Start by marking “A-Force, Vol. 1 #1” as Want to Read:
A-Force, Vol. 1 #1

A-Force, Vol. 1 #1

(A-Force (2015) #1)

Marvel's Mightiest Women finally get their own explosive series! In a secluded corner of the Battleworld, an island nation is fiercely protected by a team of Avengers the likes of which has only ever been glimpsed before. Fighting to protect the small sliver of their world that's left, the Amazing A-Force stands shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to take on the horde!
Published December 16th 2015 by Marvel

Sarah Churchill
I can't give a star rating or really much of an opinion on what little there was here. I didn't get to know a single character before all hell broke loose, so I'm confused and a little underwhelmed for a first issue. The giant assed shark was awesome though. And I do love the concept, it could be AMAZING, so I'll keep reading.
Sam Quixote
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
“If women ruled the world…” - we’ve all heard variations of that sentence, right? There’d be no war, no pollution, everything would make more sense, etc. Well, Marguerite Bennett and G. Willow Wilson give us the Marvel version of what a female-led society would look like - and it’s not bad!

HOWEVER: are you reading Secret Wars? If the answer is no (and, cards on the table, I’m one of those people as well because event comics always suuuuuck) then you might be a little lost with A-Force.

So, a br
Terence
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Arcadia is a Battleworld in which She-Hulk is the Baron. She utilizes an all women team of superheroes called A-Force to defend it.
description

I have to say I was expecting more out of A-Force. It seems like any other world except that an all women superhero team protects it rather than a mix gendered bunch. They certainly would be good in a fight, but they didn't really get a decent one.
description

A-Force #1 was an average addition to the many average Battleworld miniseries.
Kristin
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Do you like comic books written by ladies?

Do you want an all lady superhero team?

Do you want to see multiple members of aforementioned all lady superhero team punch a giant ass shark?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, pick up A-Force #1
Isa Lavinia
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Isa by: Kristin
Shelves: comics-bd-gn
Loved it and will definitely keep reading!

INSPIRATIONAL
Rebecca
Really cool and a promising start to the series. I love the concept and the beautiful, diverse female cast!
Sana
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS SO GOOD, I WANT MORE NOW.
Madeline Amonick
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I found this at the shop I was super excited because I had been anticipated this series ever since I discovered it was being released. I was so excited to see a female driven cast of non-sexualized powerful women, some even women versions of our favorite Marvel stars.

I really loved the artwork it was very vivid which I am going to assume is a trend in Marvel comics.This comic, I know, is the first issue and does not have previous issues or story lines, or at least they are not needed. I cou
The Sapphic Nerd
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An all-female team with America Chavez, Carol Danvers, Loki, Spider-Woman, and more!? You had me at America Chavez. She-Hulk being team leader will give me a much-desired look at her character (I've never read her series but I'm curious).

It's an interesting story that's not hard to follow (considering I'm not reading Secret Wars). The banter between America and Loki makes me grin, and, is it just me or is there something more going on between those two...? Gosh, I hope so.

The art is solid, and s
c,
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
kind of a bit lost as to what's going on and why (view spoiler) but it's all the ladies and i'm in love bye
Dayla
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So....short....want....more!!!
Chris Conley
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating launching point that covered ground, had feeling, and further demonstrated how much of a control-freak God Doom is in his Battleworld.
Emory
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited about the rest of this series!
Jessica
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Ok. Ok. Ok.
So this was my first comic that I've read as a single issue right when it came out. I tend to be behind on the times and have to scramble to catch up but this is one I jumped on right away.
I didn't even know it was coming out, but my friend Brittany told me about it and I thought it sounded so cool! I was definitely not disappointed. It was a breath of fresh air to see a female-centric comic where they are not sexualized or pushed to the side in any way. I mean, it's ALL FEMALES. And
Solace Winter
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Since this is basically an alternate world in the Battleworld universe, this works well. It takes familiar versions of the female superheroes, and gives them a chance to shine in this story. It's emotional, it has action, and it has the dark undertones from their God over their should. It's not a society that rejects men, it is just one that is run by women, which is refreshing as well (in that men are not the enemy). I can't wait to see what happens in this one.
Stanley
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was one of the better Secret Wars stories I have read so far. It was a good read throughout without some of the big questions that for me held back Secret Wars 2 from its potential.

