Start by marking “Criminal Kind (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Criminal Kind (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #3)

Criminal Kind

(The Charlie McClung Mysteries #3)

It’s the perfect setting for a romantic getaway at sea: Caribbean breezes, clear blue skies, passionate nights, and murder? Not exactly what Detective Charlie McClung and Marian had in mind for their honeymoon. When one of their fellow passengers is murdered on her 35th wedding anniversary, Charlie and Marian get pulled into the investigation. Who would want to kill poor T ...more
Published June 30th 2015 by Sellem Books

To ask other readers questions about Criminal Kind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Criminal Kind

Start your review of Criminal Kind (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #3)
Brian
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
I am hooked on Charlie McClung and his wife Marian, who together form the envious team of not only happy newlyweds but as an outstanding duo of detectives. Charlie is a straight forward Police Detective but his wife is not a Police Officer of any kind but is well read reader of detective novels and has sharp, analytical mind. Together, they are a team you don't want to cross.

Charlie and Marian are on their honeymoon cruise when a mysterious murder occurs. The ship's Security Chief asks Charlie f
Melissa Burcham
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
I was asked for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Another good crime novel from Mary Anne Edwards. I love her Charlie McClung novels. I couldn't put the book down. I anxiously turned pages to find out who dun it. The murder weapon in this book was amazing. I mean, who would have thought of that?! This book did end in some what of a cliff hanger with unanswered questions. I cant wait for the next book to find out wha
T.M. Payne
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book: Criminal Kind (The Charlie McClung Mysteries #3)
Author: Mary Anne Edwards
Publication Date: 6/30/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

*May contain spoilers *

Marian and Charlie are on their honeymoon. They are taking a beautiful cruise but everything they encounter is far from beautiful.
And little did Charlie know his good friend and medical examiner Jack is on this cruise with his sister.
A couple is renewing their vows after 30+ years and after that it al
Jenn Sut
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Criminal Kind
By Mary Anne Edwards

Charlie McClung and his new wife Marian are on a cruise on their honeymoon when another mystery develops. The book just begins when a woman is found dead in her cabin. She was celebrating her wedding anniversary and is believed to have died from an allergic reaction. Good thing Detective McClung is on the ship as well as Watson, a medical coroner. They will get to the bottom of the mystery.

This is the third book in the Charlie McClung Mysteries. It can be read as
Laurie P
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

This is book three in a series I have enjoyed completely. This book can be read as a stand alone but you will miss out on the development of the characters if you don't read the first two books.

These books are very well written and I have been glad to read every word!! I'm not usually into detective type novels but this series of stories has been a pleasure to read. On
Lorraine
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, mystery
I felt like I was holidaying with some good friends in the third book in the series. I joined Charlie and Marian, on their honeymoon cruise, which included an unexpected, and mysterious death.

Marian and Charlie are well-developed characters and there is a wonderful chemistry between them.

The murder 'weapon' in this story was quite creative and well thought out.

I had no idea who the murderer was this time, or their motive, until near the end.

These books could be read as a stand-alone mystery beca
Mary
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
WOW Mary Anne Edwards starts this one right off with a Bang! Right away we are thrown into a murder mystery. A story spun that grips you in the beginning and keeps you till the end. What a way to spend a honeymoon lol. Charlie and Marian just got married and are on a cruise when they are thrown into the middle of a murder that looked to be accidental. Of course being Charlie and Marian, they will do every thing they can to help. Jack is also back, what a coincidence to be on the same cruise. Som ...more
Jane Firebaugh
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this book in a contest. It's the first of Mary Anne Edwards' books that I have read, and I am so happy to have discovered her work! The book kept me engaged from the beginning, and even though it was not the first book in the series, I wasn't struggling to figure out the characters. Everything was well explained without being too overboard for someone who had read the other books first. The plot was beautifully thought out and kept me trying to guess "whodunit" right to the very ...more
Jeanine Walsh palinkas
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love Charlie and Marian!!!! Mary Anne Edwards' writing style, grasp of detail and terminologies brought a smile to my face quite often in this series. I love her flair for old school simplicity. No mention of cell phones, texting, and vanilla romance scenes was quite refreshing in this day and age. Charlie.... Well, he's just "dreamy" for lack of a better word! I truly can't wait for book four!
Paula Genereau
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Charlie & Marian are on their honeymoon when one of the passengers was murfered on her 35th anniversary. Charlie & Marian find out things neither knew about the woman & her husband could be next.

