Start by marking “Rope Burn (Boot Knockers Ranch, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rope Burn (Boot Knockers Ranch, #5)

Rope Burn

(Boot Knockers Ranch #5)

She wants to turn up the heat. He’s got the skills to whip her into a frenzy.

The Boot Knockers Ranch, Book 5

TV food show host Tabbart Tracy works hard to give viewers her best recipes. But while her fans are legion, her personal life is colder than a meat locker. Most men just want her to serve up some pie—in the nude.

One glance at her assistant’s sexy brother, though, a

Published September 29th 2015 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Rope Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rope Burn

Sheila
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Looking for an escape from your boring day to day life? Take an unforgettable trip to the Boot Knockers Ranch! Holy crap, if only this place really existed. Spending a week with a man, or two, being totally devoted to your needs? Sign me up!

Tabbart already knows just who she wants as her cowboy for the week. Stowe is the brother of one of her coworkers on her television cooking show. She's considered a celebrity and just wants to get away for awhile from the spotlight, so she signs up for a week
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I want an escape, a sexy good time, and a really fun, easy to get lost in read, I take a vacay to the Boot Knockers Ranch. There I find hot cowboys and the women that break and tame them...and I love it.

Tabbart Tracy is looking to add some spice to more than just the dishes she serves as a popular--read: famous--TV chef. And when she encounters the strong, handsome brother of one of her employees, she thinks he may be the key ingredient...

A week with Stowe, the Boot Knockers Ranch's residen
Angela Goodrich
Petrova has done it again and this time she’s given the Dom from Down Under a well-deserved happy ending. I do believe this is the first installment in this series in which the featured Boot Knocker is so far removed from the ranch at the beginning of the book. Stowe is in California to visit his sister Amelia, the only relative he has that’s living in the States. During his trip, he has a sizzling encounter with celebrity chef Tabbart Tracy that makes quite an impression on Tabbart, enough so t ...more
Jacki
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through Wicked Reads.

This was a nice, steamy short read for me. I am a big fan of books with a ranch theme and the tv cooking show star aspect made this one stand out to me.

Tabbart and Stowe definitely live two very different lifestyles. Both have been content with their lives for awhile now, but lately everything is feeling stagnant.
Tabbart longs to take her hair down, relax, and be herself out of the public eye for once. She ha
Angie
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
Hot, hot, hot! I just love this series; each book can be read as a standalone too. Tabbart is a famous food show host. Stowe is the “dom from down under” at the Boot Knockers Ranch. When these two set eyes on each other you can feel the heat. When Tabbart hunts down Stowe you knew it was gonna be on like donkey kong! This was a hot, steamy read and in true Boot Knockers fashion it swept you off your feet and mad
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I've enjoyed all the Boot Knockers books to date, and this one is another fun and feisty book in the series.

There has not been a celebrity at the Ranch before, and it does rather make things complicated - Stowe however is definitely up to the task. Oh and we get to play voyeurs as he introduces her to D/s in a tantalising way, clearly both of them having more feelings that they had expected or perhaps even wanted. There
Veronica
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Another hot little erotic book from the Boot Knockers Ranch. I enjoyed reading about Stowe, an Aussie cowboy in Texas. When Tabbart, a celebrity TV chef, sees Stowe for the first time it is lust at first sight for both of them. She tracks him down at the ranch and pays for him for a week. Image the scandal of the public finds out.

Rope Burn is a hot and steamy story. I loved the BDSM elements but I did think they leaned more
Nicole Smith
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Take another visit to the Boot Knockers Ranch where things get hot! TV chef Tabbart needs some R&R because she's burning out and Stowe is just the man for the job. Stowe knows his way around the bedroom and how to work some magic with a whip. He can't deny the attraction he has to Tabbart and she brings out feelings in him he never knew he could feel. Even though the sex and chemistry is off the charts smokin' hot there is substance to the story which drew me in. You can see behind what the ...more
Lisa
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"He'd stolen her mind and given her escape."