Here we get tons of awesome female superheros fighting a giant shark and an example of the harshness and quickness of the God-Emperor's will.

This was really interesting and should lead to some interesting developments in the Secret Wars series.
Amber
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stop what you're doing and pick up this series! I've heard a lot of people talking about Ms. America and for good reason, but you're also getting a whole team of fabulous ladies in the Battleworld 'verse. Hello, Dazzler! Plus, anything with Captain Marvel is going to get me. Overall, I'm digging the Secret Wars plots and hope this one will be more involved. America, YES!
JB
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm loving the all female cast! The art and coloring are great. A lot happens already in this first issue but the pacing is good. I'm glad this series will go on after Secret Wars ends and I'm looking forward to see where it will go after the island of Arcadia is no longer under Doom's control.
Kayla Eklund
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thus is pretty much a female version of the Avengers. I really enjoyed it although the female Loki and Dinosaur Thor really threw me off for a moment. I am crossing my fingers and hoping and praying that the thing at the end was Ms. Marvel.
Cara
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paper-issue, 2015
I didn't really care for this. It didn't grab my attention, and I won't keep buying paper issues. Maybe I'll try again when it's in trade.
Lauren
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good first issue! I feel so sorry for America and She-Hulk though *sighs really really deeply*
Justin Vessel
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not a 5 star because I wanted more JEAN!!! Always more Jean...
Tar Buendía
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Me gusta mucho la idea pero de momento es demasiado absurda. Nico me pone de lo nervios.
Lorna
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Me encantó💖😭
Travis
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
I find Secret Wars to be a pretty Abysmal event, but seeing marvel create basically their own version of Paradise Island is fun, most of them are in their classic costumes and we get to see one of the heroines punch a giant shark in the face.

Battleworld makes less sense the more they try to explain it and make all these various mini-series fit, but a couple of them are fun/strange ideas and worth a look.

This is one of them.

Hope some version of this team comes back in the post-Secret Wars marvel
Johan
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Disappointing. Maybe I was expecting too much from one of these superhero mashups?
There isn't much going on here at all. Random baddies appear, someone dies, oh no a traitor, the end(also, nico in tears like 4 times). The pacing is also way too high, there's like zero tension or payoff when something dramatic happens.
alana
I love that A-Force is lady force! But really...I don't know these ladies and their back stories enough to appreciate what is happening. And, overall, it just rolls like your normal superhero tale. If you like superheroes and want to see an all-female task force in action, this could be your jam! I'll be waiting to read the trade.
Cody
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
"America! America!! America? America?! AMERICA!"

I like the concept of this series and the art is fantastic, (colorful, creative, and emotive), but the plot is incredibly similar to Secret Wars #2...

Also, anytime I see a character's name written more than SIX times, I get agitated. (Stop saying AMERICA!)
Crystal Berdion
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
After I finished this my only thought was, in the words of Thor "ANOTHER!"

Was already in love with Jennifer Walters character after the She-Hulk series, she does an excellent job as the leader of A-force! Also loved the appearances by Lady Loki and Captain Marvel. Loved the artwork and lady hero teamwork! One quick question though...where was lady Thor and Kate Bishop??
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)

• Zodiac Starforce #1
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015a) #2
  • Black Canary #1
  • Night of the Living Deadpool #1
  • She-Hulk #2
Hugo Award-winning writer of comics and novels including MS MARVEL and ALIF THE UNSEEN.

A-Force (2015) (5 books)