This is a great mystery book. Loved it

Thanks hurricane readers book review for giving me the book in exchange for my honest review
Phyllis
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mary Anne is a fabulous author. her books are exciting from beginning to end. after reading each one I can't wait until another is available. Excellent choice for any reader.
Shelby
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mary Anne Edwards, has done a wonderful job with Criminal Kind. It has kept me wanting to read more and more and not put her book down. Thank you Mrs. Edwards, for such an amazing get away....
Angie Dokos
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I have enjoyed all Mary Anne Edwards' books.
Brian
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
This review was posted on Amazon some time ago.

Charlie and Marian are on their honeymoon cruise when a mysterious murder
Cynthia Lott
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just like her other books, I loved this one equally as much. The setting of a cruise ship was unique and very Agatha Christie like...I would say this book was actually a mix of Agatha Christine, Nancy Drew and a dinner theater production....but one done really well with fun characters, a great mystery and the audience on their toes waiting for clues. It was a great read and the main characters all work well together to discover the murder of a woman...a lot of people are up for suspicion which m ...more
JoAnne
Jul 07, 2015 added it
The 3rd book in this great series takes place on a cruise ship as Charlie and Mariam go on their honeymoon. Of course, along with the romance there is a murder which must be investigated creating a suspenseful and romantic mystery for you to become fully immersed in. With twists and turns and intrigue, you will definitely find this story one to not want to miss.
Sandy Bartles
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Murder at Sea

This is a wonderful book that I will be recommending to family and friends. The author catches your interest from the very first page and leads you on a wonderful adventure to find a murderer. I love reading books where the crime scene is on a cruise ship. Makes it hard for the murderer to disappear. The author is terrific and I will be reading more of her books!
Marlene
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-girl-reads
Newlyweds Detective Charlie McClung and Marian expected a romantic getaway on a cruise ship, but instead have to solve a murder.

Review at Cozy Girl Reads
Mary Smith
Dec 28, 2015
Kate
rated it did not like it
May 01, 2016
Leanna
Nov 23, 2015
Karin
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Marian are at it again – right in the middle of a murder. Because I too have food allergies and know what can happen, it was a little too close to home at times. However, never fear, the good guys win in the end. If I can’t have Marsha & Danny Jones on my next cruise, I want Charlie and Marian McClung! Of course it was supposed to be their honeymoon. It is a good thing that they booked a 10 day cruise. At least they got to enjoy the last three days AND I got to enjoy this book. ...more
John
Carolyn Hindel Hines
Sep 03, 2018
Denise Austin
Jun 30, 2015
Born in Mercedes, Texas, Mary Anne has lived in Georgia most of her life. A lifelong fan of authors such as Agatha Christie, Anne Perry, Caroline Graham, and Elizabeth Peters, it wasn’t until a few years ago that Mary Anne listened to the voices in her head and wrote her own series of traditional mysteries featuring Detective Charlie McClung.

The first book in the series, Brilliant Disguise, was

The Charlie McClung Mysteries (6 books)
  • Brilliant Disguise (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #1)
  • A Good Girl (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #2)
  • Sins of My Youth: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries Book 4)
  • Flirting With Time: A Charlie McClung Mystery (The Charlie McClung Mysteries Book 5)
  • How Deep is the Darkness: A Charlie McClung Mystery (Book 6)