Start by marking “1000 Rings: Inspiring Adornments for the Hand” as Want to Read:
1000 Rings: Inspiring Adornments for the Hand

1000 Rings: Inspiring Adornments for the Hand

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Diverse, extensive, and incredibly beautiful, this awe-inspiring collection features the most magnificent rings ever. With designs that range from the traditional to the very avant-garde, each of the 1,000 examples is an exceptional work of art, finely crafted by the best contemporary jewelers. Rob Jackson mixes antique industrial elements (a 100-year-old wrought iron nail ...more
Published August 1st 2004 by Lark Books

To ask other readers questions about 1000 Rings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1000 Rings

Dana
Jun 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jewelry-class
This book is kind of part of a series by Lark (500 ________). These books have served me and many people I know as a source of Inspiration. They show one of a kind, hand made pieces by artists from all over the world. Some of the pieces also have descriptions from the artist about what inspired the piece or the ideas behind it. In a classroom, students could look at these books for ideas and see where other artists take their ideas from.
Mario Hiter
May 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
1000 rings contains creative creations for rings made 1 of a kind by various popular artists. Rings, inluding non-traditional materials such as pencils, were used in various creations. This book would be a good resource for this book-set to give students various ideas for making rings, and to step out of the box.
Amanda
Aug 02, 2007 rated it really liked it
This was my first introduction to art jewelry. All the work is beautiful, but some of it makes you think and question the role of jewelry in our society and in the art world. A great collection of what is happening on the contemporary metals world.
Jillian Geralds
Aug 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book contains an amazing collection of "jewelry as sculpture" that is both beautiful and inspiring.
Sherry Buchanan
Aug 13, 2007 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent jewelery design book! It includes mixed media, found objects, textiles and, of course, metals.
Cas
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jewelry
One of the best in the 500 series, great inspiration for metalworkers on any education level.
Amanda
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, I love lots of the books from this series. But since I am a metalsmith and concentrate on rings this book is so inspiring.
Beth
May 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
I got this for christmas in 2006, and I'm always inspired thumbing through it.
April Rhodes
Mar 11, 2015
Jesus Hernandez
Feb 15, 2016
elane singletery
rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2017