Start by marking “Zodiac Starforce Volume 1: By the Power of Astra” as Want to Read:
Zodiac Starforce Volume 1: By the Power of Astra

Zodiac Starforce Volume 1: By the Power of Astra

(Zodiac Starforce #1-4)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,776 Ratings  ·  355 Reviews
They're an elite group of teenage girls with magical powers who have sworn to protect our planet against dark creatures . . . as long as they can get out of class! Known as the Zodiac Starforce, these high-school girls aren't just combating math tests. They're also battling monsters--not your typical afterschool activity! But when an evil force from another dimension infec ...more
Published March 9th 2016 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Zodiac Starforce Volume 1, please sign up.
Morgan Comes out in trade on June 19, 2018 according to Amazon.

Melanie
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off, this was nothing short of probably the most adorable graphic novel I’ve ever read. Secondly, I love magical girls, always and forever. Thirdly, I never knew I needed magical zombie girls until now, but it turns out I did. Fourth, the color pallet and art throughout this entire story is beyond words beautiful. And lastly, this showcases how girl friendship can be the most powerful magical force in the world, and I loved this.

Oh, and this is about magical girls who all embrace a differ
Riley
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I LOVED THIS!
Maddie
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This just proves that another magical girl graphic novel can only make your life better. Zodiac Starforce is such a brilliant team because it was formed prior to the comic's beginning. I really liked how this followed a different storyline than most magical girl series, which is like 'let's collect a new member in each comic!' I loved the diversity of the girls, I loved the transformations and the colour palette is so cosmic cute <3

Where's Volume Two???
Alison
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic graphic novel!!!
First of all, the art in this is stunning. I love how bright and happy it feels.
This is probably one of the few "superhero" comics I will ever enjoy, especially because the characters are so relateable and lovable.
Excited to see how the next volume is because I am already OBSESSED.
also, there's a f/f romance that I am LIVING for.
Jes Reads
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nothing could have prepared me for how good this comic was. Zodiac Starforce follows a group of high school girls who are granted superhero abilities. They're fighting monsters, saving each other, and trying to keep their grades up.

I have to say my very favorite thing about this comic was how badass, but also relatable the girls were. I love how they worked together as a team and each personality was complimentary. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a character you didn't relate to. Not to me
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Liv (Оља)
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, ebook, illustrated
Well this was cutesy.
2,5 stars. Not enough substance for a higher raiting, but it was nice nonetheless. I'll probably be checking out the next volume once it comes out.
Also, I'll be basic and say what everyone else is saying about this- it totally is like Sailor Moon.
Guts Reads
Okay seriously? If you like anything related to Sailor Moon, astrology, or ass kicking, this is the comic for you. Did I mention it's females doing the ass kicking? That's right! This comic is beyond awesome. Paulina's art is so magically colorful that I just want to stare at it for days. Really. Get this comic.
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i loved every second of this. GOOD LORD GIMME THE NEXT VOLUME!!!
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Girl power + female friendships + LGBTQ romance + bold and colorful art = when is volume two coming out??
Lainey
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of those rarities that can back up being marketed as "Buffy meets Sailor Moon."

I really enjoyed the graphic novel and graphic novels aren't really my thing. I really enjoyed that this first volume wasn't the journey of the girls getting their powers. I loved that it started as they had already saved the world two years ago and kind of disbanded, but not circumstances are putting them back together again.

Molly is my favorite for sure.

I read this graphic novel for #Diverseathon because of ho
rachel
I found out about this series on a recommendation list for diverse graphic novels. It was everything - and more - I wanted from Power Up so I'm so thankful my library was able to order it in!

• The cast were all completely adorable
• I was invested in all of their relationships - friendships and romances alike
• Anything with female friendship at its core is a win for me, really
• This cast had something special about them, though, that really drew me in
• Lots of queer/sapphic and poc rep!
• The myth
Jackie B. - Death by Tsundoku
Zodiac Starforce is a wonderful modern rendition of the Magical Girl Warrior trope. A bright, bubbly, action story which defies stereotypes on so many levels. Our quartet of heroines is diverse. The story picks up two years after the Zodiac Starforce girls saved the world and are now trying to just live out their lives. We begin both in the middle of the story and at the start of a new one. Monsters are returning, it seems like the school's mean girl Queen Bee could be more than she appears to b ...more
Cat  (cat-thecatlady)
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
oh gosh, this was so good.

