Start by marking “One to Take (One to Hold, #8)” as Want to Read:
One to Take (One to Hold, #8)

One to Take

(One to Hold #8)

A STAND-ALONE NOVEL in the “One to Hold” universe. Prepare for strong language, panty-melting sexy times, and heart-squeezing angst. Readers 18 and older only, please.

Stuart Knight is a wounded Marine turned Sexy Cowboy. Mariska Heron is the gypsy girl who stole his heart. Now they’re fighting for their Happily Ever After…

Life is never simple.
Even perfect couples face stor
Published February 22nd 2016 (first published February 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about One to Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One to Take

Pam
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 believe stars

Our sexy cowboy and beautiful gypsy is back, fighting for their true Happily Ever After. Stuart Knight is the bossy, dominating, stubborn, and oh so sexy man that Mariska fell in love with. She loved him at his worst and gave him the freedom he needed to heal his broken soul. Together they are looking to build a home and nothing will stand in his way of giving everything his girl deserves to have.

All she ever wanted was a family, and Stuart is adamant she continue on getting her
Michelle
*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*

Omg my heart is broken a lil after this

What a story it's so good I luvd it from start to finished I hated putting it down I didn't think we would get anymore of Mariska and Stuart an I m so glad we did I luvd there first book One To Leave it's was brilliant an this is even better Mariska is a free spirit gypsy she never really lets things to her she just gets on with her life she luvs her art but the luv she as for Stuart is even stronger they r
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tia Louise Fans, Romance
4 After The Happily Ever After Stars
* * * *
~~~It's Live!~~~
How many times have you wondered what many of your favorite characters' lives were like after the last page ..even with a wonderful Epilogue to fill in some of the possibilities we thought of while reading their book...

Yes, we know they are all fictional characters and do not actually live in our Real Worlds.... but... if an author has done their job in creating fully formed people causing us to buy in, then it isn't unusual for them
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 84055481bfa71b4f12438d85380a48_zps2llefhok.gif

So it's no secret that I am a big fan of Tia Louise. I absolutely adore and love reading her books. And so when I found out that Stuart and Mariska were going to get another book, I was beyond thrilled and couldn't wait to fall in love again with my favorite sexy cowboy and his gypsy loving woman.

photo c0cbea6685ffbdd6b8a035902b3f42_zpsicr3twqu.gif“I know this woman in my arms is my home. She eases my pain. She makes me laugh. She’s the only pair of arms I want to fall into when I’m in ne
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Cowboy High Stars!!!

This is book 8 in Tia Louise’s One to Hold series. While each book is a standalone, I do recommend they be read in order as this author does a fantastic job of creating detailed relationships surrounding the main couple of her books. To truly appreciate the now of the read, it is so much better to know the why of the past, especially when she decides to take a seemingly stable couple and twist their road to happiness!!!

photo 22eedde7-7cf0-4af5-9685-d56daebdd86d_zpsam9gdiql.jpg

Stuart Alexander and Mariska Heron….a seemingly perf
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo E955DC0E-025D-4187-971F-1C437A96B0D5_zps8naevigv.jpg

In One To Take Stuart Knight & Mariska Heron are engaged & working toward building a life together. They are madly in love & share an intense connection. Mariska is out of school for the summer, so the couple decides to take a vacation to Stuarts family ranch in Great Falls, Montana. It's secluded & beautiful, and they both love to get away & get back to the place they first fell in love.

photo C7DF4806-3675-47ED-A796-9E1494F30BC8_zps8ng52mgt.jpg

Once they arrive at the ranch, Mariska begins having
Tia Louise
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
★★★ EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT ★★★
(c) TLM Productions LLC, 2016

We rock together, her soft meeting my hard. In all my life, I’ve only had this with her. I’ve been with other women—some I remember better than others—but it’s not about that. It’s about us, how we complete each other.

I touch her, and she moans. I kiss that little spot behind her ear, and she shivers. She touches me, and my brow feels tight. I can’t think beyond needing her, possessing her, loving her, protecting her.

“Mariska,” I exhale. Her
Sybil aka Lala
This book can be read as a standalone but is a continuation of Stuart and Mariska’s story from One to Take.

