Start by marking “Playing House (Dark Secrets Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing House (Dark Secrets Duet #1)

Playing House

(Dark Secrets Duet #1)

IF I CAN'T BE HAPPY, NO ONE CAN.

I’m a dangerous woman. I have nothing left to lose. There’s a reason they call me the Black Widow. My boyfriend died trying to kill me. My husband died trying to save my life.

Consumed by an urge to bring revenge so passionately, darkness has officially devoured my soul. A master of persuasion, I trick and tease, reducing a grown man to tremb
Published March 3rd 2017 by Black Widow Publishing (first published March 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Playing House, please sign up.
Christa Simpson Hi Stacey. For some reason I'm only see this question now! Playing House will be releasing in March 2017. Tough Luck released on January 12, 2016. Hop…moreHi Stacey. For some reason I'm only see this question now! Playing House will be releasing in March 2017. Tough Luck released on January 12, 2016. Hope this helps. <3(less)

Start your review of Playing House (Dark Secrets Duet #1)
Babs
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Clarisse has some tough situations that she has gotten through and some she is working on now. Her boyfriend died as he was trying to kill her and her husband died trying to save her. She will do what ever she has to do to cause others pain.

There is some violence, twisted moments that will make you think and feel things you didn’t know you could. You will find out how strong someone can really be.

A dark but great story to read by this author.
Christa Simpson
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
This book is quite different from my light and breezy romances. It's super dark, twisted, and traumatic. There is violence, suspense, and a host of trigger situations that might cause you pain and dig up old memories and emotions that are best left in hiding if you've ever been emotionally abused. You'll meet the woman labeled the Black Widow and learn why she hurts people any way she knows how.

If you're willing to face your fears and scare off those inner demons, here's where you'll find the bu
Melissa Crump
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm just speechless. This book is dark but it's really good. I found my mouth agape a lot during this book...in shock, in horror, in pain, and in bewilderment.

This book definitely has tragedies, some situations are even tough to read, but Christa has done a phenomenal job writing this book. I seriously could not put it down. How strong can a person be? How can a person keep going when they've lost everything?

Meet Clarisse.
Rebecca
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book draws you in. I could not put it down. This is a very dark read.I laughed, I cried. Warning, this book could trigger certain emotions. This book end in a cliffhanger. I can't wait to read the next book.
Jacqualine Davis
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Buckle up because Playing House will take you on a wild ride. I went from "why do you put up with that" to "how did you survive that" to "what in the world is going to happen now." I think I bit my nails from the first page to the last!
Melissa Schaub
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!

This book was not at all what I expected. Twists and turns throughout the book will make your heart race, and have you anxiously turning the page to see what happens next.I would do yourself a favor and one click this book now!
Suzanne Giorgione
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At first I wasn't sure I was going to like this book but WOW! What a page turner! A dark, twisted, erotic tale that had you entranced and you can't put it down. So many emotions in this tale and you can't help but rooting for Clarisse, hoping for something great to happen. Going to get book 2 now!!
Brianas_best_reads
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
✨Review✨

Thank you so much Christa Simpson for sending a copy of “Playing House” my way!

When I received this book from Christa I noticed that she left me a note inside which reads “get ready for a wild ride.” I was immediately intrigued and once I started reading I realized that this book was indeed a wild ride!

This book is about Clarisse Blackwell who comes to be known as the Black Widow after her boyfriend dies trying to kill her and her husband dies trying to save her life. After experiencin
Sophie Koufes
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Description:Title: Playing House
First Book in The Black Widow Series
A Dark Twisted Erotic Thriller
Clarisse Blackwell known as The Black Widow
Wow! Im shocked & speechless. This book is dark but so good. A unrivaled novel that is very well developed with no plot holes. With complex characters that are realistic with real emotions & flaws. The title sure fits the story well. This novel is extremely twisted, dark, edgy, filled with some violence, & painful moments. A tale that will have you at the e
Becky Baldridge
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I love a good dark, twisted tale, but this one was just sad for me through most of it. I felt sorry for Clarisse a lot and I can understand how she got to the place she's at by the end of the book. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. I can't say that I hated it, but I certainly didn't love it either. It is well-written, other than a few grammatical errors and it elicited some pretty strong emotions, including shock, horror, pity, and anger. I'm also more than a little aggravated with ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm of very mixed opinion about this one. It's very different from what I usually read and I can't quite decide if I like it because of that or not. Light and fluffy are two words that definitely can not be used to describe this book. Dark, intense, edgy, violent, brutal; these are all far more accurate. Clarisse is a woman pushed past all endurance and she does some things that I know I'd never consider doing. And I think that's where I have the most problems relating to this story. The point w ...more
Samantha Lewis
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy $h#t!

I really enjoyed this book. I can't wait to read the next one. Everytime you think you know what's going to happen theres a new twist. I received an arc copy to review and this is my voluntary review.
Tanya Vought
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not the typical style from this Author - but that's perfectly okay.
It shows that Author's like this one can go out of their typical genre and give us something new and wonderful to try.
You will find Playing House extremely twisted, dark, filled with some violence, painful moments and yet at the same time filled with a few friends/family who are supportive.

You will also find that the Black Widow-- harms good men turning them evil... that's what she does, but why?

Note- Yes, Playing Hous
Dec 25, 2019
Shelley Matlack kinder
Dec 12, 2017
Sami ♥'s Books
This was an emotional read. Very intriguing storyline. Two significant others die and Clarissa (and most of the world) blames herself. There's also another death, that could've been a dream- but maybe not?

I'm very disappointed to get to the end and find out it's a cliffhanger. Sometimes I'm okay with a cliffhanger- but this one came out of nowhere. No warning in the blurb...
meeky
Ruth
Janet
Savannah
Jan 29, 2017

• Bad Luck Charlie (The Dragon Mage, #1)
  • Daybreak (Titan, #3)
  • Space Pirate Charlie (The Dragon Mage #2)
  • Dragon King Charlie (The Dragon Mage, #3)
  • Magic Man Charlie (The Dragon Mage #4)
  • Wanderlust
  • Star Fighter Charlie (The Dragon Mage #5)
  • Off Balance (Ballet Theatre Chronicles, #1)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Portland Devils, #1)
  • No Kind of Hero (Portland Devils, #2)
  • Carry Me Home (Paradise, Idaho, #1)
  • Turn Me Loose (Paradise, Idaho, #3)
  • Hold Me Close (Paradise, Idaho, #2)
  • Habit (Titan, #1)
  • Survivors (Titan, #2)
  • Pretend Wife
  • Take Me Back (Paradise, Idaho, #4)
  • Into the Darkness (Crimson Worlds Refugees #1)
Bestselling Author of erotic thrillers and steamy contemporary romances with a twist. My stories are loaded with passion, suspense and sarcasm, much like my life.

I'm a small town Canadian girl, living in Tilbury, Ontario, with my husband and two beautiful daughters. I'm known for writing the most captivating alpha men, and for my breezy, entertaining writing style. I'm an all or nothing kind of g

Dark Secrets Duet (2 books)
  • The Black Widow (Dark Secrets Duet, #2)