Start by marking “Home (Songbird, #4)” as Want to Read:
Home (Songbird, #4)

Home

(Songbird #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  160 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Rachel Myers never meant to stay in Payton. Her eyes were set on bigger things than waitressing at Clark’s Bar. She wants to perform on a stage of her own with bright lights, fame, and fortune. But something got in the way—Joshua Clark. He’s a good man who loves her, a solid rock she can depend on. She wants that to be enough, but it hasn’t quelled her yearning for the big ...more
Published August 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home

really liked it 4.00  ·

Jelena Bosh
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chilling in the best way. A love story with a dark twist..

4.5

A love story that will not only break your heart, but it will be relentless in the way that it does..

When you read a romance story you often find yourself laughing or almost tearing up at many cliche moments. Sometimes, those rare times, you stumble upon a romance that touches your heart and breaks into a million little pieces. HOME was on another level.

Melissa Pearl created a world that, I think, would make anyone want to delve into
Lenore Kosinski

3.75 stars -- While these books are all standalone, you do get something a bit extra when you read them all.  And I actually skipped over 2-4 the first time around, so after reading True Love and Rather Be, I was hella interested in finally reading Josh and Rachel's story.  And it's funny, b/c while I'm a romantic at heart, this wasn't a typical love story for me.  Which is not a bad thing, it's more that there were many other aspects that drew me into thi
Amber
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Home is a passionately raw and breathtakingly brilliant dream of a love so all-consuming and scorching that deep betrayal, and bone-searing pain can never extinguish or destroy. What my eyes beheld was a love so truly perfect and utterly magnificent that not even its excruciatingly painful death could stop it from rising from the ashes to become the beautiful and enchanting phoenix of ancient lore. This power once given freely never really dies. Instead it transforms into an indescribable entity ...more
Kami Dodson-Perry
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Rachel & Josh have a once-in-a-lifetime LOVE. Josh is afraid to say it and Rachel is afraid to believe it.

Rachel wants to be a STAR. The next BIG country singer. Following her dreams (or her mothers) she gets a chance in LA. But the evil doers of the world trap her into an impossible contract. She tries to comply thinking that she is protecting Josh. Her heart breaks everyday for Josh.

She realizes to late that Josh and the city of Payton is her home and her success in life.

Rachel finds herse
Lee
3.5 - 4 stars
Home is a story about promises made, chasing a dream, naivety, re-defining dreams, love and heartbreak, loyalty and forgiveness. It is the story of one young woman, who feels deeply indebted to a promise she made her dying mother, so much so that she naively gets caught up in a false promise of heartbreaking proportions and ends up finding out that there are more than one way to fulfill a promise and that sometimes the path to your dreams is not the obvious one.

Rachel promised her m
Melissa Pearl
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Home has been in my heart for a long time. It's been so cool to finally write the story and see Josh and Rachel come to life. It's a tough journey for them, but I fell in love with them both as I watched them struggle, then finally find their way home again.
Before this book, I would have said that country music wasn't really my thing, but oh man have I changed my tune! The playlist for this book has become one of my favorites and I'm so excited to share it with you.

I really hope you enjoy readi
Vanessa
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the fact that this book has its own playlist on Spotify. Whenever someone writes about music, I think it's important for the readers to listen to the songs. It helped me a lot to feel the energy of these characters.

So many girls go through Rachel's situation. It's complicated when you're chasing a dream, leaving so much behind, and suddenly things aren't as expected. [spoiler altert:] I'm glad she found her home after all.

*Many thanks to Mark My Words Book Publicity for providing an ARC*
Rae Sontheyon
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Home Is Wherever I'm With You" . . .

This is the fourth installment of the songbird series and the books only continue to rise emotionally leaving you feeling good long after you've finished reading. New characters are introduced opening up the stage for more novels in the making, but don't worry some of the past favorites make an appearance. Home is an emotional read that pulls you from beginning to difficult middle to the sweet beautiful end. Oh and if you're not into country music, like me, n
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Home (A Songbird Novel) by Melissa Pearl is definitely different from anything I've read before. It definitely takes on an emotional ride but you finish the book feeling really good about how everything turned out. Rachael and Joshua are already in a relationship when this story begins. They live in the small town of Payton where Josh is happy where things are. He loves Rachael and loves his town. What more could her want? Rachael is a different story. She doesn't want to spend the rest of her l ...more
Zili
3.5 - 4 Stars.

**Home is a part of Melissa Pearl's Songbird series but it works well as a standalone.**

Rachel is a fighter. She's survived some traumatic events and a sad past. She's managed to build a comfortable and happy life for herself with a wonderful guy. It seems that only her own insecurities, an unfulfilled dream and a promise, stand the way of realising what truly makes her happy and where she belongs.