This is a story about what happens after the HEA. Following a couple into a second book often makes their story become stale for me. Sometimes I feel as though an author throws in ridiculous twists just to extend the story of two previously loved characters. Other times I miss the angst, tension and uncertainty of the couple because the connection has been made. So it was with a bit of appr
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 23, 2016 marked it as top-tbr

EXCERPT
~ Stuart ~

“Stuart!” Mariska’s desperate plea snaps me from the sudden To-Do list scrolling through my brain.

I focus on her gorgeous sunset eyes now round and filled with tears. Why the fuck is she crying? My brow clutches.

Her sweet voice trembles. “I know it’s not how we planned it, and I know you like to be in charge of everything—”

What the hell? “Stop.” My voice is stern. I grab her beautiful face and kiss her hard. How can she not know how many times I’ve pictured this moment?
Shayna
I feel like I've fallen in love all over again! ONE TO TAKE was an unbelievably heartbreaking and beautiful love story between two characters that have embedded themselves deep within my heart. A favorite of the series for sure, we learn that sometimes soulmates have to break before they can come back stronger than ever. THIS book will transport readers to a magical place, a place of love and a place of healing. Stuart and Mariska loves hard and loves fiercely. In their first book, ONE TO LEAVE, ...more
Amy
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Our love has always been a leap of faith, and our connection since those first days so long ago was mysterious and risk. It’s the most certain thing I’ve ever known. We’re here, we’re together, and together, we’re home.”

One to Take was such a beautiful read. One to Take is told from dual points of view and is the continuation of Stuart and Mariska’s story. Stuart and Mariska have found their HEA and now they must fight for it. One to Take is a heartbreaking and beautiful tale of what happens af
Aleatha Romig
Love this series. Tia Louise has created a fantastic world of characters. Though there were heart wrenching parts...the book made me smile. I enjoyed more of Stuart's love story!!!
Chrissy
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, series
More Mariska and Stuart? Yes Please! One to Take is a perfect addition to the One to Hold series by Tia Louise!

Hot Cowboy/Ex-Marine — Check

Determined lead female character — Check

Heartbreaking story — Check

Happily Ever After — Check

It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of Tia Louise’s writing and this series, so I was ecstatic to get my hands on One To Take and read more of Stuart and Mariska. Mariska is a free spirit with a “gift” which makes her unique. She usually sees things in peoples futures,
Tiffany Willams
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

"She told me to leave. If I leave, I take her with me."

Oh my gee!!

I've been eagerly awaiting Stuart and Mariska's continuing story...and I couldn't be happier with the ending!!

These two characters have been through so much together, but they are about to go through hell and back. This story made me smile as much as it completely broke my heart!

"I don't want to be troubled by nightmares. I don't want to figure out my dreams. I want my cowboy to take me away."

I really love that Tia Louise didn't m
Jessica
Shelves: book-blog
One To Take is beautifully tragic and artfully heart warming.

I loved every single second of reading this novel. It pulled at my heartstrings and caused me to feel every emotion possible. I cried, I laughed, then I cried some more.

Mariska is a free spirit that goes wherever life takes her. The only thing that she loves more than her art is Stuart whom finds peace from his demons when he is at his Uncles ranch. Will she agree to move to Montana with him or has she already sacrificed too much?

Some
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, series
I wish I had more of the original story but it was not completely necessary.

Stuart is loving, stubborn and so very protective and will do anything to keep Mariska safe and happy, even if it means giving up what truly makes him happy and keeps him at peace. He has suffered a lot in his past and the ranch is his home, his solitude and his life. As protective as he is, I did say he is stubborn and this stubbornness makes for some rough patches with the two of them. I seriously wanted to smack the s
Chantal
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you loved Stuart and Mariska in One to Leave you will love them even more in this one. Just when you think life couldn’t getting any better and you have everything you need and want events happen which tear you apart. This is what happens to Stuart and Mariska. Everything is going so well, they are happier than can be until that dreadful day their world comes crashing down. Will they be able to overcome what life has put in their paths? Will their love for each other be strong enough?

I love,
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
