Start by marking “Deviant” as Want to Read:
Deviant

Deviant

Julien

I'm a hit man, an assassin. A deviant by all accounts. I never pretended to be the good guy.

She was the opposite.

But the minute she pulled the curtains back and saw my face, watched me screwing the blonde who happened to be my next mark, she sealed her own fate.

There could be no witnesses, ever.

Imagine my surprise when I turned up to take care of her only to find
Published July 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Deviant, please sign up.
Natasha Knight Hi Paula,

Hi Paula,

There is BDSM content in the book, but it's not set in a club and the D/s that occurs is not play. The scenes occur organically and fit for the story, but if you're sensitive to dubious-consent, this may not be the best choice for you.

The BDSM content is not the piece that tells the story of Julien and Mia, but Julien is definitely a dominant man used to getting what he wants and he can be rough at times.

You may get a feel for the book (and Julien) if you download the sample Amazon offers and decide from there.

I hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you would like more details and thanks for asking.

Thanks.
Natasha (less)

Start your review of Deviant
Candace
I listened to the Audible version of this book and it was well-narrated. However, this was definitely an audiobook that will keep you blushing in traffic. Julien is one dirty-talking, dominant guy! The things that came out of his mouth had me equal parts shocked and turned on.

Mia is on the run from her step-brother and his criminal family. Responsible for putting him in jail, she knows that he will kill her if he ever gets his hands on her again. When he is released from prison early, that's exa
Sleepless Readmore
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Your intuition will lead the way;
You don’t need to ask for directions.
5 Curiosity Killed the Kitten STARS

Julien and Mia .. ♥
description

I had to remember that he wasn't the good guy.
He wasn't the hero. In fact, he was the villain.

description

I only fuck you when it's half past five
The only time I'd ever call you mine ..►♫

description

Even though I tried to push her away,
even though I knew that was the right thing to do,
some part of me hoped she'd chose me anyway.

OH MY! Natasha Knight .. WELL HELLO YOU UNDERCOVER AMAZING AUTHOR
Cristina
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
description

I've had this book on my TBR for some time now but unfortunately that list has somehow transformed into my "where books go to die" list (not for all but for most) because I never seem to get to them and new and exciting books always appear. So when Natasha Knight offered me an arc for one of her books (that I had to turn down because of the genre) I asked her if I could have an arc for Deviant and so my journey with Julien and Mia began.

description

If you're expecting dark romance then you'll be disappointe
Olga therebelreader
5+++ STARS

What a unique book this was! It was intense, deliciously dark, extremely erotic and highly suspenseful. If you're looking for a dirty d/s read, you'll probably love this book as much as I did. I fell in love with Julien. He does not disappoint. He is not a romantic hero by any means yet he does have his own morals. This story is all sexiness and kick ass action.

photo tumblr_inline_mxahwiPxNi1rr6ht5_zpsmekrqwnr.gif

Julien is a lethal and justly awesome bad-ass assassin as he glides through various hits and mind-blowing action. He is a
TF
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

This is my 3rd book by Natasha Knight and I’ve noticed a pattern where the heroine finds herself kidnapped by the hero. Regardless of the similarities, her books are fast paced, quick reads and entertaining. I wouldn’t classify this story as full on dark but it does have some dark undertones with a hero that is true to the title – deviant.

Mia is on the run from her sister’s husband and his crazy son who is out for vengeance because of her testimony that sent him to prison. But instead
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review. Let me start by saying that this book is not for the faint at heart. Our hero, Julien, is unapologetically himself. That sometimes means he’s crude and cruel. Other times it means he will give our heroine the most confusing pleasure-pain she’s ever had. His past colors his actions but Mia worms her way into his heart in a way that, although he resists, he can’t do so for long.

I liked Mia. She was curious, a bit naive, and maybe too trusting but she was honest, optimistic despi
Mojo_Mama
0 stars

Zo, honey, I'm not reading your book choices anymore. No offense, you're my fave sis-in-law...shhh...don't tell BB or Lex...but you and I, we've come to an impasse over the amount of bullshit I'll put up with in my reads.

This book is a prime fucking example.

This started out great and I really wanted to like it. The writing was excellent, so I'll read this author again. But in the end, the H was just too big of a manipulative prick for my taste.

One of my biggest no-no's happened. It's OK
Bookadmirer
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-plot

Natasha Knight is one of the best adult romance authors. I loved this book. It was fun, thrilling, the pace was good, nice plot and both protagonists have such strong chemistry.

The ending was perfect.

♛✨Christine ♛✨
The cover is amazingly hot, the blurb is incredibly steamy and the story was erotically INTENSE!
Holy hell this novel just hit me in all the right places!