Em Petrova writes another amazing story of steaming sex and romance in this newest addition to the Boot Knockers series. This is Stowe's story and it begins a bit different. The Dom from Down Under meets Tabbart while visiting his sister Amelia. Tabbart Tracey is a celebrity chef who is feeling lost and out of control, but instantly drawn to Stowe. She arranges to be with him at the ranch and the heat is higher that any kitchen she's ever been in.

Stowe
Tanya Brown
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Em does it again with book #5 in THE BOOT KNOCKERS RANCH series. Stowe is known as being the "Dom From Down Under". Tabbert is famous for her cooking show. Every man seems to have a specialty they deal with better than others and Stowe's is BDSM. Tabbert and Stowe meet at her show while he's visiting his sister who works on the set. Tabbert needs a vacation so she calls The Ranch and requests Stowe for the week but needs to keep her identity under wraps. They both get more than what they bargain ...more
Rosemary
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
My favorite boot knockers book to date.

I identified with some aspects of the heroine and so the book drew me in from the start.

Strong characters, sexy + hot scenes, love. It does have a bit of the bdsm but it's more tasteful and not overly done. (I want a man like Stowe)

An ARC was provided for an honest review.
Tonia Rice
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book as a ARC and promised to leave an honest review. I loved this story and the character!! It was an awesome book and I now have a new author to read!!
Tracey
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is one hot and steamy romance. 💞💘💞

Stowe has been feeling out of sorts for a while and is wondering if it is time to finally start his own ranch. When he takes time off to visit his sister, Amelia, he meets her boss, Tabbart. The attraction between them is instantaneous and sizzling hot. 💕💗💕
Sherry Wood
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series!!

I have read all six books in this series and probably will again. They are so well written with characters that you can visualize in your mind easily. They all have great stories and plenty of hot steamy sexy scenes that will have you squirming as you read.
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Dom from down under hotness

I really Enjoyed Stowe and Tabbart’s story. I like that each book has a different situation and well written characters Stowe is super hot. He and Tabbart sizzle!!
Robin Gland
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story

This is one of the best stories of this series. It was fun, amorous, with great characters. I am so pleased I found this author. I really enjoy her work.
Sandy
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Love an accent. This story kept you reading to find out what would happen with the Aussie Dom and sexy Chef.
Diane
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better

Got back to the series and Stowe was perfect. Our leading lady didn’t want to be recognised at the ranch but did little to hide herself properly. Enjoyable enough.
Jeanne Kotsios
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

This series is so good and gets better and better with each book I just can’t stop reading the. Fantastic
Nancy Bodie
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! Each book is a really good storyline wrapped around some great filth! This author knows how to write! These stories are well written and edited.
Book Gannet
3.5 stars! Taking another raunchy visit to the Boot Knockers Ranch, this fifth installment in the series is every bit as hot and sexy and I’d expect, leaning heavily on the BDSM side of things this time. I did enjoy it, but I don’t know if it was just me but I found the non-sex parts more interesting – which is good in one way because it means this story is about more than sex, and yet if the sex can’t keep my interest in a book like this, something isn’t right (probably me).

However, I’m not alw
Deborah
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rope Burn is book Five in the Boot Knockers Ranch series by Em Petrova and it's one of my favorites! All the books in this series can be read as a standalone so you don't need to have them all to start reading this one. This is Stowe's story, a sex therapist, also know as, The Dom from Down Under! He visits his sister, Alexis, on the set of a cooking show featuring Tabbart Tracy, and when he meets the host-volcanic eruption- its so hot! Neither really know how to handle it and chalk it up to an ...more
Kathy Wideman
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book in the Boot Knockers Series, however they do not have to read in order. In this book Stowe the "Dom from Down Under" goes to visit his sister, Amelia in LA where she works as an assistant to a TV chef names Tabbart Tracy. Tabbart is beginning to get burnt out. She loves her job however she films more episodes than a normal cooking show, all her vacation revolve around her show somehow and she hasn't really dated in two years. Every guy she meets seems to only want her to fee ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“Her other hand was creeping around his thigh, dangerously close to his ass. After she brought the flat of her palm down on his cheek, he trapped her with his body and made her remember her place-under him, screaming, ‘Master.’”

