Start by marking “Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)” as Want to Read:
Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)

Shopaholic to the Rescue

(Shopaholic #8)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  13,371 Ratings  ·  1,464 Reviews
Becky Bloomwood and a hilarious cast of beloved family and friends (plus one enemy!) set off in a van to find her missing father, last heard from in Las Vegas.

Becky’s father Graham and her best friend’s husband, Tarquin, have disappeared from Los Angeles saying simply they have “something to take care of.”

But Tarquin’s wife Suze who is Becky’s best friend, and Becky’s moth
Published October 27th 2015 by The Dial Press (first published October 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Shopaholic to the Rescue, please sign up.
Zhu I hope not. This series needs to end. It was very good... but it needs to end.
Felicia (Little Prairie Library) This series does build on the characters and events from previous books so you would be missing a lot of information if you start with this one.

Natalie Monroe
Aug 28, 2015 marked it as morbidly-curious
I had a nightmare where I discovered yet another fucking Shopaholic book underway. ...Oh, wait.

Psst, Ms. Kinsella?

Fresiako
Aug 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
description
Sophie Kinsella. Finish the fucking series already, stop dragging it out! Just hurry up and solve Luke's problem with his mother. The last book was so unneeded! This series started off like shitty but enjoyable mindless fluff, but now it's JUST shitty and mindless. But by god I'm no quitter! I will finish this series!
Christina
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, not going to lie, I adored the first couple of shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella, then they got a bit meh. The last one was ridiculous and not really necessary, but I'm morbidly curious as to what will happen after the cliffhanger ending and need closure from the series...so....yep.....maybe this will be the last one?!?

*post-read*

4 stars

OK, while not my favorite of the shopaholic series, I did enjoy it...It was definitely better than the last one. It was a quick, fluffy read and I'm happy
Irena
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me:

1. Smile.
Not Laugh. Smile.
2. Roll my eyes - a lot!!
3. Not like characters I liked before.
4. Rooting against Becky and her crew.
5. Question what other people questioned before me
, and back then I questioned their quetioning. The big question was: Why did Sophie Kinsella wrote another book in the Shopaholic series?
6. Think about how unnecessary this book in the series was.

By the tone at the end of this book I could guess that this was the last book in the Shopaholic series.
I am
Agi
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015

It was crystal clear that Becky's going to be back, sooner or later, after the cliff - hanger ending of "Shopaholic to the Stars", and personally I couldn't wait for her return. Everything has been told about Becky already, you can love her or hate her, but there wouldn't be chick - lit without her. And this is why I don't understand this hate - campaign, so many people writing - even without reading the book - that Sophie Kinsella should stop writing the series, and I'm asking, why? Because the
Rebecca Rosen
Oct 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Okay, WHAT? First things first, I looove Shopaholic. It's my go-to comfort. Sick in bed? Day at the beach? Long airplane ride? Nothing else around the house to read? Shopaholic every time. I've read each book countless times. But this one was so different. I read Shopaholic because it's lighthearted fun but with incredibly endearing and likable characters that I've come to know and love. I loove Becky and Luke. I love Suze and Tarquin!

(view spoiler)
I made it to the end! Woohoo!!!!!

Shopaholic to the Rescue is the eighth and final (I hope) installment in Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. It's been a long, funny, and annoying journey and I have to admit I'm glad it's over. Not a bad series at all but one can only handle so much Becky Bloomwood. Kinsella ended with a story that felt much different than all the predecessors but one where Becky finally found some surprising but welcomed peace with her excessive shopping. Lots of family issues
Ari
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I CAN'T WAIT. ♡♡ I love the Shopaholic series and I loved the latest book. If you ask me, Sophie Kinsella could write about Becky until retirement.

UPDATE:
I LOVED IT! Such a fun, exciting, lovely read :)
I kept a very close eye on whether it was "the same Becky", because some reviews said it wasn't. Well, to me, it was her! **SPOILER** But in this book, she first experiences the feeling of not wanting to shop, because of her suppressed guilt towards her friends and family. Which doesn't mean she'
Love Fool
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I wish I could give this 3.5 stars.