No one should ever miss out on this novel...What do you have to loose?
Carlene Inspired
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
You can find more of my reviews at Carlene Corrupted and Carlene Inspired.

She's been watching him for three days. Three days of rough sex with his mark before he kills her and then she'll be next. Julien doesn't do witnesses and he'll take out some frustrations on the innocent girl watching through the window before getting rid of her too. At least that was the plan until two men show up prepared to take her out as well. Turns out Mia St. Rose has a price on her head thanks to her newly free ste
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, nicholebeware
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

I'll be honest, this book may not be for every reader, but it did entertain me for the three hours that it took for me to read it.

Deviant was an erotic dark read between a lethal hitman and an innocent woman he meets along the way.

It was gritty, it was sensual, and over all it tagged a lot of hot and cold buttons for me.

Regardless though, I personally feel that you're either going to dig it. OR, want to throw it
Snow
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Killer stars

as I read the blurb I expected it to be something but instead I got a completely different thing! I liked the book, suprisingly...

I started off as a an unusual encounter between Julien DeAngelo the deadly contract killer, an assasin who was an asshole and a prick towards his female victims (well, he fucked their brains out before he killed them, isn't that a good way to go, huh?!)and a sudden witness to his sexual escapades...

Mia St.Rose was running from the "attached family" th
Sharron E.
HOT ALPHA ALERT.
(Hint: He's a mercenary too. *raises eyebrows*)
Taria Reed
Aug 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who think forced seduction is hot.
***this review may contain some spoilers***

2hrs into the book....

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANYONE SAY THIS WAS A GODDAMN FORCED SEDUCTION BOOK? I read a few reviews and NOT A FUCKING PEEP. And now we are into the hero giving the heroine a "punishment". She was NOT into this lifestyle and he is forcing it on her. I do not like that shit. The whole BDSM and D/s lifestyle is about trust, respect, and is mutually agreed on limits. WHAT THE FUCK DID I GET MYSELF INTO!?!?

Soldiering on to the end hopefully c
JadeC
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars! i love this! firstly, look at the cover. wow. right amount of darkness, twisty, steam and suspense.
Julien, a hitman, isn't a romantic hero and the first page basically started with him having rough sex with another woman (before he kills her) all the while knowing Mia was watching from the opposite. Mia, the curious kitten, couldn't help herself but watch through the curtains. however, Julien can't have witnesses like this and she had to go too. sadly, Mia finds herself in some troubl
EpicRomanceReviews
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
"I hold your life in my hands. You live at my pleasure, understand?"

I listened to the audio version of DEVIANT and OMG this heart palpitating, hot AF dark romance might in fact be my absolute FAVORITE Natasha Knight dark romance to date!

This story made me blush, quiver, squirm, cringe and shudder in equal measure!! Julien is one dirty-talking, dominant, DEPRAVED badass who was oh so menacing yet also so deeply broken he made me love him despite his heinous acts. He is the epitome of the dar
Rose
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it

So this is the third book of this author I read.... and why?

Because I can't put them down.

That being said, each one blurs the consensual line, in the end the heroines want it and enjoy it and that's not what annoys me.

In every book, the hero beats the h with a belt and she's aroused and they end up having this sort of relationship. I think this is this author's trademark, so if you want to read a book of hers and don't like BDSM themes, don't read them. But it's not merely BDSM themes here, bu
Deborah
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it

The assassin and the innocent.

'Deviant' was going to be a first time read for me by this author but while I was waiting for its release I came across 'Given to the Savage' so I thought I'd give it a try, unfortunately I found myself disappointed with it and so when 'Deviant' was released I left it for awhile, I'm glad however that I did get round to reading it.
Mia hasn't had much luck in her life she's completely alone and she's been on the run for the past two years, she's running from her step
PepperP0t
Not a good read for my taste. Julian's an assassin, a hitman if you will. And he's excellent at it. He never misses, he doesn't leave any witnesses, he completes the jobs he takes and he's a sociopath. Or a human terminator which would also make him a sociopath. When his neighbor, Mia, sees him having sex with his target, he decides she must also be eliminated.

