Start by marking “Skully (Perdition Games)” as Want to Read:
Skully (Perdition Games)

Skully

(Perdition Games #2)

She can't run fast enough to escape her past.

Authorities find five-year-old Gabriella LeBlanc walking on the ice of Lake Superior six months after an unspeakable crime. Michigan police discover a dead man in a wilderness cabin, but the child has no memory of her abduction or captivity.

Thirty years later, Gabriella disappears from her home after calling 911 and accusing
Published June 21st 2015 by L.E. Fraser

To ask other readers questions about Skully, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skully

Start your review of Skully (Perdition Games)
Christine
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

Skully is book 2 of the Perdition Games thriller series by impressive Canadian author L.E. Fraser. I really liked the first book, Simon Says, but Skully is even better. This series features Toronto PI Samantha (Sam) McNamara and her partner Reece Hash, who is a member of the police force in book one and is a newly-minted PI in Skully.

The story opens up with an arc about Gabriella LeBlanc that covers her life from a very young age to adulthood. I would call this portion of the book (clo
Sue
SKULLY, PERDITION GAMES by L.E. Fraser’s is book 2 in this dark chilling suspenseful thriller that I think is great and even better than book 1, Perdition Games: Simon Says. This is one talented author. The series keeps getting better. It is well written and is sure to please.

The series is broken down as follows:
Perdition Games: Simon Says (Book #1)
Skully, Perdition Games (Book #2)
Red Rover, Perdition Games (Book #3)

I had a chance to read all three books in early January 2017, and this is the r
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I read this one immediately after Simon Says (Perdition Games Book #1). I needed more about the growing relationship between Samantha (Sam) and Reece and if this book would provide "closure" (see notes and highlights:)) on the cult leader from Simon Says. The plot, mystery, suspense, and story is much better in Skully. Although we do find out more about Mussani, this story has more of a creepy, pnr, and just a tiny bit of Experiments in Terror vibe - however, Reece is not even remotely like Dex ...more
Petra
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book about Private Investigator Samantha McNamara and her new partner in business and life, Reece Hash.
The book starts off with the horrific back-story of Gabriella LaBlanc. Her traumatic childhood, her struggling family. As in the first book, Perdition Games: Simon Says, Sam and Reece don't actually make an appearance until way into the book. That's where the investigation starts. Gabriella has disappeared after making an emergency call claiming her husband was assaulting her
 Reading Reindeer
Review: SKULLY, PERDITION GAMES by L. E. Fraser

A most engrossing psychological suspense novel focusing on depth psychology, relationships, and the intricate chokehold the past maintains on the present, SKULLY, PERDITION GAMES is an electrifying thrill ride also resonating with elements of horror, both human and supernatural. I couldn't stop reading nor turn away, and I definitely must read the first in the series also.
Timothy
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little confusing, but a good read

A little girl is kidnapped. Years later, she's a little strange. As an adult, she disappears and is presumed murdered.

The plot is convoluted, and that doesn't even touch on the tortured past of the PI investigating the case. But eventually it all comes together with a satisfying ending. Worth a read.
Kim Page
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! This book is SO freaking good!! L. E. Fraser has definitely outdone herself with this one!!!
Heart raising, sad, suspenseful and emotional...what more could you ask for?
The characters were very complex and made the story that much more exciting!! So, refreshing to read a story that is so complex and interesting and unique!

If you like suspense...this is absolutely a MUST READ!!
Pat
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This was very addictive. Although there was no gore it had a really creepy vibe. Gabriella Le Blanc was abducted as a five year old and was found six months later wandering in the wilderness with a Samoyed dog that she wouldn't be parted from. Although she appeared to have no memory of her time away, there was evidence of torture and rape (bloody hell, a five year old). This happens early in the book so I'm not giving anything away. On the night she disappeared, her mother gave birth ...more
Linda
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skully, Perdition Games

Very interesting book. I was compelled to read during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just couldn't put the book down. Well written.
Vickilynn76
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodstory

Very good story Great characters Easy story line very enjoyable. One of my favorite authors. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Brenda Roberson
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
SKULLY: PERDITION GAMES is a suspenseful thriller that kept me guessing right up until the very end. The book is the second in a series but each book could be a stand alone novel. It is a violent and unsettling read at times and is not recommended for the faint at heart.

When she was five, Gabriella LeBlanc was abducted by a monster while on a family vacation. After several months of captivity and abuse, she was found by police walking on the ice of Lake Superior while the man who abducted her w
Joseph Hirsch
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read L.E. Fraser's first novel in the "Perdition Games" series. It was good, but not good enough to prepare me for the sequel. "Skully: Perdition Games," however, is great. The novel is a suspenseful thriller that kept even a seasoned vet like me (I've read quite a few thrillers in my day) guessing up until the very end. The book is violent and unsettling, without being gratuitous, and, as in the first novel, the characters feel like real humans. Indeed, I think one of Ms. Fraser's strengths a ...more
Denise
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-goal
** I received this ARC from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.**

Wow. This series, 'Perdition Games', keeps getting better. After reading book one, 'Simon Says', I wasn't sure the second book, 'Skully', could even top the storyline, but I was wrong. This book blew me away. I was hooked from the beginning. The storyline was well written and full of thrilling scenes, suspense, mystery, drama and deceit. The story was incredibly well thought out. The characters were an interesting array
Charles Ray
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When she was five, Gabriella LeBlanc was abducted by a monster. After several months of captivity and abuse, she was found by police walking on the frozen waters of Lake Superior, and the man who abducted her was found in an isolated cabin with his head smashed in.
Thirty years later, Gabriella disappears again after calling 911 and accusing her husband of assaulting her.
Toronto PI Samantha McNamara and her partner, former cop Reece Hash, are hired by the husband’s attorney to investigate and fin
Cindy Smith
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
wow!!! This is book 2 in the series and it does not disappoint at all. Sam McNamara is growing as a PI. I loved concept of hiring a PI to prove the innocence of a really misguided individual.

