Start by marking “Yoga Therapy for Stress and Anxiety: Create a Personalized Holistic Plan to Balance Your Life” as Want to Read:

Holistic, practical, and student-centered, this guide offers you the tools and freedom to delve deep into your interior landscape and create your own comprehensive yoga program—a program that, like the world around us, changes from year to year and day to day. The lasting benefits of these transformative yoga practices encompass health, relationships, work, relaxation, ...more
Published September 8th 2015 by Llewellyn Worldwide (first published September 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Yoga Therapy for Stress and Anxiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yoga Therapy for Stress and Anxiety

Start your review of Yoga Therapy for Stress and Anxiety: Create a Personalized Holistic Plan to Balance Your Life
Leigh Anne
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Pro-yoga, anti-meds.

I mention this up front, because the author sneaks it in at the end: do enough yoga and inner work, and maybe you can cut down on all that horrible medicine you take! And, as usual, not a shred of medical evidence whatsoever to back it up: presumably the rest of the book will lead you to this "obvious" conclusion.

Narrator: Reader, it will not.

But since this is Llewellyn we're talking about, the target audience is not necessarily looking for medical advice. This is why it
Jess Mackay
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read for anyone suffering from stress or anxiety that wants to help themselves. This book offers as a guide to empower you to become the master of your anxiety. Full of great lifestyle tips and exercises. Even though it requires practice even after reading the book I feel I have great control on how I chose to respond to external factors
A really great read
Ana Sugac
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Very nicely organized and with a big amount of scientific information and explanations. Liked it so much because it included not only practical physical therapy, but also some exercises for your mind and thoughts.
Highly recommend it to everyone who wants to dig into what yoga is and how it works. Thank you very much to the authors - great job!
Michelle Cornish
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very thorough and helpful. I love how not only are the yoga poses explained clearly, but there is also very detailed information about the history and psychology of yoga and why it works so well.
Katie  Brandl
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super helpful
Stefanie Jillian
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring. Yoga Therapy is my life. Dr. Butera along with his wife and colleagues at the YogaLife Institute are bridging the gap between Eastern and Western Medicine.
Agatha Glowacki
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good for a beginner but for me, way too basic
Ellie Taylor
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I recently signed up for NetGalley to expand my reading horizons and try out genres that I don’t generally think to check in my local bookstore. This was something that caught my eye because I love yoga. I practice several times a day and it’s one something I come to for a variety of reasons. To stretch after a days work, to breath through illness/asthma, to relax and have alone time, to meditate on my place in the universe and goals for the present and future, to cultivate a healthier body, ...more
Justin
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: yoga
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

This book centered on using mindfulness to change your life. The authors use Yoga proper to describe how to reduce stress/anxiety.

Since this book covers many different aspects of Yoga there is a lot more here than just poses. If you are expecting a book about how different poses
relate to anxiety/stress you won't see much of that until the appendices. What you will see are plentiful exercises that encourage readers to apply
Lili
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
From Netgalley for a Review:

As someone who has really bad anxiety and stress problems, I always try to read these books that pop up on Netgalley pertaining to easing the subject at hand, you never know, I might learn something that is helpful.

This book is nothing new to me, it takes a combination of mindfulness and different paths of yoga, things that have been known to help stress and anxiety. This book, however, is taking positions and such that are thought to help stress and anxiety, making
Naomi
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full blog review in progress closer to release date:

This book is so much more than what I even thought it was going to be. As I find myself utilizing yoga as my life becomes more hectic and stressful, I found this book to be an absolutely dynamic read that will be going into my Amazon cart. It is very rare that I will purchase a book once I have reviewed it. This occurs maybe once to twice per year, but this book definitely fits into that category.

This book not only discusses yoga poses, but
Marta
This book is dense with text, so it can seem a bit intimidating to read and the authors actually suggest taking parts if that is better for you. The advice may not be utterly shocking to anyone, but there are good explanations for how we get wound up and how yoga can help. Reflection exercizes are there for those who want to really journal- but it is easy to just do the couple that intrigue and not miss out. The routines were really nice, I would have liked more.
Jenni Schell
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This is a very well written book. It gives you not only information on how to help center your life but gives you plenty of poses to use in your daily yoga routine. A very helpful read.
Kate
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ultimately, this ended up being an enjoyable read. It's a little new-agey at times, but there are some good ideas in here that I'm going to implement.
Laura Cristina
Rachel Oppitz
Aug 06, 2019

• Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior
  • Unspeakable Things
  • The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-term Health
  • The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, Second Edition
  • Your Life Is Mine
  • The Murderer Next Door: Why the Mind Is Designed to Kill
  • Satisfied: A 90-Day Spiritual Journey Toward Food Freedom
  • Hunger, Hope, and Healing: A Yoga Approach to Reclaiming Your Relationship to Your Body and Food
  • Fiori sopra l'inferno (Teresa Battaglia, #1)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Soon: The Beginning of the End (Underground Zealot, #1)
  • Yoga for Wellness: Healing with the Timeless Teachings of Viniyoga
  • Four Sisters in Paris
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • Rage (Alex Delaware, #19)
  • Asylum
  • Certain Prey (Lucas Davenport, #10)
  • Purge: Rehab Diaries