An absolutely fantastic story!! As soon as I started reading I was completely hooked and found it nearly impossible to put it down. A very sweet story full of love, tragedy, forgiveness and growth. The story was very well written and the characters were so real and lovable.

(I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review)
Hms
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tear jerker for sure. WOW!
Alexis Noelle
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Stuart and Mariska melt right off of the pages and tug at your heartstrings! I finished the whole book in one night and was seriously lacking sleep after it! Five awesome stars!
Kathleen R.
Page Count: 251 pages
Heat Level: # 5 flames out of 5
Rating: # 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

"A dream brought them together... A nightmare has the ability to tear them apart." -Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads

Stuart Knight is a wounded Marine turned Sexy Cowboy. Mariska Heron is the gypsy girl who stole his heart. Now they're fighting for their Happily Ev
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If Tia Louise’s goal was to make me cry then, damn it, she succeeded…

If Tia Louise’s goal was to make me smile then she succeeded there, too.

Laugh. Check.
Swoon. Check.
Want to slap someone. DOUBLE check.

Basically, Ms. Louise hit all the right notes with One to Take, and now I am done—and the tears have cleared—I can say it was one beautiful ride. I made a point of meeting Stuart and Mariska in One to Leave first (although I can confidently say, this one could be read as a standalone), and aft
FMR Book Grind
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LEEANN'S REVIEW
5 STARS

This is a continuation and conclusion to Stuart and Mariska's story. It was nothing like I expected. It was joyous, sexy, full of promise and heartbreaking all at once.
This story literally rips your heart out before putting it back together piece by piece.

This young couple have so much ahead of them but one freak accident tears their world apart and they are both so caught up in their own grief that they lose sight of the fact they need to support each other and share thei
Erin Lewis
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5.0 star Review One to Take (One to Hold # 8) by Tia Louise

One to Take is book 8 in the One to Hold series and is the continuation of Stuart and Mariska’s story.

The majority of this story takes place in Montana when Stuart goes back to help his uncle on his ranch. It a place of healing for Stuart, the only place he feels is truly home. What happens though, when a placer of healing becomes a reminder of pain and loss?

Stuart and Mariska both need to look deeply into their souls and decide if the
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

From the first page of this remarkable novel, a panoramic video unfolds that is so vivid and realistic that you don't realize you are reading. Tia Louise creates a narrative that paints a picture with words filled with drama, angst, love and mystery. In book eight of her One to Hold series, this talented author shares the life of two very different individuals that meet, fall in love but find the path to true love and happiness is not always easy or expected. Mar
Maria
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
While this can be read as a standalone I do highly recommend going back and starting the series from the beginning.

Stuart and Mariska have had their share of trouble, they should have had their happily ever after right? Unfortunately they've still got some trials and tribulations before they get their HEA.

Stuart is an alpha male, asking for help isn't something he enjoys doing but will if it is truly necessary. He is inside his head a lot and has a hard time expressing himself, but he is caring
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

The story has laughs, twists and turns, secrets, pain, ton of pleasure, and heartbreak.

I would recommend reading the below before reading this story
One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)
One to Keep (One to Hold, #2)
One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)
One to Love (One to Hold, #4)
One to Leave (One to Hold, #5)
One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
Runaway (One to Hold, #6.5)
One to Chase (One to Hold #7)

This is more of Mariska and Stuart’s story. Mariska and Stuart are engaged and working their way to being marri
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from TRSOR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

I love a good cowboy hero. When I started reading this book, I was expecting a good contemporary romance where the hero was a sexy cowboy who falls in love with a free spirit. I got so much more than that. I got a book that was emotional, rich, and beautiful. I could go as far as say that this might be my favorite in the series.

I absolutely enjoyed this story. The hero was su
Jen Cothran