This was miles better than part 7, funnier, and cuter but still not the level that Sophie Kinsella used to write this series. I think it's time that maybe Becky Bloomwood should be done.
Alaina Meserole
Shopaholic to the Rescue is about Becky and her best friend, Suze, dropping everything to search for Becky's dad and Suze's husband Tarquin. They don't go alone due to the whole entire family and friends want to help these two girls as well. Becky is totally out of her element while on this adventure because she's in a motor home, eating at diners in the middle of the desert, and Suze is keeping her distance from Becky during the whole thing. Of course Becky puts on her detective shoes and tries ...more
Anne Goldschrift
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sollte es jetzt wirklich keinen 9. Teil mehr geben, und so etwas hat Sophie Kinsella auf ihrer Lesung vor 2 Wochen ja angedeutet, dann war es ein wirklich schönes Ende der Reihe! :) Obwohl ich ja auf den letzten Teil so geschimpft habe, jetzt werde ich doch ein bisschen wehmütig.
Cynthia Schultz
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mwah
Ik heb er van genoten omdat ik in het verleden ook zo heb genoten van de andere Shopaholic boeken. Maar ik merk dat ik Becky en haar avonturen toch wel wat te bizar en een tikje dom en ergerlijk ga vinden. Het zou goed zijn als dit de laatste was.
Mona
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm really disappointed and I can't say how happy I am to be done with this book. it was so boring and ridiculously long. they say that this is the last book in the series maybe this for the best consider the last two were such a huge disappointment for me.
Maree Repa
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been so excited to receive this book today on my Kindle. I have read all of Sophie Kinsella books right from the start and loved this book too.

I could never forget all the character and their amazing and exciting trip to Las Vegas. I can never stop laughing at them all too. I loved this book so much. It took my back so far with memories of reading these book right back to the first ones too. Well done Sophie with this book especially!!
Carrie
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The last book had a major cliff-hanger, so I look forward to reading this one!
Berit☀️✨
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My rating is for the entire series, which I found super enjoyable, fun, and a nice getaway from reality. Becky hasn't always made the best choices, but I believe in this book we see some real maturity, as much maturity as I would want to see from this very engaging character. This book was hilarious a road trip with Becky, her parents, her hubby, her BFF, and her number one enemy Alicia bitch long legs. All I have to say about this book is RV, sheep, pencils, cowboy boots, and Becky 10. Oh yes, ...more
Leah
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sophie Kinsella has been one of my favourite authors ever since I first read The Undomestic Goddess donkeys years ago. I have read EVERYTHING she's written, and there's not many authors I can say that of, and I look forward to whatever she brings out - her young adult debut Finding Audrey was astounding. After finishing Shopaholic to the Stars I was dying for the next one, after it ended on such a cliff-hanger, but it's actually taken me until the paperback publication day to read it, because I' ...more
Saiber
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I'll read anything she writes as Sophie Kinsella. And the Shopaholic has been one of my favorite series.

I was disappointed with the last book as I felt it was just a stepping stone to this one. I was afraid with all the "mystery" surrounding Becky's Dad's Secret and the whole built up (it was going on till almost 60% of this book and I guess 30% of the previous one) , I'd be left disappointed.

And in way I was. It would have been a normal plot but the amount of clue searching and importance eve
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

☺ I was a bit afraid to start reading - there are all those 'fans' out there saying, ugh, another stupid Shopaholic book - Sophie should just stop doing them, they're nothing like they were at the beginning... bla bla...

I loved it .... just like I loved every single one of them!!!
It was adorably funny - the whole lot of them in that RV on the way to Vegas - poor Luke driving - it was hilarious!!!
The only tiny thing I'm always missing a bit, is the Luke/Becky romance part... it's a bit like Sophi
Joy
I've read all of the Shopaholic books and this was not one of my favorites. I hadn't read one in quite awhile so it was fun to catch up with Becky and her friends and family. Maybe the series is just played out.
E.
Tegen alle verwachtingen in, vond ik deze wel weer leuk. Boek zeven viel me ontzettend tegen, maar dit achtste deel had weer die shopaholicmagie zónder dat Becky telkens aan het winkelen was, en het staat ook niet zo barstensvol met smoesjes.
Ruth
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Becky is still living in LA and Suze and Tark have been visiting. Becky's mom and dad arrive and shortly after her dad and Tark plus Bryce from Golden Peach disappear. They are convinced that Bryce is trying to brainwash Tark and get his money. They are sure that they have been kidnapped and they must find them. Taking out the map of the road trip that Becky's dad took when he was a young man, they go out in a rented RV to find them.

