Start by marking “The Family Board Meeting: Is Business Success Hurting Your Family?” as Want to Read:
The Family Board Meeting: Is Business Success Hurting Your Family?

The Family Board Meeting: Is Business Success Hurting Your Family?

Already implemented by thousands around the world, the Board Meetings Strategy is yielding great returns for families. You too can begin connecting, deepening and strengthening the relationship with your most important asset-your children. Using this simple strategy, busy entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals have been re grounded in balance between professional ...more
Published June 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Family Board Meeting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family Board Meeting

Start your review of The Family Board Meeting: Is Business Success Hurting Your Family?
Juvoni
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, e-book
The focus of this book is on building deep parent-child relationships but could be applied to family relationships in general. Business or other professional success can often put one in a mental scarcity trap for time, leading you to spend less time with one’s children or other family members. The Family Board Meeting is a concept towards making and prioritizing consistent time to cultivate deeper family relationships. Three steps the book purposes are one on one time and not necessarily group ...more
Randal Wark
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about having a board meeting with your kids. For the writer, the board is a surf board. It goes to show that as entrepreneurs, the most important thing in life is our relationships, especially of those close to us. That is were true wealth lies. This books makes us appreciate this and gives use the framework to create quarterly one-on-one board meetings with those we love the most, creating life long intimate bonds more powerful then any lecture or life lesson we strive to impart. ...more
Alexandra Gubareva
Essential for a healthy family relationship

The concept Jim unveils is so simple, yet so powerful. Being fully present with another person has become the hardest thing to do with all the technology that surrounds us. We get constantly distracted, which takes away from building a full trustful relationship. Jim takes us back to basics and creates a simple plan to connect again with our children. I am putting his plan in action, and you should try too. Loved this book. Thank you.
Matt Pritchett
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great strategies for improving your relationships.

These are definitely ways to improve your parent child relationship. But it’s not a silver bullet by any means. You can have board meetings and still fail as a parent. Overall, good stuff!
Roxy
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book.

Love the ideas. I’m not so interested in the stories. Which it had less of that. But the message did get through. We will be implanting the book into our family.
Brandon  Benson
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sino!e brilliance

Easy and quick read worth the investment in your family. The hour to read will payoff exponentially for a lifetime.
Kelly
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!

It really put into perspective what kind of relationship one has with their child. I always felt i spent time with my kids, but after this, I really haven't.
Allison
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick easy read, only wanted to readers and have more examples.
Jeff Gove
Jan 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Miracle Morning Companion Planner
  • Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic's Guide to Growth and Fulfillment
  • The Miracle Morning for Parents and Families: How to Bring Out the Best in Your KIDS and Your SELF
  • Sigh, Gone: A Misfit's Memoir of Great Books, Punk Rock, and the Fight to Fit In
  • Alfred Adler: Individual Psychological Theory
  • Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
  • Quotes Book: Alfred Adler Quotes That Broaden Your Horizon
  • The Courage to be Happy: True Contentment Is In Your Power
  • Ho‘oponopono: Your Path to True Forgiveness
  • The Miracle Equation: The Two Decisions That Move Your Biggest Goals from Possible, to Probable, to Inevitable
  • The Inner Gym: A 30-Day Workout For Strengthening Happiness
  • The Score Takes Care of Itself: My Philosophy of Leadership
  • Venture Deals
  • My Spiritual Journey
  • Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It
  • The Infinite Game
  • Kochland: The Secret History of Koch Industries and Corporate Power in America
  • 100 Jokes for Kids
1 follower
Motivated by what he saw as one of the most tragic challenges of modern life—the disconnection of busy entrepreneurs from their families—Jim developed the Family Board Meeting process to help business owners bridge the gaps between themselves and their loved ones.

Since then, both Jim’s message and his book, the Amazon best-seller “The Family Board Meeting,” have spread around the globe. Often call