Tia Louise knocked it outta the stables on this one! Stuart is ex-military and his Mariska is a gypsy/student who followed Stuart and fell in love because of a vision. And their love story is beautiful and heartbreaking all in one wildly enchanting story. The love they have is something extraordinary, all encompassing, and beautiful to witness.

But when their perfect world comes crashing down in an accidental storm of hooves and misunderstandings, dealing with the ultimate loss, Stuart doesn't k
Brielle
Once again, Tia Louise has given us an amazing story full of love, life and the difficulties associated with both. We met Stuart and Mariska in One to Leave and we continue their story in One to Take. In this story, Stuart and Mariska seem to be on their way to their happily-ever-after but experience a situation that could either bring them closer or year them apart. I loved all of the ups and downs of this book and I cannot wait for the next book in the series. I'm so ready to see these charact ...more
She Hearts Books
Mariska is most definitely my favorite of all the women in the One to Hold Series. She is the dreamer. She is the one that sees the good. She is the one who loves so big. I adore her. Now add in super sizzling Stuart and I couldn't wait to read this part of their story. Don't get me wrong. This wasn't an easy part of the path for them. Not at all. It was heart wrenching at times. It was swoon worthy at times. I love that Tia just writes these couples who you can't help but invest in their lives. ...more
Michele McMullen
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can not tell you how much I enjoy that cast of characters that Tia has dreamt up in her mind! This is a standalone but I recommend that you start from the beginning to get the full effect of this wonderful cast of characters.
One to Take continues our journey with Stuart and Mariska ! Stuart is our strong, silent broken man that finds the undying love of the beautiful Mariska . They have a turbulent combustible love that needs constant attention to survive .Love and relationships take work and
Rachael Duncan
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One to Take is a sweet read with just the right amount of drama to keep you engaged. Tia Louise has an incredible talent and paints a beautiful picture with her words. I could clearly see everything about the ranch, pulling me into the story even more. I felt like I was there.

Stewart is dominant, but has a soft spot for Mariska and I loved the connection they shared. The bound and love they have for each other is inspiring. But when tragedy strikes, is their love enough to pull them through? You
Kaylee Ryan
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stuart and Mariska's journey takes you on an emotional roller coaster. You feel every emotion from heartbreak to the soul deep love that mends you back together. Another must read from Tia Louise.
Becky Rendon
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
The next chapter of Stuart and Mariska's lives...

The road of life has potholes, u-turns, detours, and one way streets. Not everyone will experience the bumps, detours, or chaos of one way going the wrong way, but it's safe to say everyone in the One to Hold series has had their share.

In Stuart and Mariska's case, they have more bumps to travel.
If you are anything like me, you will cry. You will want to smack a certain Captain Assh@t and even a gypsy for being idiots.
But you will definitely enjo
Jill
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe we are now on book 8 of the One To Hold Series and I am still just as in love with these characters as I was in the beginning. This book can be read as a stand alone but it is such a great series that I highly recommend reading the books in order just so you can fall in love with all the characters too. This book tells the tale about what really happens after the HEA for Mariska and Stuart.

Mariska is the free spirited, flower-child that loves Stuart Knight something fierce. These
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is a really touching and highly enjoyable love story that I very much enjoyed reading. First off, I would recommend starting off with the prequel titled Taken that comes right before this book so you’ll have a better understanding of what’s going on here since this book picks up right where that one left off. This is the eighth book in this series, but other than needing to read the prequel that goes along with this specific book, this can be read as a standalone with no problems whatsoever ...more
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
It’s no secret that Tia Louise’s One to Hold Series is one of my favorite ongoing series. I really can’t get enough of these dynamic characters, their heart tugging stories, and every memorable moment I get with them all. Each new book gives me a new story with them all, and the more I read this book, the more I fell once again for everything that Tia Louise so thoughtfully crafted in this book. Her writing just brings the world of this book to life in such an authentic way that invests you whol ...more
