Start by marking “Musings of Miss Yellow” as Want to Read:
Musings of Miss Yellow

Musings of Miss Yellow

Her heart beats for the love of her poetry and her poems pour at the command of her heart. She gives her poems life, and her poems give her heart a billion reasons to beat. Her best poems have the haunt of an early Tennyson or Swinburne giving hints of path breaking poetic genius. It is all in the making. Presently they are born of fantasies, and the imagination is child-l ...more
Published by Authorspress

To ask other readers questions about Musings of Miss Yellow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Musings of Miss Yellow

Rahul Ahuja
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Musings of Miss Yellow is a collection of evocative poems by Supriya Kaur Dhaliwal. Supriya’s poems are born amidst the mountains. They are resplendent emitting vivid shades of life and nature. Her use of ideal words is quite noteworthy which adds magnetism to her poetry. No doubt her poems are a result of her immense passion for travelling and sharp observing skills. The poems are beautifully classified under various headings.

The poem ‘COLLOQUY WITH MY LIFE’ depicts how closely she observes th
Aritra Ghosh
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
With a frolicking touch of melancholy and wonder, she paints fiction and verity together with an iridescent cluster of words and imagination. At twenty, the poetess of The Myriad comes up with yet another amazing anthology of poems — “Musings of Miss Yellow”, bringing to life every word with a sense of aestheticism. Enveloped in a blushing tinge of yellow and jonquil, the omnibus pleases and completes themes from love to parenthood to nature.
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another h
Milan
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
In India, where everyone is rushing to write low standard stories, it’s refreshing to see the world through the eyes of a young poet. “Musings of Miss Yellow” is a collection of introspective poems by Supriya Kaur Dhaliwal.

Her poems are full of sights and smells of the hills. I think Nature has been her ally.

It’s hard to classify these poems as they cover a lot of ground – love, longing, tea, coffee, nature, family. In “A Poem That Doesn’t Rhyme” she ponders: “What will I write? / When all my
Shivang
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Supriya has grasped the very core of the ethereal substance poetry is made of. Her work is far ahead of her time, drawing inspiration from a myriad of thoughts, feelings & experiences. The imagery is vivid & the vocabulary is rich, making each poem a complex delicious sensation. For the lovers of poetry, the book is a delight.

She sees everything in a light that would not even occur to most of us. The poems understand human heart and do not fail to touch it with every syllable.

I am alrea
Richard
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Supriya does not disappoint anyone when it comes to poetry. In Musings of Miss Yellow, she's painted a beautiful scenery of inspiration and motivation. I enjoyed this poetry book. I believe you'll be inspired, too.
Nitin Soni
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book!
Supriya, I love the way you pen down your thoughts.

Natalie
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, introspective poetry.
Samrat Singh
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whether you think of it as a repository of melancholy or a fount of long-lost happiness, her muses are inescapably alluring. Perhaps, if you could dwell deep between the lines, you will know that it's not about rhythm in patterns or the mild anesthesia formed in between the sentences - it's about the story crafted in with such complexities, you can't help but assume what tensions in methods, what elasticity in her thoughts can make a someone write something as pure as this. The yellow, yes, that ...more
Mansi Bhaskar
Joost Baars
Nov 01, 2018
Shruti
May 26, 2019
I am a poet and writer, currently based out of Belfast, Northern Ireland. I moved to Dublin over two years ago from the Himalayas to pursue an MPhil in Irish Writing from Trinity College Dublin. I spent the summer of 2017 in Antwerp, Belgium where I contributed to the Beckett Digital Manuscript Project. I was one of the twelve poets selected for Poetry Ireland Introductions 2018. I was the Poetry ...more