Start by marking “Rendezvous With Yesterday (The Gifted Ones, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rendezvous With Yesterday (The Gifted Ones, #2)

Rendezvous With Yesterday (The Gifted Ones #2)

Modern-day bounty hunter Bethany Bennett helps her brother track two fugitives to a forest outside of Houston, Texas. But what should have been a routine apprehension of two bail skippers spirals out of control and ends in violence. After Beth and her brother are both seriously injured, a mysterious figure suddenly looms over her. And, when the smoke clears, Beth finds her ...more
Published October 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Rendezvous With Yesterday, please sign up.

Dianne Duvall Yes, it's Robert's story. If you've read my Immortal Guardians series, this is the story that plays such a large role in Marcus's background. :-)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
One of my go to authors, this book was entertaining. I always love going back in time romances and this one is good. However, I thought where this book fell short was in the explanations of the time travel.
(view spoiler)
Beth
Oct 18, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Buffy Kennedy
Oct 18, 2016 Buffy Kennedy rated it it was amazing
As usual, Dianne Duvall delivers an enchanting love story. I don’t normally like time travel stories, but this one worked for me. Nothing made me think “how does this not affect everything going forward?” That was largely due to the small number of people that end up knowing the truth and what ends up happening to Beth’s things from the future.

I loved Robert in Dillon’s book and it felt so good to see his story play out. It was incredibly neat to see the story after hearing about it from Marcus
Ellen
Oct 18, 2016 Ellen rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love it. The story pulled me right in and I could not put it down, it was
so good I stayed up till 4am to finish it. I love a story that gets my
emotions involved, whether it makes me smile or laugh out loud or cry.
This one made me cry. It got so bad that I could not see the page or breath threw my nose.
It also makes me want to go back and read the Immortal series again.
JAIME
Yeah, this was fine. Didn't hold a candle to book 1 though so I have concerns with the progression of this series.
AJ
Nov 16, 2016 AJ rated it really liked it
4 stars!

I love Dianne Duvall’s Immortal Guardians series, and this prequel series, The Gifted Ones is an exciting, intriguing and entirely different story arc which can be read as a standalone, but still ties into the original world and its characters. It’s very cleverly done, and this book in particular has brought the two series together beautifully.

Bethany is a bounty hunter who is helping her brother track down two fugitives before everything goes wrong, and in the middle of a forest outsid
Billie
Oct 20, 2016 Billie rated it liked it
It was fine. I liked it, I guess. There was nothing wrong with it but I found it a bit boring and uninspired.
V
Oct 20, 2016 V rated it it was amazing
Love all of Dianne Duvalls books . This was a great book. Couldn't wait to see what would happen but didn't want it to end. Explains some things also. Loved it!!!
Melissa
Oct 21, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I don't know what it is about time travel, but I usually find those kind of stories enjoyable even if they aren't successful. However, this one is quite successful and had me smiling quite a bit while reading it.

Bethany finds herself thrust backward in time to meet the Earl of Fosterly, Robert who we met in the last book. I really liked Robert so I was happy to get his story. Plus, the man is quite swoony! He is a gentleman to Bethany in every way and also very honest and forthcoming. I really e
Emalie
Oct 10, 2015 Emalie marked it as to-read
No publication date yet. Only "2016".

I want this. Now.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
A spellbinding tale of love that transcends time! Fans of the Immortal Guardians series are sure to love the interwoven threads of this story as well. ☺ Full review to come...
Lucy Dosch
Oct 18, 2016 Lucy Dosch rated it it was amazing
Dianne Duvall takes us on a journey into the past unparalleled by even your local Renaissance Faire. While Beth might lack the magical abilities that we saw in Alyssa in A Sorceress of His Own, there is nothing more entertaining then watching this modern woman working her own magic in this male dominated world of the thirteenth century.

For those who are also fans of Dianne’s Immortal Guardian series, this story was a long time coming. When we first met Marcus Grayden in Night Reigns, in 2011, Ma
Angarad
Oct 20, 2016 Angarad rated it really liked it
Finally!!!! I was really excited to read this book, first because I loved Robert in Dillon and Alyssa's story and, two, because I love time travel. This one did not disappoint!!!
A very intense start, fight to death and dive into the Middle Age, Beth is thrown into an unknown world where she adapts surprisingly well but keep her very unique personality. Robert was kind of the perfect gentleman/knight/prince charming. Maybe a bit too nice and perfect at times but that's being picky haha.
The story
Lisa
Oct 19, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gifted Ones, Time travel and True love
I have loved each and every book in Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians series and this book is a great continuation. Bethany is a fantastic, strong heroine and Robert is simply charming and so protective. I love the time travel aspect (made me think of Michael Crichton's Timeline) and how it factors in to the books I've already read. I am also happy to have more information about Marcus' past and the present of all his cohorts in the Middle Ages. All around
Cindy
Oct 20, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Dela
Oct 20, 2016 Dela rated it really liked it
better than first one in this spin off
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked both Bethany and Robert and enjoyed seeing how they got together. This story has been coming for a while because of Marcus (the hero from Night Reigns) being part of it and his attachment to Bethany...but, I don't think you need to read Marcus' story to understand this one, just know that there's more going on with Marcus that can be explained in the main series.