Samantha
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of all the 'One to Hold' series!! It's rare you get a full-length novel as a follow up to an original story. To get that in 'One to Take' AND have it be a phenomenal story is really rare. In the first book, 'One to Leave' we got met Stuart and Mariska and the story focused mainly on Stuart and the demons on his back. I fell in love with him then and he does not disappoint in OtT which continues their story but this time focuses on Mariska. A terrible part of her past has star ...more
Jen
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

For a good portion of the story, we have Stuart and Mariska happily getting along on the Knight family ranch in Montana. Admittedly, there were times that everything felt kind of ho-hum, not that I have anything against happy moments, but it was more like I was waiting for something exciting to happen or for the action to pick up. And then BAM! Something unexpected happens and it was rather heartbreaking, although a part of me did think that M
Dana Busenbark
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book truly shows us the pain, suffering, love, and everything else that Mariska and Stuart go through to find their HEA. From going to Montana, to the farm, to their time in the cabin, to Mariska helping Stuart figure out who he is and what he wants. To their pregnancy, their loss, their separation, and then their rejoining. There are so many things happening in this book. Sometimes you need to ask yourself how do so many things go wrong for one person? However, all those wrongs end up with ...more
Erica
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As many of you already know, I have an addiction to all books by Tia Louise.
And was literally over the moon when I heard that Stuart and Mariska were getting another book, but I got more than I expected.
I was thinking a continuation of their love story, their lives together. More of the small yet important stuff that we didn't see before. I was so far off base, it was all that and more.
The more being ripping my heart out of my chest, I wanted to ball up in a corner and cry right along with Mari
Michelle Austin

Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Ashley
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of the One to Hold universe. Tia Louise gives us another hot and steamy romance, with Stuart and Mariska at the center of this tale.

I love how this author is able to give her characters true personalities and character! She gives even the finest cowboy a heart and soul. She allows the reader to step into the spirited young woman's broken soul. Those feelings are real, hurtful, and not fiction. We become one with Stuart and Mariska during the ride to happiness.

I felt a solid con
Rebecca
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stuart Knight has always been the man of Mariska’s dreams, but the reality is a bit more complicated because Stuart’s a stubborn and dominant man who has demons to contend with and a father that he doesn’t want to become.

Stuart and Mariska’s love story began with a leap of faith and the belief that Stuart needed her, even if he had never met her before, and even though it took awhile for Stuart to see who Mariska was and what she meant to him, her love, patience, and beauty saved them both and g
  • Red Alert (Ecstasy in Red, #1)
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • SEX Unlimited: Volume 3 (Unlimited, #3)
  • The Lost Series (Complete Collection Boxset)
  • Betrayed (World Without Love, #1)
  • Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter
  • Viktor: Heart of Her King (Kings of the Blood #1)
  • Midnight Rain (Let it Rain #2)
  • Single, Volume 3 (Single, #3)
  • Mindfu*k
  • Unexpected Protector (Isthmus Alliance, #2)
  • Tested by Her Web Master (Web Master, #2)
  • Pushing Limits (Fighting Love, #1)
  • Erin's Fancy (Awakening Desires, #2)
  • Angry Movie Guy
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Fighting Fate
  • Thank You, Master (Inferno Connection, #1)
Tia Louise is the USA Today best-selling, award-winning author of 20 sexy romance and romantic suspense novels.

After being a teacher, a book editor, a journalist, and finally a magazine editor, she started writing love stories and never stopped.

Louise lives in the Midwest with her trophy husband, two teenage geniuses, and one grumpy cat.

NEW RELEASE: MAKE YOU MINE, coming Dec. 3!

Recent Releases:
W

One to Hold (9 books)
  • One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)
  • One to Keep (One to Hold, #2)
  • One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)
  • One to Love (One to Hold, #4)
  • One to Leave (One to Hold, #5)
  • One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
  • One to Chase (One to Hold, #7)
  • One Immortal