During a family vacation, Gabriella goes missing. 6 months later she is found walking alone across the ice of Lake Superior and a man is found dead in a cabin.

30 Years later, Gabriella calls 911 saying her husband is attacking her. When the cops get there, she is gone and there is lots of blood.

Sam is hire
Peter
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
I received this book as a Goodreads First Read. It took me a little while to get into the flow of the story line but it did intrigue me. I am glad I stuck with it because I enjoyed the later part of the book much more. I liked the way Sam McNamara's character unfolded, and the twists and turns discovering the truth about Gabriella. It did leave me feeling that I wanted to read more of the Perdition Games series, discovering more about Sam McNamara and the further complex cases that she will find ...more
Gina Smith
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh where do I begin with how much I loved this book and how much I like this author. Gabriella is abducted when she was 5 when the family was vacationing In a very secluded area. She is found and returned to her family but did something happen to her during the time she was missing? And when she was found a dog was with her and they could not be separated. Many dark thing seemed to happen around Gabriella afterward and continued into her adulthood. I found this book so hard to put down.
Catherine
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Was a bit unsure about the wendigo connection. Was Gabriella suffering from a split personality or was there a deeper evil at work? I'm still not sure. Whichever way, it is a good, scary read. At times one finds Gabriella frightening and at other times she inspires pity. Lovely ending. Will now look for book 1.
Tonya Thomas
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A psychological thriller that will grab you and hold you in suspense, and keep you guessing all the way through the book. L.E. Fraser did a great job of setting a maddening pace to keep up with. ABSOLUTE MUST read!! I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Aviar Savijon
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skully

This is a work of art. The story begins with a simple young family. Which is not what you see. It is filled with mystery and dramatic adventure from beginning to end. A true must read for all. I loved it and so will you.
Susan Lee Thuener
This read like a Koontz book. So evil you can't put it down.

Basically I don't read most of Koontz books. This is a good example of why. I will probably have nightmares about Gabriela And Isabella. If you like to be scared or enjoy this sort of story go for it.
C Dove
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Truly intriguing psychological thriller! The character display all of the foibles and strengths of real life.
Dionaea
Aug 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Somehow, I keep reading the second installment of series. There is no single well-adjusted character that this book focuses on, every character has something unfortunate that happened or is happening to them. I thought the abundance of personal problems made me immune to feeling anything for them but I read another book where there's no well-adjusted characters and I was engrossed in their stories. Eventually my indifference turned to dislike regarding the relationship problems between PI and th ...more
Patricia A Wright
Mesmerizing!!

I enjoyed Simon Says. So I hoped Skully would be good. It was the best book I have read in months. The plot was fast paced. I city turn the pages fast enough. The characters are multi dimensional and believable. I will start reading the next book immediately. Please keep the books coming. It is great to have a new series to read.
Linda Look
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A five year old girl was found six months after her disappearance. Thirty years later, she calls 911 and accuses her husband of trying to kill her. This is a weird, multiple personality tale. I rate this a 4.6.
Pat
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good book. Almost quit reading it but glad didn't it was different but one of the best books I have read in along time

Great book don't give up on it read it all you will be enlightened about things some people have to live with
Robin Dixon
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

Seriously one of the best authors I have read. The Perdition Games books are very well written and keep you guessing!!!
Punkin
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-amazon
Not as good as red rover

Kind of predictable with some twists at the same time. . . . . . . . . . .
Kim
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hard to figure out at first, but the story really picked up about 2/3's through and then ended too quickly.
Gabrielle
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twisted

5. Loved it. What horror happens in our childhood stays with us. What happens in our adulthood can break us.
Readers That Love...: FREE Thriller over August 1 4 Aug 04, 2017 02:02PM
eBook Miner: Pyschological Thriller FREE for the holidays 1 6 Dec 19, 2015 11:36AM

• Rise: Surviving the Fight of My Life
  • Pilfered Promises (A Victorian San Francisco Mysteries, #5)
  • In for a Penny (Seasoned Southern Sleuths Cozy Mystery Book #1)
  • Blackout: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape from the Democrat Plantation
  • 99 Days With You
  • Agent Zero (Agent Zero Spy Thriller #1)
  • Submerged (Alaskan Courage, #1)
  • Wild Justice
  • Deadline (Jack McMorrow Mystery, #1)
  • Mystery: The Isherwood Case Files
  • Chained Guilt (Hidden Guilt, #1)
  • Midnight (McKenna Chronicles, #1)
  • Greed (Amber Monroe Crime Thriller, #1)
  • A Riviera Retreat
  • A Cross to Bear (Jack Sheridan Mystery #1)
  • Lies Come True (Avery Hart Trilogy, #1)
  • The Missing (A Riveting Kidnapping Mystery Series Book 11)
L.E. Fraser completed her post-secondary education in Toronto and moved to London, Ontario with her husband, two sons, and three pugs. Raised on military bases, her introduction to unique people and experiences fed a lifelong desire to write. She combines her passion for psychology and criminology in her Perdition Games novels, where the monsters you can’t recognize are more frightening than the o ...more

Perdition Games (4 books)
  • Simon Says (Perdition Games)
  • Red Rover (Perdition Games)
  • Frozen Statues (Perdition Games)