Bethany is a bounty hunter that lived in Texas in our time. She and her brother, Josh, lost
Tania
Nov 11, 2016 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dianne-duvall
"Rendezvous With Yesterday" by Dianne Duvall. Book 2 in the Gifted Ones series.

I cannot tell you how much I loved this book! Time travel, supernatural elements, humour, action packed and romance all rolled into one. The main characters of Robert and Bethany (Beth) are so cute together!

Bethany is a modern day bounty hunter. When she goes on a mission with her brother, things go wrong really fast. When Bethany thinks her life is over, she wakes up in a place she's not familiar with. But what reall
Sue
Nov 06, 2016 Sue rated it it was amazing
4.5 audio and story. I will admit I'm very bias when it comes to DD's works. I absolutely loved that she took one of the better backstories and made it a story that could stand on it's own. Bethany is the object of Marcus' unrequited love, literally falling in love with a time traveler in his teens beginning of the 13th century and he waited 800 years for her to appear back in the 21st century. It was a great back story as to why Marcus was pretty messed up when we first met him in book 1 and wa ...more
Sue
Oct 20, 2016 Sue rated it it was amazing
Rendezvous With Yesterday is the story of Robert, Dillon's brother from A Sorceress Of His Own. I must say I loved Rendezvous even more.

This one was more light hearted. Anyway, after being on deaths door, Bethany was transported back in time and wakes up in England 800 years earlier. Robert and his men find her, she thinks they are from an reenactment group, and because of her jeans and weapons, they think she is crazy.

I laughed out loud at how Robert and the knights are fascinated at the stuff
Ira
Nov 07, 2016 Ira rated it it was amazing
Time travel romance and I absolutely love it!

I probably need to read the first book in the series but I don't think it's necessary.
Also if you already read Marcus's story from Night Reigns, Immortal Guardians series, you want to read this one too, you will meet him here as a young man:)

Do you think one day we will get Seth's book?
Not sure really...
N.J. Walters
Oct 27, 2016 N.J. Walters rated it really liked it
Love the crossover between her Immortal Guardians series and her Gifted Ones series. Can't wait for the next book in both series.
Dawn
Oct 19, 2016 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Good book. Fast read. Enjoyed the first book and his was a great addition. Can't wait for the others in this series.
Fernanda Bomtempo-Marzo
Oct 20, 2016 Fernanda Bomtempo-Marzo rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Kimberly
Nov 08, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2016
Bethany Bennett, a bounty hunter, is with her brother in a forest outside of Houston, Texas chasing two fugitives when they are gunned down. Losing consciousness she sees her brother severely wounded and then there is a cloaked man above her. When Bethany awakens, she is covered in her own blood, but her wounds are healed. Beside her, she finds her backpack and a tent, two items she thought they left in the car. Her brother is nowhere to be found. Panicked she begins searching for him and runs i ...more
Heroes & Heartbreakers
This review was originally posted on Heroes and Heartbreakers

In Rendezvous with Yesterday, Dianne Duvall paints a brilliant picture of the differences of modern life and medieval England by blending her Gifted Ones series with her Immortal Guardians series and to do so, she only needed a splash of time travel dabbed with a little immortality.

Bethany Bennett is a modern woman who has a normal obsession with her cell phone and a not so normal one for guns. But the guns are important to her work in
Jennifer Miller
Oct 20, 2016 Jennifer Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It needs a six star

Ok book one in this series is still my favorite of all time. But this book was so wonderful. I have read every book the author has put out and there all amazing. I'm going back and reading the others again. Thank you for the wonderful hours of reading.
Theresa
Oct 20, 2016 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2016
4.5 Stars
chicalocaromancesavant
This was written poorly. There was a plot and some semi-interesting characters. However, here's what I disliked about it.
1) the virginal heroine who turns into a nympho
2) the lack of any real character from the male character ( he was kinda too perfect)
3) the story started to drag on

I was hoping for something more exciting honestly. I just couldn't get into it. I read till page 231 and started to get bored.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Ok This review is a little hard for me because I love Dianne Duvall and her Immortal Guardians, but this, her 2nd book in The Gifted Ones series is just OK.

Bethany/Beth is first mentioned in bks 1 and 2 of the Immortal Guardians. Bk 2. Night Reigns is Marcus's story. The same Marcus that is in this story only 800 hundred years in the future. Marcus is now a Vampire/Immortal Guardian married to the best character of all Ami. Marcus had been grieving the lost love Bethany for 8 years. Marcus neve
  • The Sea King (Weathermages of Mystral, #2)
  • Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling #2.5, 5.1, 11.5, 12.1)
  • Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2)
  • Salvation Mine (Alpha and Omega, #6)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)
  • Blaze (Dark in You, #2)
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Highland Ever After (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #3)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Midnight Untamed (Midnight Breed, #14.5)
  • Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy, #2)

Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and "wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choic

More about Dianne Duvall...

The Gifted Ones (2 books)
  • A Sorceress of His Own (The Gifted Ones, #1)