Start by marking “Dear World, How Are You?” as Want to Read:
Dear World, How Are You?

Dear World, How Are You?

When Toby Little was five years old, he decided to write to someone in every country in the world.

With the help of his mum, Toby started handwriting and posting letters to everyone from research scientists in Antarctica to game-keepers in Chad and even the Pope. Not only did Toby achieve his goal but the world wrote back.

Dear World, How Are You? is a collection of the most
Published March 24th 2016 by Michael Joseph (first published March 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Dear World, How Are You?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear World, How Are You?

Dannii Elle
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
received this book from Goodreads Giveaways. This has in no way impacted my opinion of the book. Thank you to the author, Toby Little, and the publisher, Michael Joseph, for the opportunity.

This is the collection of letters, and the responses he has gathered, from an extraordinary little boy called Toby Little and his extraordinary wish to write to somebody on every country in the world. This he has achieved, and then some...and all by the age of just six-years-old!

This book is absolutely heart
Oskars Kaulēns
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
žetons par vēstuļu projekta ideju: aizrakstīt vēstuli uz katru pasaules valsti, uzdot sevi interesējošus jautājumus un saņemt atbildi, lai labāk saprastu un iepazītu, cik dažāda, interesanta un izzināšanas vērta ir pasaule. gribētos gan, lai atbildes sniedzēji uz Tobija jautājumiem būtu vietējie iedzīvotāji, kas tur dzīvojuši vienmēr, nevis ļaudis, kas uz dzīvi šajās valstīs ir pārcēlušies laika gaitā. taču līdzības un atšķirības, ko uzrāda atpakaļ saņemtās vēstules, pārsteidz un turpina uzdot j ...more
Silvia Tinoco
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Toby, de 5 años, vuelve del colegio habiendo descubierto cómo funciona el correo postal y le pregunta a su madre si puede escribir una carta a cada país del mundo para saber cómo es la vida fuera de su Inglaterra natal. Este libro recopila una selección de esas cartas (y las respuestas que recibió), puesto que "Writing to the world" se ha convertido desde entonces en un proyecto mucho más grande y que además tiene fines solidarios. Me ha encantado: es enternecedora su curiosidad y además me pare ...more
Sol Morena
Es un libro diferente, en el cual nos encontramos con cartas que Toby, un chico de 5 años le fue escribiendo a diferentes personas en todas partes del mundo. Algunas mas extensas que otras y con imágenes de las verdaderas cartas, vamos descubriendo diferentes culturas, gestos, comidas (si, hay hasta recetas) de todo el mundo, narrado por personas comunes que tuvieron la buena onda de seguirle el juego a este niño tan peculiar.
Es un libro para leer de a poco y disfrutarlo, tomarse su tiempo y da
Keira
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was compelling, interesting, riveting in a way that collections of letters rarely are and absolutely heart-warming. It inspired me to want to raise my future children as well as Sabine must have raised Toby Little. This non-fiction book is now the first non-fiction book I have ever read in a day and also the first one to garner as much praise, although I have read some absolutely fantastic non-fiction books that ought to be read by everyone.

This is a book that I hope to share with all of my
Emma
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I made sure we bought this book back when we had some to consider...and promptly forgot about it! I rediscovered it the other day and made up for lost time immediately!

It was every bit as delightful as I'd thought it would be...and I learned heaps of information about countries around the world, just as Toby would have done.

I also confess to loving that the featured letter from Oceania was from an Emma in Melbourne. Had I known about Toby's project when it was happening, I'd have loved to have b
A Few Little Things
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
孩子:媽媽,我可以寫信去每一個國家嗎?
這位媽媽,跟孩子在聯合國網頁鎖定193個成員國,在朋友圈中確定收信人,陪孩子寫信讀信。
然後,孩子寫信前會資料搜集;媽媽會覆查各地溝通禮儀。
香港,也有這種媽媽嗎?

The most inspiring book - mommy rolls up her sleeves to achieve a seemingly impossible goal
The most difficult book - I literally can’t get my hands off google map to follow through
The easiest book - it’s love and dedication
Janna Odenthal
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick and inspiring read. A little boy decides to write letters to someone in every country in the world, including Antarctica, the International Space Station, and other locations. He receives numerous interesting responses. I was motivated to look up some of the places and events that were mentioned. I am also glad I am doing a similar project through www.postcrossing.com
Ana González
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The idea is so heartwarming and cute. It made me think of how interesting and questionable is everything and we see it so much clearer when we are kids. The wonder that Toby has in the letters, I’m sure I would be delighted to receive one. The book is simply delightful.
Marine
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a gorgeous little book with letters from all over the world. I learned a lot in this and was genuinely interested in Toby's work. What a cool little dude!
Yi Ly
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 🌟
Mariana Menezes
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved to read this book with my son who is learning how to read. It was an amazing experience for us to read little by little each day.
He loved the book!
Breanne Robb
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: stopped-reading
I did not finish reading it. I think it's a lovely concept but I enjoyed the concept a lot more than the reality. Sweet but not captivating.
Maggie Hesseling
What an absolute delight to read. This book is the epitome of a feel-good read (with the exception maybe of the Burkina Faso letter for obvious and important reasons). I picked it up because the cover really reminded me of Christopher Robin and once I opened it I found a trove of delights. Toby is perhaps another real Christopher Robin- curious about life and wanting to experience everything. Unlike the Pooh stories though, these are very real. It's heartwarming to read how many people were inte ...more
Madeleine Robinson
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I though this was a lovely idea and was not disappointed.Toby aged5 with the help of his mother decided to write letters to people in other countries to find out what they liked,where they visited and what they liked to eat.It would be lovely to think that something so simple would give us a better understanding of other people in other lands and how similar we are underneath.Loved the book and best wishes to Toby and Sabine.
Paula Hollohan
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very interesting book to introduce into the 1-6 classroom. Would it inspire others to do a similar project. I think Toby sustained interest in a mighty big project and gave readers a wonderful sampling of letters.
Wilde Sky
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This book contains a collection of letters that a young boy sent to people around the world and their responses.

The letters were interesting but a bit repetitive.
Lucy
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute, but boring. I was more interested to learn about the genesis of the project, than read the actual letters which are mostly dull.
Anna
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: abandoned
Lovely concept, amazingly inspiring project. But reading the book, it felt like too much had been left out.
Abigail
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nos hemos divertido en familia embarcándonos en este viaje por todos los puntos del planeta gracias a la curiosidad y empeño de este pequeño aventurero.
Yadira Itrb