Start by marking “Magic Times” as Want to Read:
Magic Times

Magic Times

Everybody wants a little magic—but just a little can do a lot of damage!

A young man not overly burdened with brains hitchhikes to Ohio in search of his runaway girlfriend, but he finds a lot more than he’s looking for. Soon Jason is chin-deep in a bizarre and perilous predicament involving a witch, a crippled magician, a sinister businessman, a mysterious stalker, and a b
Published June 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Magic Times, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Times

PattyMacDotComma
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: comedy-witchcraft, fantasy,
I liked this. Just crazy enough. Not being a reader of fantasy, generally, I would have judged this book by its cover and missed it. Glad I didn’t. I do like Terry Pratchett’s wit and humour, and I’m quite happy to suspend disbelief for things like the classic The Third Policeman by Flann O’Brien.

Here, Crick reminds me of Pratchett, David Foster Wallace, and even Dickens (for the memorable character names).

As in Infinite Jest, there’s a strange man in a wheelchair and a hypnotically beautiful
Chantal
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chantal by: Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Shelves: 2015, e-books, vip
This is an unusual, very funny read.
At first I was told that this book was very hard to put into one genre, and I was like: right… how can that be hard. Well now I understand!

A good looking but not very smart boy is hitchhiking to find the girl he loves, and soon finds himself in bizarre situations.
Dark magic, magic potions and extremely beautiful women are some of the ingredients for this funny story.
I really enjoyed it!
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This book, a move in another direction from the pen of known horror author Harvey Click is like a hot pot simmering on the stove, a little bit of this and a little bit of that, a pinch of the other.

Featuring everything from witchcraft to some sexy scenes, satire and hilarious predicaments, it's a real little surprise package of entertainment.

siobhan Quinlan
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun interesting book there were times where i was laughing out loud in public. A great read if you want something light that will take you out of a reading block.
Jason is a lovable character but I did at times wonder where his brain was as he did not seem to do much thinking.
I loved the cover art for this book and it really drew me in. I spent a bit of time just looking at the lovely cover and the stunning colors.
This book is one to give a try to when you want something light and fun. I w
Elisa
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy from the author and his publicist in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Harvey Click!
Magic Times is hard to describe. It is an unusual mix of genres that defies categorization. I wouldn't call it Magical Realism (like Jason describes the Conan the Barbarian-type book that he reads), because it is simply not realistic. I guess I would call it a dark comedy, with a lot of magic in it, but it is also an exploration of reading, writing and books in general. I especially
Donnie Burgess
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Magic Times is the story of a young man named Jason chasing his chubby girlfriend, Holly, from a small town to the big city. Having grown up in a backwater town, Jason soon realizes that, while Holly is Glum Fork pretty, she doesn’t hold a candle to Columbus (below) average. Jason’s journey is rife with unique and colorful characters, some of whom have his best interests at heart, while others may be working dark magic, manipulating him and playing games with his immortal soul – or worse, talkin ...more
Erth
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Shannon Mcfarland
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was just plain crazy. But it was crazy in a good way that kept you hooked throughout.

I like fantasy books and books about strange goings ons. Well this one totally fit the bill.

Jason starts out in this story hitchhiking. You know how those kinds of adventures usually end up (insert the gasp). A very unique individual, Madison Hatter, stops to help/pick up Jason.

At this point, the real adventure begins. Jason originally set out to search his girlfriend who disappeared. While on this
Misfits farm
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
A very unique book, somewhere between Alice in Wonderland (character-Madison Hatter) and the Wizard of Oz (someone on a journey). Jason , who is not the smartest chap, is on a journey to find the love of his life Holly and meets some interesting folks along the way who helps him, or not.
An easy enjoyable read that I am not sure fits into any genre. Some likeable characters, a simple story line and a smile along the way. Apart from the sex, could almost be adults version of a children's story wi
Rose De
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a strange and unusual novel. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the characters who later I discovered had greater depth than was at first apparent.

Magic Times isn't easily categorized as belonging to just one genre. It's a terrific read that combines the mystical, philosophical and hilarious into a story that's highly original.
Laura Seaman
Aug 11, 2015
GARY ARNELL
Oct 27, 2018
Jesse Wright
rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2018
Na
Jan 14, 2018
Rune Mu
Feb 16, 2018
Paranormal and Ho...: Comic fantasy just 99 cents through 09/23 1 5 Sep 17, 2015 12:02PM
Horror Aficionados : New release--Magic Times 1 13 Jun 29, 2015 02:35PM
Paranormal and Ho...: New release--Magic Times 1 4 Jun 29, 2015 02:31PM
Harvey Click earned an M.A. in English from Ohio State University, using his first novel as a master's thesis. He has written five novels, four of them in the horror genre, and numerous short stories. He has taught both English and creative writing for Ohio University, Ohio State University, the James Thurber House, and OSU's Creative Arts Program.