Start by marking “An American Cowboy in Scotland (Stetsons and Kilts Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
An American Cowboy in Scotland (Stetsons and Kilts Series Book 1)

An American Cowboy in Scotland

(Stetsons and Kilts #1)

Living in the back end of beyond in a tiny Scottish village, you’d think that a Cowboy coming to town would raise some excitement. Especially for a self-professed fan of Brad Paisley and Dallas. But that cowboy is my boss and he was going to find out that his lovely new ancestral home was… well in was in a state of disrepair, to put it politely.
So when Cole MacAllan turne
Published June 25th 2015

To ask other readers questions about An American Cowboy in Scotland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An American Cowboy in Scotland

Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Are you feeling a bit fed up?

Could you do with a giggle or two?

Partial to a hot cowboy?

Then behold; Em Taylor to the rescue!

I must confess that I nearly peed myself laughing reading this novella. I know, I know; TMI Laura, TMI. But you should all know me by now, lol.

The sexual chemistry between Cole and Rhona is immediate and I loved their banter. They had the whole ‘lost in translation’ thing down pat. Being Scottish myself, I loved the use of *coughs* certain Scottish euphemisms. Note to self:
J. Kahele
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Hot cowboy in Scotland?

Rhona is a young woman who has been handed down the reigns, from her father, after he is alienated with dementia, to care for a castle that is in ruins. When she is informed that the now owner who has inherited the castle, an American cowboy, is coming to Scotland to exam his property, she is not at all thrilled. Little does she know this cowboy is about to change her life, in a sexy, steamy kind of way.

I have to first comment on the characters, I found them to be very rea
Janet Graham
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Fun and Refreshing ‘Fish Out Of Water’ Romance
I really enjoyed this novel. It was fun and funny. There is a dog bath scene that made me laugh out loud! The plot is great and the characters are realistic. The banter between the characters is funny and rings true. Although it is a bit spicy, I will be looking for more of this author’s work!
Tammy Smith
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A cowboy in Scotland

I love how I could picture how the countryside that they walked through and the castle. I really liked this book and now continuing to the next book
Lady Living  In Bookland
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been desperate to read a book by Em Taylor after meeting her at a few Scottish signings and An American Cowboy in Scotland has been my first!

Rhona meets Cole when she learns he's about to become her new boss. Lord Macallan is from Texas and this Texan is very much a hot cowboy!

Excerpt:
Damn him. Damn his sexy cowboy charm. Damn that drawl that turned my knees to jelly. So want if I'd watched every western available on Netflix? Dreaming of a cowboy in my bed was very different from having
Alyson LaBarge
REVIEW

I was unsure when I agreed to read An American Cowboy in Scotland if it was a parody, a Romance, or even perhaps a Paranormal/Vampire version somehow arranged to trick me out of an otherwise perfectly good Cowboy book. You see, I'm always on the lookout for them. Always. So imagine my delight when I began reading and discovered that the book is exactly as it says - An American Cowboy in Scotland!

Rhona is a young woman tasked with managing a Scottish Estate and explaining to her new young
Miriam
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cole and Rhona begin as boss and employee, but one kiss is all it takes to change their relationship. While Cole, being an American, isn't feeling the love from the locals, Rhona is doing her best to make him feel welcome. The banter between them as they got to know one another made me smile and laugh. They were an ideal match for one another, both stubborn and passionate about Cole's manor and, thank God, too smart to back away from the attraction sizzling between them.

Fast paced, funny, and r
Vicki
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved An American Cowboy in Scotland!! Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down. I loved Ms Taylor's characters, Rhona and Cole. Rhona is a young woman who lives on an estate, which she is the manager of. She must tell her new boss that the estate is in ruins and there is no money left to fix anything. Cole is a sexy cowboy from Texas, with a few surprises of his own. He is interested in learning about his heritage and shows up in Scotland in full Highland regalia. ...more
Cathy
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can you say "FUN!'? That's exactly what this book is. I was smiling from the start. I absolutely loved Rhona - she is witty and sweet and the inner debates in her head reminded me a bit of me! LOL And Cole is, to put it simply, scrumptious! He is exactly what I think of when I envision a true American Cowboy. He's big and strong and has manners that makes his Momma proud. Ms. Taylor has outdone herself with An American Cowboy in Scotland. From the little nuances, such as Cole's indrawn breaths w ...more
Rachel
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm part of a street team that includes Em Taylor so I got a copy of An American Cowboy in Scotland for an honest review.

