Start by marking “Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out!” as Want to Read:
Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out!

Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out!

From the bestselling author of Oh, Yuck! and Oh, Yikes!, with over 1.25 million copies in print, here is an A-Z compendium of hands-on grossness.

Featuring 114 interactive experiments and ick-tivities, Oh, Ick! delves into the science behind everything disgusting.

Stage an Ooze Olympics to demonstrate viscosity and the nature of slime. Observe how fungi grow by making a
Published November 1st 2016 by Workman Publishing Company (first published July 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, Ick!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, Ick!

Start your review of Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out!
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Ick! by Joy Masqff is a fantastic science book for kids! It has such a large variety of science and written in a language that kids get. It has many, many experiments that you can actually do and have the stuff for around the house! They are gross, slimy, stinky experiments, but fun to do and kids will love them. I had fun just reading them. The book also has great pictures and funny illustrations. Some of the subjects include insects, mummies, spit, toilets, viruses, worms, zits, poop, ...more
Denise
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: academic, nonfiction
Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out! by Joy Masoff consists of a lot of experiments that even I could do! They do look gross, but that's why kids will love them. Thanks to NetGalley and Workman Publishing Company for providing this ARC. I will suggest it to teachers and students alike! Who can resist farting, stinky, slimy experiments that you can learn from?
This is a great book for kids that think that science is boring, because this book has experiments in how to make a farting slime bag, a fake fossil and foaming fungi. Easy to do, mostly on your own, or with the help of adult to get the ingredients, this will have kids get more involved in science.

Or, just have fun.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.
Andrew
As the title says, the book features 114 science experiments, as well as information on jobs and environmental exploration as well.
The book uses multiple experiments with each of the following subjects, including timeline, science behind it, and supplies (by the way, almost all of them take less than an hour to do):
-Zits, Electricity, Eggs, worms, vomit, viruses, urine, toilets, spit, slime, scabs, quakes and sinkholes, poop, mummies, gross food, odors, noises/sounds, lava, insects, ice cream,
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Fun, gross facts...fun, gross experiments...what's not to like? Not as much information on the science behind the experiments, but the book is loaded with real-life, gross trivia. Plenty of illustrations, but all in black and white with shades of green highlights on the page. A Glossy, full-color spread would be more appealing.
Maria
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun book with facts to read and experiments. Some of the experiments are funny, but all contain a little but of the ick factor that draws kids especially boys. We did the digestive system because experiment we already had all the supplies. It definitely was gross for me but my son laughed through the whole thing. I received a copy of the book for my review.
Penny
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Ick is a great compendium of grossness and science. It's very interesting for the elementary and middle school crowd and would be a really good resource for science fair projects that kids are actually interested in. My second grader likes to pick a page and have it read to her or flip through it and look at the pictures.
Andrea
This book was reviewed on my blog, The Overstuffed Bookcase, as a part of the feature Kiddo's Corner Reviews, where my son reviews children's books. You can watch our review of this and a few other books here as well as find many other reviews on my blog.
Lynndell
"Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review."

Thanks to NetGalley and Workman Publishing Company for the opportunity to read and review Oh, Ick!: 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out! by Joy Masoff! This book is interesting, humorous and educational for all ages! Includes hands-on activities, tasty but disgusting snack recipes and cartoons detailing the what's, why's and how's of science in the world around us - 5 stars!
Kellee
Full review with teaching tools: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=1...

I always struggled with science, but I think if I had done more science experiments, putting the facts and information that I couldn’t memorize into practice, I would have been able to understand the concepts and information better. Books like Oh, Ick! and its companions Oh, Yuck! and Oh, Yikes! make science interesting thus helping kids put science into action and moving the information from short term to long term!
Eileen Hall
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a treat for any child who loves experimenting with yucky things.
This will appeal to all budding scientists.
I think my 2 nephews will love this book. Christmas presents sorted!
I was given a digital copy of this book by the publisher Workman Publishing via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Wyldrabbit
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I gave this one to my son, and he went and did quite a few of the gross experiments himself. He is still in testing phase, but I can say that this book would be perfect for any kid who loves science. I think I need to buy the paper copy so he can bring it to show his teacher.
Barbra
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With 114 Science Experiments Guaranteed to Gross You Out, you will find everything you need to learn about, create and bring out everyone’s inner squeamishness. Fun illustrations, easy to read instructions and freaky facts make this a must have book for all future scientists.
Iman guyo