she was a child. But little does she know her allegiance is owed
Alyssa
So there's this cover change.

I know a lot of people really love this new cover, so please don't throw stones, but I actually prefer the original cover and was hoping the get the paperback in the original cover to match the others. Don't get me wrong it's a nice cover, I just prefer all my covers to match and the original cover was really cool.
Tinamari
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, along with “The Ryn” and “The Remedy”, has joined the ranks of my favorites. These are books to be savored, that allow you to take a journey with their characters, laughing, crying, despairing and exulting right alongside them. The Seahorse Legacy has an incredibly gripping, well-thought-out storyline which satisfies all expectations created in the preceding installments – its twists and turns bring to mind the realism of a true historical account, something which is only achieved in ...more
Julie Graves
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Excuse me a moment while I gush…I.LOVE.THIS. BOOK!! Author Serena Chase knows how to make a person feel like they are right smack in the middle of the action with her writing! With descriptions like the odiferousness of The Men of Duroc, which had me wrinkling my nose at their stench, to the very vivid action sequences and the fun wordplay between Cazien and Erielle, THE SEAHORSE LEGACY is my favorite so far of the Eyes of E’veria series.

PIRATES!!! Who can resist them? Especially Cazien de
AnnaScott
Personally, I enjoyed the first half of this series better than Erielle's story so far, but overall this was enjoyable. Erielle rather got on my nerves, at parts, but I loved her at the end. Instead of being wise and careful as she was in The Ryn and The Remedy, she was headstrong and rather foolish. Multiple times she deliberately disobeyed orders, knowing full well what that might mean. Cazien was fun to get to know better, and there were several parts when he reminded me of a more sane Jack ...more
Stephanie Roberts
Pirates! I loved this book! It is currently my #1 book for 2016. Lots of adventure, edge of your seat moments, laughter, and quite a few tears later I can't wait to start book 4! Serena continues to amaze me with her ability to not only tell a phenomenal story but to weave it together with beautiful allegory. And it doesn't hurt there are a few pirates in the tale ;) As much as I loved Julien, I may have just switched to Team Caz. Definitely a must read!
Kara
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just knew I was going to enjoy spending more time with Erielle and Cazien and I was right! These two....*sigh* I don't have words to describe how much I love them both. Their adventures are truly of epic proportions and I ended this one SO glad I waited to read it until book four was out!
Kimberly A.
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*This Review May Contain Minor Spoilers*

I bought this book because I loved the first two books in the series. I was also eager to see two minor characters take the stage.

Plot – A-

The plot of The Seahorse Legacy is based on the Grimm fairytale of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. The clearest reference to the fairytale is in a dream Erielle has where she is dancing until the soles of her slippers are worn through. There is also a quest to find out who is responsible for a series of disappearances in
LaShunda
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A Storm is Brewing!

I must must must know what happens next! The adventures, the delays, the mix ups, and a misguided heart too ready too willing too serve, combine to manifest this gripping tale about identity and obedience. A fantastic read. Now for the next!
Addison S
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I kinda wish I lived in this amazing world so I could meet someone like Cazien and Erielle.
Debbie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

I absolutly loved this book! I could hardly put it down! I cant wait to keep reading this story jn the next book. This book has it all.
Deborah O'Carroll
This is the third book in the Eyes of E'veria series. The Ryn and The Remedy form the first two-book set in the series, and The Seahorse Legacy starts another set which will be continued in The Sunken Realm. I have not read the first two books -- I now can't wait to do so! -- and although The Seahorse Legacy references many things from them, I found that it stood on its own quite well (though it still needs the sequel to complete it!).

First of all, this story was gripping and I didn't want to
Lakin
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completely fell in love with the first two books in the Eyes of E’veria series, The Ryn and The Remedy, so I was really excited to return to E’veria! I was also very curious to see what Serena Chase would do from the perspectives of Cazien and Erielle, and let me tell you, I was far from disappointed! Surprised? yes! Shocked? Yes! Thrilled? Pretty much! Disappointed? Definite no way!
It was very intriguing to get in the heads of Captain Cryptic, better known as Cazien de Pollis reigning heir of
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
Giveaway and Full Review: http://www.overweightbookshelf.com/20...

What is so alluring about pirates? Is it the bad boy image? The mysterious swagger and charismatic personalities? Because it certainly isn't the rotten teeth, matted dreads and wooden limbs (thankfully none of which Cazien posses. No, he most certainly belongs to the former category rather than the latter. Those attributes Serena reserves for the vile in scent and personality Men of Duroc.) Regardless of where their allure
Denise
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA, Fantasy, Inspirational Romance readers
Recommended to Denise by: Edgy Inspirational Romance blog
I adored this book! I think this author is just brilliant. So fresh, quirky and clever. This is the third installment in a FOUR book series. UGH! I have to wait for book four which I am NOT happy about. But I digress.

This is a complex, imaginative series that is breathtaking in it's scope. There are worlds within worlds and stories within stories. The detail, the depth of imagination and the breadth of inspiration within these books is epic. There is a war between good and evil; a prophecy
Karen Collier
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Serena Chase has done it again! Now that I’ve finished reading the first part of Cazien and Erielle’s story, as told in The Seahorse Legacy, I simply can’t wait for its conclusion. Except that unlike when I read the start of Rynnaia and Julien’s story in The Ryn with my copy of The Remedy already in hand, this time, the conclusion to be found in The Sunken Realm is not yet available and I’ll have no choice but to wait. Argh! The piratey torture! ;)

So what’s to love about this latest
H.S.J. Williams
I will admit, this book wasn't the story I was expecting. THAT story will be told in the NEXT book. =D

Without a doubt, Serena Chase has a very confident beautiful writing style. Her characters and world step into life within a page. The magic fits so comfortably into her world that it takes me a moment to realize something extraordinary is happening.