The trip is full of highjinks. Becky feels worried because it s
Cisz Strasters
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Een serie die nooit gaat vervelen!!! Wederom een heerlijk verhaal, die je vanaf de eerst bladzijde meeneemt. Ik heb echt weer met met volle teugen genoten van Becky en de rest ♡
Mrigaya
Sep 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
She needs to stop releasing books in this series. She is simply dragging it and because we readers need closure we're gonna read this too and hate it.
Elena
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5*

"Implausible, farfetched, unbelievable" ... These are the words that I would use to describe the plot and characters in this book.

First of all - I think that the author has milked this cash cow to death! There is clearly nothing interesting left to add about Becky and the gang, so the author started writing entire books about random characters now ?!?! Why are we getting a whole book on a random Corey and Brent ?! Yeah, I just read a WHOLE book centered around Becky's dad's college budd
Obsidian
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last book I read in the series was Shopaholic to the Stars and I was so ready to be done with this series, it wasn't even funny. You can see my review
here.

I was so annoyed with Ms. Kinsella for writing a cliffhanger and what I felt was such a disaster of a book I seriously asked myself would I push on through to the last book? I have a thing about finishing things when I start them.

One of the reasons why I cut off a lot of series when they start to go bad is that if I don't, I feel beholden
Amber
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the Shopaholic books. Becky cracks me up, and this book did not disappoint. A helpful tip though: read Shopaholic to the Stars before this one. It'll make more sense.

So this book is about Becky looking for her Dad. He took off and everyone is worried. Suze, Becky's best friend, is also worried because her husband has gone off with Becky's Dad. Becky's Mom and HER best friend Janice are also in a panic. They decide to get an RV so they can drive around and find the men. Along the way adve
Melissa
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were some elements of the story that I really enjoyed, such as the mystery and how everyone was teaming up to resolve the issue that ran through the story. Becky had some pretty crazy schemes, but she seemed to know what she was doing. I also liked the part where they were in Vegas, as I haven't been there in almost 10 years and it was nice to visualize some of the places again. I enjoyed the dialogue between Becky and Suze, as well.

What didn't work so well was the silliness. Becky wants t
Annelies
Alle acht delen gelezen, en toch heb ik deze ook weer met een glimlach gelezen. Soms zijn er stukken in waar Becky met haar dochter leuke momenten beleeft en dan gier ik het uit. Als je even wilt ontspannen zijn dit leuke boeken voor lekker tussendoor. Ieuke recensie over dit boek te lezen op Rachelleest. Nl
  • From Notting Hill with Four Weddings . . . Actually (Actually, #3)
  • Swimming Pool Sunday
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Head Over Heels
  • The Return of the Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #2)
  • Christmas in the Snow
  • Jill Mansell's A-Z of Happiness
  • An Eligible Bachelor
  • House of the Rising Son (Dark Hunter #22.5; The Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #28)
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • The Marble Collector
  • Shall We Dance?
  • Undead and Unforgiven (Undead, #14)
  • The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
  • Bigger is Better: Real-Life Wisdom from the No-Drama Mama
  • A New Attitude
  • Family Affair
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin

Shopaholic (8 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)

Fiction Deals

$3.49 $0.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • A House for Happy Mothers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
    $11.95 $2.99
  • The Drowning Guard
  • Anathema
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Neverhome
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Sinner: A Paradise Novel (The Books of History Chronicles)
    $11.49 $3.99
  • A Promise of Hope (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #2)
  • 'Round Midnight: A Novel
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Two-Family House
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bloodletter's Daughter
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Skin
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Inamorata
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Poisonwood Bible
    $11.99 $11.99
  • Cometh the Hour (The Clifton Chronicles #6)
  • The Question of Red
  • A.D. 30 (A.D., #1)
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Karolina's Twins: A Novel
  • The Woman in the Dunes
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses (The Cartel #7)
  • The 158-Pound Marriage
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Chasing Rainbows: A Novel
    $3.99 $0.99
“Why didn't I know about Sedona before? Why did no one tell me? It's breathtaking. It's... indescribable.

Well, all right, not literally indescribable. You can describe it. You can say, There are these huge red sandstone rocks everywhere, jutting up from the desert, making you feel all tiny and insignificant. You can say, There's a kind of rawness to the landscape which gives you goosebumps. You can say, There's a solitary bird of prey hanging above us, high in the sky, which seems to put all of humankind into perspective.

You can say all that. But it's not the same as being there.”
2 likes
“God, real people are so disappointing. I’m sure she would have done it better in the box-set version.” 1 likes