What a hoot! Even though I'm personally all about the sexy...I love a good rom-com and that is essentially what this is. A short easy to read hilarious story!

Rhona's luck isn't much better than mine (well, I guess it is since she got a hot, hunky Texas cowboy) and she's stuck running the Macallan estate once Lord Macallan passes. It's in ruins, and she has to try and explain t
SandyL
I enjoyed this cute, sexy story. Cole Macallan arrives in Scotland after inheriting an historic, run-down castle and a title. Rhona Lorimer is the property manager, wondering how long before she is fired when the new owner finds out how much in ruins the property is. She doesn't expect to find a sexy cowboy wearing atrocious faux-scottish dress to arrive! And Cole doesn't expect to find the gorgeous girl who is managing his property. When the local inn refuses to rent him a room, he ends up stay ...more
Joan Clark
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift from a friend. I wasn't sure what to expect having never read anything from this author. I was extremely surprised with the awesomeness that was this book. It was funny, dramatic, sweet, and sexy. The characters are three dimensional and relatable. The romance is rather quick building but contained the perfect chemistry and attraction to draw me in. The sex is tastefully done while still being sexy. Some of the situations these characters got themselves into was hi ...more
Susan
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in return for an honest review. It is such a fun, romantic book to read. I loved it from the beginning to the end. You have a rich,sexy, American cowboy, Cole, that arrives in Scotland to see the estate that he had inherited, and he meets a young Scottish lass, Rhona, that works for him taking care of his estate's business. From there, Em Taylor, takes you on a most enjoyable ride. It is a wonderful, romantic trip that keeps you laughing. I highly recommend t ...more
Roberta
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute, quick read. It is exactly about an American cowboy who inherits a castle in Scotland. He arrives in Scotland in fully Scottish regalia and the estate manager is mortified and laughing inside. He winds up staying at the managers home and things progress from there. She just assumes he is as poor as the previous owner and he is surprised to find he inherited a title as well as a ruin. Romance starts from there.

Take a chance on this book for a funny, romantic ride.
Michelle
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book from Em Taylor I have read and I quite enjoyed it. I am not a romantic when reading books so I need there to be a realistic timescale for the lovey parts in a book. However this was a cute read and easy to read in one sitting. Overall I'm happy with Em's writing and look forward to reading the other book I have of hers. OH...and I take my French toast with butter. I also don't get the American sweet French toast lol.
K.M. Lowe
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sass
This was my first time reading anything by this author, so I didn't know what to expect. However, after reading the first few pages, I felt myself drawn into the book. From the moment Rhona and Cole met, you could just see the romance blossom. Romantic, funny, sweet and very addictive.

I look forward to reading more by this Scottish author.
Becky Gates
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun read

Lots of girl attitude and laughs made this a fun read, yet heartfelt for her lonely struggles. Having had a parent with Alzheimer's myself I know how devastating it can be for the family that isn't remembered. It's a struggle that can't be truely understood unless you live it.
Lindsay
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed this story. No angst, just an enjoyable read in which both the main characters acted on their feelings, rather than try and deny them. Rhonda and Cole were just perfect for each other and had such chemistry. Loved the sarcasm and the banter between them both. Another fantastic book from this lovely author!
Timony
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from one of my favourite authors. This was a fun, occasionally laugh out loud, damn-wheres-my-millionaire-cowboy type of book. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it definitely made my Friday night in bed more fun!
Karen Frances
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun and interesting

An enjoyable light hearted story. Was funny in places. I loved Cole's first scene decked in what he thought was typical Scottish menswear
Quinn Fforde
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute and entertaining
Rosemary
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
You can't take a cowboy out of the west :) This book made me laugh out loud as I read it. Hilarious and sexy rolled into one.
Sandra R
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't swoon at a sexy Texan in a kilt...

Well written and I enjoyed the Scottish setting.

Loved this romance and the story - keep 'em coming Em !!
Suzie
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This really is a lighthearted, funny read that you definitely won't want to put down. It can be read in one sitting and you won't be disappointed.
Judy
Nov 14, 2017
Eric Prater
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I liked this story, I'm a sucker for romantic comedy that are well done, good job on this, it is well written.
Barbara Kunz
Oct 20, 2017
Gloria e. McIntosh
Dec 19, 2016
Em lives in Scotland and loves all things Regency. When she's not lost in Austen, she's exploring other worlds and interesting new planets.

Stetsons and Kilts (2 books)
  • A Cowboy Wedding in Scotland (Stetsons and Kilts, #2)