Probably the biggest problem I had with this story was not liking the characters. After falling in love with Cazien in the brief few scenes in the
Megan Besing
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was (AM) a big fan of Rynnaia and Julien (from Serena's first Eyes of E'veria books, The Ryn and The Remedy). A princess and a knight, now that’s my kind of happily-ever-after! So I was surprised how much I didn’t miss them! *laughs* Don’t get me wrong they don’t actual go anywhere. They're, still around. But this story’s focus is on the once-blue now green-eyed girl Erielle and all her spunky, wanna-be-a-good-knight 'tude, that seems to land her in trouble. Lots of trouble. Oh and…that ...more
April
Review from 1st read (May 30-31, 2014):
4 1/2 Stars!!!
I have been really looking forward to the release of this book! Cazien is one of those characters that both charms you and sticks with you! I was so excited to read his story and I was not disappointed, well except that I have to wait till 2015 to see it fully played out in Book 4! Anticipation, anticipation, anticipation!!!

This book picks up speed right from the beginning and continues to have you racing through it all the way to the last
Gina Hott
Erielle de Gladiel has been dreaming of knighthood since she was a child. Unfortunately, the reality isn’t anything like her dreams. She’d expected to fight and to win battles not the constant authority and boredom.
And maybe she just doesn’t handle authority as well as she should.
Cazien de Pollis, king of pirates, is furious that Erielle has become a knight! According to the marriage contract she is his & should swear fealty only to him. Of course, he only has himself to blame as he still
Tara
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I did not want this story to end. By far my favorite of the Eyes Of E’veria series, The Seahorse Legacy delivers a fun, enchanting adventure. Hints of the relationship between Captain Cazien and Lady Erielle begin in The Remedy and fully unfold in this engaging tale. Lady Erielle is a heroine with courage and humble heart, a wonderful role model for young girls. Of course, this gets her into trouble and the consequences of her choices lead her to some harsh consequences, which the author ...more
Charity Tinnin
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fiction

I was excited about diving into Erielle's world after meeting her and Cazien in the first two books, but you know what's better? Getting Caz's POV too!! Seriously. Being in their heads allowed me not only to find more to celebrate about them (their strengths) but also to get to know the places they really need growth (their weaknesses). In particular, the struggle Erielle has with the reality of being a knight. My heart was torn open for her and Julien during this arc. Knowing both
Sarah Wright
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book.
The characters are fun and interesting. The heroine is adventurous and saucy. My only criticism is her deep reaction to shame. Usually people who have been raised in a loving family, as she was, bounce back much more quickly. People with abuse or self-esteem issues in their background are tho ones who tend to got stuck there. I thought it was a stretch, but still well done. I also enjoyed reading about the devilishly handsome pirate with a heart of gold.
There was lots of
Marylin
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
Serena has done it again!
I was captured even before I started this book, when I read the last two, yet, this one has its own story to tell.
I love all the action, drama, romance (or almost romance), and the suspense this book brings!
I love the strong personality of Erielle and her constant blunders in trying to be knightly. She tries to do good but she just can't make it work. The same goes for Cazien, he tries to do the right thing, but until he's ready to accept the Legacy, nothing he does
Della Loredo
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christian pirates -- who knew? You'll have to read the books for that to make sense, but it does!

I really love these last two books (#3 and #4) in the series -- great writing, compelling stories, fascinating characters, and just really good fun. Though not directly related to the first two books, they do elaborate on some of the minor characters. In essence, a particular band of pirates are charged with policing the seas of this world, and they do it with their own brand of panache.

Ralene Burke
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the 3rd book in her Eyes of E'veria series, Serena Chase shares the story of the lady knight and the Seahorse Heir. What an engaging tale! If you like pirates, knights, and stories of the high seas and royal courts, you'll love this story.

Just like her first two books, Seahorse Legacy has beautiful details, engaging characters, and a great plot.

The worst part of the whole thing? That it'll be 2015 before we read the rest of their story!
Nancy Gibson
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 The Seahorse Legacy

I gave this five star for the wonderful story Serena has written. The characters are a motley bunch. I wish I had Serena Chases imagination. One of the most enjoyable series I have read. This would make a fabulous movie series! This is not just for young adults. Anyone would enjoy this magical adventure, no matter what age. Haha and I'm a grandmother!
Melannie
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, strong, brave characters take you to a new world filled with danger! I am not at all good at writing and could never give The Seahorse Legacy the credit it deserves. Start by readying The Ryn. These characters will stay with you long after you close the book.

• The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • Thief of Cahraman: A Retelling of Aladdin (Fairytales of Folkshore #1)
  • Samara's Peril (Ilyon Chronicles, #3)
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles, #4)
  • Apprentice of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #1)
  • The Red Dragon Girl (Firethorn Chronicles, #3)
  • Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses, #1)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • The Shadow Within (Legends of the Guardian-King, #2)
  • Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2)
  • Luminosity (White Road Chronicles #2)
  • Curse of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #2)
  • The Midsummer Captives (Firethorn Chronicles #2)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life
  • Ladies of Distinction (4 Book Series)
  • At Your Request (Apart from the Crowd, #0.5)
SERENA CHASE is the author of the critically-acclaimed Eyes of E’veria series. The first two novels of that series, THE RYN and THE REMEDY, released in 2013. Book 3, THE SEAHORSE LEGACY released May 2014 and Book 4, THE SUNKEN REALM released September 2015. Her first contemporary YA romance, INTERMISSION, will release November 15, 2016.

Serena lives in Iowa with her husband Dave, teen daughters

Eyes of E'veria (4 books)
  • The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria, #1)
  • The Remedy (Eyes of E'veria, #2)
  • The Sunken Realm (Eyes of E'veria #4)