5 huge, fat smoking stars!!! Wow, This book is no joke on the steamy level! Tabbart and Stowe’s chemistry is off the charts hot!!!

Eva Millien
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tabbart Tracy’s personal life is colder than a meat locker, so when her assistant’s sexy brother sends her body from a simmer to a rolling boil she tracks him down to the stud ranch where he works in this red hot and spicy western romance.

Stowe knows what the little TV foodie needs and he’s happy to provide it and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the flaming passion while Stowe earns Tabbart’s trust and takes her for the ride of her life. Be prepared for plenty of hot flashes and sizzl
Julie Barrett
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few Em Petrova novels now, and I've enjoyed them all, but this is by far my favourite. This is a fun, seriously hot book that is perfect to read after a tough day in the real world. It's set at the fabulous Boot Knockers ranch, a ranch full of hunky 'sex therapists' that help women overcome sexual problems and make there wildest fantasies come true. This is pure escapism at its best!

Tabbart is a celebrity chef with a super successful career, but a less than successful love life. Her
Mary
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Ms. Petrova has done it again. Each book I read, I fall a little more in love with the men of the Boot Knockers Ranch.

Stowe's Dom persona is evident in the way he walks, talks and speaks. Even those not into the lifestyle seem to take a deep breath when he walks into a room, or stares into the eyes of a beautiful woman.

Tabbart Tracy is one of those women. As a high profile TV personality and chef, Tabbart has no time for ro
Kim
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about a sexy cowboy and a TV celebrity chef? This combo is off the charts HOT! Tabbart is in charge on set of her cooking show, but once the cameras turn off, she isn’t quite as together. While visiting his sister, who works on Tabbart’s set, Stowe notices that that sexy chef gets flustered and instantly becomes aroused by the thought of taming the TV personality. Imagine his surprise when she shows up at the Ranch with a special request – a week with the sexy Dom and complete ano ...more
Holly - Page To Page Reviews
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received a free copy for an honest review

I love this series, each book has such a different story and who doesn’t like a hot cowboy?! In this book, Tabbart is a famous TV chef whose flawless style is as well known as her flavour combinations. She’s worked hard to get where she is but it hasn’t been easy – her personal life is practically non-existent. After a long string of shows she’s had enough and decides it’s time for a break.

When her assistant’s brother visits the set their chemistry is u
Jenny Prose
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Last night I was able to finish Rope Burn book 5 in the Boot Knocker Ranch Series by Em Petrova. I had been waiting for the Dom from Down Under to get his story and this book did not disappoint. Every time I grab one of these books I wish I was able to go to this Texas ranch where all the men are Sex Therapists. I have never read a cowboy series before this one, but I’m no understanding the fascination with these type of men. They are strong, and masculine and not afraid of hard work. Tabbart an ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Hard: A Military Stepbrother Romance
  • Hell on Heels (Hotel Rodeo, #1)
  • Foster
  • Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds
  • Yummy Addictions (The Yummy Trilogy #1)
  • Baller's Baby
  • Carry Me Home (Off the Map, #3.1)
  • Conflicted (5th Avenue, #1)
  • The Hitman's Baby
  • Unplugged: A Bad Boy Rockstar Romance
  • Watching You (KJ Elite Inc #1)
  • Stand (Stone Kings MC, #4)
  • His Kind of Trouble (Beauty and the Brit, #2)
  • Addicted (Bad Boy Stepbrothers, #1)
  • Rock Me Two Times (Rock Band, #1)
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Slammed
  • Hung

Boot Knockers Ranch (7 books)
  • Pushin' Buttons (Boot Knockers Ranch, #1)
  • Body Language (Boot Knockers Ranch, #2)
  • Reining Men (Boot Knockers Ranch, #3)
  • Ropin' Hearts (Boot Knockers Ranch #4)
  • Cowboy Not Included (Boot Knockers Ranch #6)
  • Cupid Cowboys (Boot Knockers Ranch #7)