Mia has issues starting out. She has a history of sex abuse, family problems that keep her one step ahead of retaliation for testifying
Cara Bristol
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, erotica, 2015
I’ve read author Natasha Knight for several years now, and her books keep getting better and better with regard to storytelling and writing. They’re also getting darker and darker, delving into and dredging up moral corruption for the reader to see. Deviant is a twisted tale of man without boundaries or scruples, and the victimized woman who thinks she can save him. Julien isn’t a bad boy--he’s an anti-hero, a degenerate, a villain romanticized. Deviant is edgy, gritty and raw—and utterly compel ...more
Cortney
Aug 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 47%
I had guessed as to where the author was going with Mia's backstory and apparently Julien knew (or at least guessed as much) too. That fact makes me all the more disgusted with this book. With him being so insistent about her giving it up, even if he had an INKLING about something that had happened to her, really enrages me. If a woman says, "No" or "Stop" - you do it! There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I don't care that's he's an assassin or that he's angsty, he doesn't have to b
Tionne
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Dnf @ 85%, only God knows how I made it this far........blame my curiosity. Tbh the cover kinda turned me off in the beginning cause the guy looked like a total douche but I decided to give it a chance. Mia is so fucking stupid, it was painful to read. I didn't like Julien at all. They practically fucked every 3 pages & I wasn't even feeling the sex. Was that meant to be bdsm??? Lol. I felt 0 chemistry between them........it was more like Stockholm syndrome. I'm sorry but this was terrible imo : ...more
Vieira
The cover model is a perfect representation of Julien he's a sexy arrogant asshole. But I love an arrogant guy that falls hard for an innocent girl. Mia had a backbone which I liked. This was pretty hardcore but I loved it!! I'd love a novella!!
Anastacia K.
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
note to self. this book had the sexiest dirty talk i've ever read and TRUST me i've read some pretty hot dirty talk. the story was beautiful.
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Julien is a hitman and a good one. He never asks questions, he never fails and he gets the done job done in whatever way he deems necessary. But when a young woman, Mia, sees him with his next target he knows he has to silence her in a permeant way; never leave a witness no matter what. But she intrigues him, especially as she watched while he had rough, dirty sex and didn’t turn away. And when her story comes to light he thinks he has 2 options, silence her or trade her in for money but could M ...more
Celestine
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
So, I'm a little afraid to admit I read this book, and ironically, that admission will either attract or repel readers of this review. I felt that same push and pull while reading this novel - horrified, but I couldn't quit turning the pages. It was full of kinky sex, mistreatment of women, callousness regarding the emotional and mental implications of forced sex (which was so egregious that I can't even touch on it in this review), and no remorse for bad acts. The Julien we meet at the beginnin ...more
Melissa Copeland
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Having been so taken with Salvatore, I dove right into another Natasha Knight book. Deviant has an interesting naughty premise, which is really all I need to justify anything.

The first half of the book was intriguing. Julien, a mercenary, is working a contract (and by working I mean nailing) when he notices Mia spying on him from another hotel room. Amused, he draws things out a little longer than planned, knowing he’ll eventually have to kill her for seeing his face.

But
Debbie
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mia is on the run from Samuel, her sister's husband and Jason, his son. She not only testified against Jason sending him to jail, but she left with an important ledger belonging to Samuel. While on the run, she witnesses a gorgeous man having sex through the window of her hotel room. Instead of looking away, she watches unaware that she's been seen. Mia has no way of knowing that Julien is an assassin or that the women he's with is his next target.

Julien sees the innocent green eyed beauty watc
book bruin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook Review

Overall 2.5 stars
Performance 3 stars
Story 1.5- 2 stars

I'm normally not a big dark romance reader, but have become a fan of Natasha Knight's books. She has a way of getting me invested in these broken anti-heroes that surprises me every time. I wanted to enjoy this one too, but unfortunately, Deviant was a miss for me. I knew going in that it was going to be a dark listen, but many situations in the book felt like they were there just for the shock value rather than actually addin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Heat (Russo Saga Book 1)
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Pretty Lies
  • Echo (Bleeding Hearts, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Fractured Ties: Boykov Bratva
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • In the Land of Gods and Monsters, Part Two (Gods & Monsters Book 2)
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Beast (Twisted Ever After, #1)
  • Claudio: A Dark Mafia Hate Story (Chicago Crime Family Book 2)
  • Defiant: A Dark MC Romance (American Street Kings Book 2)
  • Conor (Boston Underworld, #6)
  • The Fall of Sin
  • Deranged: A Dark MC Romance (American Street Kings Book 3)
  • Blood & Lies (A Twisted Duet, #1)
  • Dark (The Boyne Club, #1)
USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance, Natasha Knight specializes in dark, tortured heroes. Happily-Ever-Afters are guaranteed, but she likes to put her characters through hell to get them there. She’s evil like that.

Want to know about New Releases? Sign up for Natasha's newsletter: http://bit.ly/2prymN4

Follow her on Facebook for contests and other fun stuff: http://bit.ly/29q3s4b

News & Interviews

“unable to look away, because there, reflected back, was me. Not as I was. Not as I saw myself. But as she saw me.” 4 likes
“I had to remember that he wasn't the good guy. He wasn't the hero. In fact, he was the villain.” 1 likes