I liked Rachel. She's passionate, demanding and kinda quirky. I appreciated her 'coun
Marcia
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel has it all! A steady job, a wonderful & loving boyfriend, a home, and safety but she feels as if one thing is still missing... following her mama's dream of Rachel being a famous musician. Rachel possesses an incredible talent of singing and playing the guitar beautifully along with a sweetness mixed with some spunk. She vows if she ever gets the opportunity to fulfill her mama's dying wish she will take it in a heartbeat. It means possibly leaving behind Josh the man she adores and l ...more
Kimmie
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful Love story. I will warn you when
you pick it up make sure you have nothing else you need to
do. I could not put it down till I finished the book. I thought
I would pick it read a few chapter before bed. UM hell no I was
up all night. Next thing I know it is 7am and I have finished
the book. Also keep the tissues handy, this book made me
laugh, but it also made me Cry sad and happy tears. It is one
hell of a book. I loved every minute of it and when you add
the playlist to
Lisa
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rachel has always wanted to be on stage, singing in front of big crowds. Her mother recognised her talent and made her promise to pursue this before she died. Finding her way to Josh and his bar was the best the thing that happened to Rachel in a long time but her dream is still there in the background. When the chance comes for her to make her dream a reality she jumps at it and doesn't look back leaving Josh heart broken. But her dream very quickly turns into a nightmare and she realises that ...more
Megan
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This beautifully sad story broke my heart. Rachel & Josh have not had the easiest of lives. They have loved and lost most people around them, and so when they find each other the love they share is all encompassing. I particularly loved Josh in this story, the way the grizzly man silently loved his woman and only wanted her success and happiness was devastatingly gorgeous. Unfortunately for him, Rachel had dreams she needed to follow and that left the poor man broken.

I couldn't guarantee if
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

This is the first time I have read anything by this author and I really enjoyed it, actually I had finished it in just a few hours it had me hook, line and sinker. Great writing great characters and a rollercoaster of a story line I was only about 15% in when the tears started so be aware you may need tissues.

Rachael Myers made her mother a promise on her death bed that she would follow her dream o
Megan
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow Miss Pearl has just put us through the emotional ringer with this book. It was sweet at first then it showed a dark side of following your dreams that is all too real. It was painfully raw whilst keeping it's country charm. Rachel is a beautiful passionate girl with big dreams and a promise to fulfill. Josh is a sweet handsome man who is strong and compassionate with small town dreams and a thriving business. Together they are full of more sugar then southern sweet tea. But sometimes followi ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Mark My Words Book Publicity in return for a fair and honest review.

Rachel has everything that she could ask for but she doesn't realise it as she's too busy chasing a dream based on her mother's last words. We travel with her to the City of Angels where she finds out that there is a dark side that she never even anticipated.

I really enjoyed this book, and the two main characters, but I did have to remind myself that Rachel was making decisions based on an 18-year-old's
Ink Angels  Book Blog
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ink Angels Book Blog received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I am not sure if Melissa was trying to mess with our emotions in Home, but she definitely did. Through the laughs, chills, heartbreak and shock, I did not dare put this down.

Honestly, I developed a love/hate relationship between the characters. There were times when I adored Josh and times when I could not stand him. It was the same with Rachael. Melissa's story always kept me liking one, while being irritated with the other.
Tarsha
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-arc-books
***ARC Review provided by NetGalley***

This is my first time reading a book by Melissa Pearl and I can tell you that this won’t be the last. I love reading books where the couple has to hit a couple of rough patches and bumps before they reach their happily ever after. Home was definitely one of those types of books. Rachel has a great opportunity to pursue her dreams and she has to make tough decisions why she does that. Josh is kinda left on the back burner and he really doesn’t have a choice b
Kimothy
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a really sweet story full of romance and longing. The longing for love and romance but also the longing to chase your dreams. I liked how the author made you think as a reader about your own dreams and if you should follow them or if your dreams are right where you are at this moment you just cannot see it.I totally get where Rachel was coming from the need to go and experience new things is so invigorating and makes you feel alive, but the fear factor of leaving people you love and comf ...more
Venture
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rachel made a promise to her mother that she would do everything to make her dreams come true. She left home with her dreams and a guitar. Josh may be the love of her life but she made a promise. Josh loves Rachel from the moment he found her. He helped her get onto her feet. He doesn't want her to leave.
Rachel leaving for the bright stars changes everything. If Rachel ever comes home, will he forgive her?
Sometimes following your dreams is everything to you. I think there is a line you have to
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rachel; dreams of big lights and fame.
Josh; loves his life the way it is with Rachel in it!
Sometimes it take seeing what love really can be to truly believe in what you have and maybe even change what you truly think you want! This story is about hope, promises, wants, needs and love, a love that allows us to forgive even when you think it's impossible! You never know what might happen life throws us hurtles to jump over but life is also to long not to forgive the people we truly love!
Melissa pe
Cally
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book will tear not only at your heart but your take your emotions along for the ride too.