I love magical girl stories and this one was just my cup of tea. the girls are lovely together and I love the lore with the signs. besides, the art is just jaw dropping and I love love love the colour palette. I can't wait to read more.

full review here: https://catshelf.wordpress.com/2017/0...
ALEXA
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Ultimately a fun story of friendship and magic! It definitely had modern day Sailor Moon vibes to me, even though the story is def different.
Lauren
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

Ahhh, I really enjoyed this graphic novel. It was beautifully illustrated and the colours are SO bright and vivid and rainbow-like (yes, my eyes have turned to hearts)!

ZS is basically an all-female version of Power Rangers whereby we follow the four team members (Emma, Kim, Savanna and Molly) as they try to juggle the pressures of school life with the unexpected arrival of some giant-ass monsters! They also have to battle with Diana (another high-school girl) who's a bit of a bitch and
Elysia
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, owned
This was a really fun comic about magical girls kicking butt and saving the world and each other. Although I was a little disappointed with some ableist language, and what seemed to be the trope of girl hate (in terms of villains), I did really enjoy the friendship, budding romance between two of the girls, and the beautiful colour palette.
Alexa

this was cute and also had a sapphic couple so automatic bonus stars
Ylenia
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ylenia by: Booktube
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
from my Instagram

#TBRTakeDown 4.0: Most Recent Book Haul.

I'M SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS!!! I don't normally use so many exclamation points but I'm super excited for this!(!!!!!!)
Two weeks ago I didn't know this comic book even existed. Then I saw a Booktube video that featured it and I was like "what is dat thing?!?!?! need dat thing right fucking now". and I got it today thanks to the oh so slow italian post service.

This reminded me of all the old anime television series I watched as a kid: Mag
Maria Kramer
This book was just not my style - I've never been a fan of the magical girl when it's played as straight as this is. The characters were very flat, and I felt like I'd been dropped into the volume lacking vital background info.
Victoria ♡
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-comics
Okay that was so good!! I'm so excited to read the sequel!

Honestly this might be my favourite magical girl comic now, it's just so wholesome
Christie
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Loved the art style & bonus material at the end of this trade. 💕
Maddie
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really cute but kind of confusing. I'm not sure if this was a web comic but I got lost a lot since there was zero back story. But SO CUTE.
Kayleighhokis
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything I wanted and more. The art! The cute story! So cheeky, so fun. Need the second volume right now.
Mehsi
I read all the volumes separately, but so it is easier to catalogue + review I have decided to go for this edition which combines all of them.

So, I have been looking forward to reading this one for some time. My twitter feed was full of images and squealing people who loved this series. The art looked amazing, the story looked fun, so after waiting to make sure all 4 were out (so I could go through them in one go), I read them today.

And, *sighs*, I know again why I tend to skip comics. The art i
Jade Ratley
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this comic. The characters were fun, the plot was fun, the art was fun, I had a whole lot of fun with this! I was introduced to this through Jes talking about it on her Instagram, as soon as she mentioned it, I knew I needed to read it - it just seemed so up my street, and it was!
In a way this reminded me a lot of Lumberjanes, with a strong group of gals saving the day, heading into danger and mystery, but having each other's backs the whole time, I’m all for that girl power! But
Miriam
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, graphic-novel
Crosspost: thereadingbelle.com

Zodiac Starforce was kindly provided by Edelweiss. All opinions are my own.

This was review was supposed to get published last week, but I accidentally scheduled it for today. My bad. Ha ha.

What a fantastic graphic novel! If you’re a fan of magical girls like Sailor Moon, you should definitely check Zodiac Starforce. Let me start off with character designs, I love it. I love the “big” hair too. Reminds me of Jem & The Holograms, the animated series and not the m
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Hmm, I don't know. I just couldn't really connect to it. I liked the characters but that's it.
Tanja Voosen
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Magic. Monsters. Friendship. Zodiac Powers. Lots of cool stuff! I REALLY liked it!
Tracey S
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this! Part Jem, part Power Rangers and part Lumberjanes!?
Panels Book Club: Favorite Girl Power Reads (September 2018) 2 14 Sep 27, 2018 11:05AM
The Mary Sue Book...: August: Zodiac Starforce 8 20 Sep 26, 2016 12:36PM
  • Valor (Valor, #1)
  • Jem and the Holograms Vol. 1: Showtime (Jem and the Holograms #1)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time
  • Black Canary, Volume 1: Kicking and Screaming
  • Princess Mermaid
  • Gotham Academy, Vol. 2: Calamity
  • Wayward, Vol. 1: String Theory
  • Whispers of Doubt (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #20)
  • Rocket Girl Volume 1: Times Squared