We meet Josh and Rachel. Rachel promises her mum on her mum's deathbed that she will move away and crack into the Country and Western music industry.

My heart broke when Rachel leaves her home town and Josh.

Rachel arrives in LA and learns very quickly that it isn't what she was expecting and is treated very badly.

On the other hand we have is Josh who is a good fella and is working through his own issues
Donna
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What is success? Is it being rich and famous? A household name? Or is it doing what makes you happy in a place called Home? Home is more than a romance. It deals with the choices we make in our lives trying to attain success and happiness. How losing something or someone can open our eyes to what is truly important in life. To the true meaning of a successful life.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It held my attention with twists and turns. It was well-written and flowed easily. This is my first b
Suzy Turner
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Pearl has done it again - she's produced yet another wonderful story which had me crying and sitting on the edge of my seat. Home is such a beautiful tale of one woman's search for stardom at the cost of everything else - but it was her dying mother's wish, so she has to, right? Some people do stupid things to get where they want to be and don't realise it until it's too late and I was so worried she'd never realise her mistake. The characters were so real, I felt like I truly knew them ...more
legenbooksdary
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A story that begins depressingly but ends with a contradicting flourish.

I love both the main characters in the story, although there are times when they are just too stubborn for their own good. Each individual have their own beautiful personality that makes the readers to keep on reading.

This story doesn't only portray love but it also portrays the kindness of other people who are willing to help you without ever expecting a pay in return. It is not just a story about love. It's a story about
Kerry-Ann
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel I have read by this author and it certainly won’t be the last.

The story was realistic and shows the dark, ugly side of fame. It makes you think twice about the price of stardom, and to what means some people will go to in order to reach the top.

It is moving, heart-breaking in parts but is also a story of redemption and second chances.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a story about young love.

FOUR STARS.
Kim Hampton
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this one down once I started it! I found myself laughing and then crying. The characters were well developed and the story line was fantastic. I loved that it was told from Rachel's and Josh's point of view, so you could see what they were both thinking. Looking forward to checking out more books in this series.
Danielle Goodwin
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Pearl’s “Home” is the fourth tale in the Songbird series, but you can read it as a standalone, I did. Once again, Melissa Pearl has amazing music choices. This one has gone much further beyond what she did in #1, and there are several yummy sex scenes. Josh/Grizz is a hottie. Love the mental pictures of him. Mmmmm! I liked that there was a connection with the #5 story, "True Love."
D.C.
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by NetGalley for Review

I love this series so much. Rachel and Josh are my new favorite Songbird couple.

Rachel faces the challenge of choosing her dreams or love. It's a very real situation that a lot of us face so I think that is why I loved this story so much. Another great read from Melissa Pearl!

• All Shook Up
  • The Millionaire's Deception (Men of the Zodiac, #2)
  • His Heart's Revenge (49th Floor, #4)
  • Bang (B-Squad, #2)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Phantoms #2)
  • Must Love More Kilts (Must Love, #4)
  • The Hookup Hoax (The Hoax Series, #2)
  • Found (Assassin's Revenge #1)
  • Deceived (Dark Alliance, #1)
  • Breaking the Bachelor (Smart Cupid, #1)
  • 30 Nights
  • How to Beguile a Duke  (How To, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Forever (Seduced by Love, #1; Men of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Sweet the Sin (Revenge Saga, #1)
  • The Great Escape (Dilbury Village #2)
  • Once Upon a Dare (Risky Business #1)
  • Kissing Mr. Wrong
  • The Prince's Runaway Lover (Men of the Zodiac, #7)
Melissa Pearl was born in Auckland, New Zealand, but has spent much of her life abroad, living in countries such as Jordan, Cyprus and Pakistan... not to mention a nine month road trip around North America with her husband. "Best. Year. Ever!!" She is a trained elementary teacher, but writing is her passion. Since becoming a full time mother she has had the opportunity to pursue this dream and her ...more

Songbird (10 books)
  • Fever (Songbird, #1)
  • Bulletproof (Songbird, #2)
  • Everything (Songbird, #3)
  • True Love (Songbird, #5)
  • Troublemaker (Songbird #6)
  • Rough Water (Songbird #7)
  • Geronimo (Songbird, #8)
  • Hole Hearted (A Songbird Novel)
  • Rather Be (A Songbird Novel)